Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED WITH COLD SESAME NOODLES  (Read 55255 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED WITH COLD SESAME NOODLES
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2007, 04:51:57 PM »

I am not terribly sophisticated technically, so I would never do this. But if you so desire, and are willing to sign up for a free account, you can turn anything you have on CD into a ringtone for your mobile phone at phonezoo.com.

I'll bet some of our DRs could up with some creative uses of show tunes!

I have a program (and I had to buy a specific data cable, too) that can upload any .mp3 or .mid file as a ringtone for my cell phone!  That's why I wanted this particular phone.  Last year, when The Last Starfighter was part of a new musicals festival reading (it was fabulous!) in Issaquah, WA, I downloaded a couple of tracks from TLS original cast recording as a tribute to Fred and Skip! :) I also have a song of BK's on my phone (or is it Guy Haines singing??).  What I have now (and have had the longest) is the opening 30 or so seconds of the overture to Sondheim's Merrily We Roll Along.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #361 on: September 14, 2007, 04:52:55 PM »

Just want to let everyone I am on the mend.

I hopefully will be back next week sometime.

PS HAPPY B DAY SINGDAW!
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2007, 04:53:32 PM »

I spent all afternoon watching four episodes of BROTHERS & SISTERS. I haven't gotten to it yet, but it looks like the original pilot episode with Betty Buckley (in the role now played by Saly Field) is included in the set. That will be something to see.

Matt, which disc has the original pilot?  I want to add it to my Netflix queue, but only that disc, for now...I have 102 movies in my queue!!  I need to start watching them more quickly. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2007, 04:54:56 PM »

Glad to hear you are mending, Michael S.!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #364 on: September 14, 2007, 04:55:05 PM »

Good news DR Michael.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #365 on: September 14, 2007, 04:57:10 PM »

Well, just pick her up and give her a good hug and tell her Callie will be home soon!

Oh I've done that and will continue to do so.

Today was the first time Boo has spent so many hours alone since I got her.  I worked a little more than half a day.  Nadia told me I looked and sounded like I should be home sleeping, but I had things I had to do. I don't get paid sick leave anymore, so I had to get a few things done.

Cillaliz

« Reply #366 on: September 14, 2007, 04:58:38 PM »

close up!

Those are beautiful flowers....what are they?

Cillaliz

« Reply #367 on: September 14, 2007, 04:59:20 PM »

Just want to let everyone I am on the mend.

I hopefully will be back next week sometime.

PS HAPPY B DAY SINGDAW!

Continued healing vibes to DR Michael S, glad you are getting better

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #368 on: September 14, 2007, 05:00:22 PM »

close up!

Wonderful.  Just wonderful.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #369 on: September 14, 2007, 05:01:40 PM »

Mend well, Michael S!!

Ginny

« Reply #370 on: September 14, 2007, 05:03:21 PM »

Ginny, nice to see you here.  I have been thinking of you and Richard, and son Rob.  

Thank you, DR TCB.  It's pretty quiet right now - Richard has gone to Toledo to attend the funeral of a fellow seminarian tomorrow.  Those plans were already made and I think it will do him good to minister to someone else.  I thought about going with him, but decided that someone should be here.  Glad I did, because since he left we've received one flower arrangement, one food gift, and several phone calls.  Thanks to HHW for keeping me company.

Rob is in Cincinnati - yesterday and today were his last 2 days of his co-op job.  He just called from the Aronoff Center, where he and his girlfriend are attending a performance of Sleeping Beauty.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #371 on: September 14, 2007, 05:04:18 PM »

AND WE THINK THE NY CRITICS ARE TOUGH:

WND

Muslim terrorist leaders threatened to forcibly convert Britney Spears and Madonna to Islam and warned if they resist, their heads would be cut off for "spreading Satanic culture," according to a new book released today.

"If I meet these whores I will have the honor – I repeat, I will have the honor – to be the first one to cut the heads off Madonna and Britney Spears if they will keep spreading their satanic culture against Islam," said Muhammad Abdel-Al, spokesman and senior leader of the Popular Resistance Committees terror organization.

der Brucer

"...the first one to cut the heads off..."??

::)

FJL

« Reply #372 on: September 14, 2007, 05:04:51 PM »

George - thanks for downloading, and again, thanks for being there last summer.

George

« Reply #373 on: September 14, 2007, 05:05:14 PM »

This line just popped into my head, and I can't think of what play or movie it's from:  I suggest that you hold your breath...for a very...long...time.

Anyone?

Rings no bells, although I think I recall a line:

Why don't you take a very long walk...on a very short pier.

