Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: CONDIMENTS  (Read 33660 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: CONDIMENTS
« Reply #360 on: February 12, 2009, 03:53:56 PM »

All this time I thought the new movie THE UNINVITED was to be a remake of the 1944 Ray Milland film.  To my relief, I now realize it is a remake of the 2003 Korean Horror film JANGHWA, HONGRYEON.

I kinda got excited about a remake since it may be the only way the original film will get released on DVD, and I was both grateful and sorry that ithe new UNINVITED was not what I hoped/feared. The old film, 9 guess, is too subtle for today's obvious school of horror.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #361 on: February 12, 2009, 03:56:23 PM »

Someone just had the really bad form to send me someone's private PM to them - and I have to say I'm a little nauseous from what I read.  There are times when I just don't understand things and I'm afraid this is one of them.  Ah, well.   

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #362 on: February 12, 2009, 03:56:50 PM »

...JANGHWA, HONGRYEON.

Which loosly translates as "Jane, Hungry!"

der Brucer

That's me :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #363 on: February 12, 2009, 03:57:05 PM »

I guess I should eat something.

Jane

« Reply #364 on: February 12, 2009, 03:57:30 PM »

My computer has frozen up four times this afternoon.

:(  no more freezing vibes!

Jane

« Reply #365 on: February 12, 2009, 03:59:56 PM »

Today we went for a drive, and this is what we saw:

I may be seeing a lot more snow than that tomorrow, though at the moment it is difficult to believe.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #366 on: February 12, 2009, 04:02:08 PM »

I guess I should eat something.

I was going to reply to an earlier post and realized I had nothing to say!

BK, do you remember on my first trip to LA for UNSUNG SONDHEIM and Liz' Loesser album that great fried chicken place you took me to? That and some mac&cheese sound awfully good right now!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #367 on: February 12, 2009, 04:03:17 PM »

:(  no more freezing vibes!

It's too warm here. I can't get enough cool air into the apartment and the heat from the radiators, even though they're turned off, is irking me.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:05:42 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #368 on: February 12, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »

I think I will call Harrriet's Kitchen and get myself some chicken, not fried, and some mac&cheese. And some green beans and carrots. Or do I want a burger?

Jane

« Reply #369 on: February 12, 2009, 04:05:25 PM »

All this time I thought the new movie THE UNINVITED was to be a remake of the 1944 Ray Milland film.  To my relief, I now realize it is a remake of the 2003 Korean Horror film JANGHWA, HONGRYEON.

I kinda got excited about a remake since it may be the only way the original film will get released on DVD, and I was both grateful and sorry that ithe new UNINVITED was not what I hoped/feared. The old film, 9 guess, is too subtle for today's obvious school of horror.

And I was just about to put it on my NetFlix queue.  I have all Ray Milland movies set to record.  Keith said the next time it comes on he will watch it with me.  He doesn't remember THE BIG CLOCK either so we will have to watch that as well :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #370 on: February 12, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »

And I was just about to put it on my NetFlix queue.  I have all Ray Milland movies set to record.  Keith said the next time it comes on he will watch it with me.  He doesn't remember THE BIG CLOCK either so we will have to watch that as well :)

I have a nice copy of the novel of THE UNINVITED as well, and I think it's a great little ghost story. I don't know why it isn't on DVD. but I'm also surprised at other lacunae in the DVD catalogue.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #371 on: February 12, 2009, 04:10:18 PM »

Fried chicken does sound good. Hmmm.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #372 on: February 12, 2009, 04:10:27 PM »

Mexican food sounds good, too. Damn.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #373 on: February 12, 2009, 04:12:15 PM »

I can't blame my mac&cheese fixation on you since I've always lked it, but you are the prime enabler of my dotage.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #374 on: February 12, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »

Good Evening!

WHEW!!! IT'S W-I-N-D-Y out there!

