Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS  (Read 27708 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2009, 08:34:57 PM »

I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nada and nada in the previews for tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2009, 08:35:09 PM »

Page Ten Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2009, 08:36:36 PM »

Then, I settled in to watch the two episodes of LOST which began its fifth season.

All ideas about flashbacks and flashforwards is kind of shot to hell now with the multiple time frames for the show. Exciting, perplexing, riveting: everything LOST has almost always been and is still.

Matt H.

« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2009, 08:37:32 PM »

I'll have tonight's DAMAGES, LAW & ORDER, and CSI: NY on the DVR, and I suspect I'll be ready to start on the second season of THE INVADERS tomorrow night, too.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #274 on: January 21, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »

DR Jane i'm reading about your library trip from yesterday.

I've never heard of self-check out for books. I don't think they would ever do that here. Does your library have a motion sensor. The librarians here have to rub the books against the sensor so they don't go off when we leave.

Also, i can't even imagine a library letting dogs in.  It sounds very odd to me. What if they chew on a book?

Well, what if a person chewed on a book?

Ask DR Ginny this one ;)

I've seen worse - wa-a-a-ay worse  :P

Sign in Ginny's library:

FREEDOM OF ExPRESSION DOES NOT INCLUDE BODILY FUNCTIONS!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2009, 08:52:32 PM »

And now for something completely different...

Remember the Patti LuPone audio clip that was posted a few days ago?

Well... Here's the REMIX!!

;D

*And I believe DR elmore knows the creator of this bit of fabulosity.  ;)

And a new word enters the Great White Way vocabulary!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2009, 08:57:45 PM »

Since I didn't get a great night of sleep last night, I'm heading down now to give it another try tonight!

Good night!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2009, 09:05:48 PM »

I seem to get called to jury duty every three years.  It's always during the dog days of summer on a day when there doesn't seem to be a lot of court action.  For the last two times I've not only not been picked for a panel, I was not even called up to the court.  I was payed $5.00 for my efforts.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2009, 09:07:54 PM »

Tonight's LOST

SPOILER WARNING!!  SPOILER WARNING!!  SPOILER WARNING!!  SPOILER WARNING!!  SPOILER WARNING!!  SPOILER WARNING!!
SPOILER WARNING!!  SPOILER WARNING!!  SPOILER WARNING!!  SPOILER WARNING!!  SPOILER WARNING!!  SPOILER WARNING!!

It was pretty good!
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2009, 09:22:11 PM »

I need to read Dewey.  The librarian who wrote the book will be signing books at the local library Monday night.  I'm thinking about going to ask her if the kitten they found around Christmas time has moved into the library

No, the library board voted not to adopt the new kitty.  But the author has adopted him and taken him home!    :D

Story here

LOL. Too funny that I have to get my info about Spencer IA from someone in New York.  Thanks for the info

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2009, 09:23:07 PM »

Well, since it IS "Ask BK Day. . . "

Barbara Cook has expressed her dislike for Cole Porter once or twice.  (I don't agree with her on this).
But, say that Ms. Cook employed the very esteemed BK to produce an album of her singing Cole Porter songs, my question for ASK BK DAY is:

What ten or twelve Cole Porter compositions would you have Miss Barbara Cook sing?

Probably the same songs we chose for the Rebecca Luker Cole Porter album.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2009, 09:24:11 PM »

I just reread what I wrote today, and with just a couple of exceptions hated every minute of it - I went off on some weird tangent that was so wrong - so I just rewrote seven pages of stuff and now I'm much happier.

Cillaliz

« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »

DR Jane, I guess we are just used to the no dog rules.

I don't think dogs are really allowed anywhere.  And i don't think anyone would even think to bring one to the library. I guess it depends what you are used to.

I could see a dog being allowed to eat at an outside restaurant. Although even then i would want to make sure that the dog did not disturb anyone (i.e., if someone was eating at the next table who was not comfortable with it).

We have found most people with unruly dogs do not take them out to restaurants or shopping.  At home & while traveling we have spoken to various workers/owners at shops, art galleries, restaurants, etc that invite dogs to visit.  Basically the response is the same, they rarely or never have had a problem with dogs, children on the other hand far too many times. 

In Ashland I know of four shops with live in cats & two with dogs that go to work with their owners.  Our major complaint is the crack-down on dogs eating in one area of town, the area where there is plenty of space to spread out & not have your dog bother anyone. 

the only dogs allowed in restaurants, stores etc here are dogs assisting the blind, deaf etc

Cillaliz

« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2009, 09:29:31 PM »

I would love to spend January & February in the desert climate.

I actually liked March in the dessert the best

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #284 on: January 21, 2009, 09:30:59 PM »

Well...

It was a good night of TV.

And now it's time for a good night of sleep.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #285 on: January 21, 2009, 09:41:47 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2009, 09:55:49 PM »

I didn't last through all of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.  I think part of it is I have work that I was thinking about the work I need to do,. Anyway, I wasn't the only one leaving at intermission. It was a Canadian company. They were ok, but I just wasn't at all into the show and the sound levels were kind of goofy. I could hear everything but it all seemed so muffled. 

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2009, 09:57:26 PM »

I don't think dogs are really allowed anywhere.  And i don't think anyone would even think to bring one to the library. I guess it depends what you are used to.

I could see a dog being allowed to eat at an outside restaurant. Although even then i would want to make sure that the dog did not disturb anyone (i.e., if someone was eating at the next table who was not comfortable with it).

We have found most people with unruly dogs do not take them out to restaurants or shopping.  At home & while traveling we have spoken to various workers/owners at shops, art galleries, restaurants, etc that invite dogs to visit.  Basically the response is the same, they rarely or never have had a problem with dogs, children on the other hand far too many times. 

In Ashland I know of four shops with live in cats & two with dogs that go to work with their owners.  Our major complaint is the crack-down on dogs eating in one area of town, the area where there is plenty of space to spread out & not have your dog bother anyone. 

the only dogs allowed in restaurants, stores etc here are dogs assisting the blind, deaf etc

Could I pass as "etc"?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »

I went to the office and worked until the show got out.  Mostly because I don't like being in the office late at night when no one is around.  I did get a lot done.  Not everything I needed to get done, but most of it

Cillaliz

« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2009, 09:58:34 PM »

Could I pass as "etc"?

der Brucer

:D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2009, 10:11:31 PM »

Very interesting people are friending me on Facebook.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2009, 10:15:21 PM »

Will we never get to page eleven?

Cillaliz

« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2009, 10:20:03 PM »

My mom called me at 10:30 tonight.  She's never called me that late so I knew something was wrong.  Turns out my brother is in the hospital.  He doubled over in pain today and they took him to emergency. They don't think it's his heart (He had angioplasty when he was 36 years old, so we worry) but they will be checking again tomorrow. They think it may be gall bladder, but we don't know.   This is DR Samantha's dad.  She's been at the hospital with him ever since he got there.   Vibes would really be appreciated

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2009, 10:39:34 PM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones for Cilla's bro.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up