Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HARMONY IN THE UNIVERSE  (Read 28877 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:HARMONY IN THE UNIVERSE
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2007, 01:54:48 PM »

Is anyone planning on watching the SHREK Christmas special tonight. I guess I'll record it. It's only a half hour. (The Grinch follows it.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2007, 01:57:48 PM »

Page Eight Professor Lupin Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2007, 01:58:07 PM »

Heading down now.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2007, 01:58:20 PM »

Soon I'll have to go upstairs to the Auditorium to set up for tonight's Grantseeking Basics class.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2007, 02:09:46 PM »

I bought my Christmas gift to myself, too. New table fashions.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2007, 02:12:50 PM »

Photos, DR Laura?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2007, 02:16:25 PM »

I will be reviewing Naked Boys Singing (well, the DVD, anyway) later this week.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Kerry

« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2007, 02:19:42 PM »

It's a beautiful day with t-shirt weather.
Well, long-sleeved T-shirt anyway! :D
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2007, 02:26:57 PM »

I found this press release over at DoctorWhoNews -

JANUARY IS TORCHWOOD MONTH WITH THE RETURN OF BBC AMERICA'S HIT SCI-FI SHOW AND DVD RELEASE

BBC AMERICA's all-time highest rated show, Torchwood, is back with a U.S. premiere second season, beginning January 26, 9:00pm ET/PT. Created by Russell T Davies, lead writer on the current Doctor Who series, Torchwood (13 x 60) is a BBC Production, distributed by BBC Worldwide.

With guest stars including James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Smallville), Alan Dale (Ugly Betty, The OC) and Doctor Who's Freema Agyeman, the show will air close to its UK premiere.

Richard De Croce, VP Programming, BBC AMERICA says: Torchwood has legions of loyal fans in the U.S. and we wanted to bring them the next season as soon as possible.

And fresh from its critically acclaimed airing on BBC AMERICA in September, Torchwood: The Complete First Season goes on sale January 22. The 7-disc DVD set includes over 6 hours of bonus features including outtakes and cast interviews.

Torchwood is an action-packed, adrenalin-fuelled sci-fi series following the adventures of a team of investigators, lead by Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman), who use alien technology to solve crime. With fearsome new aliens and compelling storylines the second season takes the close-knit Torchwood team through dare-devil action, temptation, heartache and a life changing event for one of the team.

Hollywood Reporter called it "...a crackling good, brilliantly conceived sci-fi series that targets actual grown-ups" while the Philadelphia Inquirer said it was "...super-slick, raw, bizarre, hilarious, spooky, scary and sublimely sexy."

BBC AMERICA brings audiences a new generation of award-winning television featuring razor-sharp comedies, provocative dramas, life-changing makeovers and news with a uniquely global perspective. BBC AMERICA pushes the boundaries to deliver high quality, highly addictive and eminently watchable programming to viewers who demand more. BBC AMERICA is distributed by Discovery Networks. It is available on digital cable and satellite TV. For more information about BBC AMERICA visit www.bbcamerica.com.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2007, 02:27:38 PM »

Photos, DR Laura?

Not til Christmas!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2007, 02:29:17 PM »

-Hopefully that didn't put us into full Cinemascope.

It didn't for me.  And even if it did...who cares?? :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

td

• td
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2007, 02:32:19 PM »

I was going to ask if there was such a thing as TOO big, but I knew there would be a slew of HHWers who couldn't resist commenting.

8)

Isn't there an emoticom for "raises hand?"  :-\
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2007, 02:33:46 PM »

Well, my email server must have put in spam filters or something, because I am not able to mass email the church newsletters. I hope I don't have to email them one at a time. Although, I suppose I can really rack up some on-the-clock time, huh?

td

• td
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2007, 02:34:28 PM »

Isn't there and emoticom for "raisies hand?"  :-\

td

• td
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2007, 02:35:07 PM »

I'm sure you'll let us know if it deserves a standing ovation.   :o

George

« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2007, 02:42:57 PM »

Is anyone planning on watching the SHREK Christmas special tonight. I guess I'll record it. It's only a half hour. (The Grinch follows it.)

