Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ROLLERCOASTER  (Read 25962 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:ROLLERCOASTER
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2005, 05:18:05 PM »

But there ain't nothin' better than a properly made Toll House Cookie with chocolate chips and pecans.
Bullsheep (or, if you prefer, "Ram This!").  A properly made Toll House Cookie is made with chocolate chips and walnuts.

And a bit of molasses, to give the cookie a chewier chew.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2005, 05:23:15 PM »

WOW!  Dr Allen Josephs just sent me an email with the subject: "FINALLY!! A safe canned tuna with an oustanding taste!"

I don't think I will open that email.
It does sound, well, fishy.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2005, 05:31:51 PM »

"ALL IN THE FAMILY was recorded live before a studio audience"

After a certain the season was not filmed in front of a studio audience. But the complete show was the shown to a studio audience for live responses.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2005, 05:35:33 PM »

Can someone post the site and the codes for the dvd site having the sale.
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2005, 05:35:48 PM »

I put in my work schedule request today.

I asked my supervisors to put me on duty Thanksgiving Day.

Otherwise, der Brucer and I will have to spend Thanksgiving with his daughter and her family.

And we will have to eat her food.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO![/size][/move]

Or, if you prefer,

[size=2)]BLECHHH!!!!![/size]

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2005, 05:38:05 PM »

I have made chili in anticipation of der Brucer's return from visiting the grandlads.  I included lots of bell peppers this time, red and orange and yellow and green.  It looks quite colorful.

8)

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2005, 05:40:40 PM »

Is it a bad thing to eat an ice cream sundae while watching  "The Biggest Loser?"

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2005, 05:43:40 PM »

During her concert, Dolly Parton was very excited about singing with Elton John at the CMAs tonight

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2005, 05:45:24 PM »

And I have a turkey roasting in the oven.  It's basically there so we can have lots of leftovers.  Der Brucer loves roasted meats.

Tomorrow, on my day off, I'm hoping to get him to go grocery shopping with me.  I've got a coupon from the store worth 20% off the total purchase, and it's a good time to stock up on everything.  Any closer to Thanksgiving (the expiration date on the coupon) and we'll be facing the Thanksgiving crowds.  They're starting to show up already, as it is!  (And today we clerks also had to deal with Full Moon Shoppers, who are unbelievably rude.  Yuck.)

Danise

« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2005, 05:45:35 PM »

Evening folks!  I would tell you what I would do if I had unlimited money to do so but I think you would find it silly.  

DR Ginny beat me to the HHW center in NY.  

I also meant to tell you that I still won't believe that there is a such thing as snow until I see it for with my own eyes! I still say that it's just powdered sugar.  Bah, humbug!  ;) :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 05:49:54 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2005, 05:46:05 PM »

During her concert, Dolly Parton was very excited about singing with Elton John at the CMAs tonight
And you could tell by her breathing exercises, right?

ZAFTIG!!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2005, 05:47:14 PM »

Is it a bad thing to eat an ice cream sundae while watching  "The Biggest Loser?"
Not if the sundae is made with soy ice cream.

::)

:o

:P

;D

Danise

« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2005, 05:48:13 PM »

Can someone post the site and the codes for the dvd site having the sale.

www.deepdiscountdvd.com

Code:  supersale
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2005, 05:48:52 PM »

The sale ends on 11/19/2005
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 05:50:25 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2005, 05:54:18 PM »

Danise, Keith say hi.  :)

Jed

« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2005, 05:54:23 PM »

DR Jason - You've popped into my mind a number of times over the past few days at work.  One of my co-worker's last name is Chakkalakkal, which invariably makes me think, "Shakalaka, baby!" :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Danise

« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2005, 05:55:08 PM »

DR Jane, Tell Keith I said "Hi" right back to him!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

td

• td
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2005, 05:55:10 PM »

Did Ms Parton do a strong selection of the songs on her current cd, THOSE WERE THE DAYS?  It's a cd which has rarely left my cd player since it came out. . .love her and Cat Stevens doing "Where do the Children Play?"
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2005, 05:55:55 PM »

Jane - say "Hi" to Keith! (You can tell him it's from me, or from Dixie Bell).   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2005, 05:57:27 PM »

Okay Danise & td.

td Keith says hi back and to Dixie Belle.  The poor guy really misses having a dog.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2005, 06:01:17 PM »

I did enjoy seeing pictures in the TV GUIDE in 3-D using the glasses a lot of fun.

