Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: NICE/ANNOYING  (Read 30744 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:NICE/ANNOYING
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2007, 12:41:49 PM »

I haven't read the posts yet but I suspect I don't want to look at the stories or links about taco bell & dogs.

MBarnum

« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2007, 12:44:36 PM »

I attempted to register for myspace.com but every time I did it said I was ineligible....shot down already and I didn't even try to become anybody's friend yet!  :-[

Ben

« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2007, 12:44:55 PM »

No, Jane, you don't want to look at the Taco Bell link. The dog story is pretty disgusting also.

MBarnum

« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »

That dog is huge!

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2007, 12:45:46 PM »

BK, I think I had better finish your short stories before I go to LA in April, huh.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2007, 01:03:52 PM »

The "learn to cope" lyric came just a week before we opened.  I had a dummy lyric there for the longest time for Cason - I should let him tell you what it was, but it had the word "gay" in it about six times.

The first lyric was "I'm so gay, I'm so gay, I'm so gay, I'm so gay...I'll cope," much to the amusement of all of the Brain cast members.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2007, 01:05:11 PM »

I went to the Brain MySpace page and was going to post a comment, but it said:
You must be someone's friend to make comments about them.

SINCE WHEN???  LOL

Can I be a brain friend?

If you've got a myspace page, then of course you can be a friend of the Brain!  I'll okay it! :)
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2007, 01:17:45 PM »

Sherlock looks perfectly in his element, as a mountain dog should! How fun it must be to romp with him in the snow!

We're having t-shirt weather here, all the better to take a stroll and puruse the devestation.

There have been so many animals and birds displaced that my yard has about 3 times the amount of wildlife and I'm going through food for them like crazy. I saw 3 different pairs of squirrels mating. They must think that the world is coming to an end and they are doing their best to repopulate. I've even seen them in some "non-traditional" positions!

But we don't NEED any more squirrels!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2007, 01:18:43 PM »

Another side effect---I now have a raccoon living in the space between my house roof and the porch roof. It's pretty large and noisy, which makes the cats crazy!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2007, 01:20:01 PM »

If you've got a myspace page, then of course you can be a friend of the Brain!  I'll okay it! :)

I'll make sure there are plenty of closeups of Zubrick. Hope you get to see the rough cut of Act I before you have to go to work!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2007, 01:22:29 PM »

I meant to post this last night and forgot about it.

I was reading the review in VARIETY of the Michael York CAMELOT, and I was simply appalled to see that my favorite song in the score - "I Loved You Once in Silence" - has been dropped from this production. Gone also was Mordred's "Seven Dealy Virtues," and I guess "Fie on Goodness" has been gone for decades, but I really was surprised about "Silence."
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2007, 01:26:49 PM »

DR Jane, I know you're a tiny lady, but Sherlock looks ENORMOUS in those marvelous photos. Is he still growing?

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2007, 01:29:10 PM »

I began my afternoon viewing with last night's SCRUBS. As silly and funny as usual, interesting that surgeons forget a lot of their medical training because they concentrate on their specialty. Never thought about it, but I guess it does make sense.

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2007, 01:31:43 PM »

Next, I watched (or rather endured) PEPE. How tragic that Shirley Jones was so ill-used, only one song in this 159 minute version (though she does get to take part in two dance numbers).

And those two dance numbers, especially the rumble between Michael Callan and Matt Mattox are really the best things about the production. I watched the rumble twice just because they are such expert dancers.

Michael Callan died much too young. I loved his sitcom OCCASIONAL WIFE and was very disappointed when it only ran one season.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2007, 01:33:13 PM »

Next I watched 30 ROCK which had a very funny show with Jane Krakowski having some very funny bubbleheaded-blonde moments making faux pas all over the place. Tracy Morgan was also funny for a chance, and Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin had a wonderful running storyline with his negotiations with a comic on the show who wanted a raise.

Edisaurus

« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2007, 01:34:20 PM »

For DR Laura and those of us who don't partake of as much media as others---
Friday bird inventory:
Cardinal
White throated sparrow
House sparrow
White-breasted nuthatch
Chickadee
Mourning dove
Titmouse
Rufous-sided towhee
House finch
Goldfinch (not gold yet)
Mockingbird
Flicker
Blue Jay
Robin
Woodpeckers

and since we live in the city: rock dove!

