Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME  (Read 48247 times)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
Re:THE LITTLE OLD WINEMAKER, ME
« Reply #330 on: September 29, 2007, 08:13:07 PM »

(I'm just coughing my head off... been coughing for two weeks. Can't shake it. Whaddaya do??)
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #331 on: September 29, 2007, 08:13:26 PM »

Coughing IS rather like a dance...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #332 on: September 29, 2007, 08:13:43 PM »

a page 12 dance...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #333 on: September 29, 2007, 08:14:31 PM »

And here's DR DRLaura! Hiya, kiddo.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #334 on: September 29, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »

(Talkin' to mahseff, agin... sheesh... and this is "aging gracefully?")
PennyO

Julie

« Reply #335 on: September 29, 2007, 08:25:15 PM »

Hi all!

Well, the first two performances of Starfighter were  . . . simply wonderful.  We had full houses at both shows, and they seemed to really be enjoying the show and with the story the whole time, and gave very loud cheers at the curtain call.   Of course, Skips score and FJLs book are the real stars of the show!
And so nice to see some DRs there!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #336 on: September 29, 2007, 08:28:09 PM »

Hi PennyO! And Julie, Noel, FJL, and DakotaCelt.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #337 on: September 29, 2007, 08:34:24 PM »

Good evening from Grand Forks

Great to see the pictures of last night's festivities... Glad to hear taht the Brain has been a rousing success!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #338 on: September 29, 2007, 08:36:33 PM »

It is seldom possible that someone is going to change just because I want him to.  If I cannot convince him that he is wrong, then perhaps it is I who should change...or accept him as he is.

And you live alone- what a waste of great "'tude" :)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #339 on: September 29, 2007, 08:39:53 PM »

Mission accomplished, O wise and knowing Brain who uses such words as "pithy."

He got that from watching "The Factor" on FOX 8)

der Brucer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #340 on: September 29, 2007, 08:42:52 PM »

CHARLIE CHAN VOLUME 3 SPOILERS:

[size=10]1.  One of the talking heads in one of the docu-ettes pontificates on how "endurable" the character is.

2.  Charlie solves all the murders.[/size]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 08:49:01 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2007, 08:43:26 PM »

Oops.   ;D

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #342 on: September 29, 2007, 08:51:41 PM »

And you live alone- what a waste of great "'tude" :)

der Brucer

It's easy to be flexible when one doesn't have to walk on egg shells.

I'm unapologetic about my independence.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #343 on: September 29, 2007, 08:51:54 PM »

Dakota, how wonderful your father is still joking.  

Good luck with your computer.  I’m impressed you can understand last nights conversation with DS Rob, through DR Laura.

He is now in hospice and still working anywere from 20 to 35 hours a week. He is being 'tapped' daily but seems to be good mentally. Rather amazing!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #344 on: September 29, 2007, 08:52:54 PM »

Thank you Jane...

It is sometimes difficult to explain the situation to a person who is not sitting in front of your machine and actually viewing the problem.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #345 on: September 29, 2007, 08:53:09 PM »

Brooklyn Diner.

My problem with FUNNY FACE is the AGE difference between Fred and Audrey....he AIN'T that charming!

Bothered me a lot with Astaire and Caron as well in DADDY LONG LEGS.

Well....when you find yourself wooing a 20-year-old, let us know if you still feel that way!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #346 on: September 29, 2007, 08:53:27 PM »

JANE,
I promised I'd tell you about MISS KAREN'S BIG SURPRISE--so here it is.

Some of you may recall that I told Miss Karen some time back that I had a big surprise for her. I'd planned to tell her a certain piece of information when we met in person, whenever that happened. Then, about a month ago, Miss K, based on some of my posts, mentioned that she felt that she and I are soul sisters. I, too, had noticed that we share some views and couldn't deny the soul sisters bit. At that point I could no longer keep my information a secret; I HAD to tell her. And it is...I'm a Murphy. I was born Jean Murphy. Not only that, but my dad was from Texas, the home state of Miss K and her DH. I have relatives on my dad's side I've never met, don't even know their names. So Miss K and I did some checking of our respective family trees (well, DH's and mine). We haven't found any links, but, I tell you, I find it rather UNCANNY.

So there it is. Make of it what you will. JRAND says there are no coincidences.

Amazing!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #347 on: September 29, 2007, 08:54:18 PM »

;D  I didn't even know there was to be a new Star Trek movie.

Nor did I....

I had been hearing rumours fora  while but I just continued to write it off as just that.

