Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WORDS, WORDS, AND MORE WORDS  (Read 28016 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:WORDS, WORDS, AND MORE WORDS
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2006, 03:28:45 PM »

I've got some 78s and LPs that might be considered collectibles, but I love that original series of WIZARD OF OZ plates which I have mounted on the wall over the piano in the den. They're not super rare, of course, but I've been offered quite a bit of money for the original set that I have.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2006, 03:32:06 PM »

Page Five Bambi and Thumper Dance!

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2006, 03:40:20 PM »

I really am surprised, DR Jennifer, that you did not know that on the 100th episode (this week's installment) one of the people closest to Clark (i.e. someone from the opening credits) was going to die. It's been in newspaper reports literally for months so how you could have escaped noticing or hearing about it (not who but just that something tragic was going to happen) simply astonishes me. I revealed nothing about the identity of the person and don't think a spoiler was necessary with all of the publicity this episode had generated LONG before it aired.

And even with the death, there is a serious twist NO ONE could have predicted was coming. So I spoiled nothing really, at least in my estimation.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 03:42:24 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2006, 03:41:33 PM »

I had a most entertaining afternoon with CSI: MIAMI episodes and with telephone conversations with two friends. A great way to spend an afternoon.

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2006, 03:44:41 PM »

Tonight, I think I'm going to start work on a compilation DVD for a friend. Should be fun doing this and revisiting old clips, some of which I haven't watched in years.

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2006, 03:51:17 PM »

Off to start the evening festivities now.

WBBL.

Jed

« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2006, 03:58:29 PM »

I forgot to mention that i took the children out for ice cream last night for a multiple celebration.  First of all, to celebrate son Jed's new job.  Secondly, to celebrate daughter Ann's fortunate excape from the evil people at her former job.  And finally, of course, to celebrate the Seahawks trip to the Super Bowl next week.**

** I should point out that Ann was the only one of us that cared at all, about the Super Bowl or the Seahawks, but we felt we had to humor her.

I think I'm still full!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2006, 04:02:06 PM »

I really am surprised, DR Jennifer, that you did not know that on the 100th episode (this week's installment) one of the people closest to Clark (i.e. someone from the opening credits) was going to die.

I read lots of entertainment news, but did not hear anything about this.  And did not even know it was someone closest to Clark till you just wrote it.

I know there are not that many of us that watch SMALLVILLE here. But I never watch it till sunday.  So just leave a bit of space if you can.  Especially if you're going to say something major.

Jennifer

« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2006, 04:14:45 PM »

Re: this week's VERONICA MARS.

DR MattH, I'm surprised you didn't like it.  I thought it was quite thrilling.  I was actually really surprised that Veronica knew.  And that scene nearer the end she kissed duncan shocked me.

Btw, who was that blonde woman who helped duncan?

Stephanie

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2006, 04:18:21 PM »

Count me in as a Smallville watcher!  I haven't watched yet, either, it's on my Tivo, waiting for me to get home from Deceit tonight!  I have a pretty good guess who dies, but now I can't wait to see this shocking twist!

Stephanie

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2006, 05:04:12 PM »

You never know what you will find on Google.  I put Craig’s name in and found this very short film from his freshman year of college.  In the close-ups, he is the second one with the gun.  He was so young and cute, a mother’s opinion anyway.

http://www.180rule.com/nowhere.html

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2006, 05:24:46 PM »

In the close-ups, he is the second one with the gun.  He was so young and cute, a mother’s opinion anyway.

There are two sentences you don't see in close proximity every day.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2006, 05:26:27 PM »

Other than Mrs. Booth and Mrs. Oswald, of course.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2006, 05:27:31 PM »

LOL DR JMK
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JMK

« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2006, 05:28:07 PM »

MSN vs. Qwest.  Well it turns out this annoying thing I was complaining about (no consistent URL history in the address bar on MSN) shouldn't be happening.  MSN is saying it's a Qwest issue, and, of course, Qwest is insisting it's an MSN issue.  I've gotten around it by displaying the history on the left side of the screen.  I hate technology.  :)

JMK

« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2006, 05:29:31 PM »

The Mrs. Oswald quote cut from Life:

"Why was everyone so hot and bothered about that shadow under Lee's nose?  He was just so handsome carrying that rifle, how could anyone be paying attention to a little ol' shadow?"

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2006, 05:38:36 PM »

I saw Tammy eating some strawberries, so, yes, I think he was sharing it.

Tha is good of Matt.... I know he gets lots of M&M's at the Days studio....

Back early from my party.... My cousin had a family emergency that ended the festivities... Life happens
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2006, 05:40:19 PM »

Ginny the studio does look lovely.

