Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DRIED FRUIT  (Read 17390 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:DRIED FRUIT
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2005, 07:42:29 PM »

Close to dinnertime, so here's an update:

Steaks, simply grilled.

Baked 'taters (in the oven now), with some cheese, some spring onions, some sour cream, some butter...the works.

Spinach, sauteed down, with mushrooms and bacon crumbles, and a little garlic.

This is what I call a no-effort meal.

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2005, 07:48:23 PM »

Next week will be fun week.  Der Brucer is on grandlad duty all week, transporting them to their different summer camps (Alex goes farming, William plays soccer).  Meanwhile, I've got a work schedule that's totally in the air.  Meanwhile, on Monday Night, there's a Log Cabin Delaware meeting being held in town THAT WE ONLY LEARNED ABOUT YESTERDAY!!!  Hopefully, my schedule won't conflict too much.  But der B will be lucky to get there an hour late.  If, that is, his daughter doesn't insist on talking his ear off and holding him up.

We're both torked off enough with her, as it is.  She thinks our car smells too much of dog, and it makes us smell like dogs.  That's why she sprayed our car with some anti-smell stuff.  The car now smells like a French whorehouse.  Any vibular bitch-slaps in her direction will be appreciated.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2005, 07:49:08 PM »

Re: quake.  I saw a neighbour's window rattle for about two seconds while I was walking the dog.  I felt nothing.  I thought the shaking window was either a quake or someone having raucous sex beyond the curtains.  What was really amazing was coming home and, while eating lunch, watching all the news channels like CNN and Fox all over it.  You just want to say to them, this no reaction out here at all and everyone goes on with their business.

François de Paris

« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2005, 07:54:41 PM »

One of my favourite ghost story in films:

TRULY MADLY DEEPLY

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103129/plotsummary

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2005, 07:59:04 PM »

To quote DR RLP:

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

In the cool, cool, cool of the evening...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2005, 08:05:07 PM »

We started watching "Guys and Dolls" last night.  I don't think I have ever seen it before (certainly not in colour!).  Brando is so WRONG.

I disagree. I think he's perfect casting IF he could sing. That, sadly, he's not very good at.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2005, 08:09:04 PM »

I don't believe Sinatra and Blaine for a second. I think HE'S the bad casting. Of course, it's common knowledge he wanted the part of Sky and didn't really put much effort in playing Nathan.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2005, 08:10:57 PM »

It's actually going to get down to 60 tonight! Wow! We haven't seen temperatures like that all week!

Matt H.

« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2005, 08:14:10 PM »

Congrats on a long weekend, DR Ron. So, are you planning on watching some of those DVDs you recently got over the long weekend? Or do you have out of town plans?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2005, 08:17:45 PM »

Ron, darling, 5.3 is one thing (close to reality), 7 point is something wholly other, totally from Fantasyland, and, frankly, panic-inducing (the woman was talking very loudly and you could see concerned people).

François de Paris

« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2005, 08:19:29 PM »

George Happy Birthday to your mother & to your parents on their 41st anniversary.

François de Paris thank you for sharing the Julie Andrews story and the poem.

Oh, you're welcome!

« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 08:23:31 PM by François de Paris »

François de Paris

« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2005, 08:30:33 PM »

I hate Meatloaf. Yuck.  

I would do anything for love,
But I won't do that......

But I LOVE MeatLoaf!!!!

When I was a Tour Guide for Walt Disney World, one of my colleagues had to VIP Mr Meatloaf who ended up a rude "customer". He asked to have another Tour Guide with him and almost got my colleague fired!

Anyhow, I was overlooked most of the time when it came to VIPs!(That's what one gets for not being American in the first place!) The few ones I got ( Mike Connors...) were darlings!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 08:47:41 PM by François de Paris »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2005, 08:37:59 PM »

So...

After leaving the theatre, I decided to drive up to the Adams Morgan neighborhood and walk around for bit, grab a bite to eat. Gorgeous night out!