JMK

« Reply #348 on: September 29, 2007, 08:54:22 PM »

Paging Larry Craig department:  my bossa nova quartet is playing a really lovely place in downtown Portland called the Living Room Theaters.  The front part of the place is a beautiful bar/restaurant, and then they have 6 boutique theaters in the back that seat about 30-40 people each and play "art house" fare.  Well, anyway, they have these really interesting rest rooms (I know, time to get a life), with gorgeous "sinks" (though they're not really sinks) made of slanted granite slabs with spouts above them.  The water then just kind of spews out onto the slab and gravity pulls it back to a hidden drain.  It's really cool looking.  But the most interesting thing (that I know of, anyway  :o) is above the "sinks" they have a wall of mirrors, but "hidden" between the mirrors are strips of smoked glass where you can see through to the women's room, above their sinks.  I hadn't noticed this at all until one of my bandmates pointed it out.  And then, sure enough, I was in there washing my hands and saw a woman on the other side.  She had her head down and then looked up, saw me, did a double take and let out the loudest scream you've ever heard.  It was hilarious.  The even funnier thing is almost the exact same thing happened the next time I was in there, only this time the woman was so freaked out she sprayed water all over her side of the mirror.  Priceless.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 08:55:37 PM by JMK »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #349 on: September 29, 2007, 08:56:19 PM »

Vibes to Danise...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #350 on: September 29, 2007, 08:57:02 PM »

I wrote MattH an e-mail he never responded to, so that sort of irks me.  I found his behavior strange - I didn't think there was any tone in either Jane or Dakota Celt's posts and I think their point was obvious.  I would say that the easy solution is to skip MattH's posts that are about TV shows and films where it's obviousl he'll be discussing those shows and films.  

If he needs a nice, long break, we'll survive and so will he.  If and when he comes back, that will be fine, too.  So, we've all said our piece so let's now have peace and put this issue to bed.

Posting a critical comment about a private correspondence isn't likely to woo him back or make him feel welcome.  It seems more like "public chastisement" that I'm sure no one on this forum would appreciate receiving from you.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #351 on: September 29, 2007, 08:58:33 PM »

Fun pics Der Brucer!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2007, 08:58:54 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I'm "#!" - ???

Sharp, Jose!  You are "sharp".  You "B" sharp!

It was NOT a snark.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #353 on: September 29, 2007, 09:00:27 PM »

Beautiful picture Laura!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #354 on: September 29, 2007, 09:02:42 PM »

3D-I couldn't resist laughing.  

I do wish Matt would return.

His whole issue, if I understand it correctly, is the idea of being "publicly" chastised (whether that was the intent or not).

Now that BK has taken him to task on the forum over a "private" matter, I doubt Matt will ever return.

Understanding of "both" sides is very important in mediation.  Being irked or saying someone is exhibiting "strange behavior" is basically saying "good riddance", IMO.  Who the hell would want to post here any more after that?

In fact, I'm pretty much fed up with this myself.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 09:04:49 PM by Ron Pulliam »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #355 on: September 29, 2007, 09:02:56 PM »

Well, anyway, they have these really interesting rest rooms (I know, time to get a life), with gorgeous "sinks" (though they're not really sinks) made of slanted granite slabs with spouts above them.  The water then just kind of spews out onto the slab and gravity pulls it back to a hidden drain.  It's really cool looking.  But the most interesting thing (that I know of, anyway  :o) is above the "sinks" they have a wall of mirrors, but "hidden" between the mirrors are strips of smoked glass where you can see through to the women's room, above their sinks.  I hadn't noticed this at all until one of my bandmates pointed it out.  And then, sure enough, I was in there washing my hands and saw a woman on the other side.  She had her head down and then looked up, saw me, did a double take and let out the loudest scream you've ever heard.  It was hilarious.  The even funnier thing is almost the exact same thing happened the next time I was in there, only this time the woman was so freaked out she sprayed water all over her side of the mirror.  Priceless.

So - this is what you do when you aren't posting Charlie Chan spoliers :D

der Brucers

MBarnum

« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2007, 09:11:28 PM »

I know what you mean.  I watch FUNNY FACE for Audrey.  I sort of ignore the age difference cuz I figure they have to use young actresses for these roles & he was the big star for the other half.  

Who do you think could have played Astaire's roles instead?

I would have used Gene Kelly.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #357 on: September 29, 2007, 09:15:55 PM »

TOD:

Mama mia that is a one ahhh spicey mieatball

MBarnum

« Reply #358 on: September 29, 2007, 09:16:14 PM »

...and I'd have cast him, also.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #359 on: September 29, 2007, 09:17:30 PM »

Girls wear short shorts...

(ad for Nair hair removal)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17   Go Up