Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MEET CUTE  (Read 29727 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MEET CUTE
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2005, 10:16:01 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

Zaftig - people I've spoken to seem to think I'm using the word incorrectly, that it implies that the person one is calling zaftig is plump.  I've always used it to mean someone who has a nice full set of boobs - someone with the kind of chest that your eyes go immediately to that area.  I've always thought "rubenesque" meant big chest and plump.  Buxom I've always thought big chest but not plump, but plump seems to show up in variations of all three definitions.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2005, 10:18:24 AM »

I know this hasn't come up here...but is anyone watching "Survivor: Guatemala"?

Just wonderin'.  I'm enjoying it, but I'm not "passionate" about it.

Which sorta makes me think others may be doing the same thing, but aren't inclined to discuss it much.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2005, 10:19:59 AM »

And are there any "Smallville" fans among us?

I'm an avid "Smallville" watcher.

(By the way:  "Stargate: SG-1" and "Stargate:Atlantis" have been renewed for another season.  For the former show, it will be a record-tying 10th season, matching "X-Files" for longevity among sci-fi series).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2005, 10:21:27 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

Zaftig - people I've spoken to seem to think I'm using the word incorrectly, that it implies that the person one is calling zaftig is plump.  I've always used it to mean someone who has a nice full set of boobs - someone with the kind of chest that your eyes go immediately to that area.  I've always thought "rubenesque" meant big chest and plump.  Buxom I've always thought big chest but not plump, but plump seems to show up in variations of all three definitions.

In that case, there's a fellow I saw at the V.A. Clinic yesterday who is most definitely zaftig.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2005, 10:26:47 AM »

Once upon a time, in Castle Elsinore, Denmark, lived King Hamlet with his Queen, Gertrude, quite a ducky lady.  These royals had two children, the youthful Prince Hamlet (don't call him 'Junior') and his tottling toddler sibling, GIMLET.  Gimlet was very fond of lime juice, while Hamlet preferred an omelet more than anything in the world. . .

That reminded me of this adaptation of Hamlet. It was written in response to the complaints of parents that first grade reading was not rigorous enough... http://imet.csus.edu/imet4/Gonzo/Hamlet/funwithhamlet.htm
There is no music without silence, only noise...

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2005, 10:27:43 AM »

JR, if I said it wasn't from TIYL then I was mistaken.  It was Ralph Edwards' "archivist" (his term--and of course I LOL'd) who contacted me.  They want me to donate everything I have from TIYL to their archive.  I think not.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2005, 10:27:43 AM »

Zaftig, eh? I saw a roadshow A CHORUS LINE night before last - proves it's still a good show , no matter who does it... zaftig dancers, roadshow performances, a lotta enthusiasm - Huzzah! But I sat there thinking: and i gave up dancing because I thought MY thighs were too thick... oy, the self-image monster! (Just btw, the theater was PACKED - so hungry are these folks fa kulchah, out here in the middle of the ocean...)

Speaking of which - I'm beginning a Shakespeare readings series at the local theater book store, a play a month is the goal, but in Hawaiian time, it'll be once a quarter. So many wonderful roles I'm finally old enough to do!

Ah, what a lovely morning here on Haleakala!
PennyO

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2005, 10:28:30 AM »

TOD: DVD-Old Yeller, Computer-Musical Playlist on Shuffle

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2005, 10:28:47 AM »

I know this hasn't come up here...but is anyone watching "Survivor: Guatemala"?

Just wonderin'.  I'm enjoying it, but I'm not "passionate" about it.

Which sorta makes me think others may be doing the same thing, but aren't inclined to discuss it much.

I'm watching!  Go Steph!

Last night's episode was interesting I guess. They were trying to make us believe that Bobby Jon was getting voted off.  I always think to myself (when they are trying to trick us), how it would benefit the team to do what they are wanting me to believe. It just didn't make sense last night.

I will be interested to see (now that they've merged) if they stick in the groups they are in now. Especially for people like steph/jamie/judd. Will they include people like Gary? Will steph bond with bobby jon?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2005, 10:29:07 AM »

Zaftig officially means plump, but it has colloquially morphed into BK's usage.  Most people I know who use the term use it in BK's way.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2005, 10:29:55 AM »

I think we'll start with Giblet, then Omelette, then when we have our sea legs under us, try the intoxicating Gimlet.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2005, 10:32:09 AM »

well, technically, ZAFTIG means "soft", which morphed into "ergo, plump".A lot of  Yiddish is from medieval German - this word is of that parentage. In German, zaftig still means "soft".
PennyO

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2005, 10:34:58 AM »

PAGE 4 DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2005, 10:36:54 AM »

There are about seven jews on this island... and they have, apparently, NO Yiddish, but WAYYY to much Hebrew, IMHO. The theater folk of all colors, mostly brown, DO have smatterings of Yiddish. There is a Los Angeles (technically Pasadena) Jew coming over to Maui this weekendv - one hopes for a little mamaloshen (that's "mother-tongue" for all the civilians among ye.)
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2005, 10:38:37 AM »

