Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WANING DAYS OF OCTOBER  (Read 17186 times)

Sandra

• "Stupider."
Re:THE WANING DAYS OF OCTOBER
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2004, 06:04:32 PM »

I know these midterm vibes are too late, Emily, but I hope you can do something with them. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, I was supposed to write the proposal for a term paper. So far today, all I've accomplished is to serve as a piece of furniture for a fussy cat who wanted to take a very long nap on me. I'll do it tomorrow.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2004, 06:31:47 PM »

Omigod, this board is slow today!  Where is everybody?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2004, 06:42:22 PM »

I soon will be heading to a meeting of the Board of Directors of my synagogue.  I have every confidence that the excitement of this news will cause each and every reader out there in the dark to plotz like they have never plotzed before.

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.familycrest_details/s.Plotz/Plotz_family_Crest/Plotz_coat_of_arms/qx/Plotz.htm

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2004, 06:52:25 PM »

Omigod, this board is slow today!  Where is everybody?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to watch the Total Lunar Eclipse Tonight!  Should be fun! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2004, 06:54:43 PM »

Here's one picture from...somewhere.  I forgot where I just downloaded it from! ???  But it's a pretty cool picture.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2004, 07:10:29 PM »

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to watch the Total Lunar Eclipse Tonight!  Should be fun! :D

I'll be long out of it, DRGeorge.  Enjoy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2004, 07:11:13 PM »

Here's one picture from...somewhere.  I forgot where I just downloaded it from! ???  But it's a pretty cool picture.

Cool?  Beautiful, fascinating, hypnotic!  I hope it looks like that for you.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2004, 07:18:14 PM »

DiT-cute

George, I would watch tonight if I could see the moon through the rain.

Our satellite went down around 6:00 and just returned.  I hate when that happens while I’m trying to send email or post.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2004, 07:19:32 PM »

'night

td

• td
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2004, 07:24:39 PM »

DR elmoore!  I'm so glad that you're back online and feeling as well as one possibly can after your hospital visit!

ASK BK QUESTION:

Do you have anecdotes to share about Mr.  J K Simmons?  (i hadn't realized that aside from OZ, LAW & ORDER and DAS B, he was also in the revival of GUYS AND DOLLS).

Speaking of THE BLUE BIRD, the Russian/USA collaboration is available on dvd. . .just not region one.  La Liz, La Ava, La Cicely and La Jane. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2004, 07:30:21 PM »

Wasn't Ms. Stephanie Powers onstage recently on the East Coast in APPLAUSE???  (or am i only dreaming?)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2004, 07:38:20 PM »

No anecdotes or even mairzy doates about J.K. except he was fun to work with and a very pleasant fellow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2004, 07:38:57 PM »

And might I just echo elmore and say where in tarnation IS everyone?  Let's not have a drearly old end to October.  

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2004, 07:45:25 PM »

My aim is not to stay up all night tomorrow (tonight) - the night before my trip.

DR Panni wrote this just after midnight (HHW time). So, if I gather correctly, she's leaving tomorrow? Right? Have a safe and delightful trip, DR Panni! And don't stay up all night tonight (tomorrow).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 07:46:43 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2004, 07:47:09 PM »

I'm here, BK. I just don't have much to say. And procrastinating is such hard work. I'm exhausted.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2004, 07:48:49 PM »

Speaking of THE BLUE BIRD, the Russian/USA collaboration is available on dvd. . .just not region one.  La Liz, La Ava, La Cicely and La Jane. . . .
Not in Region One in an attempt to protect the guilty?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2004, 07:50:47 PM »

Tomorrow is another lad-sitting day.  The day care people are all attending a funeral.  (Not for one of the kids, thankfully.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

td

• td
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2004, 07:51:46 PM »

And might I just echo elmore and say where in tarnation IS everyone?  Let's not have a drearly old end to October.  

