Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: YOUR STUNT C**K IS HERE  (Read 20955 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: YOUR STUNT C**K IS HERE
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2009, 08:22:02 PM »

That was wise & nice of Twitter.

As for Letterman I think he should have apologized no matter which daughter the joke was about.  After all Bristol was 17 when she got "knocked up".  Even if she was 18 the joke was inappropriate.  As far as I know Alex Rodriguez is keeping quiet regarding.  Palin made her point and now I think she should be quiet on the subject.

David Letterman did apologize for his "tasteless comment".  In fact, he devoted a whole segment to his apology.

But then came Sarah Palin's interview on "The Today Show" with Matt Lauer... And on... And on... And on...

Yep. Playing the victim can be a lucrative (in terms of sentiment) for her, and I'm sure she'll exploit it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2009, 08:22:14 PM »

Page Nine Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2009, 08:24:49 PM »

I was so thrilled to get through all of the episodes in the LOST set. I thought I'd only get up to the last one, but I actually had time to get them all done.

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: June 15, 2009, 08:25:43 PM »

As for Letterman I think he should have apologized no matter which daughter the joke was about.  After all Bristol was 17 when she got "knocked up".  Even if she was 18 the joke was inappropriate.  As far as I know Alex Rodriguez is keeping quiet regarding.  Palin made her point and now I think she should be quiet on the subject.

David Letterman did apologize for his "tasteless comment".  In fact, he devoted a whole segment to his apology.

But then came Sarah Palin's interview on "The Today Show" with Matt Lauer... And on... And on... And on...

Yep. Playing the victim can be a lucrative (in terms of sentiment) for her, and I'm sure she'll exploit it.

So it's fine to trash a woman, call her a slut when she's happily married and make outrageous sexual comments about her children all because you don't agree with her politics.  Gee, what's wrong with an Obama monkey joke or two then.  I sure don't see the difference.

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »

There were so many great moments in the second season. I lot of people were down on the show during Season 2, but rewatching it these past two days, it's equally as good as the Emmy-winning Season One.

Matt H.

« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2009, 08:28:49 PM »

So it's fine to trash a woman, call her a slut when she's happily married and make outrageous sexual comments about her children all because you don't agree with her politics.  Gee, what's wrong with an Obama monkey joke or two then.  I sure don't see the difference.

I didn't say Letterman was right. But she could accept or not accept the apology and drop it. She won't. This kind of person never does.

Matt H.

« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2009, 08:31:54 PM »

Tomorrow I have the last disc of bonus features to get through. I suspect it'll take all afternoon.

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: June 15, 2009, 08:35:36 PM »

Then, I ended my evening watching THE CLOSER.

The episode was fine, but the surprise was spoiled somewhat because of who was cast as the chauffeur. Naturally I recognized Miguel Sandoval's voice on the phone so the game was given away to a certain extent.

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: June 15, 2009, 08:37:38 PM »

I didn't say Letterman was right. But she could accept or not accept the apology and drop it. She won't. This kind of person never does.

He clearly didn't mean a word of his apology so I don't blame her for not accepting it.  He's trashed her in ways that are extremely demeaning to women since she first started running.  come to think about it, he's always been demeaning to women.  I think it's about time someone called him on it

Matt H.

« Reply #249 on: June 15, 2009, 08:48:23 PM »

He clearly didn't mean a word of his apology so I don't blame her for not accepting it.  He's trashed her in ways that are extremely demeaning to women since she first started running.  come to think about it, he's always been demeaning to women.  I think it's about time someone called him on it

If that's your story, then you stick to it!

Matt H.

« Reply #250 on: June 15, 2009, 08:48:56 PM »

And now I'm heading downstairs to bed.

Good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: June 15, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »

If that's your story, then you stick to it!

It is and I will... :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: June 15, 2009, 08:50:56 PM »

Good night Matt.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #253 on: June 15, 2009, 08:55:09 PM »

Seriously?  You don't see the difference between a slur made because of loose morals and the racism in your remark about Obama and monkeys?

I'd love a go at your argument in a courtroom.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #254 on: June 15, 2009, 08:58:19 PM »

I can count on 1 finger the amount of times I have watched David Letterman, on purpose. I always found him rather smarmy.

