Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLURRING OF THE DAYS  (Read 4508 times)

Laura

Re: THE BLURRING OF THE DAYS
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2020, 02:28:18 PM »

I took a walk around the neighborhood. The citrus trees are in bloom.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2020, 02:48:36 PM »

DR JANE I do have what I need - unless we are tied down for more than two or three weeks.....my brother informs me that the STFH order doesn't begin until Wednesday, so we will be going to WalMart at 6 a.m. in the morning.

Not sure what I will find....but I will round out the cabinets....but leave lots for others that follow me.

I hope it isn't too crowded and you find what you want.

Jane

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2020, 02:49:45 PM »

I took a walk around the neighborhood. The citrus trees are in bloom.

Lovely.

Great conversation with your neighborhood child.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2020, 03:09:10 PM »

I am really not understanding this outrageous and oversized panic and hysteria about staying off the roads.  Sometimes a drive is necessary - just a drive - just getting the HELL out of the house, and sometimes the evening is a nice time to do that - you're not endangering anyone or anything.  I'm so done with this.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2020, 03:10:14 PM »

Food arrived at exactly two pm.  It was very good - a bit tepid, but still warm and good.  So, that worked.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2020, 03:14:29 PM »

Congrats on another successful delivery.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2020, 03:32:42 PM »

Listening to music and feeling extremely antsy right now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2020, 03:33:00 PM »

I may mosey on over to Gelson's around six-thirty to see if there's any tuna.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2020, 03:33:40 PM »

There probably won't be as people are cleaning the shelves of any canned goods - their shelves are probably lined with stuff they'll never actually eat.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »

Damnation!  I was going to watch the extras on the Criterion Blu-Ray of Nashville, and I cannot find the damned DVD!  I will need to tear the place apart tomorrow looking for it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2020, 04:53:40 PM »

There probably won't be as people are cleaning the shelves of any canned goods - their shelves are probably lined with stuff they'll never actually eat.

I saw some on our shelves yesterday.  Good luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2020, 05:04:35 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2020, 05:12:19 PM »

I've spent the last several hours battling with a health care system that is beyond incompetent. The call that I KNEW was coming came: Cedars-Sinai cancelled my much-needed appointment with my osteopath for this Thursday. I understand that they want to minimize in-person visits as much as possible, but how do you do a blood draw over the phone? Or osteopathic manipulation? They are simply not thinking. No one knows anything. The nurse who called is the one I so dislike. I gave her a real earful. She was unable to answer any of my questions, such as when will the doctor return to his patients. I am in the high-risk group to start with, but without treatment and monitoring I am even more vulnerable. They are doing nothing to support us. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2020, 05:16:04 PM »

I need to see the surgeon again. I spoke to his very nice receptionist and we booked an appointment for mid-April. There's no way to know what will happen between now and then, but I figured it's best to get on the books, as we can always adjust things later. That office is always helpful. She admitted that things change daily, but so far their normal business hasn't been disrupted.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2020, 05:18:21 PM »

Like BK, I, too, needed a little drive. I drove to the mom-and-pop Mexican restaurant for some take-out tacos. Each time I see them I wonder if it'll be the last. I told them I'll support them as long as I can -- and I will.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2020, 05:25:46 PM »

It was a lovely day. It's always so clear after the rain. I wish I could have taken more time for a walk. I need to make a point of doing so. This is one area where we are receiving conflicting guidance, but as long as I distance myself I see no problem.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2020, 05:28:12 PM »

The governor of Indiana issued a STAY THE F HOME order.....so my brother and I will not be going to WalMart tomorrow.

Our governor is fiddling while the state burns.

Is he a Republican following his leader's tune?

He is.

We have gained enormous respect for our Republican governor, who began responding early, who defers to the experts around him, and who creates optics that are setting good examples for social distancing.  We watch his daily briefings, during which he, our rock star state health director Dr. Amy Acton, and the lieutenant governor have separate lecterns and the reporters are not in the same room.  Today the reporters were in the statehouse rotunda so that the seating could be spread out.

I do not agree with most of his political agenda, but I commend him at this time.

It's nice to see some leadership after all the bungling. He's setting a good example.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2020, 05:29:56 PM »

The shelter-at-home alert goes into effect at midnight. I don't know if my restaurant friends will be bale to stay open, even on a to-go-only basis.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2020, 05:30:37 PM »

Today was a roller coaster ride at work again, sometimes with a free-fall feeling added for good effect.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2020, 05:31:01 PM »

I, too, have the impression that there's a bit more on the shelves than a week ago. Encouraging, indeed.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2020, 05:32:03 PM »

Hi, John G.

John G.

« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2020, 05:32:32 PM »

I listened in on an executive credit card committee meeting discuss how we'll respond if we do end up with 20% unemployment. Very enlightening and even more depressing.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2020, 05:33:00 PM »

Hi, Jeanne.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2020, 05:34:17 PM »

I have been having problems with transferring my prescriptions from the CVS at work to the CVS in the neighborhood. I don't need that. I got one, but not the Allegra-D.
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2020, 05:40:02 PM »

All this disruption is identifying holes in our information systems. I'd like to think we'll be better off in the years ahead as a result, but only if we pay attention and fix the problems.

John G.

« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2020, 05:40:24 PM »

I have been cleaning up my garage lately and have actually made some progress. Trouble is, my outside trash can is full and pickup isn't until Thursday. So I'll have to clean something else for the next few days.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »

All this disruption is identifying holes in our information systems. I'd like to think we'll be better off in the years ahead as a result, but only if we pay attention and fix the problems.

I hope you're right. I doubt we will focus on anything but our own selfish interests.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2020, 05:41:49 PM »

A correction: The shelter-at-home begins at midnight tomorrow night.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2020, 05:42:26 PM »

I've spent the last several hours battling with a health care system that is beyond incompetent. The call that I KNEW was coming came: Cedars-Sinai cancelled my much-needed appointment with my osteopath for this Thursday. I understand that they want to minimize in-person visits as much as possible, but how do you do a blood draw over the phone? Or osteopathic manipulation? They are simply not thinking. No one knows anything. The nurse who called is the one I so dislike. I gave her a real earful. She was unable to answer any of my questions, such as when will the doctor return to his patients. I am in the high-risk group to start with, but without treatment and monitoring I am even more vulnerable. They are doing nothing to support us. 

I am so sorry and understand your frustration.  Is there anyway to communicate with your osteopath without going through the nurse?

John G.

« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2020, 05:43:50 PM »

TOD 3:

So many wonderful movies already mentioned. To add to the list and hopefully not repeat anything:

Taxi Driver
The Conversation
Paper Moon
Brewster McCloud
McCabe and Mrs. Miller
A Wedding
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up