Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BEST PERFORMANCE BY A SLEEPING JEW  (Read 10358 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: BEST PERFORMANCE BY A SLEEPING JEW
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »

Did anyone who watched the Tonys last night, notice in one of the audience shots stage left with NPH; there was a man sitting there dressed in a South Sea native (?) outfit, with this big head behind him?

No I have not taken any drugs today!

That was a joke, Tom.  It was a guy dressed in LION KING attire, and the guy in back of him was fidgeting, trying to see over the headdress.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »

The best part of the gag was it wasn't overplayed--it was just happening in the background while NPH got the show into commercial.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2012, 04:23:44 PM »

There were two or three other similar "bits" throughout the show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2012, 04:24:27 PM »

Finished the Beck movie and watched the finale of Mad Men - which was merely okay and not much of a finale.  Do we now wait another two years for a new episode?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »

I liked all of the acceptance speeches with the EXCEPTION of all of those involved in P/B who spoke as though they were doing some great inspired work instead of a hack job on a classic.

AND the second man who spoke for CLYBOURNE PARK - pretentious and boring.....both of which I have been called.

I agree! Completely!

I am home. Seven hours of mixing and more tomorrow, My brain is fried, but it's sounding really good!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2012, 04:39:46 PM »

I liked all of the acceptance speeches with the EXCEPTION of all of those involved in P/B who spoke as though they were doing some great inspired work instead of a hack job on a classic.

AND the second man who spoke for CLYBOURNE PARK - pretentious and boring.....both of which I have been called.

I agree! Completely!

I am home. Seven hours of mixing and more tomorrow, My brain is fried, but it's sounding really good!

That's great.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2012, 04:44:55 PM »

Just watched the "Hairspray" number on YouTube. Yikes, some of the chorus dancers on the Corny Collins Show are larger than the Tracy. And blah.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »

Or the HAIRSPRAY number...there was absolutely no point for that.  Not that it was bad, but just completely unneccessary.

I think it's pretty cool that cruise ships are doing Broadway musicals. I think it would have been fine for them to mention the fact that Hairspray was currently on a ship. Or even to just quickly talk to the cast members. But to do the whole number ... and then leave out Bernadette Peters accepting her award or the In Memorium section. That makes no sense.

DR Jennifer, how did you miss the point of that atrocity" Royal Caribbean WAS ONE OF THE DAMNED SPONSORS of the Tony Awards! If they'd wanted to have an underwater ballet, CBS might have allowed it. Someone at Royal Caribbean said, hey! we do shows on our boats. We can sponsor this and let the Tony watchers know they can go on one of our cruises  and see a mediocre show as well as get mugged and rhrown overboard.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2012, 04:47:51 PM »

What was that about mugged and thrown overboard?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2012, 04:50:51 PM »

So, I gather  there's been some flack about the Great Audra's comments on getting raped every night.

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2012, 04:53:12 PM »

Did anyone who watched the Tonys last night, notice in one of the audience shots stage left with NPH; there was a man sitting there dressed in a South Sea native (?) outfit?

No I have not taken any drugs today!

I saw that and thought that it was supposed to be either some bit that for some reason didn't happen or an inside joke.

I saw it too

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2012, 04:56:27 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »

And you can click on that link....  :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2012, 04:58:09 PM »

So, I gather  there's been some flack about the Great Audra's comments on getting raped every night.

Really?  I thought that that part of her speech was pretty funny.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »

Really?  I thought that that part of her speech was pretty funny.
I did, too. It's what happens in the show.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2012, 05:20:49 PM »

Well, the phone interview didn't happen - I suppose it will be rescheduled and hopefully before I'm on my way to NY.  I suppose I'll get ready for the Jason and Faith show.

KevinH

« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2012, 05:21:24 PM »

I watched the Tony Awards this morning.  I enjoyed it for the most part.  Matthew Broderick looked like he didn't want to be there. I enjoyed the number from Once, but I don't think it necessarily showed how good the show is --I really liked it and might see it again when my friend comes from California in October.   I agree that Danny Burstein's number was better in person for some reason.

KevinH

« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »

I went to see Kristin Chenoweth last night --that's why I wasn't here for the Tony bash.   I know she's not the favorite of everyone here, but I really enjoyed her show.    She chose someone from the audience (actually she said that the young woman had been at her Philadelphia show and she almost picked her but didn't, so she was choosing her since she happened to be here ) to sing a duet of "For Good" (from Wicked) with her.  The singer's name was Lindsay --she was really great and got a standing ovation.  After she left the stage Kristin said "Note to self.  Don't have anyone on the stage who's better than you."

