Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SO INCLINED  (Read 12629 times)

td

• td
Re: SO INCLINED
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2010, 02:26:22 PM »

Happy anniversary, DR JMK.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2010, 02:30:10 PM »

I watched GLEE'S first season's 14th episode last night, and I have to say that it's either "a guy thing" or the brilliance of the writing which causes this much discussion over that brilliantly played (by both participants) scene.  I'm with Matt on this one.  Plus the fact that Schuster's conversation with Flynn was mirrored later in Emma's conversation with Schuster.  This is going to prove to be a very interesting second half of the season.

Poor Idina Menzel, though.  RENT and ENCHANTED showed that she's not photogenic.  GLEE proved that there's not a photogenic portion of her face. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »

DR Matt H, I never saw Madonna's Vogue.  I think Emma turned him down after his encounter, she only said she wasn't ready for sex.  In all fairness, he did stop before it went too far.  He is such an idiot though since he went there worried Rachael was being taken advantage of & then gets caught in the trap.  I thought he had fallen in love with Emma, he could give her just a little bit of time since she is only scared, not unwilling.

She's also germaphobic, something that might cause a bit of a problem when it comes to intimacy.

That could.  I think that can be overcome.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2010, 02:43:09 PM »

Topic of the Day (so far):

In my CD player at work:  just arrived in the mail:  an autographed(!) copy of Maria Friedman's brand new "Maria Friedman Celebrates the Great British Songbook," then Fine and Dandy (the world premiere recording...from the library), Follies (the London cast recording...a replacement...the 1-CD release :() and A Gala Concert for Hal Prince (a recent Amazon purchase...used, but in very good condition).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2010, 02:43:27 PM »

In other breaking news, it is the 16th anniversary of DW Wife Betsy and myself.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Jane

« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2010, 02:44:35 PM »

I just had a nice talk with Mr Ron Raines, who's back from seeing Charlotte in a play at U of michigan, and it was nice to catch up. I have to get myself some dinner, once I figure out what that may be, and do a little more OZ work.

Speaking of U of M, our own Swishy Sarah has accepted an invite there for graduate school.

Jane

« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2010, 02:47:08 PM »

I watched GLEE'S first season's 14th episode last night, and I have to say that it's either "a guy thing" or the brilliance of the writing which causes this much discussion over that brilliantly played (by both participants) scene.  I'm with Matt on this one.  Plus the fact that Schuster's conversation with Flynn was mirrored later in Emma's conversation with Schuster.  This is going to prove to be a very interesting second half of the season.

I would say it is a guy vs gal take on this, except for Keith's reaction.  He didn't care at all.  I think if he doesn't like the next episode GLEE will be off viewing list.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »

I do wish BK would dine at a White Castle while he's in Indianapolis.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2010, 02:53:13 PM »

AKA White Death? I loved them.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »

Topic of the Day (so far):

In my CD player at work:  just arrived in the mail:  an autographed(!) copy of Maria Friedman's brand new "Maria Friedman Celebrates the Great British Songbook," then Fine and Dandy (the world premiere recording...from the library), Follies (the London cast recording...a replacement...the 1-CD release :() and A Gala Concert for Hal Prince (a recent Amazon purchase...used, but in very good condition).
Gerat finds. I love that "Fine and Dandy" recording.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2010, 02:58:41 PM »

Nothing better than a bag of sliders. And some of those crispy onion rings on the side. Will have to go when I visit Louisville soon.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2010, 03:05:02 PM »

Happy Anniversary, JMK and Betsy!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2010, 03:16:14 PM »

MEdia Check

DVD:  The animated THE LORD OF THE RINGS movie, which I recall one critic aptly describing as "a punishment for bad children..."

I have the animated LOTR movies, but haven't watched any of them...I also bought the 2-record set to "The Hobbit."  It included iron-on transfers of some of the characters. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2010, 03:33:11 PM »

Does anyone else here remember how former DR "Swishy Sarah" got her nickname?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2010, 03:43:47 PM »

It's a rave! :)

'Brassy Broads’ delivers plenty of laughs

*Although, I don't think the set designer was going for "bordello-worthy".  However, since there are two numbers from The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas in the show, well... ;)

I'm glad to know that the "plenty of laughs" did not refer to your piano playing!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2010, 03:50:27 PM »

Here's a link to the story about the meeting last night http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/article_2d94a558-491b-11df-8be4-001cc4c03286.html?mode=story

He Who Hates Cats is quoted in this one http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/article_c5a9d52a-4920-11df-b27e-001cc4c03286.html
His initials are GW

The article has a lot of mistakes in it.  Like it was Thursday and not Monday when we went to the meeting.  The address on the Peletier Mansion is wrong, etc.  But at least there's a story

When do we get a photo of the man who hates cats, but makes your heart flutter?
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2010, 03:58:45 PM »

She had a pair of short that swished when she walked.