DRLaura, cauliflower and frosting is healthier than chips and frosting.  Hmmm what can you do to get Sandra to substitute the frosting for a healthier topping? ;D  Are you reading this Sandra? :)

Stephanie I know what you mean about Scott Bakula, such a shame.  When the show originally aired we couldn’t receive it on a station with a decent picture.  Lately we have been watching re-runs.  I’m not so sure it was Scott as much as the writing or the rest of the cast.

Jane, I agree with you about Bakula... I am also a Star Trek fan... Loved Star Trek: The Next Generation...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2006, 05:40:25 PM »

I think I'm still full!

How much ice cream did you consume?   ;D

Jane

« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2006, 05:43:07 PM »

JMK-  ;D ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2006, 05:43:12 PM »

Hmmm I used to watch DAYS many moons ago (it must have been the 80s).  But I have to watched it for many many years.  But I do watch The Young and The Restless, which i love.

I like YR

You watched days back in the Glroy Days of the show....

I did a paper in college some years ago in a Popular culture class and I did it on soaps. I compared Days, General Hospital, Santa Barbary and Young and the Restless..

Ironically, I have kept up my research... When you take an academic approach to the workings of the genre it is rather fascinating...

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2006, 05:43:35 PM »

Hi all, well I knew the day was coming when I would get totally stressed out and melt down over this move and it happened today.  I got extremely irritated at a friend who is always there to have me pay for things for him and who is now insisting over and over that I need to spend extra money for quality on a rug of all things even though he knows I've pretty much hit the end of the budget for awhile- but he can't be bothered to help me pack, move or do anything else.  That and the overwhelming feeling that I'll never get all this packed and the feeling that it's easier to play on the computer than get anything done and the hour I spent searching everywhere for something I put where it belonged but didn't bother looking THERE I mean why would it be where it belongs, nothing else is at this point.  

AHHHHHHH.......    So I haven't gotten a thing done today and that's just the way it is.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I think I'll just sit back and relax tonight. Maybe a hot bath and early to bed. Today was bound to happen. Now that it's over maybe I can get some work done

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2006, 05:44:51 PM »

I say we are all a bunch of insufferable bores. And pretty darn nice ones.

DR DRLaura, I thought we were charming, enigmatic bores but never the less friendly ones

Jane

« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2006, 05:44:54 PM »

The Mrs. Oswald quote cut from Life:

"Why was everyone so hot and bothered about that shadow under Lee's nose?  He was just so handsome carrying that rifle, how could anyone be paying attention to a little ol' shadow?"

Great, now I'm being compared to Mrs. Oswald-LOL

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2006, 05:46:30 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  I just gained back use of my handy-dandy laptop.  A former girlfriend of Mr. Mark Bakalor was here today - she's living in LA and I hired her to import the e-mail addresses of everyone who's purchased Kritzerland CDs, so that I can do proper e-mail blasts when we have new releases (a couple of new releases coming soon).  She also tallied sales on all the CDs.  Best seller?  After the Ball.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2006, 05:46:56 PM »

Count me in as a Smallville watcher!  I haven't watched yet, either, it's on my Tivo, waiting for me to get home from Deceit tonight!  I have a pretty good guess who dies, but now I can't wait to see this shocking twist!

Stephanie

We dont get it up here in ND.... I have to rely on DVD from friends hwo live outside of the state.... However I have seen season 1 and I do like it.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2006, 05:48:04 PM »

DakotaCelt good vibes for your family.  

Much needed moving vibes to Cillaliz.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2006, 05:48:53 PM »

Hi all, well I knew the day was coming when I would get totally stressed out and melt down over this move and it happened today.  I got extremely irritated at a friend who is always there to have me pay for things for him and who is now insisting over and over that I need to spend extra money for quality on a rug of all things even though he knows I've pretty much hit the end of the budget for awhile- but he can't be bothered to help me pack, move or do anything else.  That and the overwhelming feeling that I'll never get all this packed and the feeling that it's easier to play on the computer than get anything done and the hour I spent searching everywhere for something I put where it belonged but didn't bother looking THERE I mean why would it be where it belongs, nothing else is at this point.  

AHHHHHHH.......    So I haven't gotten a thing done today and that's just the way it is.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I think I'll just sit back and relax tonight. Maybe a hot bath and early to bed. Today was bound to happen. Now that it's over maybe I can get some work done

((cilla)

We all need down days... Sounds like a perfect night for a nice, long luxuriant bubble bath....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

DakotaCelt good vibes for your family.  

Much needed moving vibes to Cillaliz.  

I will forward your vibes to my cousin. Her father in law had a heart attack.  However, it does nto look to be too serious...

Ginny

« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Hang in there!  It will all be worth it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up