Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: UNTIL TOMORROW  (Read 27688 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
UNTIL TOMORROW
« on: March 13, 2008, 12:30:44 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you don't have to think about the notes until tomorrow, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they'll think about that tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:51:58 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:UNTIL TOMORROW
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 12:32:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: BROBDINGNAGIAN!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 01:03:42 AM »

My...what an odd word.  And such a big word. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:06:12 AM »

I'd never heard of it before. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 01:06:46 AM »

But now, I must go to sleep.  Good night, BK and guests.

singdaw

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 01:48:21 AM »

WOD:  Does size really matter?

singdaw

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 01:48:39 AM »

Thanks, DRs SWW and JoseSPiano!!!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 01:49:42 AM »

***SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES***[/size][/color]
for DR Cillaliz![/size][/color]

singdaw

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 01:51:15 AM »

Great news about DC JJ!!!  :)

Glad your run-through went well, DR George!  I still can't believe how quickly your show got up on its feet.   Break a leg!!!!

singdaw

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 01:52:14 AM »

***CONTINUED GOOD NEWS VIBES***[/size][/color]
for bk & Kritzerland!![/size][/color]

singdaw

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 01:54:47 AM »

***FINGER VIBES***[/size][/color]
for DR JoseSPiano[/size][/color]
at today's important auditions[/size][/color]

Kerry

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 02:58:04 AM »

TOD:  The Snake Pit is still very good--"Virginia's on the rug!"

Where is someone to bring over a cranberry muffin and a cup of hot chocolate with lots of jet-puffed marshmallows and whippped cream when you need it it?   Like now!
I like boat races.

singdaw

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 03:11:41 AM »

TOD:

Favorite "insane" movie:  King of Hearts

singdaw

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 03:12:44 AM »

DRs Kerry and Laura - wish I could go for a walk with you!!  The quotes at the bottom of your posts are always so hilariously goofy!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 03:13:49 AM »

Was listening to Ben Bagley's "Leonard Bernstein Revisited," and noticed in the liner notes a very prominent thanks to our very own DR elmore3003!

Michael

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 03:50:26 AM »

TOD

1st film that came to mind and I am sure with most people would be One Flew Over tje Cuckoo's Nest.

There is also Ordinary People with recovering crazy people. One makes it one doesn't.
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 04:32:22 AM »

While they were able to defeat the latest BROBDINGNAGIAN villian that had threatened the fair City of Gotham, Batman had to spend the next three days BANDAGING ROBIN.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 04:33:05 AM »

TOD for Disneyphiles: Alice in Wonderland.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 04:34:21 AM »

I must hie.

Whether or not there are additional noses in the house when I return, I'm certain either der Brucer or I will comment.

Ben

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 04:48:00 AM »

Mornin, Cil

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 05:03:23 AM »

Where is someone to bring over a cranberry muffin and a cup of hot chocolate with lots of jet-puffed marshmallows and whippped cream when you need it it?   Like now!

I was in bed!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 05:04:56 AM »

The quotes at the bottom of your posts are always so hilariously goofy!  :)

That tends to happen when you hang around goofy people.

Ben

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 05:07:53 AM »

I saw Come Back Little Sheba last night. I think it's quite wonderful. S. Epatha Merkerson (born Sharon Epatha Merkerson) has gotten deservedly good notices. The production has gotten mixed reviews, some loving it and some saying the play is dated and tired. The two tiresome women sitting next to me were in the latter category, although they didn't become tiresome until intermission and the second act. I hoped as they got up near the end of the intermission that they would be leaving. No such luck. They didn't like the show. That's all well and good, believe me, I've sat through some bad theatre in my time. I've also sat through bad theatre that other people thought was wonderful. It's all a matter of opinion. But these two were BORED out of their (very tiny) minds by this unbelievable play.