AOL is on and off this morning - just stops working and one must force quit repeatedly.  Adelphia is mostly working, but has been spotty on and off for a few days.  If it's not one it's the other.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2005, 10:40:45 AM »

Been here a month, and already have harvested some tomoatoes. The lettuce is very slow, but parsley and cilantro and basil have graced my salads for over a week now. The birds are getting REAL friendly (my goyish friend Bill, who was raised 7th Day Adventist before he escaped into the New Age, calls them "Rice Christians")
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2005, 10:42:02 AM »

Condolences, Bruce, on your technical difficulties. i am very tech-challenged, and therefore, at the mercy of the machines...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2005, 10:42:40 AM »

Boy, just give me two cups of coffee, and I get so verbose...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2005, 10:43:03 AM »

Blahblahblah... I can't help it...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2005, 10:44:13 AM »

Joey, I LOVE the Page 4 dance!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2005, 10:45:11 AM »

Is that the infamous Michael?? Wow, can he move...
PennyO

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2005, 10:50:36 AM »

Zaftig, eh? I saw a roadshow A CHORUS LINE night before last - proves it's still a good show , no matter who does it... zaftig dancers, roadshow performances, a lotta enthusiasm - Huzzah! But I sat there thinking: and i gave up dancing because I thought MY thighs were too thick... oy, the self-image monster! (Just btw, the theater was PACKED - so hungry are these folks fa kulchah, out here in the middle of the ocean...)

Speaking of which - I'm beginning a Shakespeare readings series at the local theater book store, a play a month is the goal, but in Hawaiian time, it'll be once a quarter. So many wonderful roles I'm finally old enough to do!

Ah, what a lovely morning here on Haleakala!

Hey, DR PennyO!  Or should I say, ALOHA!!

Was the production A Chorus Line you saw the other night directed/choreographed by Mitzie Hamilton and MD'ed by Fran Liebergall?  I knew they were going out there for a production of the show, I just didn't realize it was a tour around Hawai'i.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2005, 10:50:43 AM »

I'm watching!  Go Steph!

Last night's episode was interesting I guess. They were trying to make us believe that Bobby Jon was getting voted off.  I always think to myself (when they are trying to trick us), how it would benefit the team to do what they are wanting me to believe. It just didn't make sense last night.

I will be interested to see (now that they've merged) if they stick in the groups they are in now. Especially for people like steph/jamie/judd. Will they include people like Gary? Will steph bond with bobby jon?

Steph might...but Bobby Jon has been beaten once by Steph...and he probably realizes she's in better position this go-round.  It would be in HIS interests for her to go.

It's Gary who puzzles me...he has turned against Brian and Amy...both of whom would have protected him.  He's a HUGE target and he'd better get a clue soon.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2005, 10:51:39 AM »

DR Ginny - Yes, I did check my e-mail.  Thank you.  Did you check yours?
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2005, 10:52:14 AM »

Let us know when you get around to King Lear.

;D

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2005, 11:04:36 AM »

Steph might...but Bobby Jon has been beaten once by Steph...and he probably realizes she's in better position this go-round.  It would be in HIS interests for her to go.

It's Gary who puzzles me...he has turned against Brian and Amy...both of whom would have protected him.  He's a HUGE target and he'd better get a clue soon.

I would think that Steph and Bobby jon would perhaps bond. He hasn't really been beaten by her. She never voted him out. She simply made her fire a bit quicker. I think they spent a lot of time together,and probably trust each other.

I think Gary just wanted to keep the strongest people, sort of like what steph did. Just because lydia was on her original team, doesn't mean she would form an alliance with her since she is weak. Steph was smart and aligned herself with 2 very strong people (jamie/judd).

I'm not sure if danni/bobby jon/brandon/gary will stick together. Will cyndi rejoin danni?  Or will cyndi/steph/jamie/judd/lydia and ralf (?) stick together and pick the others off one by one?

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2005, 11:13:36 AM »

I'm hungry.

That's about all I have to say today.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2005, 11:16:45 AM »

DR Jennifer:  Re: "Survivor"

I think Lydia is as good as gone.

She is constantly "sitting out" competitions.

By the way, last night they did a bit on festering sores on Brandon's shoulders and on Amy's face.  Later in the show, those sores were less noticeable, which led me to believe they received some sort of medical attention.

I think it's certain, as those sores would most definitely become infected...and probably were allowed to fester far too long before being treated.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 11:17:34 AM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2005, 11:17:31 AM »

DR Joey - Fun Hamlet, Jr. link!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2005, 11:18:44 AM »

I am explicitly not watching Survivor.  I am not watching Smallville, either (though I wish I had watched the Aquaman episode.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up