• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:SOCKS
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2007, 07:22:01 AM »

And one for Cruller

DeVil

or

Unusual Punishment

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2007, 07:24:44 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  Here is the promised photo from our dinner at Taj Mahal last night:

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2007, 07:30:59 AM »

DH Richard took the photo.  I'm in the foreground, surrounded, left to right by DRs MBarnum, Ben, Jose, Singdaw, MusicGuy, and Elmore.

Before we ordered, DR MBarnum told me that I'd probably need Tums after the meal, but I didn't.  Must have been the soothing Australian ice cream that kept me from getting indigestion.

I do, however, have severe allergy symptoms and on our way to meet DR Elmore at Lincoln Center will stop at a drug store for Claritin.  I think this clinches it that we will NOT try to sit on the stage for Inherit the Wind - they sure don't want me up there sniffling, sneezing, and coughing  :P
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2007, 07:32:57 AM »

DR FJL - I replied to your earlier message, but to reiterate:  DH Richard and I will be there tomorrow between whatever matinee we see and Curtains.  Thanks for the lovely invitation!

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2007, 07:34:40 AM »

DR Edi - yes, I did have a manicure Wednesday in Crystal City.  It has lasted through several showers and shampoos and lots of luggage wrestling.  A home manicure would never have lasted for me like this.  Now on my list - a pedicure!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2007, 07:38:27 AM »

Thank you, DR Ginny, for putting up the photo. The H/Ks look like a great group having a fine time!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2007, 07:40:05 AM »

Since I got less sleep than usual last night, I'm heading down now to lie down a bit to see if I can catch a nap before cleaning up to do my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2007, 07:59:39 AM »

It's Friday -- finally:

An end to a curiously short, but intensely tiring week.

A week of extremes, actually.

And I look forward to a break from chaos, disarray, moodiness, petulance and the occasional sick-making gushiness.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 08:10:39 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2007, 08:06:31 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept quite well making plans on how to explain the reasons for an anchor and a burlap bag when I showed DR MBarnum the 79th Street Boat Basin.  I was up at 8:10 or so, bathed, dragged my guest off the fire escape and forced him to clean up.  I was going to post but he got all crazy and insisted on dining at once so we went over to the 82nd Street Cafe and had a little breakfast.  I was coaxing him into a view of the Hudson River when DR MusicGuy called him about lunch and my plans fell through on Mikey seeing more of the Hudson than he'd planned.

We walked to the Boat Basin and saw the boats and Mikey headed off to the Virgin - always living in the past - Megastore.  I am about to leave for Lincoln Center and the NYPL.

DR Ginny, thanks for posting the photo. Everyone with cameras keeps talking about photos - Barnum's is here in the apartment - but we were late last night with the idea of a photo and missed having DR Rodzinski who abandoned us for a performance at Joe's Pub in the shot
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Opening Night Vibes to DRs George and Cason! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Healing Toes Vibes to BK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2007, 08:12:08 AM »

I'm jealous of all the fun these Kimlets are having in NYC.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2007, 08:13:35 AM »

I'm empathizing with Bruce on his aching toes.

I've done similar things, myself, and it's extremely painful....and it will take a while before the aching stops, unfortunately.  Those toes are very tender.

If you have sandals, BK....I think you'll have to wear them for a while.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2007, 08:16:46 AM »

I received another Kevin McKidd movie in the mail yesterday -- "Dog Soldiers" -- plus a Miss Marple (Joan Hickson) Classic Mystery Collection (9 two-hour movies).

Yet....I was unable to contemplate watching anything that would take more than a short while to watch.  I did manage another episode of "Ghost Whisperer" before the sandman carried me off.  It was very intense and well-acted.  I'm quite fond of this show!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2007, 08:19:41 AM »

We are supposed to be in the grips of a "cooling" trend, but last night was one of the least comfortable nights -- temperature-wise -- I've had this summer.

It was very cool outside, but my condo was warm and there wasn't even an occasional whisper of a breeze to blow through my window.  

My curtains were as unmoved as Larry Moore would "claim" to be if he should see MBarnum's head hit the iron railing after his pillow fell off the fire escape.

;)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 08:44:49 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2007, 08:21:20 AM »

Larry...since you're free during lunch...and since MBarnum's camera is in your apartment...why not surprise the young tyke with some unexpected photos?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 08:45:29 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2007, 08:27:22 AM »

Tonight's episode of "Ghost Whisperer" is really good and has a solid guest cast:

J. P. Pitoc
Norbert Weisser
Jud Tylor
Fredric Lane
Susane Lee

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2007, 08:35:59 AM »

couldn't turn the brain off

Just like Michael S!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2007, 08:47:06 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  Here is the promised photo from our dinner at Taj Mahal last night:

Goodness, but you had a prominent table!  Everyone entering would see all of you.  

:)

Edisaurus

« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2007, 08:48:10 AM »

If you have sandals, BK....I think you'll have to wear them for a while.  

So ironic in light of today's notes!

BK, foot healing vibes to you. Sorry you'll have to take a break from jogging for a bit...  :-\
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2007, 08:49:49 AM »

Y'all are having pies for lunch? I'm even more jealous---if that's even possible!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2007, 08:56:41 AM »

Good morning, HHW!

Opening night vibes for George and Cason!!

Healing vibes to BK's toes!

Soothing vibes to DR Ron and all others who need them!

[/size]

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2007, 08:59:12 AM »

Greetings from the 19th floor of the Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas, NV!  The temperature is only expected to be 107 today, but due to be up to 110 by Sunday.  Boy, this place has certainly changed in the last 35 years.  This room was obviously designed by Queer Eye for the Straight Guy!

Tonight is WSMA Night here in Vegas.  I can't wait to see the new Phantom.

Laters.**

**Copyright by Jose, 2004
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2007, 09:00:14 AM »

CD:  THE STEPHEN SONDHEIM ALBUM
DVD: GRAND HOTEL
VCR: THE UNINVITED
(Thanks to all who mentioned it here)

Edisaurus

« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2007, 09:01:42 AM »

Here's a wonderful way to start the weekend: watch Ray Bethell, Multiple World Champion kite flyer, flying 3 kites to "Flower Duet" by Delibes. This is a thing of beauty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIvldN5fM4s

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2007, 09:12:53 AM »

Good Morning!

* good audience and energy vibes for Casons opening night*
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2007, 09:13:26 AM »

* good telephone casting vibes for Bruce*
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

FJL

« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2007, 09:21:34 AM »

Vegas vibes to TCB

Opening night vibes to George and to Cason

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2007, 09:29:17 AM »

Greetings from the 19th floor of the Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas, NV!  The temperature is only expected to be 107 today, but due to be up to 110 by Sunday.  Boy, this place has certainly changed in the last 35 years.  This room was obviously designed by Queer Eye for the Straight Guy!

What?  "Butch", but "tasteful"?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2007, 09:30:32 AM »

Slept another couple of hours, which was good.  I'm walking, so that's good news, and while the toes are obviously sore, I see to be able to bend them easily, so that's good.  I'm not looking forward to removing these bandages and looking at them, though, but I will a bit later.

Meanwhile, I continue to have no responses from anyone at NYMF - I gather this is SOP for them, but it's annoying given that I'm about a month behind every other show in terms of paperwork and things to do.  I just have a few questions and I've now asked them several times to two different e-mail addresses and left messages for two people last night and nada.

Miss Karen

« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2007, 09:40:28 AM »

Reporting in from La-La Land -- waking up to the sounds of autos, buses, sirens  and all manner of hustle and bustle of life in the big city
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up