Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION  (Read 51738 times)

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
Re:IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION
« Reply #330 on: May 15, 2007, 09:32:16 PM »

Also, just checking in for a moment, and saying "GOODNIGHT" to the assembled lovelies.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #331 on: May 15, 2007, 09:33:32 PM »

Sooooooo..... I guess this is a

.......Page 12  Lullaby Dance......

(whatever the hell that is !!)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #332 on: May 15, 2007, 09:37:33 PM »

And I cannot be convinced that the lowering of gas prices that occured just as we were voting last time was a coincidence...cause they went right back up aftewards.

Not that I am a conspiracy theorist or anything...but really, now.

Gasoline prices are always higher in the summer months - the demand is at a yearly peak and the government regulations dictate a more expensive gasoline formulation.

Come fall, the demand drops, cheaper formualtions are marketed, and retail costs go down - all without benefit of conspiracy.

For the 2006 election, the worldwide price of crude did a large slide from July to October thanks to OPEC (them fereners). After the market bottomed out, the Arabs decided to help pull the price back up and cut back on production - crude went up and gas prices rose - without any help from a US conspiracy.

And it should be noted that gasoline prices do not follow a national conspiracy pattern. Retail gasoline prices here in DE are LOWER today than they were a year ago! You guys in WA and CA are paying about 50 cents a gallon more at the pump than do I in Delaware or my daughter in MD.

We still have not reached the annual inflation adjusted prices set in 1980 ( but we will if prices stay where they are).

der Brucer  
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #333 on: May 15, 2007, 09:41:49 PM »

Opinion... How would you view this...

Today at work they brought some foodstuff over from a retreat the librarians had and the staff was invited to partake. I slipped to the back and made a sandwich and a bowl of fruit for my lunch.

I started to put some fruit in a bowl and one woman threatened to stab me with a fork if i touched the fruit. She thought she was being cute but I was not amused. I reported this to her super and to mine.. My super was not too concerned but it truly bothered me. She could have suggested it in another way than threatening me with a fork. How would you read this?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #334 on: May 15, 2007, 09:42:23 PM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones for Danise.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #335 on: May 15, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »

I'm on DVD number two for the evening, although I won't be finishing it tonight.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #336 on: May 15, 2007, 09:55:24 PM »

Lots of Tony predictions in the LA Times:

And the Tony Award nominees will be …

Contender: "Grey Gardens" opened to glowing notices for star Christine Ebersole.
(Newsday

One to beat: "The Coast of Utopia," about revolutionary and romantic politics in 19th century Russia starring Ethan Hawke, is a likely Tony nominee.
(Newsday)

Frontrunner: Vanessa Redgrave, who portrays Joan Didion in "The Year of Magical Thinking," looks like a lock for a Tony nomination.
(Brigitte Lacombe / AP)

der Brucer

Grey GArdens and Coast of Utopia look good...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #337 on: May 15, 2007, 09:55:51 PM »

Vibes and strength for Danise!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #338 on: May 15, 2007, 10:00:06 PM »

Congrats to DakotaCelt on her grades!!

Thank you George!!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #339 on: May 15, 2007, 10:04:56 PM »

JUST IN!

FINAL CASTING FOR THE FULL MONTY REVIVAL:

der Brucer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #340 on: May 15, 2007, 10:06:14 PM »

Well, I guess since she only threatened and didn't hurt you, no one else thinks it is a big deal. Believe me, I understand.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #341 on: May 15, 2007, 10:07:10 PM »

I think you did the right thing reporting the threat, by the way.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #342 on: May 15, 2007, 10:07:46 PM »

Vibes to Ginny's DS!!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #343 on: May 15, 2007, 10:07:50 PM »

I started to put some fruit in a bowl and one woman threatened to stab me with a fork if i touched the fruit. She thought she was being cute but I was not amused. I reported this to her super and to mine.. My super was not too concerned but it truly bothered me. She could have suggested it in another way than threatening me with a fork. How would you read this?

What message do you think she was attempting to send?

Your "being cute" suggests the women was simply having a bit of fun.

der Brucer

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #344 on: May 15, 2007, 10:08:11 PM »

Tomorrow my friend and I are going to see the plastic bodies at the science museum.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #345 on: May 15, 2007, 10:10:29 PM »

I was bothered by it and I debated for several hours after it happened to say anything. If she was 'trying to be cute by pulling that stunt' it did nto work. In this day and age with all the violence in work places, it is not the thing to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #346 on: May 15, 2007, 10:11:45 PM »

I let things slide quite often becuase sometimes it is best but it gets to a point where 'curt' remarks and putdowns and veiled threats need to end.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #347 on: May 15, 2007, 10:12:26 PM »

Was she trying to claim the fruit for herself?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #348 on: May 15, 2007, 10:16:52 PM »

Stupid question here...

Are Jean Stapleton and Maureen Stapleton related?  or do they just have the coincidence of the same last name?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #349 on: May 15, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »

Was she trying to claim the fruit for herself?

That is what I am wondering but it did not have her name on it. She is one of several in the library who feel since I work at night, I should not have teh privilege of having stuff like this. The Interim director invited me to have some.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #350 on: May 15, 2007, 10:21:56 PM »

Was not a fan of Falwell at all... The guy scared me!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #351 on: May 15, 2007, 10:22:32 PM »

Vibes to DR Laura to get rid of her kinks from talking on her cellphone!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #352 on: May 15, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »

IDIOLECT:

Here is my interpretation
Celtoidi

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #353 on: May 15, 2007, 10:28:16 PM »

Here are the ABC cancellations, straight out of the VARIETY story:

Gone are "According to Jim," "George Lopez," "Knights of Prosperity," "Big Day," "Daybreak," "The Nine," "Help Me Help You," "In Case of Emergency," "Six Degrees" and "What About Brian."

A few of I have never seen... I was not a fan of According to Jim or George Lopez...

Knights of Prosperity I thought had a promising premise but quickly fizzled as did Six Degrees.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #354 on: May 15, 2007, 10:28:31 PM »

Tomorrow my friend and I are going to see the plastic bodies at the science museum.

Why not go to the morgue and see the real thing 8)

der Brucer

I mean, really, would you go to a museum to see plastic birds ;)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2007, 10:31:20 PM »

Stupid question here...

Are Jean Stapleton and Maureen Stapleton related?  or do they just have the coincidence of the same last name?

Coincidence.

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2007, 10:31:58 PM »

Hi all.

If I ever needed those famous HHW vibes, it is now.

I got here from work and was told that Mom may not make it though the night.  If she does, she won't last but a day or two.  All the signs they tell you about are there so I don't doubt it this time.

Forgive me but I won't be posting for a few days.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  You are such a wonderful group of people.  No one could ask for a better group of friends.

Much love,
Danise

((hugs))

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #357 on: May 15, 2007, 10:35:25 PM »

DerBrucer, DBF and I have been carpooling so far this week since he is finishing his research at the university and I work at the library we chose to save money that way.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #358 on: May 15, 2007, 10:41:13 PM »

I have not driven my car since Sunday when I returned from my parents!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #359 on: May 15, 2007, 10:42:12 PM »

DerBrucer, DBF and I have been carpooling so far this week since he is finishing his research at the university and I work at the library we chose to save money that way.

The Good Citizen Gods smile upon you!

der brucer
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up