Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE  (Read 18398 times)

td

• td
Re: SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2009, 01:59:30 PM »

I'm still debating whether it'll be THE TEN COMMANDMENTS or BEN-HUR on dvd tonight. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2009, 02:17:49 PM »

I'm now going to take a shower, get dressed and go to my parents' house to spend time with the family on this Easter day.

Have a good day, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2009, 02:30:55 PM »

I'm still debating whether it'll be THE TEN COMMANDMENTS or BEN-HUR on dvd tonight. . .

A couple of years ago, I did the silent BEN-HUR on Easter Sunday and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think it's going to be EASTER PARADE for me. On DVD, of course.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2009, 02:32:10 PM »

I have some tidying up of the computer files and then I'm heading down to clean the master bath, put away the already folded alundry, and then back to the viewing room for the rest of THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS and then EASTER PARADE. I might even have time for something else before tonight's THE TUDORS. We'll see.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2009, 02:48:53 PM »

Good morning, all! Yes, BK, you did spy an elmore around 3 am EST because the dog did not stop barking until  then. So, I fell asleep sometime after that. And I am not at all happy about it.

I had a strange dream involving my friend Greg MacKellan, who started San Francisco's 42nd STREET MOON company  several years ago. I had met Greg sround 1988, when he was living in Los Angeles and staged a production of my JUBILEE restoration. In my dream, Greg had lost a bit of weight, which has nothing to do with my dream, but through some project or other, I was working with Greg and reunited with someone I had met through him ages ago, around 1990, and had a huge crush on (I cannot remember the name!). There was a lot of flirting before my realization in the course of the dream that this romance would never work out: I cared too much, always had, and if the other party had really cared at all, ever, we would have been a couple a long time ago before we were too set in our ways. I was very sad when I woke. Of course, in the awake world, I clearly didn't care that much: I can't remember the name!

Today, Ron Raines' concert sketch and a few other odd jobs around the apartment before I get too sleepy.

Elmore, I did The Sound of Music with Greg in 2003.  He was nice to work with.  I've also seen some of the work he's done at 42nd Street Moon, it's rather hit and miss depending on the show, of course. 

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »

Easter Morning at church was quite good.  I'm done with everything - and I mean DONE.... people can be SO stupid, even Christians!

We're off to my mom's for dinner.

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2009, 03:18:14 PM »

Happy Easter!

I've been feeling a bit off today. My throat is really scratchy (not sure what to do for that). So i took a nap all afternoon. Very exciting day! :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2009, 03:20:32 PM »

Good morning, all! Yes, BK, you did spy an elmore around 3 am EST because the dog did not stop barking until  then. So, I fell asleep sometime after that. And I am not at all happy about it.

I had a strange dream involving my friend Greg MacKellan, who started San Francisco's 42nd STREET MOON company  several years ago. I had met Greg sround 1988, when he was living in Los Angeles and staged a production of my JUBILEE restoration. In my dream, Greg had lost a bit of weight, which has nothing to do with my dream, but through some project or other, I was working with Greg and reunited with someone I had met through him ages ago, around 1990, and had a huge crush on (I cannot remember the name!). There was a lot of flirting before my realization in the course of the dream that this romance would never work out: I cared too much, always had, and if the other party had really cared at all, ever, we would have been a couple a long time ago before we were too set in our ways. I was very sad when I woke. Of course, in the awake world, I clearly didn't care that much: I can't remember the name!

Today, Ron Raines' concert sketch and a few other odd jobs around the apartment before I get too sleepy.

Elmore, I did The Sound of Music with Greg in 2003.  He was nice to work with.  I've also seen some of the work he's done at 42nd Street Moon, it's rather hit and miss depending on the show, of course. 

Matthew, if you run into Greg, tell him howdy for me!

I've been trying to nap and failing. I'm thinking about putting the DVD of MARTIN CHUZZLEWIT on and laughing for a while; I'm too fried to accomplish much else. I just canceled getting together with my friend Alan to give him a book because I'm to tired to move but not too tired to pass out.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2009, 03:23:24 PM »

Tonight i am looking forward to a new TAR.

And a new APPRENTICE.

I also have a new DAMAGES (i think there are 2 more episodes here).

