Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: INTENSITY  (Read 20934 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:INTENSITY
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2006, 06:22:22 PM »

I realize that today is not ASK BK Day, but that apparently hasn't stopped me.  Does anyone have any idea why a boy's bike has that bar across it and the girl's doesn't?  As I learned many times as a youth, it should be the other way around.

LOL, I assure you it should not be the other way around.  My guess is girls needed a bike without a bar to accommodate a skirt.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2006, 06:25:33 PM »

Toshiro is easier to understand...even with the subtitles turned off.

And better looking, too.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #182 on: May 15, 2006, 06:27:47 PM »

Jed & Ann, nice you can use the little grill.  

DRLaura how far from Vegas are you?  We might take a trip there this winter.  I would love to have someone to walk with while Keith gambles.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #183 on: May 15, 2006, 06:29:58 PM »

I don't watch GRAY'S ANATOMY.

But the hear the breathless announcers on ALL the networks this week each and every SEASON FRESH CLIFFHANGER SPINETINGLING SUSPENSEFUL SURPRISING HEARTBREAKING FINAL FINAL SEASON/SHOW ENDING EPISODE for the next seven days are the most spectacular and earth-shaking in the HISTORY of television....

YAWN...for most of the shows....

Of course you don't care, Jrand, you don't have to watch the shows, you can just read the Tarot to find out what happens.
“One thing’s universal,

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #184 on: May 15, 2006, 06:30:47 PM »

DRLaura how far from Vegas are you?  We might take a trip there this winter.  I would love to have someone to walk with while Keith gambles.

I am 300 short miles away, and always up for a trip. I can show you the squeaky-clean things to do in Sin City.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: May 15, 2006, 06:31:28 PM »

Dinner tonight will be grilled chicken.  Checked with the apartment manager this morning and our little gas grill is ok to use after all!

So our DR TCB is a font of misinformation?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2006, 06:33:40 PM »

On a sadder note, INVASION has been canceled by ABC. However, they renewed WHAT ABOUT BRIAN, an hour dramedy that did dismally in the ratings on Monday night.

Looks like 7th HEAVEN might be back for at least 13 shows next season after all. What a surprise!

Where did you read about these ABC shows?

I actually liked WHAT ABOUT BRIAN. It was very funny.

I do believe that 7TH HEAVEN will be back for sure. I posted the link this past weekend. It was on the main yahoo page. I am really really happy about that one. I just hope the new network keeps my other favorite shows. And i also hope that i get the new network! :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: May 15, 2006, 06:33:50 PM »

Of course you don't care, Jrand, you don't have to watch the shows, you can just read the Tarot to find out what happens.

We get a blow-by-blow account every evening!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #188 on: May 15, 2006, 06:34:29 PM »

And the presidential conference was not broadcast on the Canadian stations. So I watched PRISON BREAK at 8pm, and will watch THE APPRENTICE at 10pm.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2006, 06:38:15 PM »

Still waiting for my dinner companion.  I may have to eat some chocolate licorice if we don't dine soon.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2006, 06:40:44 PM »

Dinner tonight will be grilled chicken.  Checked with the apartment manager this morning and our little gas grill is ok to use after all!

My apologies, Jed.  I still have the letter from the owner somewhere.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2006, 06:46:29 PM »

A six-week vacation, Cillaliz? Neat! If you happen to end up in Las Vegas, let me know! I'll meet you there!

Well you could call it a vacation, but I'm not joking about the burn out.  It's been bad and I need to have the break so I can figure out where I go from here.  I'm planning to stay home and work on the house, take a trip to my parent's house at the lake for a week or so, maybe volunteering and doing things around Sioux City.   I do love to travel, but I really just want to unwind here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 06:49:00 PM by Cillaliz »

Ginny

« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2006, 06:49:56 PM »

Back from the sparkling GATE 25th Anniversary Gala.  They invited several former students to give speeches - the first one is now a physical therapist who credited her GATE math/science teacher, Dr. Palmer (my DH) for inspiring her career choice.  Saw many of Richard's former students and many former colleagues.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2006, 06:53:16 PM »

Well you could call it a vacation, but I'm not joking about the burn out.  It's been bad and I need to have the break so I can figure out where I go from here.

I hope you do unwind and relax.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2006, 06:53:53 PM »

I am 300 short miles away, and always up for a trip. I can show you the squeaky-clean things to do in Sin City.

;D

That is a long drive to me.  Of course I would love to see you.  Now all we need to do is plan a trip there.

Ginny

« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2006, 06:55:39 PM »

DR Cillaliz - hope your extended leave is restful and refreshing.  I'm glad everyone is being supportive.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2006, 06:56:05 PM »

I hope you do unwind and relax.

Thanks!  Just knowing that I will be able to get this paid leave has really helped.  I don't remember the last time I had more than 2 weeks in a row off...this will be sooo nice

Jane

« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2006, 06:59:08 PM »

And nice when you have that note in your hands.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2006, 07:09:05 PM »

Thanks!  Just knowing that I will be able to get this paid leave has really helped.  I don't remember the last time I had more than 2 weeks in a row off...this will be sooo nice

All the best, Cillaliz, but you aren't going to take six weeks away from us are you?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2006, 07:11:45 PM »

Outside is has cooled down to a pleasant 75 degrees, inside it is 85 degrees.  We should have turned the air conditioner on, just long enough to cool the house down a bit.

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2006, 07:13:36 PM »

And nice when you have that note in your hands.

I'm not worried about that.  She just wanted to do this legitimately so we waited to see if it would be accepted by my boss and by our administrator. It will, so I don't see any problems
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 07:18:27 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2006, 07:16:48 PM »

All the best, Cillaliz, but you aren't going to take six weeks away from us are you?

Oh, TCB, how could I leave you ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2006, 07:20:37 PM »

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2006, 07:21:34 PM »

Check out the photos from a Thailand zoo (sorry I can’t just post them or do the click here thing) of piglets playing with a tiger. http://www.animalliberationfront.com/News/AnimalPhotos/Animals_1-10/Tiger_piglets.htm

Jane

« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2006, 07:27:10 PM »

'night.

Ginny

« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2006, 07:27:16 PM »

I once had a boss who encouraged those of us who were eligible to take 4 weeks/year to take at least a two-week block, three if we could swing it.  He contended that it takes at least a week to wind down, before you can really have a relaxing vacation.  Having taken most of my vacation in recent years in, at most, one-week chunks, I totally agree with him (and we didn't agree on much!).

FJL

« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2006, 07:27:40 PM »

Cilla, so glad things are working out for you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2006, 07:34:40 PM »

Great news DR CILLA LIZ!

Yes, DR FJL, I noticed those credits - I just wondered what the heck the songs were doing in the show after ALL these years?  They don't add anything as far as I can tell except MORE Harry.  Not that there's anything wrong with that!

DR JANE is correct about why the bar is missing for bicycles for girls.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2006, 07:36:09 PM »

I enjoyed Parts Two and Three of the Samarai Trilogy.  However I must say that Mr Mifune wore entirely TOO much clothing in every scene.

The final samarai battle was most impressive and photographed beautifully IN COLOR!  The first and third are my favorite installments.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2006, 07:37:02 PM »

We get a blow-by-blow account every evening!

What a waste of a good card spread THAT would be!  LOL  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up