Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOGLING THE GAZELLE  (Read 23330 times)

DAW

Re: GOOGLING THE GAZELLE
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 05:40:22 AM »

tonight I have my first Finale lesson

How exciting!   Hoo and Ray for you!!

Ben

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 05:40:33 AM »

Fred, your fame on youtube has spread far and wide! A friend in North Carolina who doesn't know that I post here and he doesn't know anything about you or your parody has just forwarded the youtube link for Fish to Anthony. My friend calls it "simply priceless". I will have to let him know the 6 (or less) degrees of separation.

DAW

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 05:40:55 AM »

Welcome back, DR Ben!!!!     :)

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 05:43:15 AM »

On tv tonight for me:

AMERICAN IDOL

90210, PRIVILEGED.

Ben

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 05:44:12 AM »

And now I must get to work. The office, like many others, was closed on Monday. Facilities and Services took the opportunity of the long weekend to do some maintenance which included painting the ceiling. We were warned well in advance. My desk was not disturbed BUT when I came in this morning there was a film of grit all over EVERYTHING. I spent most of the time between 6:30 (I ate breakfast first) and 8:00 cleaning up my desk and dusting everything.

There will be an opportunity to watch the Inaguration Festivities (if I so choose) by going to the Board Room at 11:30 and watching on the big television along with any other Foundation Center employees who choose to take part. I will probably just go home and eat lunch with Anthony and watch from the privacy of our living room.

FJL

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 05:48:30 AM »

Ben - Thanks to you and Anthony for letting me know!   (It seems that Matt Windman of AM New York posted a link on his blog yesterday afternoon, so i wonder if that's how it started getting spread around.)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 05:49:18 AM »

Have fun at work, DR BEN.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 05:50:04 AM »

I'm just reading yesterday's posts. Vibes DR Elmore that you have a better day today. ~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2009, 05:51:54 AM »

DR Jane, re: your PVR recording THE MENTALIST.

Obviously it doesn't know about the delays due to football.

Whenever a game is on i always check to see the status so i can adjust the show i am taping!
There was some interesting stuff at the beginning. Maybe you could check it out online.

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2009, 05:59:36 AM »

Yesterday DR TCB wrote (about the Patti Lupone incident):

Now let me see if I understand this, the guy was thrown out for taking pictures, but the person who recorded this is proud enough to post it on YouTube?

Well the youtube is only an AUDIO.

But thanks to DAW for posting this link. VERY INTERESTING!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2009, 06:05:44 AM »

TOD:

High School, pre-driving:  My friend Bob's bedroom which was actually the house's third story attic and also accessable by outside fire escape--perfect getaway from nosey parents.

High School, driving:  My gang of friends usually hung out at the King of Pizza in Cherry Hill NJ, but that was good only for an hour or two.  The parents of one friend owned and operated an ice cream parlour that we could hang at for an entire evening, but it usually wasn't a lot of fun to do that.  Probably the best place was at Tippen's Pond by the Delaware River, where one could always find a free beer or a puff of weed.  There was also some occasional skinny dipping until a toxic spill scare kept everyone away from the water.

College:  for just drinking and eating and hanging we had the American House, which had a terrific assortment of appetizer snacks and great burgers and cheese stakes.  And there was also the Khyber Pass over in Philly, which was pricier but had live music with appearances by some local bands that went on to become semi well-known like The Hooters, The A's and Robert Hazard.  Some of my friends claim that Cyndi Lauper sang there too but I don't remember seeing her there at all.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2009, 06:18:47 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  I have both televisions tuned to C-Span (currently muted) and will immerse in the inaugural festivities all day today.  My feeling is that, regardless of one's politics, Inauguration Day should be a national holiday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2009, 06:26:32 AM »

TOD: In the 1970s when I was doing a lot of community theatre, the hangout was a bar-restaurant called Duff's, long closed and I still miss the place and its excellent waitress Bev who was both a virtuoso at juggling orders and bills and a fan of the performers....

As soon as I saw BK's question, Duff's popped into my mind.  I spent a lot of time there with DR Elmore and many of our community theatre co-conspirators, consuming burgers, fries, etc.  One great memory was after a performance of "Trial by Jury" when we all serenaded Bev with the "...and a good job, too..." line after she'd delivered 20+ orders correctly without writing anything down.  After Elmore moved to New York and I quit the stage, DH Richard and I continued to go there until Duff's closed.  They had the best vegetable soup, which I've tried and tried to replicate, to no avail.

