Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THESE ARE NOT A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS  (Read 14654 times)

The Vixter

Re: THESE ARE NOT A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2011, 07:48:13 PM »

DR the vixter - As for Love Never Dies, well... I have listened to it once, and, frankly, once was enough for me.  It's not bad, it's just a bit bland to me.  -Although I think the orchestrations make the music seem better than it actually is - at least in my opinion.

I believe DR Matthew needs to chime in here.
Ok. He knows alot about the show then?

Well, DR Matthew is the resident HHW ALW Expert/Fanboy. ;)

He didn't like PHANTOM in Vegas.

Well, different places switch up things, like how The Lion King in Vegas had (I think it was less) songs then the one on Broadway. Maybe the Vegas version wasn't as well pulled off?
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2011, 07:48:37 PM »

I didn't like that they took the kids out of class, sent them to an assembly, were given the pep talk by the salesman, got all hyped up by the possible prizes, and then sent out to sell the overpriced junk that no one really wants, and yet only a few kids sold enough to get paid with said prizes. Most of the kids sold stuff and all the money goes to the company.

Yup!

I liked the book sales in school.  Sure the company got money but the kids also learned to be enthusiastic about books.

Jane

« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2011, 07:49:22 PM »

I just read "Facebook made a change. You only see posts from people you interact with regularly."  Does anyone know if this is true?
Yes but you can change it.  I posted how to do it on Facebook, you must not interact with me enough, lol.  You click on "most recent" on your wall, or news feed page (when you click "home")  click on the Most REcent then on "edit options" click on the show posts from and change it.   I think that's right anyway

Thanks.  I just wasn't sure it was real.  It seems such an odd thing for FB to do.

Jane

« Reply #243 on: February 13, 2011, 07:49:48 PM »

'night

The Vixter

« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2011, 07:50:30 PM »

Hi, DR The Vixter - hope you feel better soon!

Me too!! I need to know how I did on my last math test SO badly. >_< Oh, by the way, my Mom asked last night, I think, but just wondering, has anyone listened to "Love Never Dies"? I'd like your opinions on it, siince you guys are really the people to come to about theater productions and such. :)

I believe that the presentation tends to drain the grasp of the thesbian.

TRANSLATION:  The show sucks!  (Personal opinion only)

*Laughs* Awsome way of putting it. But I'd like to know why you feel that way, if you don't mind? :)

First of al, I should say that I am not a huge fan of Sir Andrew,  I think that VELVITA is one of the worst Broadway shows that I ever sat through.  Actually, I have only listened to ithe show's music a  couple of times, but I  have heard several songs on the radio and and on You Tube.  Basically, I don't think the score is very strong.  TILL I HEAR YOU SING is a nice number, but I can't say that I really "like" very much else in the score.  And the storyline is pretty poor.  I mean, hasn't poor Coney Island already suffered enough?

You should probably ask someone more "in the know;" for example, Jose.

No, I appreciate your review just as much as Joses. :) I'm just trying to see what people who are over the age of seventeen think of it. >_<" High school can be limiting.

When I was your age, I thoght that JESUS CHRIST SUERSTAR was pure genius.

And now? I suposse you don't like it as much.

No, I probably don't like is as much now, as I did then; because I am able to see its flaws more easily now.  Still, I think that any medium that can bring more people to the teachings of Christ is a postive thing.

Very true. I gotta try to find some more christian musicals to use for church related things. There's only so far you can go with Godspell.

Vixter, do they have to be specifically Christian, or can they just be inspirational-type shows?  One show that I absolutely love is The Spitfire Grill.  It's based on a movie, which in turn is based on a book.  I haven't seen or read either, but from what I understand, the movie doesn't have a happy ending.  The musical does.  I highly recommend looking into that one.

Hmm, sounds good to me. It's just, if we ever want to do a musical for the church, you can't have anything "bad" in it. The options are limited unfortunately, and the only ones "known" are Godspell and Jesus Christ Super Star. ... Pippin doesn't count because that's the "wrong" side of christianity portrayed. XD

The Vixter

« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2011, 07:51:38 PM »

Years ago, when RENT came out, I was informed by a young person that I must hate gays because I did not like RENT.
...That's stupid. Who told you that? XD

Laura

« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2011, 07:53:07 PM »

Some teenage kid who felt he was worldly.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2011, 07:54:29 PM »

DR THE VIXTER I have not seen or heard of this show/recording.

That's ok. It's basically a sequel to Phantom, it's being shown in London.
I've listened to the recording. Good music, better than I thought. But the lyrics and the story are not all that great.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

The Vixter

« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2011, 07:56:40 PM »

I've listened to the recording. Good music, better than I thought. But the lyrics and the story are not all that great.

Admittedly, I don't like the ending that much.

The Vixter

« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2011, 07:56:57 PM »

Some teenage kid who felt he was worldly.
...Fail. XD

John G.

« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2011, 07:57:13 PM »

I just read "Facebook made a change. You only see posts from people you interact with regularly."  Does anyone know if this is true?
It is unless you change your settings. Go to the bottom and click on "Edit Options." Then tell them you want to see all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

The Vixter

« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2011, 07:59:50 PM »

It is unless you change your settings. Go to the bottom and click on "Edit Options." Then tell them you want to see all.

