Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MENTORING ME  (Read 27115 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE MENTORING ME
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2006, 09:16:18 PM »

How many boys do you know named Sandra?

You know Johnny Cash sung about a man named Sue...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2006, 09:17:14 PM »

I have a question for all you book/movie people.  They are taking suggestions for next year's One Book One Siouxland. They want a book that has been made into a movie, suitable for Jr High age and older, and that we could bring in someone associated with the book or movie.

A lot of people came to the movie because Mary Badham was here, so we want to be able to bring in someone next year.

They are tossing around Catch-22 and In Cold Blood - not sure if there is anyone to bring in on those, though.  Anyone have ideas?

Let's see.... IN COLD BLOOD.  Well, let me think...Truman is no longer available.  Ditto for Perry Smith and Richard Hickock...........

Ah, I know, Robert Blake is probably available and you could get two crimes for the price of one!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2006, 09:18:42 PM »

Page 8 powwow

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2006, 09:21:24 PM »

JRand- I not only got you an autographed book, I got you mary Badham's email and phone numbers so you can contact her in case you would like her to appear at your production. Don't know what she charges, but she does go to a lot of schools and does presentations on the issues in Mockingbird. So, it could be an opportunity to bring the schools into a project with the theatre. Just a thought.  

Cilla, lovely picture!! It looks like you had a wonderful time.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2006, 09:22:39 PM »

Hello.  Thanks all for the Vix Voice Vibes... she thinks she did pretty well although she said that at one point she felt like she had to cough and "kind of swallowed" a note and the adjudicator mentioned it afterwards so she is sure she lost a point  there.  

I am afraid I didn't get as much housework done as I wanted to because that  blankety blank  headache would not go away. I finally had to lie down in a dark room and fell asleep for a few hours.  Of course now everyione else has gone to bed and I'm wide awake.  But thank goodness the headache is gone!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2006, 09:23:43 PM »

Cillaliz and DakotaCelt  very nice pictures!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2006, 09:25:23 PM »

I should perhaps post a link for the picture above. ND has one of the largest powwows in the United States in the summer called the United Tribes Powwow. It has over 1500 dancers and thousands of spectators. Dancers from over 70 tribes in the United States and Canada attend.

http://www.theworldwidegourmet.com/travel/usa/dakota/goingout.htm

http://www.unitedtribespowwow.com/

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2006, 09:26:03 PM »

They are grass dancers.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2006, 09:28:25 PM »

She said that they put on the play every year in Monroeville, AL and every year she appears at the final performance, so it wouldn't be crazy. I didn't ask for her contact info, btw, she offered it.

I have alwasy liked that movie. Fantastic book also.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2006, 09:34:24 PM »

I attended a powwow tonight that the three colleges in the FArgo-Moorhead area put on. It was pretty good and has grown considerably in the last few years. There were a number of vendors there also and I bought some natural teas and some beadwork. There were some incredibly talented artisans at the show.

The dancers were excellent it is nice to see the youngsters learning the different dances. There was little girl that was no more than 4 or 5 and she held her own with the bigger girls in the Jingle dance.

This is a picture of a jingle dress...

http://www.gatheringofnations.com/educate/powwow_dancers/index.htm

vixmom

« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2006, 09:42:09 PM »

DakotaCelt

Of course any meal withe the lovely and talented PennyO  and/or our esteemed BK would always be welcome!

I had the good fortune last April to have a dinner with both of them as well as many, many of our lovely HHW'ers after the offical HHW viewing of PennyO's wonderful show "Jewish Thighs on Broadway" with accompaniment by the lovely and talented JoseS Piano!!

It was quite a wonderful evening,as well as the aforementioned BK, Penny & Jose I had the great pleasure of meeting, Elmore,  Rodzinski , TPunk, Ben & his DP Anthony, Danise, MichaelShayne, Ginny, Maria,  oh I am forgetting people... my longtime friends WFO and his DP Joe were there...you would have loved it!

vixmom

« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2006, 09:44:05 PM »

Well I guess I will try to get some sleep.  Later gators!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2006, 09:52:39 PM »

DakotaCelt

Of course any meal withe the lovely and talented PennyO  and/or our esteemed BK would always be welcome!

I had the good fortune last April to have a dinner with both of them as well as many, many of our lovely HHW'ers after the offical HHW viewing of PennyO's wonderful show "Jewish Thighs on Broadway" with accompaniment by the lovely and talented JoseS Piano!!

It was quite a wonderful evening,as well as the aforementioned BK, Penny & Jose I had the great pleasure of meeting, Elmore,  Rodzinski , TPunk, Ben & his DP Anthony, Danise, MichaelShayne, Ginny, Maria,  oh I am forgetting people... my longtime friends WFO and his DP Joe were there...you would have loved it!

It does sound like a wonderful time... I am hoping to meet Cilla this summer. I have chatted with Jane and she is indeed a very classy person!!  Do you have pictures of your gathering?

Penny would be another fun person to chat with..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2006, 09:53:01 PM »

Pleasant dreams Vix!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2006, 09:56:02 PM »

Let's see.... IN COLD BLOOD.  Well, let me think...Truman is no longer available.  Ditto for Perry Smith and Richard Hickock...........

Ah, I know, Robert Blake is probably available and you could get two crimes for the price of one!

LOL!  I'll pass that on, it will at least be good for a laugh

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2006, 09:56:38 PM »

Oh I may as well get to 2700 posts before I go to sleep

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2006, 09:56:58 PM »

There we are! Good night...

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2006, 09:59:43 PM »

OH, I didn't mention what the dinner was tonight....well, it was a southern theme, so we had a lovely green salad with lots of fruit tossed in, pork roast, crab cake (don't know where that fit in) mashed potatoes, beans, corn bread and for dessert - pecan pie

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2006, 10:07:01 PM »

OH, I didn't mention what the dinner was tonight....well, it was a southern theme, so we had a lovely green salad with lots of fruit tossed in, pork roast, crab cake (don't know where that fit in) mashed potatoes, beans, corn bread and for dessert - pecan pie

Sounds like a lovely meal...

FJL

« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2006, 10:26:44 PM »

I remember MAD Magazine was doing sequels to IN COLD BLOOD once.  We've bandied them about before but they bear repeating:

IN COLDER BLOOD
IN EVEN COLDER BLOOD
IN COLDEST BLOOD
IN BLOOD SO COLD YOU COULD PLOTZ

FJL

« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2006, 10:28:48 PM »

And speaking of old jokes, who can forget the GET SMART episode about the TEQUILA MOCKINGBIRD?

Or some other variety show that did KVETCH-22?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2006, 11:25:30 PM »

I just got back from seeing The Mikado, as performed by the Carl Rosa Opera Company and let me say that it was wonderful!  The costumes were the actual Academy Award® winning costumes that were made for the movie "Topsy Turvy."  Everything was just great.  The singers, the acting, the minimal sets, the costumes...all added up to a thoroughly enjoyable time!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2006, 11:40:56 PM »

T.O.D.
My second choice would be the WSMA, Brent Barrett, the dinner would be in my hotel suite, and the conversation would be nobody's business but ours.

You mean that you would actually speak??  Wouldn't that take up too much time?? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up