Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WINTER SOLSTICE  (Read 42837 times)

Cillaliz

Re:WINTER SOLSTICE
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2006, 05:43:52 PM »

After hearing so many wonderful things about The Brain...I am most anxious to hear and see it.  Will the CD and/or the DVD be available at some point

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2006, 05:44:52 PM »

Others can just sit there like so much fish, but we WILL reach three hundred postings before midnight.

And you can tell Jose THAT.  I must say, his abandonment of this here site is unfeeling and incredibly thoughtless at this lovely time of year - and please don't hand me any malarky about how busy he is - we're ALL busy - I was busier than busy, what with putting up a new musical, running said musical, taping said musical, recording the cast album for said musical, shipping hundreds of Skinner/Ripley discs and, well, I could go on but you get the drift.

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2006, 05:45:03 PM »

Can someone do a dance for me?  Pretty please?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2006, 05:45:40 PM »

The CD will hopefully be available end of January/early February.  The DVD is more for archival and sales purposes, and won't be released.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2006, 05:46:05 PM »

Page eight, baby!  That's what I'M talkin' about!  Tell Jose THAT!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2006, 05:46:34 PM »

Even when I must be errant and truant I'm around.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2006, 05:47:22 PM »

I'm happy to see these Arabian Nights film choices - I will have to watch some that I haven't seen.

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2006, 05:49:50 PM »

The CD will hopefully be available end of January/early February.  The DVD is more for archival and sales purposes, and won't be released.

I thought you'd say that about the DVD....hey Edi....need and assistant ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2006, 05:50:51 PM »

Looking forward to the CD

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2006, 05:55:54 PM »

Because BK had just recorded it for another album - a Sherlock Holmes collection, sung by Miss Judy Kaye.  I didn't feel like doing it again, frankly.

Hmmm

No wonder I don't have it - it's out of print!!!!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2006, 06:00:01 PM »

I'm at work and I'm about to fall asleep!  Must at least pretend to be awake!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2006, 06:00:18 PM »

DR Elmore - you recently saw DR Jose...how is he and is he ever coming back?????

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2006, 06:01:27 PM »

Re:  Brandon Mayfield's settlement.  I wasn't aware the entire $2 mil came from your pocket, DerBrucer.   ;D  Since the US population is well over 300 million now, even lowballing taxpayers at 1/3 of that, 100 million, means each person's "share" is, you guessed it, your 2 cents' worth!

Having met and spoken with Brandon and his wife (long before the settlement, but after his release), personally I think they deserved 10 or even 100 times that amount.  And I hope his continuing lawsuit against the fascistic elements of the dubiously named "Patriot Act" are completely successful.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2006, 06:02:30 PM »

I am so glad I am not at the airport in Denver.  Although you could ride the train back and forth between the terminals....

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: December 21, 2006, 06:10:07 PM »

Re:  Brandon Mayfield's settlement.  I wasn't aware the entire $2 mil came from your pocket, DerBrucer.   ;D  Since the US population is well over 300 million now, even lowballing taxpayers at 1/3 of that, 100 million, means each person's "share" is, you guessed it, your 2 cents' worth!

Having met and spoken with Brandon and his wife (long before the settlement, but after his release), personally I think they deserved 10 or even 100 times that amount.  And I hope his continuing lawsuit against the fascistic elements of the dubiously named "Patriot Act" are completely successful.

I couldn't agree more JMK. Not only was his home and office searched with sneak and peek warrants - you aren't told that they have been in your residence or office - but 4 US government experts were 100 percent sure it was his fingerprint on the bag.  The European experts said no, and thank god they arrested the real culprit and Brandon Mayfield was freed.  It has caused a ripple throughout the fingerprint examiners community. I'm not sure the changes they are making will be better "science" or if they will just CYA for the examiners.  It's scary.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #225 on: December 21, 2006, 06:15:04 PM »

From DakotaCelt:
Jane, glad to hear that you have a lovely chat with PennyO.. Sherlock must have adored playing with Penny.

