Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: LIFE WITHOUT AOL  (Read 37108 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: LIFE WITHOUT AOL
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2008, 09:30:03 AM »

PAGE FIVE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2008, 09:33:02 AM »

So which DRs want me to come visit?     ;D

Is it a good thing I'm out of town?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2008, 09:33:31 AM »

Yes, technically I still could log on to AOL as it's still on the computer - for reasons I stated - so I can get to my filing cabinet - which I don't need to log on to do.  In all other ways, AOL is sleeping with the what is it fishes.  And I miss it not one whit.

singdaw

« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2008, 09:39:38 AM »

Oh, DR FJL...

Poly-dorsal?

;D

singdaw

« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2008, 09:40:06 AM »

And I miss it not one whit.

How about a dot?  Or an iota?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2008, 09:40:24 AM »

I wonder where all our GUESTS have gone - there used to be eight to fifteen of them here most hours of the day.  I guess maybe some of them weren't real and couldn't make the transition to the new board because of it.  Or if they were away from the drama maybe they didn't figure out that we'd switched over, although if they were reading the notes it would have been obvious.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2008, 09:40:46 AM »

And I miss it not one whit.

How about a dot?  Or an iota?

Not even a jot.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2008, 09:44:13 AM »

Craig Brockman's wifelet to be is very cute.  He apparently proposed to her during dessert - yet neglects to say what the dessert was.

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2008, 10:01:50 AM »

No work for me today as our office is closed due to inclement weather.....meaning tons of snow.

To my recollection this is the first time that we have ever closed because of weather.

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2008, 10:04:15 AM »

I am currently watching a 1934 film titled ROAD TO RUIN.

singdaw

« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2008, 10:04:58 AM »

Not even a jot.

That's what I meant to say!!!   Boy, the mind just isn't snappy like it used to be!

singdaw

« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2008, 10:05:47 AM »

I am currently watching a 1934 film titled ROAD TO RUIN.

Then let us hope that life does not imitate art.

Or is it too late?     ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2008, 10:09:52 AM »

Well, I gave up.  It took me twenty minutes to break thru all the ice and snow that was on the car, just to get in and start it up.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2008, 10:13:26 AM »

The rain seems to have stopped for the time being and I may just go out there and chance the long jog.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2008, 10:16:59 AM »

I wonder how far (in feet) I would get if I went jogging this morning?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2008, 10:23:32 AM »

Well, here is the shocking aftermath of the bailout program and in one little article you will understand how ridiculous it was for everyone to bow to the pressure to approve spending taxpayer's money to a group of people who caused the problem in the first place.  If this doesn't nauseate you nothing will.  It's sadly typical and how could anyone not have seen it coming.  I think the government under its new leadership needs to have these banks show accountability, and the ones who used this money for anything other than helping the economic problem should have to return every cent of what was misspent.  Who didn't know this would happen?  I'm sorry, but Mr. Bush is going to go down as the worst President in the history of this country - and that's saying something.

http://www.roadrunner.com/view/content/story.cfm?storyid=6443783&newsgroup=9009&view=NEWS&page=1

Jennifer

« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2008, 10:31:49 AM »

We only had 15 cms of snow here yesterday (6 inches). The good part about living in the suburbs here at least is that the next day everything is back to normal.

Living in the city they don't plow the streets where people park their cars. and it can take a week for it not to look like  a complete wreck.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »

>>I'm sorry, but Mr. Bush is going to go down as the worst President in the history of this country - and that's saying something.

Let us not forget that it was Barney Franks and the Democrats who demanded this bailout, not to mention the failed stimulus plan of a few months ago, happen, and that Bush simply caved in to their pressure.

Let's not forget that Obama has the guy responsible for the Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae debacles as a financial advisor! (And that 2  years ago Bush tried to get more oversight for those 2 companies and it was the Democrats who blocked that attempt, with Barney Franks himself saying both entities were working just fine.

