Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: SIDE EFFECTS  (Read 25649 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:SIDE EFFECTS
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2005, 08:28:13 AM »

If anyone's ears were burning yesterday, then yes, you were being talked about at the Nu Yawk Sitty gathering!

If they are still burning, please get out of the house and call the fire department.

My thanks to DR Jose for leading the tour, to DR FJL and DSO Skip for hosting the party (very good nosh, indeed!) and to all the DRs who were able to be there.

PS to DR TPunk: Rodzinsky has a great bass rumble to his voice, doesn't he!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2005, 08:28:48 AM »

I'd give a Page Three Dance, but my legs are still worn out!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »

~~~HAPPY BIRTDAY DEAR READER JMK!!~~~~~~
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2005, 08:31:19 AM »

Well, I have three hours of shows from last night to watch (including the ever-fabulous VERONICA MARS), and some preparation for today's midday meal, so let me be off for now.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2005, 08:32:43 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR JMK!

Re: TOD I really enjoyed Supersize Me.

Good news for me re: Desperate Housewives.  I noticed a note in the paper today saying that they will be replaying last week's episode here in Canada this sat at 10pm.  Because everyone cross country got to see the "transmission error" that lead to a portion being omitted.  The part I didn't even realize is that they mentioned that the Susan hitting Edie story had not been resolved for us.  And that reminded me. I never did see what happened after Susan was in the car!

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2005, 08:37:28 AM »

I made some delicious new recipes for our New Year's dinner. I will share two that were huge hits.

1. http://dessert.allrecipes.com/az/CrmlPpcrn.asp

Caramel Popcorn

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 quarts popped popcorn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (95 degrees C). Place popcorn in a very large bowl.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla. Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.

** this was so unbelievably good!

2. http://appetizer.allrecipes.com/az/SvnLyrTcDip.asp

Seven Layer Taco Dip

INGREDIENTS:
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 large tomato, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch chopped green onions
1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.

**this was also so good and it was hard to stop eating it. i did not use onions, peppers or olives. I did not think i would love the sour cream/cream cheese mixture. But it was really good.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 08:38:41 AM by Jennifer »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2005, 08:53:08 AM »

Der Brucer is now testing out his new toaster!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2005, 08:55:07 AM »

When John McGlinn made that marvelous 3-CD SHOW BOAT, there was a documentary on its making that also included SHOW BOAT scholar Miles Kreugher giving the complete history of the show. I videotaped that program and have always loved it. (Not sure I could even put my hands on it now).

Ah, yes!  The Maestro.  A legend in his own mind.  I do love Miles Kreuger.  The Maestro?  Another matter.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2005, 09:17:03 AM »

New Adventures Ahead!

Does everyone remember Domino, the Dalmatian der B and I found wandering in our neighborhood, who we returned to his owner a couple of times?  Well, said owner dropped by this morning, asking if we "knew anyone" who would be able to take care of Domino for a couple of weeks.

We may have a new member of the household, at least on a short time basis!

Life is never dull.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2005, 09:17:48 AM »

Time to get ready for work.  I'm so glad my legs are rested.

::)

Jason

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2005, 09:22:44 AM »

TPunk: Speak of the Devil Mouse and he doth appear! A large group of Disney folks just came in the office, including your new BFF, Ken.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2005, 09:28:39 AM »

I'm up, I'm up and have been up since 8:30 on one phone call after another.  

Re site slowness this morning - I think they do their maintenence early, and that causes the occasional slowness or hiccup - that's my guess anyway.

How come tpunk and rodzinski are errant and truant?  Too much LIQUOR???

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2005, 09:30:21 AM »

BIG package day tomorrow, as I've been informed that all my errant and truant amazon shipments are ALL arriving tomorrow, and, best of all, the Rewind order will also be here, at least according to UPS.  I might try to get those shipped on Saturday if there's time, otherwise they'll all go out on Monday.  Oh, boy!!!

vixmom

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2005, 09:35:01 AM »

We had two wonderful days in the New City of York

Ginny, Cillaliz, the Vixter, Danise and myself had a brief tour of the American Girl store conducted by the Vixter where we took photos of the poster advertising former DR Panni's new TV movie Felicity due to air in November.  Thanks again to DR Ginny, the Vixter is enjoying the AG stuff you had for her!

