Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: CONDIMENTS  (Read 33633 times)

Cillaliz

Re: CONDIMENTS
« Reply #390 on: February 12, 2009, 05:00:46 PM »

Who knew it had stars!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #391 on: February 12, 2009, 05:00:57 PM »

bk - Until someone picks up a phone or knocks on your door, just hit the "Delete" button before reading anything else.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #392 on: February 12, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »

BK - Didn't you know that you have to be extremely careful using the Matt Ashford words without first posting a warning?  The use of the M.A. words have been known to generate enough heat to single-handedly melt all of the snow and ice in the entire state of North Dakota!

I was thinking the same thing.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #393 on: February 12, 2009, 05:02:05 PM »

bk - Thanks for posting those pics.  I think I remember seeing all of those moments "originally". ;)

But not when they were "originally" shown.

Actually, I think I do remember them from when they were originally shown.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #394 on: February 12, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »

This is the cold virus

And may we all live to see the cure!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #395 on: February 12, 2009, 05:05:16 PM »

BK, I agree with Elmore (for once). Don't let it get your goat.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he's playing on your anxieties to make you shut down HHW and he is not your friend in any way, shape, or form.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #396 on: February 12, 2009, 05:06:52 PM »

BK, I agree with Elmore (for once). Don't let it get your goat.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he's playing on your anxieties to make you shut down HHW and he is not your friend in any way, shape, or form.

I don't think you're wrong.  Just ignore him, BK.

MBarnum

« Reply #397 on: February 12, 2009, 05:07:11 PM »

I must say that the line-up for this weekends Ray Courts Show is something!

Joan Collins,
John Saxon,
Beau Bridges,
 Carrie Fisher,
Tony Curtis,
Yaphet Kotto,
Bruce Dern,
Malcolm McDowell,
 John O'Hurley,
Stephanie Powers,
Pee Wee Herman,
 Debbie Reynolds,
 Eric Roberts,
Erik Estrada,
 Daniel Baldwin,
Robert Carradine,
Bruce Davison,
Dom DeLuise,
Dwayne Hickman,
Arch Hall Jr. (BK, you ought to record him!)
Jayne Meadows,
Terry Moore,
Patrick Muldoon,
Amanda Plummer,
Susan Olsen,
Judy Tenuta (I love her!),
Nancy Olsen (would love to meet her),
Bobby Sherman,
and many, many more.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #398 on: February 12, 2009, 05:08:36 PM »

Since I seem to have annoyed a few people last week with my over-enthusiastic reminder to DR Elmore about BURN NOTICE, I'll simply say:

DR Elmore, please don't forget about BURN NOTICE tonight!

Really?  I thought it was funny.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #399 on: February 12, 2009, 05:16:56 PM »

I think your blogging acquaintance has come to piss in the punch and ruin the party. Don't let him.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #400 on: February 12, 2009, 05:18:37 PM »

Mmmmmmmmm! Mac and cheese, green beans and carrots with garlic, and chicken. Yum yum yum.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #401 on: February 12, 2009, 05:19:32 PM »

Oh, my. Canned Corned Beef!!! I used to love that. I haven't had it since before I moved away from Minnesota. I don't know what it is about that stuff but I'm salivating just thinking of canned Argentinian corned beef (the can always said it was from Argentina).

I love canned corned beef sandwiches!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #402 on: February 12, 2009, 05:22:16 PM »

Oh, my. Canned Corned Beef!!! I used to love that. I haven't had it since before I moved away from Minnesota. I don't know what it is about that stuff but I'm salivating just thinking of canned Argentinian corned beef (the can always said it was from Argentina).

I love canned corned beef sandwiches!

I remember loving corned beef hash as a kid.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #403 on: February 12, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »

This crap still goes on - I am now being told by the person (I think you can guess who it is, but if you can't, it's the person who was posting here earlier) that not only did the person who's PM he sent me have some unkind things to say about me, but apparently he's received several e-mails defending him and dissing me.  I think you all know me well enough that I grow weary of this crap and, as has been the case several times in the past, it just makes me want to shut the site down.  I'm really quite upset by all this childishness, frankly.  I'm going to eat now and decide what I want to do.  

If this is all about another blog, ignore anything he's telling you and drop the friendship: he's playing you like a violin.

I think that's probably a fair assessment, and he's very good at it.  But the thought of all this e-mailing behind backs is just anathema to me.  It happened once before on this site, when a former dear reader caused all sorts of problems by doing the exact same sort of thing - e-mailing behind backs, causing people to leave the site and take sides - awful and disgusting.  Most people finally realized what it was all about, that it was some personal crap going on, but still some people didn't even bother to hear the other side of the story or even care that there WAS another side to the story - a side, I may add, that explained everything. 

I have told the person involved, who has sent me a barrage (well, three) of the most disturbing and nauseating e-mails, that I am done.  Finis.  No more. 

Whether others have e-mailed him supportive e-mails while taking the time to insult me, I don't know.  Certainly he is saying it's so, and certainly, in the case of the PM that he forwarded, it IS so, although he didn't forward me any more, so maybe he's just BSing.  In any case, it's really put a damper on my day.  I shouldn't let it, but I think if you put yourself in my shoes, you'll understand why.  But, as elmore says, he's probably reveling in me thinking about shutting down the site.  One of the things he said was "There's dissension in the ranks."  And here I thought I'd graduated high school.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 05:27:44 PM by bk »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #404 on: February 12, 2009, 05:24:51 PM »

I must say that the line-up for this weekends Ray Courts Show is something!

