Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: GETTING KEMPT  (Read 56310 times)

singdaw

Re:GETTING KEMPT
« Reply #360 on: April 12, 2007, 06:45:26 PM »

Well, personally, I never did have a problem.

Must.
Be.
Good.

:)

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #361 on: April 12, 2007, 06:50:55 PM »

The wind is starting to die down here..
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #362 on: April 12, 2007, 06:51:08 PM »

Must.
Be.
Good.

:)

You must be, you're married!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #363 on: April 12, 2007, 06:51:32 PM »

Thanks, DR elmore3003!  I wonder if that would still be available, anywhere?

By the way, have you heard Liz Callaway's "Be a Lion" from The Wiz on Broadway Unplugged II??  It's fierce!!!

I pick up used copies through Second Spin, Amazon, and eBay occasionally.  Kristopher's a good guy.

I have not heard the Callaway Lion track.  I would love to.

BK, I've been looking at your new avatar and reading everyone's complaints for the past hour.  Tell them to log off and log back on.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #364 on: April 12, 2007, 06:53:15 PM »

I pick up used copies through Second Spin, Amazon, and eBay occasionally.  Kristopher's a good guy.

I have not heard the Callaway Lion track.  I would love to.

BK, I've been looking at your new avatar and reading everyone's complaints for the past hour.  Tell them to log off and log back on.

How long ago was that album recorded, elmore?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Adriana Patti

« Reply #365 on: April 12, 2007, 06:58:52 PM »

I have cleared cookies, cache, logged in and out...no luck :(
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #366 on: April 12, 2007, 07:00:30 PM »

Couldn’t open the file. It may be corrupt or a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize.

Since when does preview not recognize jpg? lol
-Thomas Edison

François

« Reply #367 on: April 12, 2007, 07:01:44 PM »

Roy Disney Talks SONG OF THE SOUTH

By Rich Drees

April 8, 2007- A potential DVD release for the controversial 1946 Disney film Song Of The South got a voice of support last night from Roy E. Disney, nephew of Walt Disney.

Speaking at the 16th Annual Philadelphia Film Festival, where he was receiving the fest’s Inspiration Award, Disney stated that a home video release of the film is overdue.

“I’ve got a bunch of cohorts working with me to convince the powers that be that it’s the smart thing to do,” Disney told the crowd at Philadelphia’s Prince Music Theatre.

Disney’s remarks comes on the heels of a statement made by current Disney President and CEO Bob Iger at the company’s annual shareholder’s meeting last month in New York City where he stated that the company was reviewing the film for a possible release.

Song Of The South has never seen an unofficial home video release in the United States, despite the fact that it was one of Disney’s first films to employ live action actors. Its song “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” won an Academy Award for Best Original Song while star James Baskett was awarded an honorary Oscar for his work as the kindly Uncle Remus. The film has come under criticism for its alleged racist treatment of Southern plantation African-Americans, though many of these criticisms erroneously place the film’s setting pre-Civil War instead of its actual post-Civil War, Reconstruction era. Although Disney announced in a 1970 Variety article that they were “retiring” the movie, it did receive additional theatrical re-releases in 1972, 1981 and 1986. Currently, illegal bootlegs of a 1980s Japanese laserdisc release of the film converted to DVD currently in circulation remain the only way that people can see the film.

Disney’s father Roy O. Disney co-founded Disney Studios with his more famous brother Walt. Roy E. Disney worked at the studio for numerous years as an editor and producer and oversaw the studio’s resurgence in animated feature films in the 1980s through the release of such films as The Lion King and Aladdin.

“[Song Of The South] is a wonderful film that deserves to be back out in the public,” stated Disney. “All it needs is context. Some of that animation is stunning, even by today’s standards.”

from http://www.filmbuffonline.com/News/2007/April/RoyDisneySongOfTheSouth.htm

Cillaliz

« Reply #368 on: April 12, 2007, 07:02:04 PM »

Try hitting "Refresh"

Doesn't help....I know....maybe a bowl of ice cream will help.   It's worth a try, don't you think?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #369 on: April 12, 2007, 07:03:17 PM »

How long ago was that album recorded, elmore?