My eyes hurt after a few seconds.  I'm not looking forward to this.

Vixmom-LOL-I'm rushing out now.  I used to have 3d glasses around here but since I'm not allowed to save junk anymore they have been long gone.

Danise

« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2005, 06:06:46 PM »

DR Ben, tell DP Ant that I watched "Bones" tonight and the one who turned out to be the bad guy had a cane that I swear looked just like the one Barnabas had--a silver wolf's head!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2005, 06:07:43 PM »

Good night to one and all!  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2005, 06:18:45 PM »

And you could tell by her breathing exercises, right?

ZAFTIG!!!!

LOL! Actually she said it, but she did look straight down at the mic and said "HELLO....Hello......hello, boy! that sounds like the Grand Canyon"

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2005, 06:24:21 PM »

Did Ms Parton do a strong selection of the songs on her current cd, THOSE WERE THE DAYS?  It's a cd which has rarely left my cd player since it came out. . .love her and Cat Stevens doing "Where do the Children Play?"

Yes, she started the concert with "Those Were The Days" and also did "Blowin in the Wind", "Where Have All the Flowers Gone", "Me and Bobby McGee", "Crimson and Clover", "Turn, Turn, Turn", "If I Were A Carpenter", "Both Sides Now" and ended with "Imagine"

Of course she said she wasn't protesting anything, they were just songs she liked and wanted to have for herself....I don't buy that for a minute, but whatever, the very conservative crowd ate it up and even swayed back and forth with lighters here and there during Imagine. It was quite an interesting site. She sang for 90 minutes. It was great.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2005, 06:33:42 PM »

This afternoon, several hours after I intended, I finally got a break from dealing with the remodel problems and ran took care of a few errands.  Which meant I finally stayed in the car long enough to listen to THE LAST STARFIGHTER. :D :D :D

While I was out I happened to see a cute winter jacket.  I have only been looking for a cute winter jacket for YEARS.  This might not be warm enough but it is cute, comfortable & I love the color.

MBarnum

« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2005, 06:40:32 PM »

Linda Purl - oh my she was involved with that "Black Market Baby"!

Oh, my golly! All day today I was trying to think of what movies I knew Linda Purl from (I always mix her up with Linda Blair for some reason)...and BLACK MARKET BABY is the one I remember seeing on TV when I was a kid! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2005, 06:42:50 PM »

Another Question.

Those that have been to the Museum of Broadcasting do you know if you can do research and look up all the tv or radio appearances of an actor or actress?

No. I found their collection to be very small. You can look for TV shows to watch...but the collection is not what I thought it would be....and looking up ALLISON HAYES I found....nothing!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 06:43:13 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2005, 06:50:08 PM »

Woohoo! I got a nice box of goodies from Oldies.com including CDs by The Orlons and The Dovells!  ;D

Ben

« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2005, 07:00:29 PM »

Michael Shayne, as Michael Barnum mentioned, you can't really do much research at the Museum of Television and Radio. The database only lists performances which are in the collection. It is not a complete database. It's a good place but it is woefully underfunded. Earlier this year they had to make cutbacks in staff and hours (IIRC). It's a musuem of television and radio but the computer system, even though it's Mac, is old and somewhat decrepit. I am always disappointed that the broadcast and cable television networks don't do more to support this archive. It's in a great building on 52nd Street between 5th and 6th Avenues but only because of the efforts of William Paley. If the organization had not had his support I don't know what kind of facility they would have. Even though I don't watch much television anymore I think this kind of archive/museum is an important part of American culture. They should have access to much more material and they should have much more cutting edge technology. Basically, once you find the program you want to watch, you sit in front of a television while a tape is put into a VCR. So much more could be done with DVDs and better computer systems and televisions. Oh, well. It's all a matter of funding and they don't have much other than what Paley left in his will.

I will now step down from my soapbox.

Danise, I will tell Anthony about Bones.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up