Wonder what woudl happen if the American taxpayers, in aggregate, got together and refused to pay their taxes on April 15. If the entire population said, "Go ask the banks and get *our*  money from them," they couldn't all be arrested!
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »

It is still cold.  That is all.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2008, 10:43:55 AM »

3D's been drinking that ol' Fox News Kool-Aid again.  :)  It was Henry Paulson who demanded the bailout and went to congress to ask for it.

Moving on to other, more pleasant, news:  it's snowing.

BK, I pored over yesterday's notes and didn't see anyone blaming you for anything, just stating the sad facts about the insurance biz.  Betsy got broadsided years ago by a high school kid who ran a red light.  Nonetheless, our insurance company brokered a "shared fault" deal since Betsy had our two (then very young) kids in the car and the other party's insurance company was therefore claiming she was distracted.  Yes, distracted by an idiot running a red light!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2008, 10:52:00 AM »

...Wonder what woudl happen if the American taxpayers, in aggregate, got together and refused to pay their taxes on April 15. If the entire population said, "Go ask the banks and get *our*  money from them," they couldn't all be arrested!
Oh, they could get arrested, all right.

Prosecuted is a different issue.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2008, 11:01:29 AM »

Don't mess
With
The IRS.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2008, 11:02:46 AM »

I am just about fed up!

I'm back from the store, where once again I had to deal with a very uppity customer.

Not all customers, just a very few.

Why, pray tell, are these customers uppity?

They are getting angry with the cashiers when the cashier uses the word "Holiday" instead of "Christmas" when they say "Have a nice (fill in the blank)".

"I celebrate Christmas!" the customer will bark.  The intention is clear - we are all to celebrate Christmas, and to celebrate it their way, and no other is to be allowed.

"Holiday" is supposed to be inclusive, not only of Christmas and Hannukah, but also of New Years and Thanksgiving and all the other year-end celebrations.  What the heck are these people up to, trying to force exclusiveness upon the rest of us?

The next customer who barks at me that way, I'm just going to look her in the eye and tell her "I'm Jewish."

I think I can be excused a little White Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza lie in this case.  (Although White Kwanza has an odd sound to it.)

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JMK

« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2008, 11:03:05 AM »

Have I mentioned it's snowing?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2008, 11:04:09 AM »

I am just about fed up!

I'm back from the store, where once again I had to deal with a very uppity customer.

Not all customers, just a very few.

Why, pray tell, are these customers uppity?

They are getting angry with the cashiers when the cashier uses the word "Holiday" instead of "Christmas" when they say "Have a nice (fill in the blank)".

"I celebrate Christmas!" the customer will bark.  The intention is clear - we are all to celebrate Christmas, and to celebrate it their way, and no other is to be allowed.

"Holiday" is supposed to be inclusive, not only of Christmas and Hannukah, but also of New Years and Thanksgiving and all the other year-end celebrations.  What the heck are these people up to, trying to force exclusiveness upon the rest of us?

The next customer who barks at me that way, I'm just going to look her in the eye and tell her "I'm Jewish."

I think I can be excused a little White Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza lie in this case.  (Although White Kwanza has an odd sound to it.)

I think you should say, "I'm African American."  ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2008, 11:13:58 AM »

Actually, I could get away with wishing everyone a Happy Yuletide. 

The Yuletide has nothing to do with Christmas, and dates to the pagan festivities.

Sounds good to me!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2008, 11:17:16 AM »

LOL DR SWW.....at World of Wisdom we always say Solstice....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2008, 11:19:05 AM »

Later today I shall watch my FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE 3-disc set purchased from Oldies.com (but now sold out) for the grand price of $4.98.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2008, 11:26:12 AM »

13000 - it's like my bar mitzvah, only 1000 times better!

Congrats on the 13000 Posts, FJL!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2008, 11:28:53 AM »

Later today I shall watch my FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE 3-disc set purchased from Oldies.com (but now sold out) for the grand price of $4.98.

Samuel Bronston's son wrote me several extremely nice emails after I reviewed this, telling me I was one of the few who seemed to "get" what his father was trying to do in the film.  He has a little e-group of people associated with this film and other Bronston productions, including Rozsa's daughter, which he invited me into, but I was uncharacteristically reticent.  :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up