John G.

« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2012, 06:17:50 PM »

I went to see Kristin Chenoweth last night --that's why I wasn't here for the Tony bash.   I know she's not the favorite of everyone here, but I really enjoyed her show.    She chose someone from the audience (actually she said that the young woman had been at her Philadelphia show and she almost picked her but didn't, so she was choosing her since she happened to be here ) to sing a duet of "For Good" (from Wicked) with her.  The singer's name was Lindsay --she was really great and got a standing ovation.  After she left the stage Kristin said "Note to self.  Don't have anyone on the stage who's better than you."
I would have liked to see her. Sounds like fun.
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2012, 06:18:44 PM »

Hey, y'all!  Sorry to be E&T, but I blah, blah, blah--I don't really have any good excuse...
quote]

((((((Dan the Man!!!!!))))))
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2012, 06:20:05 PM »

I don't know how I did that.   Anyway, Let's try this again! ((((((((Dan the Man))))))))  So good to see you!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2012, 06:22:49 PM »

Have to do a phone interview in an hour.
  So did you hire the phone? :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2012, 06:23:53 PM »

Well, the phone interview didn't happen - I suppose it will be rescheduled and hopefully before I'm on my way to NY.  I suppose I'll get ready for the Jason and Faith show.
  Oh, I didn't see this.  I guess the phone didn't get the job after all.  :(
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »

This morning I had errands to do before my audiology appointment.  Now I have to get used to the changes.  Until I get used to them I don't know if this is an improvement or not.  I think it is.

~~~Improvement Vibes for DR Jane!!~~~
  Ditto!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »

Speaking of wildlife........

While driving home up our dirt road today I suddenly slammed on my brakes and stopped.  On the edge of the road was a rather small fawn.  I left my car parked on the road & walked up to our house.  Keith had heard me and was walking down our driveway to see if there was a problem.  I asked him to get the orange cones we have to put around the fawn so cars wouldn't run over it.

I put one cone down & when he walked up to do the second one the fawn got up and wobbled (as young ones do) over towards me.  Finally he went to off into the brush so we left.

Years ago Echo found a fawn & I read that mother deer do leave their fawns for lengthy periods.  They blend into the brush so well they are usually safe.  I hope this one is.
  Me too!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2012, 06:31:11 PM »

After she left the stage Kristin said "Note to self.  Don't have anyone on the stage who's better than you."

:)

Jane

« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2012, 06:31:42 PM »

This morning I had errands to do before my audiology appointment.  Now I have to get used to the changes.  Until I get used to them I don't know if this is an improvement or not.  I think it is.

~~~Improvement Vibes for DR Jane!!~~~
  Ditto!

Thank you.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2012, 06:32:25 PM »

While driving home up our dirt road today I suddenly slammed on my brakes and stopped.  On the edge of the road was a rather small fawn.  I left my car parked on the road & walked up to our house.  Keith had heard me and was walking down our driveway to see if there was a problem.  I asked him to get the orange cones we have to put around the fawn so cars wouldn't run over it.

I put one cone down & when he walked up to do the second one the fawn got up and wobbled (as young ones do) over towards me.  Finally he went to off into the brush so we left.

Years ago Echo found a fawn & I read that mother deer do leave their fawns for lengthy periods.  They blend into the brush so well they are usually safe.  I hope this one is.
  Me too!

I went out with Craig to the lake for a nice walk.  We didn't see the fawn on the road which I hope is a good thing.

Danise

« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2012, 06:40:37 PM »

I have to say that I believe that the hypnotherapy is working.  I feel better inside and don't feel like I'm on the edge of losing it like I did.

I had my performance eval today (that one that was due back in December).  I didn't expect it to be good and it wasn't but I didn't lose my temper.  I listened to 2 of the sessions at lunch and they kept me calm. 

The thing I like about Joseph is how he keeps posting new free coaching and hypnotherapy sessions yet doesn't charge for them.  He just wants to help.  I've been "talking" to him via Twitter/email/his board and he seems a really nice young man with a good and caring heart. 

I had a surprise today when someone mentioned that I seem to have changed since I came back--for the better.  I blame Joseph Clough.  :)  I'm so glad I found that free app in the Android Store.  It's also for the iPhone in case anyone wants to give it a try.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »

Me too!

I went out with Craig to the lake for a nice walk.  We didn't see the fawn on the road which I hope is a good thing.
  I was amazed at how many deer there were in Pittsburgh the last couple of times I went there.  We came around a bend and there was a huge buck in someones yard!  I thought it was fake until I saw it move.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up