Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WRAP UP  (Read 12542 times)

Dan-in-Toronto

Re:THE WRAP UP
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2004, 04:25:33 PM »

We were at a delightful garden party in Paris (Ontario). Paris is an old mill town, and our friend has a large and gracious home. There's lots of art - indoor and outdoor - and the garden has never looked better. His parties are always outstanding - interesting people and excellent food, and lots of both. I fasted yesterday, but more than made up for it today.

Panni, was Dufflet one of the top bakers when you were in Toronto? She was among the guests, and outdid herself in the dessert department (e.g. a chocolate pastry filled with rich, creamy chocolate; lemony tarts; and oatmeal-apple squares).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 04:31:36 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2004, 04:26:23 PM »

Welcome five GUESTS.  Why don't you come out of the woodwork and have some fun?  Fun is what I'm talkin' about.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2004, 04:52:37 PM »

Matt H thanks for the movie info and I bet you really enjoyed today’s weather knowing what tomorrow may bring.

Jose I hope my flights go as well next Sunday.  How was the party?

Michael Shayne did Jeanne cause any damage where you live?

Jane

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2004, 04:53:43 PM »

Sandra I do hope that brown lump of fur does not play with plastic bags unsupervised.

SWW it sounds like the gang is finally bonding with Fletcher.  Maybe you can simply find a dog park with other big dogs. :)

Jane

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2004, 04:57:58 PM »

Charles Pogue it is so good to have you back, and I look forward to hearing the song, and one day seeing WHAT IF.  How is the filming in New Zealand (do I have the location correct?) coming along?

DiT the party and food sound great-wish I had been there.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2004, 05:34:04 PM »

DIT - I don't know Dufflet. But her baking sounds like I should.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2004, 05:37:49 PM »

Did someone say diet soda?  I say caffeine free diet Pepsi  I also like flavored seltzers.

I wonder if there has been any studies done about the effect of diet soda on one's blood sugar and insulin levels.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2004, 05:55:16 PM »

Love reading all the Sunday posts!!  Glad "Cabaret" is over for the week, it's been a good week with tech and all and everyone I've talked to has loved the show.  I don't know if there are any pictures on the site yet, but the URL for the company is bbbay.org    Since I've been "Caberet-ing" all week, my ever-loving Eric is taking me out to dinner this eve, he won't say where, but we sorta gotta dress up... no shorts and stuff... anyhow, it should be exciting.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2004, 06:00:07 PM »

Chat is open, you people.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2004, 06:04:28 PM »

CHAT IS OPEN, you people.  It's just me and Ben right now, and if it continues to be me and Ben this will be the last chat for quite some time.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2004, 06:15:59 PM »

There are finally a few people in chat and we're having a splendidly splendid civilized chat.  Those who have been in absentia all the livelong day (you know who you are) are in for a large bitch-slapping fest when they finally show their mugs around these here parts.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2004, 06:16:13 PM »

I haz spoken.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2004, 06:16:48 PM »

Matthew glad the show went well.  Did you have a nice dinner?

Today we saw WIMBLEDON.  We had intended on see GARDEN STATE but Keith made an error in the starting time.  I still plan to see GS but the feel good movie today was perfect.  I didn’t think about my back once.  :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2004, 06:33:59 PM »

Yes, certain "cheerleaders" will be bitch-slapped from here to eternity and hell and back for their blatant disregard of this here site today and chat this evening.  As James Mason said in North by Northwest:  "Games?  Must we?"

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2004, 06:34:17 PM »

Chat is still going on - even Swishy Sarah is there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2004, 06:34:39 PM »

And those who attended chat know which classic cheesy horror film remake I'm rewriting.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2004, 06:48:51 PM »

Thanks DRJOSE....you walked too far down the street.

Allison lived at 1757 North Orange Grove Avenue.....but thanks for the lovely pictures of 1725....I appreciate the effort!

I guess it's on my shoulders once again.

;D
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Ben

« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2004, 06:51:07 PM »

Just left a sparkling chat. I'm now off to bed at 9:53 pm in NYC. I must to work at 6am tomorrow. Nytol!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2004, 06:54:52 PM »

I took The Dear Mother to a recital by Dame Kiri Te Kanawa this afternoon at the Orange County Performing Arts Center, Dear Readers.  The Dame was in marvelous voice, and she offered a wide-ranging program that included Handel, Vivaldi, Strauss, Berlioz, Poulenc, Wolf-Ferrari and the very rare non-operatic Puccini.  Mr. Warren Jones was the terrific accompanist.