I ended up at the historic Ben's Chili Bowl.  I've passed it many times, but never been in.  I got a classic meal of a Chili-Dog, Cheese Fries and an Iced Tea.  Very good.  And very non-greasy for a greasy spoon.

http://www.benschilibowl.com

Then it was over to the Love Cafe for some dessert.  Well, desserts. ;)  The place is the cafe for the Cakelove bakery across the street.  So, let's see what they put in my box of goodies

Cupcakes:  Chocolate Cake dipped in Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Cake with Lime Buttercream, Chocolate Cake with Amaretto Buttercream and Slivered Almonds, Yellow Cake with Fresh Strawberry Buttercream; and one "Crunchy Feet" (foot?) - a mini  pound cake with buttercream.

:)

And, no, I have not ate all of them.  Yet.

;)

http://www.cakelove.com/lovecafe/
Make Your Own Luck.

François de Paris

« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2005, 08:46:01 PM »

So...

After leaving the theatre, I decided to drive up to the Adams Morgan neighborhood and walk around for bit, grab a bite to eat. Gorgeous night out!

I ended up at the historic Ben's Chili Bowl.  I've passed it many times, but never been in.  I got a classic meal of a Chili-Dog, Cheese Fries and an Iced Tea.  Very good.  And very non-greasy for a greasy spoon.

http://www.benschilibowl.com

Then it was over to the Love Cafe for some dessert.  Well, desserts. ;)  The place is the cafe for the Cakelove bakery across the street.  So, let's see what they put in my box of goodies

Cupcakes:  Chocolate Cake dipped in Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Cake with Lime Buttercream, Chocolate Cake with Amaretto Buttercream and Slivered Almonds, Yellow Cake with Fresh Strawberry Buttercream; and one "Crunchy Feet" (foot?) - a mini  pound cake with buttercream.

:)

And, no, I have not ate all of them.  Yet.

;)

http://www.cakelove.com/lovecafe/

Oh yes, we can see you, Jose, in the pic!! ;D

http://www.benschilibowl.com/image5atest.html

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #194 on: June 16, 2005, 08:47:03 PM »

We have electricity now.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2005, 08:55:38 PM »

Gaslight was more romantic. Congratulations DR Laura. Only a century behind now.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2005, 09:13:13 PM »

We have electricity now.

Let there be light!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2005, 09:34:43 PM »

I've got a sweet tooth, baby.  I'm trying to be good, but I may have to give in, oh, yes, I may have to give in.  But, I've only eaten a BLT and fries all day (well, some popcorn, too).  We shall see.

I've been nosing around the kritzerland site - I'm really liking a lot of it.  There are some things to fix, but it all works as it should.

Okay, Mac users.  When I try to open a video clip, I'm presented with a download window - it then takes three minutes to load the clip, puts it on my desktop, and THEN opens the player and plays.  When I had someone else test it, it streamed fine, like it should.  So, do I have to set something differently in preferences?  I've had this problem at amazon occasionally when trying to play their audio clips - instead of just getting the player and it buffering or whatever it's supposed to do, I get the download window and it puts it on my desktop.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2005, 09:36:24 PM »

Next week will be fun week.  Der Brucer is on grandlad duty all week, transporting them to their different summer camps (Alex goes farming, William plays soccer).  Meanwhile, I've got a work schedule that's totally in the air.  Meanwhile, on Monday Night, there's a Log Cabin Delaware meeting being held in town THAT WE ONLY LEARNED ABOUT YESTERDAY!!!  Hopefully, my schedule won't conflict too much.  But der B will be lucky to get there an hour late.  If, that is, his daughter doesn't insist on talking his ear off and holding him up.

We're both torked off enough with her, as it is.  She thinks our car smells too much of dog, and it makes us smell like dogs.  That's why she sprayed our car with some anti-smell stuff.  The car now smells like a French whorehouse.  Any vibular bitch-slaps in her direction will be appreciated.   :P

Maybe you could kidnap her and take her to your Log Cabin meeting! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2005, 09:45:44 PM »

Thank you Elmore, Danise and Jane for your birthday/anniversary wishes for my mother/parents!  And everyone else, too!

