Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MEET CUTE  (Read 29725 times)

td

• td
Re:MEET CUTE
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2005, 03:43:06 PM »

I rented both of these from Netflix.  I got them because a woman that I work with is in a couple of Michael Haboush's movies.  
I've rented several of his other movies, but really only because some were filmed in Olympia.  Okay, there is some (young...but legal) eye candy, but the movies are NOT worth watching all the way through just for that. ;)

I concur.
Still it is nice to see some POSITIVE, if only independent, film portrayals. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jennifer

« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2005, 03:45:17 PM »

Where do I get garlic stuffed olives?  I've never heard of these, and I love olives!  (are they green or black?).

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2005, 03:45:58 PM »

Let the harpist mark the changes; I always end up giving them too much info and they liquid paper it out as they work on the part.

Thanks DR Elmore (and DR Jose!) for the advice.

Jennifer

« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2005, 03:46:10 PM »

re: costumes, I'm sure there must be many that can be made at home.  Do you need easy or just cheap?  

Jennifer

« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2005, 03:48:38 PM »

Re: SMALLVILLE.

I sort of watch it. But I must say it's my least favorite show that I watch on the WB (Gilmore Girls, Charmed, 7th Heaven, Everwood). I guess they are more girly shows!

I just find that there are certain episodes of SMALLVILLE that really do not interest me.  Although I always enjoy the scenes with Chloe/Clark.  And I'm happy that he knows she knows about his powers.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2005, 03:58:18 PM »

I think I will watch THE APPLE now.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2005, 04:07:41 PM »

Man alive, I just took a 3 hour nap!

MBarnum

« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2005, 04:09:15 PM »

And I still do not have a window in my car...Speedy Glass forgot to contact me when the window arrived this week (I finally called them earlier today to check on the progress)...so now they will install it on Monday....I sure hope!

MBarnum

« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2005, 04:11:05 PM »

Media Check:

VCR: Zombies on Broadway

DVD: Episodes of THE LORETTA YOUNG SHOW

CD: Soundtrack to the Bollywood film 12 B.

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2005, 04:12:28 PM »

re: costumes, I'm sure there must be many that can be made at home.  Do you need easy or just cheap?  

Well, we went to a local costume show. I decided to be Alice in Wonderland and got the costume there. Paul is going to create a costume from one of the other characters. He won't tell me which one until tomorrow night but he thinks it will be fun and easy for him to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2005, 04:13:43 PM »

The party we're going to is at the Orpheum. The first couple hours are silent auction, then music until 11:00 then Night of the Living Dead on the big screen.  It should be fun

MBarnum

« Reply #221 on: October 28, 2005, 04:48:42 PM »

Sounds like fun Cillaliz! Don't forget to take photos! We must see you as Alice!! And oh, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD....such a scary movie!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2005, 04:49:09 PM »

Well, then, exactly what word would you use to describe someone who had a nice set of boobs and was sexy and made your eyes bug out?

Stacked??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2005, 04:57:53 PM »

My Bollywood movie for the weekend is:

BHAKTHA PRAHALDA (1967).

My favorite genre of Bollywood films are the mythological stories and this is a fine example. In fact I counted no less then 18 film versions of this movie having been made in India since 1926! So it must be a popular story! LOL!

Lord Vishnu punishes two of his devotees by causing them to be reborn into vile lives 3 times, afterwards they will be forgiven for insulting the 3 sages who had visited heaven...or something like that! LOL!

Lots of color...lots of cheesy special effects...some fun song and dance numbers...lots of fun!!

MBarnum

« Reply #224 on: October 28, 2005, 04:59:51 PM »

JRand55, I believe I sent you the Hindi version (my version is in Telugu) of this film...have you watched it yet? If so I would enjoy hearing your review.

George

« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2005, 05:00:51 PM »

Still it is nice to see some POSITIVE, if only independent, film portrayals. . . .

