Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NUDIE REPORT  (Read 15403 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE NUDIE REPORT
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2009, 05:33:19 PM »

I can't believe I'm saying this in the middle of June, but...

I think I'm going to have to close the windows and doors since it's starting to get a little chilly here in the apartment.

*Wish I could send some of this coolness your way, DR MattH.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »

Thanks for the congrats on my case yesterday.  Today my client came in and not only paid her bill in full but gave me a bonus!  A bonus! Wow!  It was such a happy meeting. She's over the stress of yesterday and was all smiles and giggles.  I love days like this

OH! Congrats, a bonus!  Do I sense another trip to Vegas in your near future?  ;)

Lol, it wasn't that big of a bonus, but it was generous.   And I'm in an "I don't want to travel" mood

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2009, 05:50:57 PM »

PAGE SIX (DANCING) CAPULETS IN THE MARKETPLACE!!!!

[/url]
Make Your Own Luck.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2009, 05:56:28 PM »

I took off from work this afternoon thinking I could pick up the death certificates and then close my dad's checking account and cash the rest of the checks that have come to his apartment.  Noooooooooooo, California has a 40/45 day hold on everything.  Can't sell the car (the neighbors are complaining it's still parked there) can't access any money (I've already paid out over $700.00 of my own to cover 2 months worth of bills he did not pay) and now I have to wait.  I'm ready to say f--- it all.  I'm working my a-- off cleaning out his apartment and then I have to pay someone to haul it all away.  This just seems so unfair. And then the bank tells me power of attorney and a will mean nothing.  That's the same thing the hospital said.  What's the point of having either.  At least I have a box of ashes.  Neptune Society is $800.00 for a passanger ticket for the boat.  
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2009, 05:59:35 PM »

I do get to see the show again tonight.  For 2 hours I'll forget.   I had so much fun last night.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2009, 06:00:13 PM »

DR Sam - A hold? Why would they place a hold on a deceased's account? I hope things get resolved sooner rather than later.

*At least you get to see the reading of Nudie again tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Sam

« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2009, 06:00:53 PM »

Better go get ready to leave.

See ya.

Sam

« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2009, 06:01:32 PM »

Seems the creditors get 40 days to claim what they want.

Sam

« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2009, 06:03:19 PM »

I have not had a chance to go through all the paperwork in the desk drawers, who knows what an 83 year old single man was doing.

Sam

« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »

The new song in the second act (if it's the one I'm thinking) was a show stopper and really funny.

I'll be happy again when I get home.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2009, 06:05:01 PM »

OH!

So...

It turns out my two new roommates first met each other while waiting "in line" to look at another apartment.  Apparently, the woman showing the apartment took such a long time coming down to the front door to let them in, that they struck up a conversation.  And while they were conversing, they both realized they were enrolled at the same college, MBCC - Manhattan Borough Community College.  And they're in the same program track.  -So, they started to look for a place together.  Funny how that worked out.

*And, this could either be a curse or a blessing, but one of them works at Magnolia Bakery.  -And since Magnolia doesn't sell "day old" cupcakes, well... You can figure out the rest.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »

PAGE SIX (DANCING) CAPULETS IN THE MARKETPLACE!!!!

[/url]
:o DOWN WITH THE CAPULETS!!

I'm a MONTAGUE!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sam

« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2009, 06:06:23 PM »

Later.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2009, 06:06:34 PM »

Yay! Tonight's the table-turning episode of THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY. It's the weakest set of the REAL HOUSEWIVES OF franchise, although the tie for sleaziest skank in the franchise seems to run between the tone-deaf blonde who wants to be a country singer in Atlanta and the 40+ year-old New Jersey cougar with the criminal background and the nearly-lesbian attachment to another of the housewives. All hell should break loose tonight, so that will be fun.

Shall I bring the Riunite and potato chips?

::)

???

;)

The answer an hour ago, when I started cleaning the kitchen and getting ready for tomorrow, would have been yes, but I just saw your question and I'm no longer dressed for company. I have to be up at 6:30 so as soon as the program ends, I'm passing out.

I'm also so congested with gunk from the filth and dust in the McGlinn cartons that I cannot stop wheezing or speaking hoarsely.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Sam

« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2009, 06:07:29 PM »

Dear Jose, it sounds like the cupcakes are in trouble.

George

« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2009, 06:07:38 PM »

I hope you feel better soon, Elmore!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2009, 06:07:38 PM »

OH!

So...

It turns out my two new roommates first met each other while waiting "in line" to look at another apartment.  Apparently, the woman showing the apartment took such a long time coming down to the front door to let them in, that they struck up a conversation.  And while they were conversing, they both realized they were enrolled at the same college, MBCC - Manhattan Borough Community College.  And they're in the same program track.  -So, they started to look for a place together.  Funny how that worked out.