Applebee's was as good as usual.  Everyone had something different, except my dad and I (both named George, as a matter of fact) had the chicken fried steak.  Not enough gravy (there never is...but what was there was very good) and I don't like the mixed vegetables, but overall everyone had a good meal.  Afterwards, my niece and I went to Shari's and bought a couple of pies (one was Oreo and the other was apple) and we brought them to my parents' for dessert.  I wanted to get dessert at Applebee's, but for some reason, no one did.  Anyway, each dessert at Applebee's cost almost as much as a whole pie at Shari's!  It was a good choice, financially.  And the pies were pretty good, so I didn't really mind.  That was my evening.

For my mom's gift, my sister bought a garden angel made of concrete (I think, or something like it).  Ever since she retired, my mom has been working in her garden and it's beautiful.  She said that any garden item will be a perfect gift, so that's what we get her.  ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2005, 09:58:07 PM »

DR MattH:  I'm home...watching...and cleaning...and lazing...and waiting for another opportunity to be addressed as "darling."

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2005, 09:59:33 PM »

The HOA meeting was DULL, DULL, DULL.

I cannot imagine how bad it must be in "executive" session where they really get down to the nitty gritty.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2005, 09:59:43 PM »

Well, starting tonight, I'm house-sitting again...at the same house as I did last month:  the house without a DVD player or computer. :P I'm staying there until Tuesday morning, but it will NOT prevent me from attending the 2005 Portland HHW Gathering!  I will be there (and bearing edible gifts)!!

Tomorrow, I'm driving my friend Margo to the SeaTac airport, so I won't be at work at all.  I also will not have any access to a computer until I come home later in the evening and check in.  

So, for tomorrow's Topic of the Day:

In my VCR:  a tape to tape tomorrow night's "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" episodes on ABC Family Channel.  (I LOVE this show!)

In my DVD player:  nothing, since the house I'm house-sitting has no DVD player (how many times can I announce that?? ;))

In my CD player:  actually, I'll drive Margo to the airport in her car and she has a CD player, so I'm going to bring the original Broadway cast recording of Shenandoah that I just got in the mail today!  I've had the album for years, but never listened to it. :-[ I'll have to bring some other stuff to listen to, to be determined. ;D

I guess that's it for now.  Have a good evening all...and a good day tomorrow!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2005, 10:04:23 PM »

I've got a sweet tooth, baby.  I'm trying to be good, but I may have to give in, oh, yes, I may have to give in.  But, I've only eaten a BLT and fries all day (well, some popcorn, too).  We shall see.

I've been nosing around the kritzerland site - I'm really liking a lot of it.  There are some things to fix, but it all works as it should.

Okay, Mac users.  When I try to open a video clip, I'm presented with a download window - it then takes three minutes to load the clip, puts it on my desktop, and THEN opens the player and plays.  When I had someone else test it, it streamed fine, like it should.  So, do I have to set something differently in preferences?  I've had this problem at amazon occasionally when trying to play their audio clips - instead of just getting the player and it buffering or whatever it's supposed to do, I get the download window and it puts it on my desktop.

As for your sweettooth... The cupcakes are mine!

As for your Mac issue...  I've sort of had the same problem, but I think it's more related to how each website has their media options set up. Some sites I go to, the audio and video clips are only downloadable -I guess that saves bandwidth for them.  Other times, they stream right there.

Let me check around..
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2005, 10:28:10 PM »

Jose, when someone else tried the video clip it streamed fine, so it's definitely the Mac's preferences.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2005, 10:44:55 PM »

DRJOSE is a model employee and gets the shaft....where is his money, you deadbeats?  Roll them bones!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2005, 10:46:37 PM »

Yes, DR CP, I agree BASKERVILLES is not a ghost story - I guess I just wanted it to be.

TV GHOSTS?  Hmmmm.....TOPPER, of course.

But I also thought the father of the Mountie in DUE SOUTH who would show up when his son needed advice dealing with the wacky United States Citizens was also very clever and funny.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2005, 10:46:55 PM »

I don't know from MAC streaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #208 on: June 16, 2005, 10:47:55 PM »

Tomorrow doing the MAJOR stage combat segment of the show.  The two shorter ones went well and look good.

I guess I forgot to mention EVER here on HHW, that I also do stage combat.

DR LAURA...what a lovely photo.  It fits perfectly with DR GINNY's story.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2005, 10:48:39 PM »

Would Dorian Gray be a ghost or a demon or whut?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up