News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: SOCKS  (Read 27774 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:SOCKS
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2007, 07:11:50 PM »

Today Sherlock is 11 months old.  I need to take a new photo of him.  Since he doesn't fit on the step anymore I'll have to find a new background for the photo. ;D

Well, guess what?  Today is Blanche's first birthday!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2007, 07:11:55 PM »

Vibes to all who need them for openings, toes, travel and anything else.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2007, 07:15:16 PM »

I just finished the 3rd Kritzer book. I had started it a while ago but I haven't had much book time lately.

I loved it, and was very amazed at how many experiences I shared with young Benjamin when I was in high school, including discovering Dave Brubeck, favorite soundtracks, songwriting (mine weren't as good!) and musical theatre.

The decription of seeing STOP THE WORLD and the girls in their colored tights made me laugh and brought back memories. This was the only show I ever did---community theatre my last year of college.

That's me on the far left, in the red. (Of course!) My friend and roommate was also in the show. We had a wonderful director, a friend of mine from college who talked me into doing the show. Everyone adored him. He died tragically and unnecessarily the year after we did the show.

So I'm thinking back fondly tonight to how much fun we had in the theatre, and wishing DR George and Cason leg-breaking vibes!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2007, 07:16:09 PM »

So are we going to plan to go to the September 30 performance?  

Yes, let's!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2007, 07:26:21 PM »

Last night DR Jane posted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if Cilla is out painting the town.  

Actually Jane, I was out painting a Mardi Gras float!  They worked on the floats all night. I painted until 1:00 AM. Pretty strange to paint in the dark, but I wasn't doing details so it worked out and still looked goog this morning.  I was exhausted today. I got up very early had breakfast then checked out the floats. I came home to change to go help again, laid down and woke up about 1:15 PM

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2007, 07:29:06 PM »

This afternoon, I went to the grocery store. on the way home my gallon jug of milk fell over in the back of the car and started pouring milk all over!!! Yikes! I didn't notive until I got home. So I went back to the store, they replaced the milk and I went to the carwash and powerwashed all the mats.  They are outside drying. I may move them into the garage for the night.   I hope I got it, but I have a feeling that I may be smelling something sour tomorrow...yuck!

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2007, 07:30:47 PM »

I'll post some photos of the floats later, they looked cool. The shape etc was taken from photos of the floats from Lake Charles, LA. The designs by Mark and Paul. These floats even had port-a-potties on them!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2007, 07:32:39 PM »

Then tell Trog to let go of him.

He did, eventually....the producer Herman Cohen grabbed him.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2007, 07:34:53 PM »

What a great picture DR EDISAURUS.

I take LOTS of photos of every show I do....too many usually....because eventually....since it's theatre.....that's all you have to refresh your memory about who and what and where and when...

Talk about try to remember!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2007, 07:43:14 PM »

I received another very sad email today at the church address from Mrs. Susan Thompson, who is dying of cancer and has such a tragic story such as Sister Michelle, who oddly enough also has a late husband in the same embassy and has $4 million to put into our account.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2007, 07:51:21 PM »

So many sad stories in the world DearReader Laura. I'm so pleased you are there to be of help.  I must check my emails.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2007, 07:51:47 PM »

This afternoon, I went to the grocery store. on the way home my gallon jug of milk fell over in the back of the car and started pouring milk all over!!! Yikes! I didn't notive until I got home. So I went back to the store, they replaced the milk and I went to the carwash and powerwashed all the mats.  They are outside drying. I may move them into the garage for the night.   I hope I got it, but I have a feeling that I may be smelling something sour tomorrow...yuck!

DR Cillaliz, please don't cry!

I had a similar experience with a smelly car. I was caught in a flash flood, and even though my car floated, (it was a little Tercel) it still got very damp inside. And in the summer, of course, so when it got hot out the windows steamed up on hte inside and it was like a terrarium, even with the windows cracked open. And it smelled like a swamp!

~~~Fresh-smelling car mat vibes to you!~~~~

Tomovoz

« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2007, 07:51:51 PM »

Happy Birthday to the lovely Blanche.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2007, 07:57:23 PM »

DR Cillaliz, please don't cry!

I had a similar experience with a smelly car. I was caught in a flash flood, and even though my car floated, (it was a little Tercel) it still got very damp inside. And in the summer, of course, so when it got hot out the windows steamed up on hte inside and it was like a terrarium, even with the windows cracked open. And it smelled like a swamp!

