Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: I LOOK UP, I LOOK DOWN  (Read 9643 times)

Jennifer

Re: I LOOK UP, I LOOK DOWN
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2012, 04:54:33 PM »

I am not going to nap. But i'll probably fall asleep by 10pm.

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2012, 04:56:34 PM »

I'd say i'm probably at about 70%. I still don't have my usual energy. But other than that I feel pretty decent. But i really need to do some hard core exercising. I hate the way i feel. Need to lose 10lbs.  So i would like to start biking a lot. But i don't know if i should push myself. Because i'm not sure i have the energy.

Although i did go biking with my niece today for over an hour. But it doesn't take much energy to do that even though i'm always moving. The speed just isn't fast enough to tire me out!

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2012, 04:57:37 PM »

Tomorrow for Mother's Day my mom is going to make pancakes! I love blueberry pancakes.

I just knew what my almost 3 year old niece would say. And she didn't disappoint.  "But i like french toast"

:)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2012, 05:10:33 PM »

To clarify an earlier comment: The two publishers I'm looking at are not self-publishers that just print whatever you give them. But I'm instigating the publishing. Or rather, my sisters and I are.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2012, 05:41:19 PM »

Just had my favorite kind of salad with dinner: sorrel, mint, chives, thyme, cilantro, parsley, tarragon and dill, all from the garden, tossed with a few spring field greens, a drizzle of olive oil and a few flakes of sea salt.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »

I'd say i'm probably at about 70%. I still don't have my usual energy. But other than that I feel pretty decent. But i really need to do some hard core exercising. I hate the way i feel. Need to lose 10lbs.  So i would like to start biking a lot. But i don't know if i should push myself. Because i'm not sure i have the energy.

Although i did go biking with my niece today for over an hour. But it doesn't take much energy to do that even though i'm always moving. The speed just isn't fast enough to tire me out!

It is a good start without over doing it.  I finally went to the gym today.  I haven't had much exercise for the last 3 weeks.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2012, 06:15:01 PM »

Tomorrow for Mother's Day my mom is going to make pancakes! I love blueberry pancakes.

I just knew what my almost 3 year old niece would say. And she didn't disappoint.  "But i like french toast"

Your mother must enjoy making them.  I love blueberry buttermilk pancakes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2012, 06:15:50 PM »

Finished with work session one.  We ate first and discussed my problems with the act.  Then we came back and I had her run it as we did it before, sans the one song I knew was getting cut.  I made notes.  We're adding Lanny's great arrangement of Kickin' the Clouds Away/I Can't Be Bothered Now, and I was trying to figure out where that would come.  Basically after hearing the show again I was satisfied that the material and the point of the show is fine - all the set-ups are not right yet, and that's the biggest problem we have to deal with, the patter.  But other things were bothering me, mostly from a storytelling point of view - things just seemed out of place in the show order - for me, a show has to have clear forward momentum in terms of storytelling.  So, the last third of the show had one problematic song (great song, wrong place) that was making us go backward in terms of storytelling, and it just seemed wrong to me.  It took me an hour of futzing, but we made a new order, switching around four songs - that's what we'll start with tomorrow - no patter at all - just to make sure the song order feels good.  Then we'll go number to number and discuss exactly the function of each section of patter and how it has to set up the song and the point of it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »

Listening to the newly released complete soundtrack to Rosemary's Baby - I, of course, would have killed to do this, but I'm not tending to get the A titles from Paramount, something we're trying to address, since I prepaid for a lot of the transfer work done.  Lady in a Cage is fun, of course, but Rosemary's Baby, in addition to being something personal for me, would have sold very quickly.  It's great to have the score.  It's mono and from a variety of sources, but the stereo album rerecording is there, too, so you have the best of both worlds.

KevinH

« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »

I just got Unsung Musicals II and love it, especially the fab Liz Callaway singing "Run, Run, Run Cinderella!"

KevinH

« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »

I read something about "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" transferring to Broadway. I hope it's true. I'm disappointed I didn't get to see it.

KevinH

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2012, 06:31:47 PM »

Page 4?

KevinH

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »

At least we're in triple digits.

John G.

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2012, 06:35:15 PM »

Your mother must enjoy making them.  I love blueberry buttermilk pancakes.
What time should we show up?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »

I just got Unsung Musicals II and love it, especially the fab Liz Callaway singing "Run, Run, Run Cinderella!"
That's a great song. It made me get the "Foxy" recording, and nothing is quite at that level in the rest of the show.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2012, 06:36:43 PM »

Have you done a Johnny Mercer show, BK?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »

Oh, well, back to the paper. Up to page 14 of the rewrite. Slow, slow going.
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2012, 07:16:46 PM »

Listening to the newly released complete soundtrack to Rosemary's Baby - I, of course, would have killed to do this, but I'm not tending to get the A titles from Paramount, something we're trying to address, since I prepaid for a lot of the transfer work done.  Lady in a Cage is fun, of course, but Rosemary's Baby, in addition to being something personal for me, would have sold very quickly.  It's great to have the score.  It's mono and from a variety of sources, but the stereo album rerecording is there, too, so you have the best of both worlds.

Do you have the second CD release with all the Komeda demos on it?  Fascinating, but weird.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2012, 07:28:48 PM »

'night

John G.

« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2012, 07:35:48 PM »

Night, Jane.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2012, 07:56:49 PM »

When Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane worked together, they supposedly really didn't work together. They wrote separately but took joint credit on songs. Anybody know which of the men wrote the song "Love" that lena horne sings in "Ziegfeld Follies"?
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2012, 08:02:44 PM »

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2012, 08:21:56 PM »

UNDERPANTS!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

FJL

« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2012, 08:37:47 PM »

John G.

« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2012, 08:46:58 PM »

Hello, Sandra!
― Voltaire

John G.

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »

I must get back to the paper. Only on page 19.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2012, 08:49:44 PM »

But not before we get to page five.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2012, 08:49:57 PM »

Just a couple of more.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2012, 08:50:17 PM »

Where is everybody? Out living a life on a Saturday night?
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up