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2007, 01:34:35 PM »

I finished the afternoon watching the show "The Beauty of Snakes" on Discovery HD Theatre.

They're such fascinating creatures, and seeing them up close and personal in HD is the only way I ever want to see them.

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2007, 01:35:20 PM »

No Alice Faye box again today though I did get a couple of new Blu-ray discs.

[sigh] Maybe tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2007, 01:35:29 PM »

BK, I think I had better finish your short stories before I go to LA in April, huh.

I should think you'd better!  But you're doing better than a few on this here site - at least you have the BOOK.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2007, 01:36:55 PM »

I meant to post this last night and forgot about it.

I was reading the review in VARIETY of the Michael York CAMELOT, and I was simply appalled to see that my favorite song in the score - "I Loved You Once in Silence" - has been dropped from this production. Gone also was Mordred's "Seven Dealy Virtues," and I guess "Fie on Goodness" has been gone for decades, but I really was surprised about "Silence."

That is what happens when you keep hiring the same three people to direct shows - you get crap, because the three flavors of the month out here (where this tour was put together) are NOT GOOD.

Edisaurus

« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »

Michael Callan died much too young. I loved his sitcom OCCASIONAL WIFE and was very disappointed when it only ran one season.

Awww...I didn't know he had died. I liked OCCASIONAL WIFE, too, and thought he was very good in CAT BALLOU.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2007, 01:38:07 PM »

Next, I watched (or rather endured) PEPE. How tragic that Shirley Jones was so ill-used, only one song in this 159 minute version (though she does get to take part in two dance numbers).

And those two dance numbers, especially the rumble between Michael Callan and Matt Mattox are really the best things about the production. I watched the rumble twice just because they are such expert dancers.

Michael Callan died?  Is that why I haven't seen him at the last two Ray Courts shows?  He wasn't THAT young.  Or are you thinking of someone else?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2007, 01:41:24 PM »

Mr. Callan seems to be very much alive.  The report of his death has been greatly exaggerated.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2007, 01:42:21 PM »

Awww...I didn't know he had died. I liked OCCASIONAL WIFE, too, and thought he was very good in CAT BALLOU.

As Dr. Frankenstein once said:  He's alive, he's alive.  Who on earth was MattH thinking of?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2007, 01:43:14 PM »

One of my long overdue packages arrived today - the one from Italy seems to have gone the way of our beloved Dodo bird.

Edisaurus

« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2007, 01:44:30 PM »

I don't see anything to suggest he did. Matt H, do you know any more about what happened to him? Or are reports of his death greatly exaggerated?

Edisaurus

« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2007, 01:45:13 PM »

LOL---BK and I have a simultaneous thought!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2007, 01:48:51 PM »

MattH doesn't want us to know he was wrong, so he's keeping mum on the subject.  Or maybe he's called Veronica Mars to find out the deal. :)

Ginny

« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2007, 01:50:52 PM »

My dinner last night was from Taco Bell, so I think I'll skip watching the video.

The Dayton International Peace Museum is a very thought-provoking place.  The organizers/founders are constituents of my program here at the library, which is why I attended the luncheon today.  I happened to sit at the same table with one of our library board members, his wife, and a local author of books for young adults, Trudy Krisher.  The event was called "Peace Bowls," and the menu was soup, salad, bread, fruit, cake.  They'd gotten donations of a variety of pottery bowls for table decorations and each of us got to select a bowl to take.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2007, 01:52:50 PM »

MattH doesn't want us to know he was wrong, so he's keeping mum on the subject.  Or maybe he's called Veronica Mars to find out the deal. :)

I'm sure you meant nothing personal in that comment, but I assure you MattH has never been reluctant to admit when he has been wrong..  Would that more folks would admit to it when it's obvious they have been.

MattH is not online right now and probably doesn't know he's being discussed.

He's obviously mistaken Mr. Callan for another actor...or, like me, he's misremembered.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 01:56:13 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up