Sadly, Bev passed away not long ago.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2009, 06:53:44 AM »

TOD:

growing up:  Penny's diner [and Penny's II] with their wonderful tower of desserts
college:  the Rathskellar
later:  "Down the Hatch," a wonderful bar & eatery on the edge of Candlewood Lake near Danbury, CT

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2009, 07:01:51 AM »

Ok. so I have the festivities on the TV in my office.  I hope that it all goes well and I wish him well.  I'm glad that it appears to be a chilly but beautiful day.  Now I need to meet wtih my client laters... Enjoy the day everyone

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2009, 07:04:18 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  I have both televisions tuned to C-Span (currently muted) and will immerse in the inaugural festivities all day today.  My feeling is that, regardless of one's politics, Inauguration Day should be a national holiday.

I wish it was DR Ginny, I was actually pretty shocked when I learned that immigration court would be going on as usual.  The court system is in full swing today as well.   I do find that a little irritating. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2009, 07:13:50 AM »

I"m hoping that the judge either calls for our hearing early or really late so I can watch as much as possible.   Back to work now....

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2009, 07:20:22 AM »

Good Morning!

I awoke to about 1/4 inch of snow on the ground. We so very seldom have snow that it was a lovely sight. It'll likely be gone by tomorrow afternoon, but it was nice to see. Very cold outside, though. Feels like 20, but I suspect it's a bit higher than that.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2009, 07:24:52 AM »

I didn't go out at night to clubs or restaurants when I was a teenager. Truly, I didn't. The group of friends that I ran around with would play games and cook dinner and have recitals (singing, playing instruments, making radio shows on audio tape recorders) at each others' homes. We would occasionally all go to a movie together, but afterwards, would go home.

When I was doing theater regularly, there were two late night places we'd go to after a show: Athens and Landmark. Athens is gone now. Landmark is still around, and I suspect theater folk still go there.

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2009, 07:27:29 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

FOX - AMERICAN IDOL, FRINGE
NBC - BIGGEST LOSER, INAUGURATION special
CBS - reruns of NCIS and THE MENTALIST with an inauguration special in between them
ABC - Inauguration Ball and then a report on the Inauguration
CW  - 90210, PRIVILEGED
TNT - LEVERAGE

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2009, 07:29:26 AM »

I'm going to work on the first movie of FRIDAY THE 13th today even though THE INVADERS comes out next week and the movie FRIDAY the week after. I want to get one of those grisly films out of the way.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2009, 07:30:32 AM »

BTW, the other TV show box set I got yesterday in addition to THE INVADERS, MELROSE PLACE, DAVE'S WORLD, and FRIDAY THE 13th (the series) was BECKER.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2009, 07:42:01 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm hoping my friends that are on The Mall right now are staying safe, warm and healthy.

*There was a report a couple of minutes ago about D.C. Emergency Services making their way to one of the Metro stops to treat some hypothermia patients.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2009, 07:43:33 AM »

And here's an update on Flight 1549 from the AP:

Flight 1549 Passengers to Get $5K for Lost Bags

NEW YORK (AP)  -- US Airways has sent $5,000 checks to each of the 150 passengers on Flight 1549 to compensate them for lost luggage and other belongings.

In a letter sent to passengers, an airline executive said she was "truly sorry.''

The letter also explained that passenger belongings left behind in the plane could be stuck with investigators for months.

The airline also said it would reimburse passengers for their ticket costs.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2009, 07:47:44 AM »

bk - As for "Slumdog Millionaire"... I think it's what leads to the vomit that, well...  In any case...

Glad you liked it.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2009, 07:50:01 AM »

bk - As for iDVD...

I haven't used it in a while, but... You "Copy" the DVD - which does take some time, then you "Save As" in another format.  Now, if you still have to break up the DVD into clips, well... That's something I'm not that adept at, and that would involve using iMovie.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 08:03:22 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2009, 07:51:37 AM »

I can’t give this my highest recommendation as it features a vomit scene.

Academy screenwriters and directors, take note!     :)

DAW

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2009, 07:53:23 AM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2009, 07:57:46 AM »

For another Live view of what's going on on The Mall right now, here's the link to the Smithsonian's Museum of the American Indian WEBCAM.

*Not only is it "looking" right at the Capitol, but it also has sound.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2009, 08:00:33 AM »

der Busher is "history" in minus 54 minutes and counting!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up