...That seems a bit pointless, but whatever, their site, they get to make the rules I guess.

td

• td
« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2011, 08:00:18 PM »

Well, I just tuned into the Grammies. . .
Mick Jagger still has it.  Wowed me.

As for The Gaga, whom I still haven't seen or heard, Madonna may have been before her, but, Bette Midler got there even before Madonna. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

John G.

« Reply #253 on: February 13, 2011, 08:01:28 PM »

Remember Sir Andrew's kitty that stepped on the delete button on his keyboard and erased the score? Good kitty.
Very good kitty.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #254 on: February 13, 2011, 08:06:16 PM »

Me too!! I need to know how I did on my last math test SO badly. >_< Oh, by the way, my Mom asked last night, I think, but just wondering, has anyone listened to "Love Never Dies"? I'd like your opinions on it, siince you guys are really the people to come to about theater productions and such. :)

*Laughs* Awsome way of putting it. But I'd like to know why you feel that way, if you don't mind? :)

First of al, I should say that I am not a huge fan of Sir Andrew,  I think that VELVITA is one of the worst Broadway shows that I ever sat through.  Actually, I have only listened to ithe show's music a  couple of times, but I  have heard several songs on the radio and and on You Tube.  Basically, I don't think the score is very strong.  TILL I HEAR YOU SING is a nice number, but I can't say that I really "like" very much else in the score.  And the storyline is pretty poor.  I mean, hasn't poor Coney Island already suffered enough?

No, I appreciate your review just as much as Joses. :) I'm just trying to see what people who are over the age of seventeen think of it. >_<" High school can be limiting.

No, I probably don't like is as much now, as I did then; because I am able to see its flaws more easily now.  Still, I think that any medium that can bring more people to the teachings of Christ is a postive thing.

Very true. I gotta try to find some more christian musicals to use for church related things. There's only so far you can go with Godspell.

Vixter, do they have to be specifically Christian, or can they just be inspirational-type shows?  One show that I absolutely love is The Spitfire Grill.  It's based on a movie, which in turn is based on a book.  I haven't seen or read either, but from what I understand, the movie doesn't have a happy ending.  The musical does.  I highly recommend looking into that one.

Hmm, sounds good to me. It's just, if we ever want to do a musical for the church, you can't have anything "bad" in it. The options are limited unfortunately, and the only ones "known" are Godspell and Jesus Christ Super Star. ... Pippin doesn't count because that's the "wrong" side of christianity portrayed. XD
Jose mentioned "Joseph and the Amazing ...." which would certainly work. You might look into "The Gospel at Colonus," especially if you have a multi-ethnic cast. Schmidt and Jones have a wonderful show called "Philemon" about a runaway slave and the writing of 1 Corintheans 13, the chapter about love. "The Human Comedy" from the composer of "Hair" is another with a Christian message without being overtly Christian. It's got a lot of music, if that's a matter of concern. If not, there's always "Les Miz."
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2011, 08:07:48 PM »

There are prostitutes in Les Mis. Very Biblical.

The Vixter

« Reply #256 on: February 13, 2011, 08:11:56 PM »

Jose mentioned "Joseph and the Amazing ...." which would certainly work. You might look into "The Gospel at Colonus," especially if you have a multi-ethnic cast. Schmidt and Jones have a wonderful show called "Philemon" about a runaway slave and the writing of 1 Corintheans 13, the chapter about love. "The Human Comedy" from the composer of "Hair" is another with a Christian message without being overtly Christian. It's got a lot of music, if that's a matter of concern. If not, there's always "Les Miz."
... I am headdesking right now.

HOW COULD I FORGET LES MISERABLES?!?!?! I WAS JUST IN IT!!!!

*HEAD. DESK.*
You're right though, there are so many songs in there related to God, especially Bring Him Home. Wow, thanks for all the suggestions!!

The Vixter

« Reply #257 on: February 13, 2011, 08:15:15 PM »

Alot of the underlying messages are related to God though, and how Heaven will be better then any world of men.

Laura

« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »

I know -- I was just kidding.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2011, 08:17:14 PM »

ummmm I thought you were going to bed to get some sleep becaue you are sickly poorly
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2011, 08:17:56 PM »

Not you Laura.... :D

vixmom

« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2011, 08:19:13 PM »

Although I have seemed to chase her away

John G.

« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2011, 08:19:22 PM »

There are prostitutes in the Bible, too. An ancestor of Jesus', in fact, was Rahab the old pro.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »

Oh, yes, I forgot "Rock of Ages." That's a hymn, right?
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2011, 08:23:44 PM »

LOL, Vixmom! Busted!

Laura

« Reply #265 on: February 13, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »

Children of Eden?

The Vixter

« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »

ummmm I thought you were going to bed to get some sleep becaue you are sickly poorly
... I love you? XD I'm sleeping now. Love you Mama. Night guys.

Laura

« Reply #267 on: February 13, 2011, 08:24:40 PM »

I think "Joseph..." done well is so much fun.

td

• td
« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2011, 08:25:37 PM »

ALW'S WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND has the title tune, "No Matter What" and "The Vaults of Heaven."
CARRIE: THE MUSICAL has "Open Your Heart"
THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME has "God Help the Outcasts."
THE PRINCE OF EGYPT has "When You Believe."
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Laura

« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2011, 08:26:06 PM »

How's Miss Molly tonight?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up