Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MENTORING ME  (Read 27736 times)

Ginny

Re:THE MENTORING ME
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2006, 11:14:17 AM »

Gins! How was the workshop??

DR PennyO - thanks for asking.  I've done 3 "performances" this week:

Wednesday - guest lectured on prospect research to a fundraising and grantwriting class at Wright State University

Thursday - did the Grantseeking Basics for Individuals in the Arts workshop.  This one was especially stressful, because it's new to my repertoire.  The group was quite small - the arts consortium didn't do a very good marketing job - but the dozen people who were there were quite interesting and, yes, appreciative.

Today - the Grantseeking Basics (geared to nonprofit organizations) workshop that I do once a month and could probably do in my sleep.  Today's group was very tuned in and included 2 students who had been in the Wednesday class.  They all asked great questions, which often led directly to the next thing I was going to talk about - I love when that happens!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2006, 11:16:21 AM »

POGUE CREATIONS - that's the name of the proposed all-Pogue cable network vixmom mentioned

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2006, 11:21:43 AM »

DRs TPunk and Rodzinski - Please give our very own DR Jose, the Broadway pianist, all my best!  And enjoy the show!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2006, 11:25:30 AM »

Oh DR CILLA LIZ - when you're meeting up with Scout today, don't forget the Putnam County Playhouse - we're doing TKAM this September and anything that you can get for our display case will be appreciate.  We will of course reimburse you!

Thanks!

TKAM?  THE KING AND ME?

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2006, 11:25:51 AM »

I also wanted to chime in on the punctuation question that DR Vixmom asked yesterday and that DR derBrucer answered exactly as I would have:  

If something is a whole work (book, periodical, play, etc.) - italicize or underline; if it's a part of a whole (chapter in a book, article in a periodical, song in a musical, etc.), put in quotes.  

In a past life, I taught the ins and outs of the various bibliographic styles - APA, MLA, Turabian, etc. - and truly enjoyed it.  Call me a geek.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2006, 11:30:23 AM »

This used to be the stuff some films were made of

Quote:
Say What: Naked carpenter offending clients  
Press-Telegram wire reports
Long Beach Press Telegram

OAKLAND — Most carpenters work in coveralls or at least pants and a shirt. Police say Percy Honniball prefers to do his work in his birthday suit.
"It's more comfortable," said Honniball in a phone interview Thursday. "The primary reason is so I (won't) dirty my clothes and have to get into my truck with dusty clothes on."

But not everyone is tolerant of nude carpenters. A homeowner called police when he arrived home early and found the worker buck naked.

"He got upset and he said 'You have to leave,"' Honniball said of the incident.

Oakland Police Officer Jesse Grant said when asked by the homeowner what was going on, Honniball "didn't address the fact that he was naked, only that he was sorry that he was behind in the work" building bookcases.

Honniball had been caught working in the buff three times before in Berkeley.

Honniball said Thursday he doesn't plan to work naked again.

:der Brucer

Hey, Ron, if you need a good carpenter..........

« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 11:32:48 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2006, 11:33:55 AM »

TCB, you are a riot!!  
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2006, 11:35:38 AM »

Happy Birthday Sandra!!

I hope you have a spectacular day!!

I will have a cherry coke in your honor later today...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2006, 11:37:08 AM »

Have fun George watching the Mikado.. That is one of the GnS operettas I ahve always wanted to see. Love HMS Pinafore.

Has anyone ever seen any of Richard Sheridan Brinsley's works?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2006, 11:39:44 AM »

I also wanted to chime in on the punctuation question that DR Vixmom asked yesterday and that DR derBrucer answered exactly as I would have:  

If something is a whole work (book, periodical, play, etc.) - italicize or underline; if it's a part of a whole (chapter in a book, article in a periodical, song in a musical, etc.), put in quotes.  

In a past life, I taught the ins and outs of the various bibliographic styles - APA, MLA, Turabian, etc. - and truly enjoyed it.  Call me a geek.

I would have answered the same way. Funny, when you work at circulation and after reference leaves, you get the most interesting questions. I have often been asked questions about formatting also..

The only style I have no familiarity with is the style often used in writing the biological sciences.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2006, 11:41:03 AM »

DR Tpunk and Rodz, enjoy the show and I echo Ginny, please give Jose lots of broken leg vibes..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2006, 11:42:28 AM »

DR PennyO - thanks for asking.  I've done 3 "performances" this week:

Wednesday - guest lectured on prospect research to a fundraising and grantwriting class at Wright State University

Thursday - did the Grantseeking Basics for Individuals in the Arts workshop.  This one was especially stressful, because it's new to my repertoire.  The group was quite small - the arts consortium didn't do a very good marketing job - but the dozen people who were there were quite interesting and, yes, appreciative.