2000.  I love the Randy Newman song "Simon Smith and the Amazing Dancing Bear."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #370 on: April 12, 2007, 07:04:34 PM »

I enjoyed the Grey's Anatomy 3 season recap (sort of)   Seriously!

Cillaliz

« Reply #371 on: April 12, 2007, 07:05:25 PM »

I still want to watch the rest of the episodes but I've seen enough of them that it seems there's really only one story arc I totally missed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #372 on: April 12, 2007, 07:06:52 PM »

Well, unless someone can point me to George's post or talk me through it, I'm done.  I thought that this time I'd fixed it right, but if that's not it, I have no idea what else to do.

singdaw

« Reply #373 on: April 12, 2007, 07:07:01 PM »

Doesn't help....I know....maybe a bowl of ice cream will help.   It's worth a try, don't you think?

I love the way you think, DR Cillaliz!   :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #374 on: April 12, 2007, 07:08:50 PM »

Some can see it, some can't.  Someone who can't - try logging off completely, then coming back.  

singdaw

« Reply #375 on: April 12, 2007, 07:08:58 PM »

Roy Disney Talks SONG OF THE SOUTH

Thanks, François!  This is what I had referred to having read the other day, but you said no, and I figured surely you would know better than I.  I remain hopeful.

François

« Reply #376 on: April 12, 2007, 07:09:35 PM »

NOW... I can see the picture!

singdaw

« Reply #377 on: April 12, 2007, 07:09:42 PM »

bk, it worked!!!!  I CAN SEE YOU NOW.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #378 on: April 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM »

The new avatar shows up in my profile so we know it's there - I understand that before it wasn't working because it kept reverting to 'no photo' but once I fixed that, it now shows up fine.  It's a mystery.

singdaw

« Reply #379 on: April 12, 2007, 07:10:15 PM »

And, I might add, a mighty fine punim it is, too.

singdaw

« Reply #380 on: April 12, 2007, 07:11:36 PM »

Maybe the title of tomorrow's column will be...

THE BLONDE BOMBSHELL

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #381 on: April 12, 2007, 07:13:31 PM »

I see you now, BK -- and speaking of which, I better get my tail on the 101 if I want to get over into the vicinity of Madilyn Clark Studios soon...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #382 on: April 12, 2007, 07:13:59 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to our dress rehearsal, which will not really be a dress rehearsal since Merissa's dress isn't ready yet.  It will be a pants rehearsal.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #383 on: April 12, 2007, 07:14:43 PM »

Wind is being sporadic.  But still ridiculous.  I missed the signing - it was just too tight for me to stop there and then go to rehearsal.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #384 on: April 12, 2007, 07:15:10 PM »

Thank goodness somebody sees me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #385 on: April 12, 2007, 07:16:11 PM »

I SEE IT NOW!!!!

François

« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2007, 07:18:38 PM »

Thanks, François!  This is what I had referred to having read the other day, but you said no, and I figured surely you would know better than I.  I remain hopeful.

Well, when you posted about that, the great Oz, err... the great Roy had not spoken yet and this is what Bob Iger had said at the share holders meeeting in New Orleans (The New York City mention in the article has to be a typo!)

"The question of 'Song of the South' comes up periodically, in fact it was raised at last year's annual meeting ..." Iger said. "And since that time, we've decided to take a look at it again because we've had numerous requests about bringing it out. Our concern was that a film that was made so many decades ago being brought out today perhaps could be either misinterpreted or that it would be somewhat challenging in terms of providing the appropriate context."

So we might get our Laughing Place soon after all! :D

François

« Reply #387 on: April 12, 2007, 07:19:15 PM »

Thank goodness somebody sees me.

I Can See It.....

singdaw

« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2007, 07:19:23 PM »

Papa, Can You See Me?

Speaking of Babs, Steven Brinberg's Simply Babs duets album arrived today.  Can't wait to give it a spin.

Cillaliz

« Reply #389 on: April 12, 2007, 07:20:22 PM »

Nice avatar, BK.  I didn't need the ice cream to see it, so now I shall celebrate being able to see it with a bowl of ice cream. It works either way
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up