I'm right here.
Watching BROADWAY'S LOST TREASURES 2 when not outside watching the total eclipse of the moon.

td

• td
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2004, 07:52:45 PM »

Not in Region One in an attempt to protect the guilty?

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this appear in region one from FOX; after all, look at the wonderful treatment they gave to CLEOPATRA.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2004, 07:54:24 PM »

Wasn't Ms. Stephanie Powers onstage recently on the East Coast in APPLAUSE???  (or am i only dreaming?)

DRtd, I believe she was Margo Channing in the Papermill Playhouse production.

J K Simmons is on the cast recording of BIRDS OF PARADISE.  I saw him do Jigger in CAROUSEL for the Houston Grand opera in a fantastic production by Gerald Guttierez.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2004, 08:08:11 PM »

I've been out most of the day doing trip or moving errands. Now I must start packing - after cleaning up.
It's been a long day which won't end for some time. Sorry not to post or read. Will try to catch up.
The moon was spectacular tonight.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2004, 08:08:25 PM »

Did you ever have days where you do something really stupid and can't undo it?
I just decided to hit eBay for a DVD of Danny Kaye's HANS ANDERSEN, so I did a search "hans christian andersen DVD kaye."  I found a good price, bought it now, and paid by Paypal.  Well, I just just bought a VHS copy!  I clearly disregarded the VHS  in the title listing.  So, why the hell did a search for DVD bring up a VHS?  I'm more pissed because I have eat the damned thing!  Blame it on the drugs (now or then)!

Last year I was on an eBay CD buying spree and once or twice I wasn't too careful.  I bid on and won a copy of Tovarich even though I already had a copy.  Even worse, I bid and won what I thought was a CD of Mary Martin's Jennie.  As was my habit, I put in my payment on PayPal as soon as I saw that I had won.  It wasn't until it arrived that I realized that the item was actually a Playbill of the show.  D'oh!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2004, 08:18:15 PM »

No eclipse for us in Philly tonight.  The clouds have decided that the show M'lady Moon was to put on was too indecent.  Foo and wee.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2004, 08:20:30 PM »

Last year I was on an eBay CD buying spree and once or twice I wasn't too careful.  I bid on and won a copy of Tovarich even though I already had a copy.  Even worse, I bid and won what I thought was a CD of Mary Martin's Jennie.  As was my habit, I put in my payment on PayPal as soon as I saw that I had won.  It wasn't until it arrived that I realized that the item was actually a Playbill of the show.  D'oh!

At a country auction, the DP asked me to bid on a sugar bowl. I got distracted by a woman who was telling me about her celebrity salt-and-pepper shaker collection (her prize was a Sir John A. Macdonald - Canada's first Prime Minister - salt shaker). Then I turned and saw that the sugar bowl was on the auction block. I bid and won. But it turned out the sugar bowl was the previous item - and I wound up with a baby gate. Try explaining that one!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2004, 08:24:43 PM »

I think this tour was on the road about eight years ago.  Ann Reinking directed and/or choreographed.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2004, 08:26:47 PM »

LOST is a magnificent show. I cannot believe they continue to shock and surprise me week after week. Just loved tonight's episode.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2004, 08:28:55 PM »

Bon Voyage, DR Panni!  Enjoy your trip!
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2004, 08:29:23 PM »

DR td wrote: "Speaking of THE BLUE BIRD, the Russian/USA collaboration is available on dvd. . .just not region one.  La Liz, La Ava, La Cicely and La Jane. . . ."

La bomb.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2004, 08:30:29 PM »

Watching the "documentaries" on the new Dr. Strangelove DVD.  The only one that's decent had already been available on the last SE Strangelove DVD.  The sole reason to get this is the fantastic new transfer, at long last in 1:66 and anamorphically enhanced for widescreen TVs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2004, 09:02:18 PM »

Oh, dear, oh, dear, the posts have waned.  Skammen.  Perhaps some late-night denizens will show up and get us out of the doldrums.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up