"People don't behave like that"
"Well, maybe they did or do in the midwest but it doesn't happen here"
"I was so bored I tried to go to sleep!"
"It's painfully boring"

Well, honey, if you're so unhappy, go home and leave us alone. Unfortunately, they decided to go down to the refreshment que about five minutes before the intermission was over. They purchased a cellophane package of peanuts which they brought back to their seats. They decided to open said peanuts after the lights went down and Act 2 began. I do think part of the fault here lies with Manhattan Theatre Club for selling cellophane packages of peanuts at intermission so thoughtless idiots who shouldn't be in a public setting to begin with can buy and eat them. They got many looks every time they rustled the cellophane and chewed the f***ing nuts. They finally got the message but not after one of the dumb as a box of rocks women decided she needed to wash down her peanuts with a long and loud swig of water from her bottle. I kept hoping she and her friend would choke on the peanuts but my thoughts went unanswered.

Anyway, I do think the production was excellent. The set was beautiful and the cast was excellent. Merkerson as Lola was a standout but Zoe Kazan as the boarder, Marie, was a real treat. I do think the play is a period piece but if done well, it still works and can be very powerful. It was well directed and beautifully performed. Kevin Anderson as Doc (Lola's husband) was marvelous and pulled off the confusion, anger, despair and fear in his character. The scene where he returns after falling off the wagon was dynamite. I had seen parts of the film but I never read the play so I'm very glad I was able to see this production.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 05:48:24 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 05:23:21 AM »

I saw Passing Strange on Tuesday and it's, well, passing strange. It's a very well produced rock concert. It has a through line and some very good talent but it's not to my taste. At times it's painfully loud (it is rock music after all) and with a light wall as part of the "set", it's so bright I had to close my eyes! I wish Stew well with this project (it began the New York run at the Public Theatre after a production in Berkeley) but it's not for me. It got fairly good reviews, both off and on Broadway but all the reviews that praised it stressed that you can't go expecting a "Broadway musical" I agree. You can't use this to introduce someone to Broadway musicals because if they then see something more mainstream there will be confusion. I stress again, it's a very well produced ROCK concert with a through line. The songs tell stories, they just don't advance the plot or add to the story. At one point in the show, Stew, who narrates, says something to the effect that "we needed a big happy musical number here to tell the story but we don't know how to write one"

Peter Filichia

in his column from March 5th writes about this very line and I agree with his sentiment. I don't want to trash the show because in some ways it is innovative and fun. Granted, my ears hurt when I left, but it's not one of those evening when I felt, "here's two and a half hours of my life I'll never get back"

Ben

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 05:26:00 AM »

I have a ticket for Cry Baby, the new musical based on the John Waters film and done by many of the people involved with Hairspray.

I also have a ticket for In the Heights (last row of the balcony in the Richard Rodgers/46th Street Theatre).

On Saturday I will get tickets for A Catered Affair and the revival of South Pacific. Spring theatre is looking up.

singdaw

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 05:43:30 AM »

Thank you so much for the detailed theatre reports, DR Ben!  Really enjoy them.

Well, it's off to the cranberry bog for me.

Unless our system problems continue, in which case, I may return!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 05:53:48 AM »

And The Song Of The Day Is:  GIANTS IN THE SKY

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 06:14:22 AM »

Fave 'crazy' film is the Snake Pit; Fave prison is Caged(OZ on the tube)The kind of  films I dont like are, however well acted, films like Cuckoos nest and King of  Hearts- the all zee sane zay are crazee and zee crazee are zee sann zut alors....I feel your pain, Dr Ben, re manners in the theeyatuh. Last spring I nearly went crazzee  myself on a theater binge in NYC. I vented enough on that already, but one new distraction=the sale of H2O, in clear plastic bottles, which pick up the light from the stage. One lady rubbed her bottle against her cheek, under her chin,etc-it was like having Tinker Bell flickering off and on in one's peripheral vision.During the most dramatic parts of MOON FOR THE MISBEGOTTEN, of course.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 06:25:22 AM »

I was in bed!

I assure you, my dear, the Government knows all about it 8)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 06:30:54 AM »

No doubt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up