Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CRAZY CHICKEN  (Read 21009 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE CRAZY CHICKEN
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2003, 07:15:53 PM »

Thanks for all the effort Michael. You have had a google feast of poisson.  Will a Frenchman's fish be a Disney poison?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 07:16:18 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2003, 07:48:28 PM »

LOL....everyone is so busy today and I am so lazy.

DRMG - I was being faceitious when I asked about the Memory Stick. LOL

YES Mr BK - the installation people should have those.  Even the guy in Indiana had one when he came to my house.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2003, 07:53:28 PM »

Yes, I think they sent me a dud Dish Man.  More of a Dish Rag if you ask me.  It's just annoying that I have to wait another week and hang around the house another Saturday when I could be galavanting about like a mad xebu.

td

• td
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2003, 08:10:19 PM »

I figured it out. td knew Samuel Byck.

And, you, dear Tom, obviously spent a great deal of time with Babe Williams or her committee. . .you DO have steam heat, don't you?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Tomovoz

« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2003, 08:21:11 PM »

It's wonderful what you can do with a pencil and a pad. (But it is not substitute for the real thing).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2003, 08:28:08 PM »

It's wonderful what you can do with a pencil and a pad. (But it is not substitute for the real thing).
You figured it out, eh, Tom? ? ?  What did they pay you for that? Seven-and-a-half cents?

Michael

« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2003, 08:28:46 PM »

A Satellite on the roof
Sounds Crazy, no?
But in our little town of Studio City
Everyone has a Satellite on the roof
Trying to get decent reception
Without craning one's neck

You may ask
Why do we want a Satellite when there's cable?
We want satellite because it has hi-def
And how to we get to watch all our programs?

That I can tell you in one word
RECEPTION!
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2003, 08:38:57 PM »

td: No! I just received the address of a dark secluded place. You only have to knock three times.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2003, 08:42:04 PM »

Well, our Time Warner cable has high definition, and one doesn't pay extra for it either, at least not yet. I couldn't have a dish. For my neighborhood, I needed a clear southern exposure, and in my old neighborhood, there are just too many huge old oak trees to get that. So, for me it's cable or nothing. (I do have a high definition digital receiver that I can bring in local high def channels which is good since the cable doesn't have the WB in high definition and my digital receiver picks it up with no problem.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2003, 08:42:33 PM »

So BK wants someone to fiddle on his roof. Clever Michael.
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2003, 08:45:45 PM »

Well, BK, you and I will have something in common next week. I'll be waiting around for the plumber to call to finish the job on my mother's house. He worked two days, got sick, then I left town. I hope it gets finished soon!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Michael

« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2003, 08:46:55 PM »

So BK wants someone to fiddle on his roof. Clever Michael.

Why thank you Tom for acknowledging my last posting. Unlike two certain other DR who have ignored it. [size=15] :'([/size]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 08:48:16 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2003, 08:51:50 PM »

Your Godlike humour is too far above some of those mere mortals Michael. Be careful though, smiting takes some practice.
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2003, 08:54:51 PM »

td: No! I just received the address of a dark secluded place. You only have to knock three times.

Are you asking me for a date? (or, a fig?)

I'll go along with you, and I promise to say that you and I were sent by Joe, if you'll strike a match. . .

Michael

« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2003, 08:57:28 PM »

Enjoy the rest of your evening/day folks. See you all tomorrow!!
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2003, 08:58:58 PM »

Poopsie ...................................Poopsie....... .............
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

td

• td
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2003, 09:00:15 PM »

Poopsie ...................................Poopsie....... .............

Hey, buddy, THIS AIN'T POOPSIE ! ! !

Jason

« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2003, 09:07:44 PM »

Hey, guys...greetings from my last evening in Kentucky. I'll be getting into New York sometime around 6:30 tomorrow night, so send your good vibes for a safe flight sometime around 4:30 EDT (that's when my flight leaves).

My favorite pasta dish: No question about it, fettucine alfredo with grilled chicken. I love it, love it, love it.

Now I'm watching the second of three episodes of TRADING SPACES on TLC. I must watch the redecorations!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2003, 09:11:04 PM »

Wow, I'm so sleepy.  I was just trying to watch a movie and kept dozing off, like an unkempt xanff.

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2003, 09:16:25 PM »

If this is a fig td I hope both our sakes it's more than just once a year day.
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2003, 09:35:12 PM »

If this is a fig td I hope both our sakes it's more than just once a year day.
Next, you're gonna tell me it's a MANdrake, but, I'm not at all in love.