Joan Collins,
John Saxon,
Beau Bridges,
 Carrie Fisher,
Tony Curtis,
Yaphet Kotto,
Bruce Dern,
Malcolm McDowell,
 John O'Hurley,
Stephanie Powers,
Pee Wee Herman,
 Debbie Reynolds,
 Eric Roberts,
Erik Estrada,
 Daniel Baldwin,
Robert Carradine,
Bruce Davison,
Dom DeLuise,
Dwayne Hickman,
Arch Hall Jr. (BK, you ought to record him!)
Jayne Meadows,
Terry Moore,
Patrick Muldoon,
Amanda Plummer,
Susan Olsen,
Judy Tenuta (I love her!),
Nancy Olsen (would love to meet her),
Bobby Sherman,
and many, many more.

Mikey, are you going?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #405 on: February 12, 2009, 05:25:38 PM »

MONKEY CENTRAL

Thank goodness those photos were at Flickr.  I thought you were going to force us to twitter, jsut so we could see monkey.   ;)
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #406 on: February 12, 2009, 05:26:02 PM »

bk - Until someone picks up a phone or knocks on your door, just hit the "Delete" button before reading anything else.

After the last missive, I told him I was done.  He sent me another thanking me for the clarification. I gotta tell you.  And you're totally right, Jose - the delete button it is from now on.  I feel a little battered right now, but I'm a Jew and I suppose I'll get over it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #407 on: February 12, 2009, 05:26:52 PM »

This crap still goes on - I am now being told by the person (I think you can guess who it is, but if you can't, it's the person who was posting here earlier) that not only did the person who's PM he sent me have some unkind things to say about me, but apparently he's received several e-mails defending him and dissing me.  I think you all know me well enough that I grow weary of this crap and, as has been the case several times in the past, it just makes me want to shut the site down.  I'm really quite upset by all this childishness, frankly.  I'm going to eat now and decide what I want to do.   

If this is all about another blog, ignore anything he's telling you and drop the friendship: he's playing you like a violin.

I think that's probably a fair assessment, and he's very good at it.  But the thought of all this e-mailing behind backs is just anathema to me.  It happened once before on this site, when a former dear reader caused all sorts of problems by doing the exact same sort of thing - e-mailing behind backs, causing people to leave the site and take sides - awful and disgusting.  Most people finally realized what it was all about, that it was some personal crap going on, but still some people didn't even bother to hear the other side of the story or even care that there WAS another side to the story - a side, I may add, that explained everything. 

I have told the person involved, who has sent me a barrage (well, three) of the most disturbing and nauseating e-mails, that I am done.  Finis.  No more. 

Whether others have e-mailed him supportive e-mails while taking the time to insult me, I don't know.  Certainly he is saying it's so, and certainly, in the case of the PM that he forwarded, it IS so, although he didn't forward me any more, so maybe he's just BSing.  In any case, it's really put a damper on my day.  I shouldn't let it, but I think if you put yourself in my shoes, you'll understand why.  But, as elmore says, he's probably reveling in me thinking about shutting down the site.

Ban the jerk! Before I emailed him anything bad about you, I'd tell you to your face. That's what friends are for.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #408 on: February 12, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »

MONKEY CENTRAL

Thank goodness those photos were at Flickr.  I thought you were going to force us to twitter, jsut so we could see monkey.   ;)

There are surely other moneys you'd twitter for?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #409 on: February 12, 2009, 05:29:14 PM »

DR elmore - That scar is not on my thumbs.

I thought that was a dueling scar!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #410 on: February 12, 2009, 05:30:56 PM »

The mac and cheese was delish!

Laura

« Reply #411 on: February 12, 2009, 05:32:30 PM »

I think it is in extremely bad taste for funeral homes to call people who are awaiting medical test results asking them if they would like to make their funeral plans.

Laura

« Reply #412 on: February 12, 2009, 05:34:56 PM »

That was random, wasn't it?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #413 on: February 12, 2009, 05:42:55 PM »

I think it is in extremely bad taste for funeral homes to call people who are awaiting medical test results asking them if they would like to make their funeral plans.

Did this just happen to you?

Laura

« Reply #414 on: February 12, 2009, 05:46:47 PM »

Yes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #415 on: February 12, 2009, 05:48:12 PM »

When there are "issues," especially when I'm not directly involved, I prefer not to take sides. 

On that note (B-flat), I think we need some Angela Lansbury and Jerry Herman:

If music is no longer lovely,
If laughter is no longer lilting,
If lovers are no longer loving,
Then I don't want to know.

If summer is no longer carefree,
If children are no longer singing,
If people are no longer happy,
Then I don't want to know.

Let me hide ev'ry truth from my eyes with the back of my hand,
Let me live in a world full of lies with my head in the sand.
For my memories all are exciting.
My memories all are enchanted,
My memories burn in my head with a steady glow;
So if, my friends, if love is dead,
I don't want to know.

;D

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #416 on: February 12, 2009, 05:50:00 PM »

I forgot about UGLY BETTY!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #417 on: February 12, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »

Yes.

Are you facing some terrible tests I've missed because of my preoccupation with myself?

td

• td
« Reply #418 on: February 12, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »

I would never say anything behind one's back which I wouldn't say to their face; but, that's just the way I was raised.

Incidentally, I went through something quite similar with members of the Scarlet Street gang; I used the delete button often.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

MBarnum

« Reply #419 on: February 12, 2009, 05:57:52 PM »

DR Elmore,
I will not be attending this Ray Court's Show, unfortunatley, but I do have plans of attending the show in April.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up