Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TALE OF THE ALLERGIES  (Read 11140 times)

MBarnum

Re: THE TALE OF THE ALLERGIES
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »

I was going to make a post with regards to a previous post, but now I have forgotten what it was.

MBarnum

« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »

Oh yes, DR Charles Pogue....what a fun trip!!! That is a lot of plays to take in, and it is wonderful that you were able to!

Hope there will be snap shots!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2011, 05:17:23 PM »

Date, smate. Who needs a date when you have cable TV.

The story of my life. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2011, 05:49:16 PM »

Sigh. You are a good person, Ginny. Take a small blanket for her. She'll be freezing.

Hospitals should have blankets you can request that have been kept in a warmer.  They feel really good.

Yes, they do, but they are very very thin and cool off quickly. Our tiny little old lady who fell at church was freezing. We took her a fleecy/fluffy blanket, and she said it kept her warm.

That is good to know, thank you. 

Jane

« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2011, 05:58:39 PM »

My library got THE SOCIAL NETWORK yesterday. And since it's about a real person we are allowed to reserve it (they stopped letting us reserve movies, except those about real people). And since i "suggested" it they put it aside for me. So I will get to watch it this weekend.

We still haven't watched, maybe tonight.  Craig enjoyed it.  Remember it is a one sided story even if your library calls it a true story.

Every "true" story is a one-sided story! You've been carrying on about this film as if the founder of Facebook is an old friend you need to defend from bad people. So, let's go right to the point: is he? :D

I wish.;D

This story just reflects so many "true" stories that mess terribly with the facts.    It is far from the first movie to annoy me this way even while I have enjoyed the story.  It may bother me more because it is current history.  Honestly I don't spend much time on this except when I'm commenting. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »

Finding ABE vibes for DR MATTHEW.....someone even better and MORE fun!

Great article DR DRUXY!

Lovely pictures from DR LAURA....

LA VIBES for DR KEVIN....thanks for the report.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2011, 06:09:32 PM »

DR CP!

I had just read an article on the National Theater production of FRANKENSTEIN!!!  Great that you got to see it!!

http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/64322/frankenstein/manmade-creatures.html

And of course I also enjoyed the Mary Poppins auditions.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »

Has anyone heard anything about a Spiderman musical or something....it's supposed to be on Broadway or some place.  It's being kept pretty much in the dark......

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2011, 06:11:51 PM »

DR Ginny how is your aunt?  VIBES TO HER, AND TO YOU!

Thanks for asking, DR Jane, and thanks to all who sent vibes while I was gone today.

Aunt Jo is all settled in a skilled nursing room back at the retirement community where she and my mom live.  When I got to the ER they were shoving release papers at her to sign and they were going to send her, by ambulance, back to her independent living situation.  Now, this 82-year-old woman can't even stand up, so how is she supposed to live on her own?  The ER nurse was really p****d at me for not letting my aunt sign the papers and ignored us for the next couple of hours.  Finally, the physician came by and was surprised to see us still there, so she got things rolling and we finally got back to the campus about 4pm.  There was some arranging to do when the staff there saw her condition, but they finally worked it out and I left about 6:30.  I've talked to my cousin in GA, who's her medical power of attorney, a couple of times and told him that I was glad to step in today, but I'm not up to day after day of this.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2011, 06:12:25 PM »

Craig Brockman posted an interesting video of CATCH ME IF YOU CAN rehearsal on Facebook.....I don't NOT like it.....but why are the two leads singing like they are contestants on AMERICAN IDOL.....I hate that yowling and growling and yodeling CRAP.

Scroll down and click to watch.

http://broadwayworld.com/article/BWW_TV_Broadway_Beat_Watch_CATCH_ME_IF_YOU_CAN_in_Rehearsal_Part_1_20110210

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2011, 06:13:15 PM »

Whew!  You were an angel of mercy today DR GINNY.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »

Above video features Tom Wopat.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »

DR Ginny how is your aunt?  VIBES TO HER, AND TO YOU!

Thanks for asking, DR Jane, and thanks to all who sent vibes while I was gone today.

Aunt Jo is all settled in a skilled nursing room back at the retirement community where she and my mom live.  When I got to the ER they were shoving release papers at her to sign and they were going to send her, by ambulance, back to her independent living situation.  Now, this 82-year-old woman can't even stand up, so how is she supposed to live on her own?  The ER nurse was really p****d at me for not letting my aunt sign the papers and ignored us for the next couple of hours.  Finally, the physician came by and was surprised to see us still there, so she got things rolling and we finally got back to the campus about 4pm.  There was some arranging to do when the staff there saw her condition, but they finally worked it out and I left about 6:30.  I've talked to my cousin in GA, who's her medical power of attorney, a couple of times and told him that I was glad to step in today, but I'm not up to day after day of this.

You aunt must have been very relieved to see you.  I'm surprised the retirement home/skilled nursing section doesn't have a liaison person for the hospital to call in situations like this.  Maybe they do & the mean nurse didn't bother or know.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2011, 06:21:26 PM »

Ginny does your aunt have a cell phone to call her son in emergencies.  The hospital should also call if she requests it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2011, 06:26:27 PM »

I really wish they'd stop shoving Broadway shows in rehearsals down everyone's throats.  Seeing that really makes me not want to see the who - they are doing no one a favor, least of all themselves.  These press events and all that - never used to happen and yet shows managed to run years and years without having to resort to that.

