Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPINNING HEAD  (Read 16740 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE SPINNING HEAD
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2006, 01:04:22 PM »

Back from lunch:

Sweet/sour soup
Dried braised green beans w/chicken (szechuan style)
Hand-pulled noodles in a peanut sauce
Pot stickers
Hot tea
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2006, 01:04:41 PM »

Welcome to page 4!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2006, 01:12:26 PM »

Good vibes for DR VIXMOM and her property.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2006, 01:12:49 PM »

I think I will watch HIGH AND LOW now.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2006, 01:16:45 PM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  SAFE HOUSE AND HOME VIBES FOR DR VIXMOM  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2006, 01:21:30 PM »

A somewhat irritating video day here today. Started off well enough with a very entertaining episode of BONES from last night.

How nice to see SURVIVOR runner-up Colby Donaldson as a guest star (though he didn't make it through the entire episode). Glad he's getting a varying array of acting gigs. He was on three episodes of JOEY playing comedy and now this drama last night, and there have been others. True, the parts haven't been huge, but it's a start for him. Always liked him a lot.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 01:22:56 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2006, 01:22:03 PM »

Hope everything is OK on the home front, DR Vixmom.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2006, 01:25:47 PM »

The irritating part came with last night's CSI: NY. The high definition feed was encoded in Dolby 5.1, but it was missing the center channel (which carries the dialog). I heard nice sound effects in the surrounds and fronts, music, too, but only if the scene was quiet could you hear slight echoes of their speaking in the left front channel, and it wasn't enough for me to be able to follow what they were saying.

I tried turning on closed captioning, but my set didn't bring them forth. So after 15 minutes, I just deleted the show from the DVR. Another CSI to watch for in repeats.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2006, 01:29:48 PM »

I went ahead and finished disc 2 in the MONK Season 3 set. Two good episodes, one about a crooked game show host and one with Monk working with his former partner, now a discredited cop working as store security officer at a Wal-Mart type department store. The former partner was played by the adorable Enrico Colantoni (currently Veronica Mars' father), and I did not remember it was he playing this role. Made the episode even better on a second viewing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »

Back from class and the editing room.  Got all the songs taped for people today, plus we finished replacing shots and the picture is now locked - I'll be watching a tape in the morning, just to be certain, then the whole thing gets letterboxed, then next week we do the sound mix.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2006, 01:32:22 PM »

How nice to see SURVIVOR runner-up Colby Donaldson as a guest star (though he didn't make it through the entire episode). Glad he's getting a varying array of acting gigs. He was on three episodes of JOEY playing comedy and now this drama last night, and there have been others. True, the parts haven't been huge, but it's a start for him. Always liked him a lot.

Was he the one who played Mike Doyle...who they later found hidden in a coffin in a back room...with a hole in his head?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 01:36:00 PM by Ron Pulliam »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2006, 01:41:11 PM »

Firefighting Vibes!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fear we'll be doing a LOT of firefighting vibes this summer -- all over the country!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2006, 02:06:11 PM »

Was he the one who played Mike Doyle...who they later found hidden in a coffin in a back room...with a hole in his head?

No, Mike Doyle was another character. Colby played a New Orleans doctor who was skinned alive and hung up in a crucified position during a voodoo ritual. Dr. Brennan was accused of the murder.

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2006, 02:08:53 PM »

AMAZING RACE had a slight ratings bump last night but still didn't quite get to 9 million viewers. BONES won the 8 o'clock hour.

ALIAS finished third in the two timeslots it occupied during its two hour run last night with ratings which pretty much approximated what it scored earlier in the season. Still, its return was at least consistent. COMMANDER IN CHIEF came back to 3 million fewer viewers from its last ratings some two months ago.