Then Ginny & Cillaliz went their seperate ways while Danise, Vixter and I walked up to Central Park where we had a lovely carriage ride, lunch at the Leaping Frog, and then on to the Central Park Zoo wher we saw athe sea lions being fed and doing their tricks and were then given a private tour by a lovely Park volunteer named Timmie.

We wandered down to the Carasol and had a nice ride (that thing moves!!)

Then it was off to meet Ben, Jane, and Jason for dinner.  Dr's elmore and Jose each made a cameo appearance and then it was off to Ollie's for a lovely Chinese dinner.  There we found Cillaliz & Ginny with dinner inalready in progress ( they each had show tickets ) so we joined them for a little while.

Special thans to DR Jason who suprised the Vixter with a bag full of sparkling prizes which she is enjoying very much.

Then a quick visit to the Times Square Toys R Us to ride the  ferris wheel, a ride which was cancelled when the Vixter saw how high it was.

The we all parted for the evening  a wonderful end to Day 1

vixmom

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2005, 09:43:59 AM »

Day Two began with the Vixter and I meeting Jose, Jason, Ginny, Cillaliz, Danise, Jane and MBarnum at the ice skating rink at Rockerfeller Plaza

Then it was off tothe subway to the Lower east side where we met up wth  SWW and derB.

We saw many wonderful places and ate many wonderful things.  Many thnaks to dear Jose for making it such a wonderful day.

The Vixter & I left after Chelsea Market to let the grownups go on to their "drinks before and dinner after", but not before  dear WFO came to take our place..

Thank you all for letting us share n the wonderful day.

AS the Vixter remarked on the way home "Y'know Mama, you really know some nice people."

I do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2005, 09:52:21 AM »

Blond moment of the day:

Harrumph...not a "real" blond among you, I'd wager!

:D

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2005, 09:54:27 AM »

Good morning!

It was raining here when I woke, it's raining here now, and it's supposed to rain the rest of the day, Hurricane Tamy's greeting to us.

We haven't had any real rain in almost two months, so many people are really grateful for this. The rain prevented my walk this morning, so I'll jump on the treadmill at some point today.

When was Tropical Storm Tammy upgraded to a hurricane?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2005, 09:56:03 AM »

The Merriest of Birthday Wishes to

JMK!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 09:56:23 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2005, 10:08:14 AM »

Jane, I'm in the computer center in the lobby, if your ready to go!

We're doing a mini walking tour of Columbus Circle, Square, Tirangle.  Whatever the darn thing is called.  I want to see Whole Foods and Tower records.  There was a little shop on 37th street that I wanted to check out when I saw "Once Around the Sun" but I beat such a hasty retreat that I didn't get the chance to.

I'm happy to report that it is now safe to walk the streets again.  I now have a presentable face and it only took 1 and a half trucks of makeup to get it there. :-)

Laters all!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2005, 10:10:45 AM »

That last post was mine, Danise, not Jane!!!  How did that happen?  Jane must have forgot to log off the board!

Danise

« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2005, 10:12:46 AM »

Tis I!  Danise.  That was interesting.  

Anyway, I have to go!

Laters!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2005, 10:18:27 AM »

We must see makeover photos.

DRSWW - thanks for TAKING said photos that I commented upon earlier today.  They were most enjoyed!!

Wonder if DRHISAKA has arrived home yet?

Travel vibes to DR MBARNUM as he flies over Indiana!  I know Freddy will be glad to see you!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2005, 10:21:19 AM »

So many documentaries named that I enjoyed.

THE TIMES OF HARVEY MILK which we watched a lot when were doing EXECUTION OF JUSTICE many many years ago.  

TREMBLING BEFORE G-D

And LOST CHILDREN (not the correct title) about Jewish children who were given away by their families so that they would survive the war.

THEY SHOOT MOVIES DON'T THEY - a not so serious mockumentary (I think) about a young director trying to raise money to shoot his film.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2005, 10:22:33 AM »

I don't wnt ny fo tht Sewts Dtie Bckla Cerrhy dosa.

FJL

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2005, 10:27:12 AM »

Vixmom, did I understand that the "Shark Bites" were your contribution to the dinner last night?  If so, thanks.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2005, 10:27:24 AM »

Hisaka e-mailed me and is home safe and sound.  She'll be catching up on all the posts, then posting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2005, 10:27:55 AM »

I'm off to ship packages and whatnot.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2005, 10:32:01 AM »

Vixmom, did I understand that the "Shark Bites" were your contribution to the dinner last night?  If so, thanks.

Yes!  DRvixmom, thanks for them!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2005, 10:44:39 AM »

I smell smoke!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2005, 10:57:05 AM »

I hope you insured your whatnot.

"Myrtle Feldman slipped on the ice on Wednesday evening. The fall broke her whatnot and injured her otherwise."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up