I will be seeing Dame Kiri again later this year when she takes the title role of Vanessa at the Los Angeles Opera.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 07:01:21 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2004, 07:35:26 PM »

SWW it sounds like the gang is finally bonding with Fletcher.  Maybe you can simply find a dog park with other big dogs. :)
Hoo and ray for bonding.  It took a while for Marty to take to Buster, so adding Fletcher to the mix is just part of what happens, I guess.  That, and the older dogs don't understand that Fletch can't hear them when they bark at him.

Dog parks?  It's not that kind of community.  People walk with their dogs along the town streets, just being sociable.  Now that the tourist season is over, the residents can take over and be friendly again.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2004, 07:44:25 PM »

As James Mason said in North by Northwest:  "Games?  Must we?"
Speaking of North by Northwest...

A friend of ours, Charles, runs a very nice bistro called Cafe Zeus here in Rehoboth Beach.  He and his partner, John, are planning a film night for Halloween.  They've fairly well settled on North by Northwest as being the first half of a double bill.  The question is, what should they show as the second feature?

On the on hand, they could stick with Hitchcock.  This, to my mind, would suggest a Jimmy Stewart film, either Vertigo or Rear Window, although The Man Who Knew Too Much has a certain que sera appeal.

On the other hand, they could go in a totally different direction, and stick with trains.  Murder on the Orient Express has an elegant appeal, and would pair nicely with NxNW.  That, and since Charles is an excellent chef, he could devise a menu linking to the classic train dining experiences from the past.

Does anyone out there have any other ideas for movie pairings?  Food pairings with the films would also be appreciated; Charles is one of the leading chefs in town, and has been invited by the Governor of Delaware to help prepare a "state" dinner in the near future.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

Good news on the health front:  Most of my recent "indisposal" has cleared up.  I still have a lingering cough, and some snuffles, but the only real problem remaining is a congested left ear, which is making it difficult for me to hear and is throwing my balance off (as if anyone could tell).

Thanks again to all who sent vibes; they were and are appreciated.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2004, 07:58:23 PM »

I'd say we need about six frenzies right about now unless, of course, this is going to be one of THOSE days.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2004, 08:12:49 PM »

Just wanted to do my nightly check-in. Rehearsal was basically going over things blocked last week when people were absent. Those of us who were there felt like our time was just a bit wasted. At least, I am off book for the portions of the show that have been blocked and that includes two musical numbers and the dialogue. We should finish Act I tomorrow night.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2004, 08:16:29 PM »

My favorite diet soda is one produced regionally here; DR Jose and I have talked about it before: Diet Cheerwine.

Of the national colas, I prefer Pepsi One, but really, I'm not that particularly about my diet soda. Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Diet Coke with Lime, Pepsi One: they're all good to me. I buy what's on sale.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2004, 08:19:02 PM »

I don't really have much to say.

I finished my cake, and there's only one can of Cherry Coke in the fridge.

I found one of those papers from last semester. Now I just have to retype it and recycle it.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2004, 08:22:54 PM »

Yes, certain "cheerleaders" will be bitch-slapped from here to eternity and hell and back for their blatant disregard of this here site today and chat this evening.  As James Mason said in North by Northwest:  "Games?  Must we?"

Right.  Certain cheerleaders do not play "games." And seeing as how certain cheerleaders were around for many days this past month or two when nobody else was, another approach might be to say, "Hope you're having a pleasant Sunday. We look forward to your return." But that's just my humble opinion...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 08:23:44 PM by Panni »

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2004, 08:22:54 PM »

Speaking of Fred Astaire and LET'S DANCE, I remember him on Dick Cavett's talk show one night, and Dick was showing clips from lots of Fred's films, but the clips included none of his RKO or MGM work. They were clips from Paramount films like HOLIDAY INN ("Say It with Firecrackers"), BLUE SKIES ("Puttin' on the Ritz"), FUNNY FACE ("Let's iss and Make Up"), and LET'S DANCE ("Piano Dance"). Fred was gracious as always in tellinjg Dick how pleased that clips had been chosen from films he REALLY liked, and I found that very surprising that he'd like that LET'S DANCE number (a bunch of cats come running ouot of the piano at the end of it).

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2004, 08:33:48 PM »

Speaking of North by Northwest...

A friend of ours, Charles, runs a very nice bistro called Cafe Zeus here in Rehoboth Beach.  He and his partner, John, are planning a film night for Halloween.  They've fairly well settled on North by Northwest as being the first half of a double bill.  The question is, what should they show as the second feature?

North By Northwest is always welcomed viewing, but what the heck does it have to do with Halloween?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2004, 08:45:29 PM »

Humble opinion?  We don't need no stinking humble opinion.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up