I've always liked the line from Sunday in the Park with George, "Why don't you walk into the river until your lungs fill up and you drown." ;D

George

« Reply #374 on: September 14, 2007, 05:05:44 PM »

George - thanks for downloading, and again, thanks for being there last summer.

No!  Thank YOU!! :-*

Tomovoz

« Reply #375 on: September 14, 2007, 05:07:15 PM »

The flowers are hybrid Waratahs. The waratah is the state floral emblem for New South Wales.  (it is too cold in this state - Victoria - for the "original" waratah to grow successfully in commercial quantities).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #376 on: September 14, 2007, 05:07:27 PM »

Yes, I know.  I also know that Callie may not be in the mood to play chase around the house or wrestle in the living room, so I'm sure there will be some spats.  Callie smells funny in more ways that one right now, believe me.  

Oh, I meant that Boo would be upset Callie doesn't smell right & might not be her usual affection self with Callie.

Cillaliz

« Reply #377 on: September 14, 2007, 05:08:18 PM »

Tonight I went to the store and bought all the fixings for a REAL malt - malted milk powder, chocolate, ice cream and I added the milk and vanilla extract and put it in the blender.  YUMMY!!! it was just like the malts my dad made on the annual Wizard of Oz night.   Chocolate malts, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. That was the menu every time The Wizard of Oz was on.

George

« Reply #378 on: September 14, 2007, 05:09:31 PM »

His reasoning ... IT is easily findable via Google (click on "reasoning").

But to save you the short time it took me to look up your question:

What did you make of Zero Mostel's performance in the Broadway production?  

I thought he was too American, and on film he never had the power he did in the theatre. I thought he was too fake, he was over the top in every film he did, and I didn't buy him. So I couldn't cast him, and I stuck by my decision and everybody hated me for it. But time, I think, has proven the film works.

I, too, agree with him, especially if his performance at the Tonys way back when  of "If I Were A Rich Man" is any indication of what he would have been like on film.

Thanks for the info.  I also agree.  He had a very good reason.  Some people are just not "movie" people, however fabulous they are on stage.

Tomovoz

« Reply #379 on: September 14, 2007, 05:10:39 PM »

Did I miss some news last week? Where is DR Edisauras?
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #380 on: September 14, 2007, 05:10:53 PM »

Oh, I meant that Boo would be upset Callie doesn't smell right & might not be her usual affection self with Callie.

;D  I know...

Cillaliz

« Reply #381 on: September 14, 2007, 05:11:44 PM »

Isn't Edi still moving and unpacking???

Jane

« Reply #382 on: September 14, 2007, 05:12:34 PM »

Colin's "cash crop" is beautiful.

George

« Reply #383 on: September 14, 2007, 05:14:09 PM »

Topic of the Day (before I forget):

In my CD player:  the soundtrack to "Hairspray" (I just finished it) and then the original Broadway cast recording.

In my DVD player:  Torchwood (series 1, part 1), "300" (from Netflix) and something else.  

On my DVR:  a whole bunch of episodes of a show called "Code LYOKO" for my friend Margo's daughter that I need to put on a videotape (they don't have cable to watch TV).

Jane

« Reply #384 on: September 14, 2007, 05:14:26 PM »

Michael S, thanks for stopping in with the good news.  I look forward to your return next week.  Continued HEALING VIBES!

Cillaliz

« Reply #385 on: September 14, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »

BB8 SPOILERS

OK, I'm back to liking the Donatos.  They did it.  It's pretty amazing that they were never kicked out and Danielle tying the record for vetos is great playing.  So, I'm glad they won.  I'm guessing they will give the money to Danielle.  I can't wait to see the reaction to Eric being America's player

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #386 on: September 14, 2007, 05:20:29 PM »

Back from a good rehearsal and a great dinner at the same Chinese restaurant.  I decided not to do full run today, but instead opted to start and stop and fix as we went.  It was the right thing to do and gave everyone a new sense of energy.  Tomorrow we'll do a full run.

I had the orange chicked and sesame noodles again - shared with Mr. Pearl and Miss Taylor.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #387 on: September 14, 2007, 05:20:36 PM »

Seems Winer is a Whiner.

der Brucer

A whiner? For pointing out that her words were taken out of order and turned into a good review when she gave a bad review? I'd say she should sue those people...
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

singdaw

« Reply #388 on: September 14, 2007, 05:22:53 PM »

DR Tomovoz, thanks for sharing the fruits of Colin's work....beautiful!

singdaw

« Reply #389 on: September 14, 2007, 05:23:14 PM »

Vegetables....friend, or foe?   ;)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20   Go Up