*And, this could either be a curse or a blessing, but one of them works at Magnolia Bakery.  -And since Magnolia doesn't sell "day old" cupcakes, well... You can figure out the rest.  ;)

Do we see an additional inch to your waistline in the near future?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2009, 06:08:06 PM »

Have a good evening, Sam.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2009, 06:08:19 PM »

And speaking of the Montagues and the Capulets...I'm off to rehearsal.

George

« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2009, 06:08:37 PM »

HAVE A GREAT READING TONIGHT, BK!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »

Yay! Tonight's the table-turning episode of THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY. It's the weakest set of the REAL HOUSEWIVES OF franchise, although the tie for sleaziest skank in the franchise seems to run between the tone-deaf blonde who wants to be a country singer in Atlanta and the 40+ year-old New Jersey cougar with the criminal background and the nearly-lesbian attachment to another of the housewives. All hell should break loose tonight, so that will be fun.

Shall I bring the Riunite and potato chips?

???

;)

The answer an hour ago, when I started cleaning the kitchen and getting ready for tomorrow, would have been yes, but I just saw your question and I'm no longer dressed for company. I have to be up at 6:30 so as soon as the program ends, I'm passing out.

I'm also so congested with gunk from the filth and dust in the McGlinn cartons that I cannot stop wheezing or speaking hoarsely.

No worries, DR elmore.  -If you're not doing so already, be sure to take a shower before you go to bed.  You need to rinse off all the "filth and dust" so that it doesn't end up getting transferred to your bed linens and pillowcases.  Some of the best advice I ever got from my allergist.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2009, 06:09:33 PM »

Dear Jose, it sounds like the cupcakes are in trouble.

DR Sam - LOL!!!!! ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2009, 06:10:59 PM »

The fourth hour of "The Today Show" has had a different New Jerser Housewife filling in for Kathie Lee each day this week.  Danielle was today's guest host, and I have to say that she was reticent, most reticent.

*ARGHH! The exact quote from The Music Man is currently slipping my mind.  Anyone... ??

"I'm reticent. Oh, yes, I'm reticent." Isn't that it?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »

OH!

So...

I hope not.  However, I will say that I'm sort of over the whole Magnolia Cupcake craze.

The Banana Pudding is another story.

Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2009, 06:11:43 PM »

Have you found anything good yet, Elmore?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2009, 06:12:21 PM »

The fourth hour of "The Today Show" has had a different New Jerser Housewife filling in for Kathie Lee each day this week.  Danielle was today's guest host, and I have to say that she was reticent, most reticent.

*ARGHH! The exact quote from The Music Man is currently slipping my mind.  Anyone... ??

"I'm reticent. Oh, yes, I'm reticent." Isn't that it?

That's it!

Thank You, Larry!
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2009, 06:13:02 PM »

OH!

So...

I hope not.  However, I will say that I'm sort of over the whole Magnolia Cupcake craze.

The Banana Pudding is another story.

DR Ben can verify that the Magnolia Bakery pecan pie is truly wonderful!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2009, 06:15:43 PM »

Thanks for the congrats on my case yesterday.  Today my client came in and not only paid her bill in full but gave me a bonus!  A bonus! Wow!  It was such a happy meeting. She's over the stress of yesterday and was all smiles and giggles.  I love days like this

OH! Congrats, a bonus!  Do I sense another trip to Vegas in your near future?  ;)

Or to Ashland ;)

That is really something Cilla.  It must be nice to be appreciated.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2009, 06:19:26 PM »

Have you found anything good yet, Elmore?

In a gospel arrangement or in the McGlinnventory? Yes to both.

So much of the McGlinn finds are so sad; it's amazing how he burned his way through money and tragic how his mental blocks and rigidity destroyed what was a prestigious career. He wasn't talented enough to have a brilliant career, but he could have had a good one if his madness hadn't made him so impossible to work with. One of the last things I said to him in 2002 before we stopped communicating was "you need to know which battles to lose so you can win the important ones" but he never would concede on silly things and as a result we lost recordings of things because he inssited it be complete on two discs when the company only wanted one, like THE CAT AND THE FIDDLE I found a schedule from Naxos for a whole series of recordings beginning with BABES IN TOYLAND, and it all fell through in 2001 because his madness took over and suddenly he and the head of Naxos Records weren't speaking. Today I ran across his contract with the Packard Humanities Institue so I know what he was making and his severance. And he ran through it immediately on all the music, books, etc lining his walls, and he died in total poverty. Really sad.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:22:20 PM by elmore3003 »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2009, 06:21:56 PM »

OH!

So...

LOL-I would say that is a curse :)

Nice story & it worked out great for you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up