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2006, 02:10:40 PM »

And not good news for INVASION. CSI: NY won the hour by a wide margin, but the new episode of INVASION finshed behind the rerun LAW & ORDER which NBC aired with a much weaker lead-in than INVASION had.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2006, 02:12:09 PM »

And speaking of a weak lead-in, NBC has canceled the last two installments of CELEBRITY COOKIUNG SHOWDOWN due to disastrous ratings. WILL & GRACE and MY NAME IS EARL reruns return to the 8 p.m. hour tonight. A rerun of DEAL OR NO DEAL will be broadcast at 8 tomorrow night.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2006, 02:33:13 PM »

Heading down now to clean the bedrooms and settle in for tonight's slate of TV.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2006, 02:33:23 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2006, 02:42:14 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

I'm at work, trying not to cough my head off (literally) and ordering titles that have many more requests than copies.  Also, I'm listening to Janis Siegel's brand new CD called A Thousand Beautiful Things.  It's a CD of songs with Latin jazz arrangements.  Highly recommended. ;D

« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:42:54 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2006, 02:45:01 PM »

I work at a library headquarters in the Acquisitions Department.  I acquire...but don't decide what to acquire. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2006, 03:21:38 PM »

Oh, Vixmom - please update us when you have any news. This is so pins-and-needles. Best safe home vibes to your house and neighborhood.
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2006, 03:22:50 PM »

I've just returned from a repair shop out by Burbank airport, having retrieved my old faithful Roland keyboard! Oh, welcome home, fine old friend!!!
PennyO

George

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2006, 03:46:12 PM »

I've just returned from a repair shop out by Burbank airport, having retrieved my old faithful Roland keyboard! Oh, welcome home, fine old friend!!!

Speak to me friend...speak now, I'll listen
I know, I know you've been lock out of sight all these years!
My faithful friend....

;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2006, 03:57:12 PM »

Oy!  I've just spent three hours cleaning out old books, videos (wink, wink!), playbills, and magazines from the last fifteen years or so.  DRBen, I found the entire run of AFTER DARK!  And Judge Crater.

My nose is now filled with dust, my eyes hurt, and the grime was appalling.  I always look like I'm returning to my coal barge, and I cannot understand why.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2006, 04:06:13 PM »

Oy!  I've just spent three hours cleaning out old books, videos (wink, wink!), playbills, and magazines from the last fifteen years or so.  DRBen, I found the entire run of AFTER DARK!  And Judge Crater.

When I started working at the library (where I still work) 22 years ago, they had many issues of "After Dark" in storage.  I was the Storage Page and had to deprocess and discard all the old stuff that the selectors had decided to throw out.  They decided to get rid of a lot of magazines and that was one.  Every issue that they had was thrown out (this was long before recycling).  I remember reading through quite a few issues (covertly ;)) while they were still here but wasn't brave enough to take any of the magazines when they got rid of them.  I could've had them all for free.  Darn.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2006, 04:14:34 PM »

When I started working at the library (where I still work) 22 years ago, they had many issues of "After Dark" in storage.  I was the Storage Page and had to deprocess and discard all the old stuff that the selectors had decided to throw out.  They decided to get rid of a lot of magazines and that was one.  Every issue that they had was thrown out (this was long before recycling).  I remember reading through quite a few issues (covertly ;)) while they were still here but wasn't brave enough to take any of the magazines when they got rid of them.  I could've had them all for free.  Darn.

When Richard Buck, who worked in the NYPL Theatre Collection, retired and moved to Florida, I bought his entire run of issues for, I think, $100.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 04:14:58 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2006, 04:20:30 PM »

I know it is not ask a question day but I do need a bit of assistance on something....

After watching some movies that I rented for my paper there are two of them I would like to purchase a copy of and they are Dreamkeeper and Powwow Highway. I did find several copies available for purchase on Ebay.

My question is....

Region one is the US and Canada correct?

Region 2 would be from Europe and does that version work in most DVD players?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2006, 04:24:10 PM »

Btw, how funny that brooke shield's baby was born the same day (in the same hospital/same floor) as Tom cruise/katie holmes child. :)

I found it rather amusing...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2006, 04:25:48 PM »

Speaking of DR Jose, he is now permanently a light on the Great White Way:

Jose Simbulan

...and we all knew him when...

Hooray for Jose!!  Congrats are in order!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2006, 04:27:07 PM »

SAfe vibes to Vixmom, her family, freinds and neighbors!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up