Tomovoz

« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2003, 09:43:45 PM »

There once was man...
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2003, 09:57:54 PM »

There once was man...

who loved a woman, and I would trust her, I would trust her, by George; I swear I would trust her.

td

• td
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2003, 09:58:24 PM »

Oh, Tomovoz - check your mail.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2003, 10:02:30 PM »

Well I'm miffed.  (Oh, a Funny Girl reference.)  There is a theatre in L.A. devoted to silent film, and they had a program scheduled for tonight of various comedy shorts, with live musical accompaniment.  I called yesterday, and the recorded message said there'd be plenty of tickets, so I did not get a ticket on-line, figuring why pay the 4 dollar service charge.  So I get there tonight (and this theatre is a mighty schlep from where I live, Dear Readers) to discover a cancellation line.  The show had sold out.  As the scheduled start time neared, everyone in front of me on the cancellation line was able to get in.  Me?  No such luck.

:'(

You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Tomovoz

« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2003, 10:07:01 PM »

td: It worked! magical and Wicked. If you say Pajama and I say Pyjama should we call the whole thing off!
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2003, 10:14:25 PM »

A couple of hours ago, I got back from a shopping trip to Tacoma :) to spend most of my Christmas money :D (it wasn't difficult).  I went to Borders Books & Music and J.W. Pepper (seller of sheet music). ;D

At Borders I bought the original cast recordings of Fade Out-Fade In (Decca's first CD issue) and Zanna, Don't! with Jai Rodriguez from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", as well as the New Broadway cast recording of Little Shop of Horrors!  So far, I've listened to Little Shop and really like it!  Okay, it will take me awhile to get Ellen Greene's voice out of my head, but I thoroughly enjoy what Kerry Butler brings to the role.  Hunter Foster is very good, too.

At J.W. Pepper, I bought "The Ahrens & Flaherty Songbook," mainly because it has the music to "All Those Christmas Clichés" and I LOVE this song.  It has a couple of songs from A Man of No Importance (I almost bought that songbook, but decided I was already spending too much) as well as a lot of songs that I already (I have a lot of their show songbooks).  The song "I Was Here" is from a project (show?, movie?) called The Glorious Ones.  Has anyone heard of this?  I haven't.

The other songbooks that I bought were "The School House Rock! Songbook" (which has songs by Lynn Ahrens) and Jerry Herman's Miss Spectactular.

Well, now I'm going to put the CDs for the songbooks in my CD player and follow along with the music.  If I had access to my piano (it's currently buried under boxes at my sister's house in her extra bedroom), I'd play along with the recordings...well, I could play one hand at a time.  I haven't actually been able to play the piano in several years because it's been in storage. :( Hopefully within the next few months it will be unburied and accessible.  ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2003, 10:14:51 PM »

Good evening!

Sorry for being errant and truant all day.  I was running a little late this morning, and in my haste I had forgotten to log in to HHW... So when I hit "Post", I got an error message, so....  And then I checked for messages on my home phone in Richmond, and there was one from my stage manager saying our Guenevere was out, and that we would be running things at Noon.  Well, since it was already 12:15.... -She now knows to call my cell. ;)

The shows went very well.  Guenevere's  understudy did a wonderful job, and the female swing swung into place nicely.

I headed back to Nordstrom's between shows... And bought two more pairs of shoes.  I guess it's the "Imelda Gene" in my Filipino DNA.  Anna once again helped me, and I'm hoping that today's purchases will hold me over for a while.  -I got a nice pair of Rockports, and a really nice pair Ecco's.  I had never tried on a pair of Ecco's, but, WOW!  Sooo comfortable.  I even knew they were going to be nice as soon as I slipped them on my feet.  And they're dressy-casual too!  -I'm trying to branch out from my usual black New Balance sneakers.  Of course, both pairs were on sale too.

When I got back home after the show, there was a veritable feast waiting for me.  My parents had a holiday get-together for some of my relatives, and where there are relatives there is food!  Roast pork, smoked oysters, chicken cordon bleu appetizers, pancit (filipino noodle dish), chocolate chip bundt cake, rice pudding, etc...  -And I was being sooo good so far today... Ah, well.. It's the holidays, so...

Well, I'm tired - and my throat is feeling a little sore...  Hopefully, it's just a sign that I need some sleep.

OH - And as for pasta... Pumpkin ravioli in a sage-butter sauce and/or fettucine in bolognese.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2003, 10:18:07 PM »

Love the "Imelda Gene" comment Jose.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 10:21:26 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2003, 10:23:27 PM »

td: It worked! magical and Wicked. If you say Pajama and I say Pyjama should we call the whole thing off!

So, you liked it? You really liked it? ? ? ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up