I completely forgot about it.  I'm not going to record it, though.  I have too many other TV shows to record and watch.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:43:49 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2007, 02:43:26 PM »

Belated Ask BK (actually ask David W.):  BK, there's some discussion over at A&M-land about who played on the Bell BMB LP.  Could you ask David for personnel sometime--there's nothing listed on the jacket.  Also, the guess is that the regular BMB-ers had actually left by the time of the last A&M album, As Time Goes By--could David confirm?  I shilled BFPX there for ya.  :)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:43:42 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Danise

« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2007, 02:49:16 PM »

Evening all!

My meds really knocked me out last night.  I fell sound asleep in my recliner.  I'm not supost to do that but how do you stop yourself?

I woke up in time to see the end of DWS.

SPOILER

I was a bit disapointed.  I wanted M & M to win.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:50:16 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2007, 02:49:44 PM »

DOCTOR WHO/TORCHWOOD SPOILERS

In addition to Billie Piper returning to Doctor Who for three episodes in series four, John Barrowman has also dropped a hint that Captain Jack will be there, as well.  Given that Catherine Tate (as former runaway bride Donna Noble) will be on hand for the entire season, plus Freema Agyeman (as Martha Jones) will be returning mid-series (after appearing as Jones for three episodes on Torchwood), it would appear that David Tennant (The Doctor) will have quite a surplus of romantic possibilities on board the Tardis.

All we need now is for Noel Clarke and Elisabeth Slaydon to show up.  (Peter Davison has already appeared in the short Time Crash with Tennant as part of this years Children In Need telethon.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Danise

« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2007, 02:53:41 PM »

I spent most to today sorting through old paperwork and scanning things I thought were important.

I found 2 copies of my Mom's birth certificate.  There were 2 different birthdays listed.  One was the one we always used, November 10th and the other was a few days before that.

I have no idea which one is correct and I guess it doesn't matter.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2007, 02:59:00 PM »

See the little face box under the posts?  That is where you click to be lead to the personal information.  Then you can check out as many past posts as you like.  Supposedly, I can only go as high as 500 posts.  If I click on ALL, it doesn't work.  I suppose it takes too long and I run out of time. ???

I just assumed that the "ALL" option was set up to not work...it's never worked for me and I have cable Internet.  But otherwise, I use this feature all the time.

Danise

« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2007, 03:08:34 PM »

Well, I have piles more to go through and to scan so I best get to it!

I'll try to check back later.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2007, 03:15:30 PM »

Having finished watching WITH A SONG IN MY HEART last night, I have a question for BK and all the DRS:

What are your favorite film biographies, whether they be true to life or not?

Amadeus
Heart Like a Wheel (parts of it were filmed in Olympia)
Shakespeare in Love
Yankee Doodle Dandy

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2007, 03:16:30 PM »

I hope the DVD is better than the stage show.  It was one of the weirdest evenings in the theatre I've ever encountered.

My sister-in-law Jo is the luckiest lady alive.  She's won in drawings and lotteries over the years a jeep, $100 here and $100 there, and last night she won $1200. She told me if she'dactually been at the drawing, she would have won an additional $400.  I told her to fly to New York and buy my lottery tickets.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2007, 03:16:56 PM »

Back from a nice lunch with former dear reader Hisaka, who sends her best.  I then visited some haunts on the West Side, made one major league score, and am now home.  No mail at the mail place today, though.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2007, 03:17:58 PM »

I shall now relax until I leave for the theater to see Wicked.

George

« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2007, 03:44:13 PM »

I'm not Wussburgering, I'm rehearsing!

;)

Last night's rehearsal went well...for the most part.  I have one line ("That is the only explanation that we have at this time, gentlemen!") that for some darned reason, I keep forgetting when I'm in the scene!  AARRGGHH!!  Otherwise, the show (shameless plug alert:  Nite of the Living Dead! The Musical! ;)) ran 2 hours and 45 minutes with intermission...that's shorter than the night before, but still too long (IMHO).  And act two was 10 minutes longer than act one. :-\ I don't know how long they expect (or hope) the show to be, but I don't think that it can get much shorter without some cutting of text and/or songs.  I get the very strong feeling that the writer doesn't even consider than an option. ::)

FJL

« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2007, 03:44:19 PM »

Why is former DR Hisaka no longer posting?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2007, 03:47:20 PM »

...I don't know how long they expect (or hope) the show to be, but I don't think that it can get much shorter without some cutting of text and/or songs.  I get the very strong feeling that the writer doesn't even consider than an option. ::)
Sing faster.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2007, 03:48:12 PM »

Why is former DR Hisaka no longer posting?

I've never known the answer for this, myself.   ???
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up