I was down by Columbia University a little while ago, and as soon as I turned onto 122nd street... YOWZA!!!!  There was a group of us, and we all really had to stop and plant ourselves in order not to be blown over.  One gust was so strong that I was able to lean into it and not fall down.  Cool, funny and a little dangerous all at the same time.

*And since tomorrow is trash day, there was lots of stuff blowing down the street and in the air.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #375 on: February 12, 2009, 04:16:13 PM »

I can't blame my mac&cheese fixation on you since I've always lked it, but you are the prime enabler of my dotage.

DR elmore - Just walk up to PINCH & S'MAC over on Columbus.  At least for the mac'n'cheese.  -And a really good salad.  Too bad the Russian fried chicken place closed a while back.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #376 on: February 12, 2009, 04:22:48 PM »

DR Jose, funny because you weren't blown away.  If you had been holding an open umbrella you might have been able to fly. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #377 on: February 12, 2009, 04:39:05 PM »

BK - Didn't you know that you have to be extremely careful using the Matt Ashford words without first posting a warning?  The use of the M.A. words have been known to generate enough heat to single-handedly melt all of the snow and ice in the entire state of North Dakota!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #378 on: February 12, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »

Beautiful pic DR Elmore. Happy Birthday to Charlotte!

Jennifer

« Reply #379 on: February 12, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »

Yeah almost time for SURVIVOR.

And new TAR this sunday!

Btw, re: AMERICAN IDOL, Joanna Pacitti who  made the top 36 has been disqualified for having connections to some entertainment execs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #380 on: February 12, 2009, 04:51:36 PM »

This crap still goes on - I am now being told by the person (I think you can guess who it is, but if you can't, it's the person who was posting here earlier) that not only did the person who's PM he sent me have some unkind things to say about me, but apparently he's received several e-mails defending him and dissing me.  I think you all know me well enough that I grow weary of this crap and, as has been the case several times in the past, it just makes me want to shut the site down.  I'm really quite upset by all this childishness, frankly.  I'm going to eat now and decide what I want to do.   

Jennifer

« Reply #381 on: February 12, 2009, 04:53:49 PM »

Speaking of cupcakes i had to make some for my niece's Valentine's party tomorrow. Only i forgot that making them entails me making them and her watching! :)

Actually she likes to help with the mix. But after that she's done!

Cillaliz

« Reply #382 on: February 12, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »

Freezing in Phoenix?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #383 on: February 12, 2009, 04:55:14 PM »

BK - Didn't you know that you have to be extremely careful using the Matt Ashford words without first posting a warning?  The use of the M.A. words have been known to generate enough heat to single-handedly melt all of the snow and ice in the entire state of North Dakota!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #384 on: February 12, 2009, 04:57:16 PM »

This crap still goes on - I am now being told by the person (I think you can guess who it is, but if you can't, it's the person who was posting here earlier) that not only did the person who's PM he sent me have some unkind things to say about me, but apparently he's received several e-mails defending him and dissing me.  I think you all know me well enough that I grow weary of this crap and, as has been the case several times in the past, it just makes me want to shut the site down.  I'm really quite upset by all this childishness, frankly.  I'm going to eat now and decide what I want to do.   

If this is all about another blog, ignore anything he's telling you and drop the friendship: he's playing you like a violin.

MBarnum

« Reply #385 on: February 12, 2009, 04:57:17 PM »

Oh, Mac and Cheese sounds so good!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #386 on: February 12, 2009, 04:57:38 PM »

bk - Thanks for posting those pics.  I think I remember seeing all of those moments "originally". ;)

But not when they were "originally" shown.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #387 on: February 12, 2009, 04:58:12 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My reaction precisely

MBarnum

« Reply #388 on: February 12, 2009, 04:58:22 PM »

BK, I agree with Elmore (for once). Don't let it get your goat.

Cillaliz

« Reply #389 on: February 12, 2009, 05:00:24 PM »

This is the cold virus
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19   Go Up