Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORST FILM SCORE EVER  (Read 11683 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE WORST FILM SCORE EVER
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2012, 08:10:12 PM »

Closing Day vibes for DR GEORE & Co.

Thanks, Jack!  Today, we had two great shows.  Good audiences without too much interference from the kiddies.  Now, it's all over...back to my regular life. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »

good mrnng to all.

Had a bad few days with the first one with a trip to the ER. This has been my second trip in less than a month. My stomach problems have been acting up again and put me out of commission for the last few days. Seeing two doctors this week. Hoping that this can get to the bottom of it. I really hope that they can find something so they can know what to do to fix it

~~~Get Well Vibes for DR Mike (Shayne)!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2012, 08:21:55 PM »

I woke up feeling pretty lousy today. I got ready and was in the car getting ready to drive the 2 1/2 hours to go to my niece's baby shower.  I decided that it was pretty stupid to do 240 miles round trip when I feel so lousy, so I called Sam and she didn't care at all if I wasn't there.  My mom told me she thought I was crazy for driving that far for a baby shower in the first place, so I stayed home.  I am VERY glad I decided to stay home.   I feel much better now and can have another day to rest my ankle rather than driving 5 hours

Feel better, Cilla!

~~~DITTO!!~~~

George

« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »

~~~CONTINUED VIBES OF ALL KINDS FOR TCB!!~~~

George

« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2012, 08:31:33 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know what the worst film score ever is, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they've just informed me that Mr. Lloyd Webber is working on the sequel to Cats, entitled Cows.

:D :D :D :D

Maybe because DAWGS was taken. ;)

The score is by the Sherman Brothers!

George

« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »

My sister Molly and me getting ready for the party.....I made wine spritzers....and we also served Mimosas....and played the Newlywed Game with the couples of honor....it was most wonderful.

BUT the best part was having my parents and ALL of their children together!   ;D

Nice!  And great picture, Jack!

George

« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »

Richard Dawson has died.

I'd read that.  It's funny...he's one of those people that I thought had died years ago. :-\

George

« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »

Well, now that I've caught up with all the posts, I need to restart my computer to install some automatic updates.  So, I'm going to watch some TV upstairs. 

Be back later.

ChasSmith

« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »

Closing Day vibes for DR GEORE & Co.

Thanks, Jack!  Today, we had two great shows.  Good audiences without too much interference from the kiddies.  Now, it's all over...back to my regular life. :)

Sometimes there's something to be said for a regular life.

ChasSmith

« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2012, 08:52:25 PM »

Namely, right after the closing of a show!   :)

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2012, 10:23:12 PM »

My friends and I spent a delightful evening watching Bruce and his extraordinary performers (both vocal and instrumental) doing an evening of Randy Newman. It was superlative from beginning to end, with a very savvy song selection that drew from the best in RN's catalog—including a couple of wisely chosen obscure numbers. Even without the presence of drop-dead gorgeous Leigh Ann and Gia, or the über talented guitarist Grant Geissman, it would have been worth going just for Bruce's infamous "Don Knotts as Tevye" impersonation. Thanks so much, Mr K, for an evening of many laughs and even a few tears (Dennis Kyle's "Losing You" and Gia Mora's "Real Emotional Girl" really put a lump in our throats).

As for film scores...one of my favorites is Randy's rejected score for "Air Force One"!

Doug R

« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2012, 10:26:16 PM »

Back from an all-day major family get-together, hosted by distant relatives who we had located through the internet. The idea being to exchange family history and to try and come up with a definitive family tree. In particular we learnt much additional information about my great grandfather's brother and his wife who moved from England to purchase an estancia in Buenos Aires in the late 19th century.

Doug, are you still in Kiev?

No I'm back home. The get-together was about 50 miles north of London.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:33:28 PM by Doug R »

Doug R

« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2012, 10:29:17 PM »

I'm sorry you're still in pain, TCB. I hope it improves soon.

