Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DODO BIRD  (Read 47370 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE DODO BIRD
« Reply #330 on: February 13, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »

We have been so busy researching missing classmates for our reunion, and raising a puppy we don’t even have Valentine’s Day cards for each other.  Considering all the times Keith was traveling, though I did get roses on those occasions, we are just happy to be together on the 14th of each February, or any other day.

Cillaliz

« Reply #331 on: February 13, 2007, 07:33:12 PM »

Valentine's day used to be very hard for me when I wasn't in a relationshp, I got over that a long time ago.

I did have some good Valentine's Days, but for the life of me, I don't remember any details

Cillaliz

« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2007, 07:37:40 PM »

SPOILER ALERT FOR WHO MADE IT IN THE BEST IN SHOW COMPETITION

Akita,
Dandy Dinmont,
Toy Poodle,
Standard Poodle,.
English Springer Spaniel
PBGV
Bouviers

The sequestered Best in Show Judge has entered the building....he said "This is beyond my wildest dreams" the suspense is killing me...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 07:41:46 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #333 on: February 13, 2007, 07:38:02 PM »

Keith has been enjoying reading many of the bio’s of classmates he has found.  Just tonight he believes he found our classmate Richard Elfman, if only he hadn’t been camera shy back then we could compare the then and now photos.

Possibly Bruce, or any DR can tell me how to contact the director Richard Elfman, brother of Danny & father-in-law of Jenna, to let him know, if he is the same Richard Elfman, his 40th class reunion will be on April 14th.

Jane

« Reply #334 on: February 13, 2007, 07:39:10 PM »

Cilla-You forgot to post SPOILER!  I avoided reading just in time.

Cillaliz

« Reply #335 on: February 13, 2007, 07:40:48 PM »

Cilla-You forgot to post SPOILER!  I avoided reading just in time.

SORRY, I'll fix it. That isn't the winning order, just the dogs in it

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #336 on: February 13, 2007, 07:43:45 PM »

Still no call.  I'm beginning to think eight is a dream.  I can't last much longer than that, however.  If I haven't heard by seven-forty-five, I'll call her cell and see what's up.  It's this guy - he has been a jerk since the day she broke up with him.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #337 on: February 13, 2007, 07:44:01 PM »

Will we never get to page thirteen?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #338 on: February 13, 2007, 07:44:25 PM »

I'm soooo hungry.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #339 on: February 13, 2007, 07:44:50 PM »

In fact, I'm getting a headache.  I was trying to watch a DVD but couldn't concentrate.

Cillaliz

« Reply #340 on: February 13, 2007, 07:46:38 PM »

Sounds like you need to eat a little something

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #341 on: February 13, 2007, 07:51:39 PM »

I just heard from Jessica - she's five minutes away.  Dinner, here we come!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #342 on: February 13, 2007, 07:53:26 PM »

I just heard from Jessica - she's five minutes away.  Dinner, here we come!

Have you decided where to eat?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #343 on: February 13, 2007, 08:01:11 PM »

Best in show is over    :)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #344 on: February 13, 2007, 08:02:08 PM »

DuPars?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #345 on: February 13, 2007, 08:27:28 PM »

Sometime during the day of Thursday, FedEx will deliver my plasma HDTV.

If it's early enough in the day, I will be watching something in high definition Thursday evening.  Will it be "Ugly Betty"?  Will it be "Survivor"?  Will it be "Smallville"?

It won't be SURVIVOR. It isn't broadcast in high def. The other two you mentioned are and both look glorious in HD.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #346 on: February 13, 2007, 08:34:02 PM »

I just bought the nicest outfit for valentines day!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Matt H.

« Reply #347 on: February 13, 2007, 08:37:05 PM »

I have seen STEEL MAGNOLIAS on stage many times, and I prefer the screen version. I LIKE the addition of the men and their interaction with their ladies. And I think the movie is smashing. It never fails to make me laugh out loud and weep in grief and later exhilaration.

As a born and bred Southerner, I know there are as many Southern accents and dialects as there are British ones, and Dukakis sounded fine to me.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #348 on: February 13, 2007, 08:37:23 PM »

It rained in patches here with full sunlight shining through the clouds...one of the eeriest things I have ever seen.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Matt H.

« Reply #349 on: February 13, 2007, 08:41:09 PM »

I began my evening of viewing by popping THE KING AND I back into the player. This new transfer is really gorgeous though I think Fox cheated a little by shaving off the sides of the frame. The framing doesn't look quite right in "Getting to Know You." I don't think my TV's overscan is a problem.

Matt H.

« Reply #350 on: February 13, 2007, 08:44:14 PM »

I liked IDOL, but I'm always frustrated by the Hollywood rounds because they're just TOO abbreviated. We have decent singers, and we want to hear them sing. And we only hear a small, small sample of those who go through.