I guess I should see what all the hubub is between he and Palin.

Cillaliz

« Reply #255 on: June 15, 2009, 08:59:36 PM »

Seriously?  You don't see the difference between a slur made because of loose morals and the racism in your remark about Obama and monkeys?

Well, if he was her boss and he talked about her dressing like a slutty stewardess, and made the comments about her that he has made for months, seems to me that's a slam dunk sexual harassment case.   So, no, I don't see the difference.

Laura

« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2009, 08:59:53 PM »

I wouldn't even bother.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2009, 09:00:40 PM »

I wouldn't even bother.

:)

Laura

« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2009, 09:01:46 PM »

Why reward such behavior with higher ratings?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2009, 09:06:40 PM »

There's actually a campaign going to get him fired, but I think that just gives him publicity and highter ratings. I'm not joining it, I'm just not going to watch

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2009, 09:07:01 PM »

Well, if he was her boss and he talked about her dressing like a slutty stewardess, and made the comments about her that he has made for months, seems to me that's a slam dunk sexual harassment case.   So, no, I don't see the difference.

I know you're a huge Palin admirer.  Frankly,  I don't get it.  She's had her 15 minutes and I wouldn't put money on her being able to overcome it.

If folks are free to wear what they want to wear when they want to wear it and where they want to wear  it, others certainly have the freedom to speak up and out about how the perceive that mode of dress. 

I cannot understand how you don't see a difference between someone being called a slutty dresser -- which is a value judgement based on moral choices -- and the blatant racism of equating President Obama with a monkey.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »

So...

I wonder how the reading of Nudie is going?  They should be at intermission by now, or just about to start the second act.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2009, 09:10:17 PM »

There's actually a campaign going to get him fired, but I think that just gives him publicity and highter ratings. I'm not joining it, I'm just not going to watch

The so-called campaign sounds like a joke.  A sad one at that.

I can guarantee you Letterman will pick up tens of thousands of viewers he never had before.

Cillaliz

« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »

Well, if he was her boss and he talked about her dressing like a slutty stewardess, and made the comments about her that he has made for months, seems to me that's a slam dunk sexual harassment case.   So, no, I don't see the difference.

I know you're a huge Palin admirer.  Frankly,  I don't get it.  She's had her 15 minutes and I wouldn't put money on her being able to overcome it.

If folks are free to wear what they want to wear when they want to wear it and where they want to wear  it, others certainly have the freedom to speak up and out about how the perceive that mode of dress. 

I cannot understand how you don't see a difference between someone being called a slutty dresser -- which is a value judgement based on moral choices -- and the blatant racism of equating President Obama with a monkey.

It has nothing to do with what I think of Palin.  I don't adore her or anything, I liked her, but nothing like the blind worship of Obama that was so prevelant around the country. I do think she got a bum rap.  David Letterman's comments about Palin have always been sexist.  I don't see the difference between sexist remarks about a female politician and racist remarks about an African American politician.  That's my point. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2009, 09:16:49 PM »

I can guarantee you Letterman will pick up tens of thousands of viewers he never had before.

I agree with you on that. I saw the women on TV and thought they seemed a bit pathetic

Cillaliz

« Reply #265 on: June 15, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »

Hillary dealt with a lot of the same crap during her campaign.

Cillaliz

« Reply #266 on: June 15, 2009, 09:21:03 PM »

So...

I wonder how the reading of Nudie is going?  They should be at intermission by now, or just about to start the second act.

Hope it's going great...surely they aren't talking about sex ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2009, 09:22:15 PM »

I agree with you on that. I saw the women on TV and thought they seemed a bit pathetic

I've always felt Letterman thinks he's funnier than he is and he's always had a penchant for coarseness.   I don't watch him, actually. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2009, 09:22:30 PM »

It is a bit ironic that I'm going on about sexism under the topic of "Your Stunt C**k is here"

Cillaliz

« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2009, 09:25:33 PM »

Well I'll end my part of the rant here.  I spent 6 hours today in court discussing domestic abuse and the role of women in marriage in Vietnamese culture.  Guess it's still on my mind
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up