You obviously haven't seen "A Slice of Terror."  That movie doesn't show a positive portrayal of anyone.  The lead (played by Michael) is a "developmentally delayed/disabled/whatever" person who is taunted by some boys.  He brainwashes his counselor to hypnotize the boys to do what he wants.  He makes them have sex with each other as a punishment (punishment?? :o) and then kill each other...all while they're still hypnotized!  He keeps saying in the voiceover they they'll be "humiliated," but they never are!  They do what he makes them do without question (in the privacy of a house) and they die without anyone else ever knowing or seeing what happened and embarrassing them.  They're never humiliated at all.  It's just plain dumb.  I will admit that it's very nice to watch with the sound off ;), but it's not a well thought-out plot device.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2005, 05:12:22 PM »

Is there a musical version of that DR George?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2005, 05:23:15 PM »

Apologies to everyone who took me "literally" yesterday about having sighted my twin.

I was actually parodying JRand55's comments to JoseSPiano about his having seen Jose's twin...younger, of course; slighter in build, and one other difference...but insisting, of course, that he saw Jose.

I attempted to paint a picture of "my twin" who looked nothing like me physically, but in whom I saw myself.

Another lost opportunity at humor....

:)

I laughed!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2005, 05:28:41 PM »

Agree with Detective Story (basically what I wrote about the film several weeks ago), but not about Darling Lili, either transfer or content (as I also wrote several weeks ago) - I find Lili a complete mess at any length because it simply doesn't know what kind of film it wants to be, and therefore it ends up being five films.  It has its moments, but you don't care one whit about one of these characters (I mean, the leading lady is a German SPY) .  What it has going for it is Julie singing, and its production design, photography, and Blake's wonderful direction.  The transfer is very sharp, but the color, while vibrant for some colors, is completely off for the flesh tones, which look anemic and brown and don't resemble at all what flesh tones look like on film.  Any perusal of a properly-timed transfer will tell you the story.

George

« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2005, 05:32:06 PM »

Is there a musical version of that DR George?

Fortunately, no. ;)

I am now off to usher (concessions, actually) for a performance by Kate Clinton, here in Olympia!  She performed here last year (I think) and was fabulous.  It shouldn't be a long evening.  Her show starts at 7:30 and will probably be done by 9:00 and most likely won't have an intermission.  What comic does?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2005, 05:45:30 PM »

When I see someone walking down the street that makes my eyes pop-out, I usually say they are "long in the loincloth".  But that may just be me.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

td

• td
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2005, 06:27:55 PM »

When I see someone walking down the street that makes my eyes pop-out, I usually say they are "long in the loincloth".  But that may just be me.

I always say, "nice butt-flap."   ;)

As for A SLICE OF TERROR, yes, I have seen it.  It certainly confounded me, until I realized that it was all a bad dream from which that character wouldn't awaken from. . .see, in films, EVERYTHING goes back to THE WIZARD OF OZ. . .

Anyway, I'd rather see Haboush acting than directing or writing. . .

Tomovoz

« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2005, 06:35:40 PM »

There's a dream in "The Wizard Of OZ"?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2005, 06:36:59 PM »

There's a dream in "The Wizard Of OZ"?
Yes, and her name is JUDY GARLAND.   ;D

td

• td
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2005, 06:38:45 PM »

HELLO, DR MACCHUS!  I'm td.  Nice to meet you.   :D

td

• td
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2005, 06:39:26 PM »

Ou est Francois cet soir?  (cette soire?)   ::)

td

• td
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2005, 06:40:03 PM »

[size=80]F R E N Z Y ![/size]

Tomovoz

« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2005, 06:41:46 PM »

Ou est Francois cet soir?  (cette soire?)   ::)
In Paris - but lurking!
James Thurber 1957

macchus

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: October 28, 2005, 06:49:30 PM »

Greetings.  At first I thought DR Macchus meant someone thought I was a doctor.  But it's Dear Reader, isn't it.
I'm starting to get the hang of it.

td

• td
« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2005, 06:50:48 PM »

In Paris - but lurking!

:-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up