From what I have gathered from all my doctors and surgeons, the pain in my lower back is not going to go away.  The suregery was only supposed to cure (in time) the numbness in my left leg and my ability to walk.  Getting rid of the pain would require an additional surgery.

Very sorry to hear that TCB.

Doug R

« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2012, 10:29:55 PM »

For DR TCB and any other kindle owners

Okay here are the websites for kindle users where you sign up and they email you the free ebooks each day:

http://ereadernewstoday.com/

http://ereaderlove.com/

http://www.pixelofink.com/

http://youngedition.pixelofink.com/

Thank you Jennifer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »

So nice to see Bretty Spaghetti tonight. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2012, 10:43:18 PM »

Well, it really couldn't have gone better - this was a very difficult show to put together - to keep it all moving and fresh and get it in the right order.  But we had a great cast, and everyone delivered in spades, even the one number that I had to get a little tough about - the performer delivered it flawlessly.  Only one singer went up on a lyric and I don't even think anyone really knew - he just kind of moved around while Grant and Tom cleverly vamped and then Tom threw out the lyric to the singer who picked up and went right on.  It was a very large crowd, very responsive, and the patter, which wasn't as easy as doing Lost in Boston or musical theater commentary, came off really well, I thought.  Doing Don Knotts was so much fun - it really came out of the blue, but when I was talking about people who'd recorded Newman songs early on I mentioned Tammy Grimes - and then I did a little impression of Miss Grimes, which I do REALLY well and have done since I was a teen.  Then a little later when I said that the first version of I Think it's Going to Rain Today that I ever heard was by Joel Grey, I did my Joel Grey impression.  And then I just went to Don Knotts land.  I also had some really fun interplay with Grant Geissman.  Just such a fun evening all the way around.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2012, 11:32:39 PM »

Just got home from seeing the National tour of Mary Poppins and was just thoroughly overjoyed with the production.  Don't ask me if it's better than the movie or if I liked the movie better because I don't believe in comparing stage musicals with their movie counterpart and vice versa.  I cried many times. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »

Congrats on the show, BK. And congrats on your run, George.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #198 on: June 03, 2012, 11:42:11 PM »

Congrats on the show, BK. And congrats on your run, George.

Thanks, John G.!

George

« Reply #199 on: June 03, 2012, 11:47:25 PM »

Well, it really couldn't have gone better - this was a very difficult show to put together - to keep it all moving and fresh and get it in the right order.  But we had a great cast, and everyone delivered in spades, even the one number that I had to get a little tough about - the performer delivered it flawlessly.  Only one singer went up on a lyric and I don't even think anyone really knew - he just kind of moved around while Grant and Tom cleverly vamped and then Tom threw out the lyric to the singer who picked up and went right on.  It was a very large crowd, very responsive, and the patter, which wasn't as easy as doing Lost in Boston or musical theater commentary, came off really well, I thought.  Doing Don Knotts was so much fun - it really came out of the blue, but when I was talking about people who'd recorded Newman songs early on I mentioned Tammy Grimes - and then I did a little impression of Miss Grimes, which I do REALLY well and have done since I was a teen.  Then a little later when I said that the first version of I Think it's Going to Rain Today that I ever heard was by Joel Grey, I did my Joel Grey impression.  And then I just went to Don Knotts land.  I also had some really fun interplay with Grant Geissman.  Just such a fun evening all the way around.

Congrats on another success, BK!

George

« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2012, 11:58:23 PM »

Well, I need to go to bed.  I have to get to work early.

Good night, all. 8)

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #201 on: June 04, 2012, 12:00:26 AM »

I've no doubt that a lot of hard work went into preparing this show, but everybody made it look effortless. My friends and I are all extreme Randy Newman fanatics, and I don't think any of us noticed a single flubbed line. I sure didn't. The Tammy Grimes schtick was truly inspired! I was unaware that Joel Grey did "Rain Today," but that was another terrific impersonation, and it got such a great reaction. I would pay to see an entire evening of these impersonations; I think people would really love it.

Someone should revive my favorite obscure RN tune, "She Chose Me" from Cop Rock. Randy's demo is truly heartbreaking. I am astonished nobody has ever covered it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up