He did and we enjoyed watching Penny's antics. ;D ;D

Power vibes for Penny!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #226 on: December 21, 2006, 06:16:05 PM »

I couldn't agree more JMK. Not only was his home and office searched with sneak and peek warrants - you aren't told that they have been in your residence or office - but 4 US government experts were 100 percent sure it was his fingerprint on the bag.  The European experts said no, and thank god they arrested the real culprit and Brandon Mayfield was freed.  It has caused a ripple throughout the fingerprint examiners community. I'm not sure the changes they are making will be better "science" or if they will just CYA for the examiners.  It's scary.

He's actually a very (and I mean very) soft-spoken, unassuming guy.  I was beyond impressed with him and urged him (this was probably two years or so ago) to sue the f*** out of the FBI.  I also pleaded with him to name Ass--er, Ashcroft as an individual defendant.  Not sure if he did that (maybe you know), but it made him laugh at the time.  Of course he was represented by Gerry Spence and several others, so I'm sure his "windfall" is in the hundreds of thousands after they're paid.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #227 on: December 21, 2006, 06:22:39 PM »

We just got a "love letter" to our Sacco and Vanzetti site that I felt I must share.....

How sad.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #228 on: December 21, 2006, 06:22:52 PM »

Din-din is out of the oven.

A small roast of pork loin, slivered with ginger and garlic and doused with soy sauce.

To be accompanied by sesame noodles (a mix by Lipton/Knorr) and a salad of lettuce, mandarin oranges, and whatever else makes sense.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: December 21, 2006, 06:25:53 PM »

Watching DVD number two.  A strange film, poorly written and directed, but it's at least holding my attention mainly due to its two leading players, Paul Giametti and Bryce Dallas Howard.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2006, 06:26:15 PM »

Back from a brisk jog - not an easy jog, but we got the jog job done.
Dear Esteemed BK -
Do you jog a different route each day, or do you jog a route you have memorized (in other words, jog your memory) ?

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: December 21, 2006, 06:26:26 PM »

I feel three hudred posts - perhaps even more.  As Newley and Bricusse once said, Nothing Can Stop Me Now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: December 21, 2006, 06:26:39 PM »

Page nine, coming soon.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: December 21, 2006, 06:27:51 PM »

Dear Esteemed BK -
Do you jog a different route each day, or do you jog a route you have memorized (in other words, jog your memory) ?

::)

I jog the exact same route every day - sometimes I go a few extra blocks, but it's always the same.  I varied it one day and did not enjoy the variance.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: December 21, 2006, 06:28:23 PM »

I had a Wolfgang Puck chicken Caesar salad for lunch, dinner, and every other meal.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: December 21, 2006, 06:28:34 PM »

Back to the movie.

Jane

« Reply #236 on: December 21, 2006, 06:30:13 PM »

Sandra I believe your pre-school stories are going to surpass your strange professor stories.  

Rain vibes to those who need them-I’ll take no-rain vibes over the long weekend.

Elmore-good news about your brother!  Vibes this is the end of his antics!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2006, 06:30:20 PM »

He's actually a very (and I mean very) soft-spoken, unassuming guy.  I was beyond impressed with him and urged him (this was probably two years or so ago) to sue the f*** out of the FBI.  I also pleaded with him to name Ass--er, Ashcroft as an individual defendant.  Not sure if he did that (maybe you know), but it made him laugh at the time.  Of course he was represented by Gerry Spence and several others, so I'm sure his "windfall" is in the hundreds of thousands after they're paid.

I don't know the details of the civil suit. I do know about what happened to him from hearing the lawyers who represented him when he was arrested speak at a meeting I attended.  I also had to cross a fingerprint examiner in a trial last year, so I studied a lot about his case and used it in the courtroom.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 06:31:13 PM by Cillaliz »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2006, 06:30:23 PM »

Ok, I do have something to post...how do people like Virginia Representative Virgil Goode ever get elected! People like him scare the heck out of me....Lawmaker Fears Election of 'More Muslims'
 -->http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/lawmaker-fears-election-of-more-muslims/20061220182909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001
What is scary is that a lot of people are agreeing with this jackhole!

Cillaliz

« Reply #239 on: December 21, 2006, 06:33:08 PM »

As much as I'd like a white Christmas, I have to admit it would have really screwed things up this week. Many court appearances, family members and witnesses to bring in etc. That's a royal pain when people can't get there because of bad roads...so I'm ok with the rain. We may have freezing fog overnight tonight
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up