The producers are very canny, however, in continuing certain stories from the audition rounds: the kid whose parents didn't support him, the Navy guy, the Indian brother and sister, the best friends, etc. Some of them make it and some of them don't, but the do get you wrapped up in following their stories.

Of course, for the ones that make it, they've had these two or three very special sequences to be featured while others that make it are barely seen at all. I've always felt those people start with a disadvantage once the public starts voting.

Matt H.

« Reply #351 on: February 13, 2007, 08:46:05 PM »

HOUSE had a compelling story of a teenager who had no pain threshold. GREY'S ANATOMY featured a similar story last season. Still, despite some familiarity with this anomoly, the episode was good.

Funny, the guy that Dr. Cuddy had the blind date with was the same guy playing the writer/director on STUDIO 60 that Harriet Hayes is interested in.

Matt H.

« Reply #352 on: February 13, 2007, 08:48:26 PM »

And I did watch STUDIO 60 when I went back down (before I put in THE KING AND I). It was a very banal episode that kept flashing back to Matt's first year with the show and his first meeting with Harriet. All the jumping back and forth in time was irritating since the story being told wasn't really especially interesting.

Steven Weber (my favorite STUDIO 60 character) didn't appear at all this week, and the whole episode just seemed feeble.

And the ratings were down again last night as well. The writing's on the wall for this show.

Matt H.

« Reply #353 on: February 13, 2007, 08:51:01 PM »

I finished the evening with DIRT, a diverting episode that tied up a couple of storylines (the gay action hero and the incestuous preacher-daughter story) and let others start or continue.

This is definitely a guilty pleasure.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #354 on: February 13, 2007, 09:02:17 PM »

Well...  I've been up since 6:00 (Central Time), and it has been a long day for me... And since I have an audition tomorrow... :)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #355 on: February 13, 2007, 09:04:49 PM »

I liked IDOL, but I'm always frustrated by the Hollywood rounds because they're just TOO abbreviated. We have decent singers, and we want to hear them sing. And we only hear a small, small sample of those who go through.

The producers are very canny, however, in continuing certain stories from the audition rounds: the kid whose parents didn't support him, the Navy guy, the Indian brother and sister, the best friends, etc. Some of them make it and some of them don't, but the do get you wrapped up in following their stories.

Of course, for the ones that make it, they've had these two or three very special sequences to be featured while others that make it are barely seen at all. I've always felt those people start with a disadvantage once the public starts voting.

AI TALK AHEAD....

I really would have loved to see more of that one men's sequence with the beat-boxer.  But I'm glad they showed what they did.

However... I did see the ad for the new Idol videos and ringtones for your cellphone... of the BAD auditions?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #356 on: February 13, 2007, 09:08:51 PM »

AI TALK AHEAD....

I really would have loved to see more of that one men's sequence with the beat-boxer.  But I'm glad they showed what they did.

That group really had it together, and, like you, I would like to have heard the whole thing that brought the audience and judges to their feet. It wouldn't surprise me not to see all four of those guys in the semifinals.

Matt H.

« Reply #357 on: February 13, 2007, 09:09:16 PM »

Now, I'm heading off to bed.

Good night!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #358 on: February 13, 2007, 09:12:14 PM »

On the playground today, the Bucket Chase Gang (Brandon, Brody, Stephen, and Dominick) put down their buckets to dig in the sand. They told me they were going to dig up a buried treasure. They worked on that for a long time while Kayla and Trevor and I had some other digging projects underway. I would check up on them every once in a while and ask if they'd found that treaure yet. They always said no. Then all of a sudden, they said they were digging up a dinosaur. The teacher said they had very active imaginations and kept on doing whatever she was doing. They got so excited about this dinosaur they were digging up that I had to go see what was going on.

Lo and behold, about six inches down in the sand I could see the top part of a plastic triceratops. All ten of them gathered around the hole and we all worked together to finish digging up the dinosaur. They were SO excited about it. I have no idea how it got there.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #359 on: February 13, 2007, 09:13:49 PM »

And then at lunch, Shayla, one of the four-year-olds, came in to eat with us. She remembered the last time she ate with us when I ate a plate. She didn't believe me when I said I would eat it and was completely blown away when I did. She was really excited about it today. She said to the teacher, "Guess what? If we eat our green beans, Cassandra will eat her plate!"

The teacher hasn't been a part of this little deal we have going because, somehow, I don't think she'd appreciate it. We only discuss the plate-eating after she's left the room to watch the kindergarteners on the playground. So she didn't know what Shayla was talking about and thought she was making it all up.

Well, she didn't believe them about the dinosaur either.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up