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2011, 06:31:02 PM »

DR Jane - yes, my aunt was glad to see me.  She's very hard of hearing and has great difficulty hearing/understanding officious hospital workers, especially with all the background noise.  I think there's also some early dementia going on, so she gets very confused.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2011, 06:34:32 PM »

As for calling my cousin, he lives a day's drive away.  And his brother lives in Japan, but is due to arrive Wednesday for a visit.  Won't he be surprised...

Jane

« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2011, 06:55:11 PM »

DR Jane - yes, my aunt was glad to see me.  She's very hard of hearing and has great difficulty hearing/understanding officious hospital workers, especially with all the background noise.  I think there's also some early dementia going on, so she gets very confused.

But he should be able to speak to her on the phone, and to the doctor, to get a better understanding of what is happening.  I think it is possible there is a liaison person at the retirement home.

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2011, 07:06:36 PM »

Yes, Jane, there are lots of liaison people at Otterbein, but today I found out that they had the wrong phone number for my cousin (they have the correct one now...).  And, talking on the phone to my aunt is nearly impossible because of her hearing impairment.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2011, 07:12:27 PM »

It is a shame about the hearing along with the dementia.  I'm glad you could be there and if there is a next time hopefully they will work it out with the liaison person.  Wait, you said they had the wrong number for your cousin but what about them communicating with the hospital?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2011, 07:13:24 PM »

Oh yes, DR Charles Pogue....what a fun trip!!! That is a lot of plays to take in, and it is wonderful that you were able to!

Hope there will be snap shots!

I tried to email the photos I had taken via my new cell phone, but they kept saying they went to an "invalid destination address".  Looks like a trip to Verizon tomorrow to see what's going on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2011, 07:13:26 PM »

Had some chicken soup for dinner and am now watching a motion picture.

FJL

« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2011, 07:18:21 PM »

Did you not like the CATCH ME IF YOU CAN rehearsal footage?

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2011, 07:18:59 PM »

The last thing I want to say about my day is that I'm pretty sure geriatric nursing or social work are not potential "encore" careers for me.

'night...

Laura

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2011, 07:26:51 PM »

DR Ginny, I understand. I am not a social worker.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »

This weekend, I pretty much have nothing to do except for a lot of TV watching.  But tonight, Theater Artists Olympia (TAO) is putting on a fundraiser. 

Theatre Artists Olympia offers a “A Well EnTAOed Valentine”!

This is a picture from the Facebook event:

FYI:  that's a photograph of Heather, who played Joyce in TAO's The Brain From Planet X.

FYI, too:  the dragofly logo "tattoo" is photoshopped.  She's all natural...and I mean ALL natural. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2011, 07:29:11 PM »

My library got THE SOCIAL NETWORK yesterday. And since it's about a real person we are allowed to reserve it (they stopped letting us reserve movies, except those about real people). And since i "suggested" it they put it aside for me. So I will get to watch it this weekend.

Your library has some weird rules. :-\ We only restrict the total number holds that a person can place, which is 25 (we used to have a limit of 200 holds per patron), but other than reference items (which are library-use only), anyone can reserve anything.

My library does allow anyone to reserve movies. They used to let people "suggest" movies and then let those people reserve them (which worked for me). But when they changed to their new online system everyone could see everything online. So they thought it was unfair that people would think only some people who knew the rules could reserve movies.

Personally (and I had a long talk with one of the people in charge) I would rather be able to reserve all movies. But since our loan period is nly 3 days. And you have 2 days to pick up movies. They did not like the idea that movies would spend so much time waiting at the front desk.

So now we are allowed to reserve documentaries or any movie that is about a real person (cause we can get those for a week). Also if we see that a movie is in we can call and ask them to put it aside and pick it up the same day.

Since the dvds are free, and a lot of people take out dvds they like this system. I don't really like it. But I can still call and have them put movies aside. So usually it is hard to get a movie for the first few weeks. But for The Social Network, they had already put it aside for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2011, 07:30:45 PM »

BK, I'm curious about something you wrote in the notes.  How do you know that what you have is allergies and not a cold?  You said you were sneezing (which could be either). But then you said you had a sore throat. I've never heard of a sore throat for allergies. And sinus problems and congestion sounds more like a cold.

The reason I know it's allergies is that I don't, in fact, get a sore throat - I get a scratchy, itchy throat when I get these attacks.

Yah itchy throat sounds like allergies. But what about the sinus problems?  I guess in the winter you guys don't get as many colds as we do in the freezing cold.

Jennifer

« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2011, 07:33:03 PM »

BK, I'm curious about something you wrote in the notes.  How do you know that what you have is allergies and not a cold?  You said you were sneezing (which could be either). But then you said you had a sore throat. I've never heard of a sore throat for allergies. And sinus problems and congestion sounds more like a cold.

Sore throats are part of severe allergies and not fun at all.  I often have trouble knowing if I have the beginning of a cold or allergies.

I used to have very bad allergies when i was younger. Had to get shots every week.  Lately I do not get sick in the summer (with ragweed and stuff). I just get reactions to things like cigarette smoke (which thankfully i can pretty much completely avoid now) and perfume.

George

« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2011, 07:35:37 PM »

In our libraries (we have 27 branches spread over five counties), feature films have a one-week loan period and everything else (except for reference) has a three-week loan period.  And I think that people can take up to 10 days to pick up an item that's waiting.

If you're interested, click HERE to find out more about our borrowing rules. :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up