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2009, 03:31:13 PM »

Last week my neighbor called and asked me to come over for Easter dinner.  OK we live 10 feet apart, but he has cancelled 6 out of the last 10 dinners.   So I never know till about 20 minutes before going over there. I know he had brunch with his family this morning, and then went to the salon for whatever clients booked for today (he makes so much money) and then he'll go home have several vodka's and decide if he wants to cook or not. 

I agreed to buy the ham (I want to make a huge vegtable soup with the bone) so that was OK.  It's so beautiful outside I'd rather be at the beach than waiting to take the ham out of the refrig at 4:00.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »

DR Charles Pogue I completely disagree with you that 20 is too young to be married.  Keith now regrets he made me wait until we were that old instead of getting married at 18 or 19.  We know a good number of happily married couples who where young when they married.  It is about marrying someone you passionately love, respect and like.  This person should be your best friend.  If you don’t have all of these things to begin with there is nothing to get you through the difficult times.

Jane,

I agree with you about the reasons for marrying someone and there are always exceptions to every rule, but generally I find folks in their late teens or early twenties, not yet through college, haven't figured out who the Hell they are yet, let alone a life partner.  Julieanne and I were college sweethearts, but we broke up, and then got back  together several years later after we both had sown our wild oats and made our mistakes.  If we had stayed together in college, despite our passion for each other, we probably would have killed each other and it would have ended badly.  We both needed to settle into ourselves first.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »

Fashion victim moment o'the day:  I had to rise very early today to get ready to play two mammoth services.  I put on a sort of brownish-golden shirt and I found a very nice Adolfo tie made of sort of Pollock-esque "blotches", which, while mostly bluish and reddish, had one goldenrod one that was the exact color of my shirt, so I thought it would look great.  When I got to church, more fully awake and in better light, I realized the goldenrod blotch was a food stain.  Oh, well.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2009, 04:17:22 PM »

JR, belated answer from yesterday--FF did Present Laughter much later, that was the one she did with Reginald Gardner probably circa 1960.  She did Private Lives in either 1957 or 1958 (probably 1958, now that I think about it, though)--I have reviews somewhere.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2009, 04:17:59 PM »

I was not quite 21 when I got married.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »

Betsy and I met in our 30s and have agreed we were either meant for each other or were simply too tired by that time to keep looking.  :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2009, 04:28:55 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmm....I knew she did THE RAINMAKER....but I don't remember PRIVATE LIVES.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2009, 04:29:15 PM »

THE MASTERS golfers are taking their time, so TAR will be delayed here.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2009, 04:34:56 PM »

good afternoon td,   the peep(s) show was bad. ;D

You can blame that one on me, Sam.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

td

• td
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2009, 04:52:38 PM »

Blame it on my youth.

td

• td
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »

Blame it on Rio.

td

• td
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2009, 04:53:04 PM »

Put the blame on Mame, boys.

td

• td
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2009, 04:53:23 PM »

Blame it on the bossa nova.

td

• td
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2009, 04:54:30 PM »

I guess we know there's blame to share, but no of that seems to matter anymore.

DAW

« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2009, 04:58:53 PM »

I modified my post and taken the i out of chef.

Maybe now you'll go back and take the "b" out of "suburb."  And replace it with a "p".      ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2009, 05:00:15 PM »

DR embolism the baby sweater is beautiful.  You are very talented.

td

• td
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2009, 05:01:30 PM »

Good evening, DR DAW!

DAW

« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2009, 05:02:07 PM »

Glad your singing went well, DR td!!!   :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2009, 05:02:35 PM »

Fashion victim moment o'the day:  I had to rise very early today to get ready to play two mammoth services.  I put on a sort of brownish-golden shirt and I found a very nice Adolfo tie made of sort of Pollock-esque "blotches", which, while mostly bluish and reddish, had one goldenrod one that was the exact color of my shirt, so I thought it would look great.  When I got to church, more fully awake and in better light, I realized the goldenrod blotch was a food stain.  Oh, well.

;D ;D  ROTFLMAO!  ;D ;D
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

td

• td
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2009, 05:02:56 PM »

How did DR DAW sing today, and what did he sing?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »

DR Sam your reason to get married made me laugh.  All were very good reasons. :)

I did not realize your husband had passed away.  I’m very sorry.  I’m glad you have one good neighbor even if he isn’t reliable about dinners.  A great kid helps too.  How old is this great kid of yours?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up