Jane

« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2010, 04:03:32 PM »

Here's a link to the story about the meeting last night http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/article_2d94a558-491b-11df-8be4-001cc4c03286.html?mode=story

He Who Hates Cats is quoted in this one http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/article_c5a9d52a-4920-11df-b27e-001cc4c03286.html
His initials are GW

The article has a lot of mistakes in it.  Like it was Thursday and not Monday when we went to the meeting.  The address on the Peletier Mansion is wrong, etc.  But at least there's a story

When do we get a photo of the man who hates cats, but makes your heart flutter?

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2010, 04:07:48 PM »

I thought that this post.....

And they don't do it for health reason's either, I've tried.

....was in response to this quote.

DR Matt H, I never saw Madonna's Vogue.  I think Emma turned him down after his encounter, she only said she wasn't ready for sex.  In all fairness, he did stop before it went too far.  He is such an idiot though since he went there worried Rachael was being taken advantage of & then gets caught in the trap.  I thought he had fallen in love with Emma, he could give her just a little bit of time since she is only scared, not unwilling.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2010, 04:10:52 PM »

His initials are GW

I thought this had been revised to "He Who Really Doesn't Like Cats"...is he back to hating them, now?

I've given him enough grief that it's now become an inside joke.  At this point if he loved cats, he wouldn't tell me

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2010, 04:12:34 PM »

Happy Anniersary to JMK and saintly-wife, Betsy.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2010, 04:12:40 PM »

DR Laura, here's the photo

SO-O-O CREEPY!

Actually the clown did creep people out at the beginning of the meeting and we kept turning around to see if he was there.  He didn't say a word for several hours.  Then we took a break and he told us who he was and it all became quite funny. As the meeting opened the mayor said "Oh, it appears we have a clown in the gallery...well, at least you appear to be a clown, but if you aren't I don't mean to offend you"

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2010, 04:14:20 PM »

...um, GLEE is just a TV show, right?...

Absolutely not.  It is a real life - filmed with hidden cameras...it's a reality show - like THE HILLS.

:D

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2010, 04:15:20 PM »

Our CPA uses two monitors when he is doing tax prep.

One for the real books and one for the.....well

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2010, 04:15:46 PM »

MEdia Check

DVD:  The animated THE LORD OF THE RINGS movie, which I recall one critic aptly describing as "a punishment for bad children..."

I have the animated LOTR movies, but haven't watched any of them...I also bought the 2-record set to "The Hobbit."  It included iron-on transfers of some of the characters. ;D

Remember George to iron them on clothing, not on yourself!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2010, 04:16:20 PM »

Well...

I didn't end up heading out to meet Steve for lunch...

Nor did I accomplish my goal of trying to get out of my parents house before 2:00pm. -It's only 1:53pm right now, but I no it ain't gonna happen in the next seven minutes...

However...

I did manage to set up my Dad's new HP Laptop Computer.  -It's sort of interesting how Windows 7 looks like OS X Snow Leopard in some respects.  Hmmm...

That was my idea

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2010, 04:18:59 PM »

And now I cannot stop thinking of MR BK and DR CP rocking in chairs on the front porch at Cracker Barrel.

DR CP:  Boy the food here is terrible.

MR BK:  It sure is.  And such small portions, too.

I am sitting on my own front porch laughing out loud (I'm in a chaise lounge, however)

Laura

« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2010, 04:19:25 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2010, 04:20:01 PM »

DR Cilla I enjoyed the articles & the clown photo. :)  Since you & the guy who hates cats have become friends, be careful about becoming FB friends unless you delete your comments there ;)
We're facebook friends, but I know that and know he's reading it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2010, 04:20:47 PM »

In other breaking news, it is the 16th anniversary of DW Wife Betsy and myself.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FROM MY FRONT PORCH TO YOURS~~
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up