Today - the Grantseeking Basics (geared to nonprofit organizations) workshop that I do once a month and could probably do in my sleep.  Today's group was very tuned in and included 2 students who had been in the Wednesday class.  They all asked great questions, which often led directly to the next thing I was going to talk about - I love when that happens!

That is nice Ginny when questions are asked that lead to a nice segway to next topic.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2006, 11:43:22 AM »

Hello gentlemen, fell free to chat.... I wont bite :-)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2006, 11:50:06 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]******HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR SANDRA!********[/move]

“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2006, 11:53:46 AM »

Have fun George watching the Mikado.. That is one of the GnS operettas I ahve always wanted to see. Love HMS Pinafore.

Has anyone ever seen any of Richard Sheridan Brinsley's works?

THE RIVALS and THE SCHOOL FOR SCANDAL.  I love them both, but the SCHOOL FOR SCANDAL is better, with a bit of heart.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2006, 11:54:13 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]AND BEALTED BIRTHDAY WISHES TO NICK REDMAN![/move]

“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2006, 11:59:50 AM »

Finally to the topic of the day.....

Who do I want to have dinner with...

I suspect many of you would also love to have dinner or lunch with Bk!! The man has had an interesting life and has perhaps much insight and witticism to share....

Actors??? Hmm, this is a tough one.... There are SO many...

Matthew Ashford and Melissa Reeves.... They both seem down to earth and nice individuals... (discuss anything BUT the present state of days)

Pierce Brosnan... Angela Lansbury (I adore her for she is incredibly talented), William Macy, Liam Neeson and Colin Firth....

One of my students workers actually had tea once with Pierce Brosnan.

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2006, 12:00:14 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Sandra!

Boy after all the warm days today has been cool and windy! :(

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2006, 12:01:05 PM »

THE RIVALS and THE SCHOOL FOR SCANDAL.  I love them both, but the SCHOOL FOR SCANDAL is better, with a bit of heart.

I have seen both plays and I love School for Scandal...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2006, 12:02:17 PM »

Happy belated birthday to Nick Redman....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »

Congrats to DR GINNY....and go home early vibes for you!

Talk to DH RICHARD about maybe coming over to see DEATH BY CHOCOLATE in July at PCPH.  I am directing it, and I will let you know as it is cast and in rehearsal if you should CONSIDER making the trip!

I don't think DR CP is interested in coming up....but time will tell, I guess.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2006, 12:06:20 PM »

That is nice Ginny when questions are asked that lead to a nice segway to next topic.

Hmmm...I think you mean "segue".

(Charles Edward Pogway?)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2006, 12:07:04 PM »

Remember DR's RLP & GEORGE that I took my hat in hand and gave Ms. Peters grand and extensive kudos for SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE....I found her exquisite and perfect in the role(s).

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2006, 12:10:54 PM »

Congrats to DR GINNY....and go home early vibes for you!

Talk to DH RICHARD about maybe coming over to see DEATH BY CHOCOLATE in July at PCPH.  I am directing it, and I will let you know as it is cast and in rehearsal if you should CONSIDER making the trip!

I don't think DR CP is interested in coming up....but time will tell, I guess.

DR JRand - we'll definitely consider it upon your recommendation.  Also, the fall (?) production of To Kill a Mockingbird.

Turns out I won't get away from work until 3:30 - stuff to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2006, 12:19:18 PM »

T.O.D.

The first name that came to mind was Angela Lansbury and I would probably pick Joe Allen's to dine.  Apparently it would be a crowded lunch or dinner, because several other dear readers included her.  And we would speak of cabbages and kings.... of bedknobs and broomsticks........ of Potts and Lovetts.... and Fletchers and Iselins, too.

My second choice would be the WSMA, Brent Barrett, the dinner would be in my hotel suite, and the conversation would be nobody's business but ours.

“One thing’s universal,

Kerry

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2006, 12:19:57 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,  SANDRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cherry Coke and cheesecake soon.  OK?  Maybe even Oreo cake.

Potato Chips and frosting for all. ;D
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2006, 12:20:53 PM »

I'd have lunch with Maggie Smith.

Or Dolores Hart.
I like boat races.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2006, 12:25:13 PM »

A couple of others I forgot: Helen Mirren, Dame Judith Dench

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2006, 12:48:14 PM »

Remember DR's RLP & GEORGE that I took my hat in hand and gave Ms. Peters grand and extensive kudos for SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE....I found her exquisite and perfect in the role(s).

Yes, she was very good in that.  Perfectly rotten in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN and THE GOODBYE GIRL, however.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2006, 12:49:41 PM »

T.O.D.

My second choice would be the WSMA, Brent Barrett, the dinner would be in my hotel suite, and the conversation would be nobody's business but ours.

I would guess the conversation would be about whatever comes up, right?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up