~~~Fresh-smelling car mat vibes to you!~~~~

LOL, my first thought was...I am not going to cry...then I burst out laughing. Getting upset wasn't going to do anything, so I didn't I just did what I had to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2007, 07:59:12 PM »

I am so glad I stayed home tonight. It is really relaxing.   I just had a call from Paul. For the first time I think ever, they are not going to paint the water tower during Saturday In the Park.   I had already decided I wasn't going to help this year, but I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.  It will be fun to just come and go and enjoy the day and the celebration.

Cillaliz

« Reply #255 on: June 29, 2007, 08:01:24 PM »

I am also looking forward to a big bowl of jambalaya.  They didn't have it for the masses last night just for the people who paid for the sit down dinner. Oh...I need to run outside, I hear fireworks

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #256 on: June 29, 2007, 08:06:34 PM »

So many sad stories in the world DearReader Laura. I'm so pleased you are there to be of help.  I must check my emails.

If I helped everyone who asks for help, I would be worth billions.

Tomovoz

« Reply #257 on: June 29, 2007, 08:08:52 PM »

I guess you can live with the regrets of those opportunities missed Dear Reader Laura
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #258 on: June 29, 2007, 08:10:31 PM »

This afternoon I looked in my backyard, and this is what I saw:

This handsome fella is feral and comes around to be fed. He was keeping cool in the passionvine. His name is Tabby Tom.

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: June 29, 2007, 08:10:42 PM »

I can't see the fireworks, just hear them.  There will be more tomorrow night, I'll see them then

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #260 on: June 29, 2007, 08:11:54 PM »

I can't see the fireworks, just hear them.  There will be more tomorrow night, I'll see them then

Maybe they were gunshots.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2007, 08:11:58 PM »

So are we going to plan to go to the September 30 performance?  

I would suggest no plans be made until the actual calendar for the Festival is set.  The first day tickets go on sale is the time to buy.  The performances for the shows sell out quickly.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #262 on: June 29, 2007, 08:18:56 PM »

I would suggest no plans be made until the actual calendar for the Festival is set.  The first day tickets go on sale is the time to buy.  The performances for the shows sell out quickly.

I have considered becoming a member so that I can get tickets early.  I wasn't planning to book anything until I know things are good to go.

Here's a link to the membership info.  http://www.nymf.org/Page-104.html   It may be worth some of us splitting the membership fee to get the tickets we want.  Just a thought

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2007, 08:20:34 PM »

There are wheels on my bed, too.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2007, 08:21:02 PM »

Here are the invited works and what is the first on the list? The Brain from Planet X of course http://www.nymf.org/ViewShowsInCategory-2.html

Matt H.

« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2007, 08:23:08 PM »

I got BROADWAY BABYLON in the mail today, and I had mde my mind up I'd put it aside until I finished one of the two books I am in the process of reading right now.

But, the lure was just too strong, and a read almost an hour and a half though the chapter on Ethel Merman. Next up, Tennessee Williams.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2007, 08:24:44 PM »

Yikes! They spelled Zubrick wrong.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2007, 08:25:37 PM »

They have an underpants musical!

Matt H.

« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2007, 08:26:37 PM »

Tonight I watched a movie I had never seen before - PITFALL, a Japanese film which is one of three in a set of Hiroshi Teshigahara films from Criterion. What a captivating ghost story/mystery/allegory/social satire, and made for a mere $50,000 in 1962! Simply amazing black and white cinematography and open to so many different interpretations.

Matt H.

« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2007, 08:28:21 PM »

Next, I watched the video critique of the movie by critic James Quandt and enjoyed his suppositions on some of the potential meanings of some of the film's themes.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up