Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: UNTIL TOMORROW  (Read 27689 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:UNTIL TOMORROW
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2008, 08:28:39 AM »

Concur with JRand's choice of "Suddenly, Last Summer".  It's a doozy and the sanity of Liz Taylor's character remains in question most of the way through.  Nice twist at the end.  I love this movie!

If I had to choose a "prison" movie, I guess "Papillon" is close enough to be one.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2008, 08:28:40 AM »

Another wonderful sequence in a movie that's otherwise not about the insane is in THE NUN'S STORY where Sister Luke assists in a mental hospital and comes up against a schizophrenic played by Coleen Dewhurst, one of the most harrowing sequences in film.

Well if we're talking crazy nuns, then my favorite crazy nun movie is Black Narcissus.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2008, 08:31:09 AM »

Ooh!  Ooh!

[glow=black, 2,300][size=8]Page 3[/size][/glow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2008, 08:37:14 AM »

Favorite Prison movies:

GIRLS IN PRISON (1956)

Not a great movie, but it co-stars my friends Diana Darrin (left) Laurie Mitchell (second from left)!

But my all time fave is REFORM SCHOOL GIRL....this movie is just plain fun (and also co-stars Diana Darrin!)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2008, 08:57:46 AM »

Those reform school gals wuz bad news.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2008, 08:58:17 AM »

DR MBARNUM - perhaps you will receive your special prize box tomorrow or Saturday.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2008, 08:59:31 AM »

DR JMK - you know of course that come October 13, we can celebrate the 50 th Anniversary of the first Frances Farmer Presents!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2008, 09:06:09 AM »

Time to break out the polyester leisure suits.  :)

Stay out of my attic storage!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Kerry

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2008, 09:15:51 AM »

Doctors' offices, referral, answers to ANYTHING, tax accountants, medical records, voice mail hell.   AAAUUUGGGHH!!!!!.   I need chocolate-- by IV , I think.
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2008, 09:18:35 AM »

Good morning, good day, how are you this beautiful day?  I am up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2008, 09:19:42 AM »

The sky is blue, the grass is green, and I am whiter shade of pale.  Or is it a paler shade of white?  Or a grayer shade of pale.  Or a paler shade of both white and gray?

Kerry

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2008, 09:22:55 AM »

"Suddenly Last Summer" is so evil and humid- and torrid- it's perfect!  Mercedes MacCambridge (and whoever played her weak son who wanted Sebastian's clothes) is also wonderful in it.  Taylor is pretty much her usual Taylor, but the rest is great.  Violet and Sebastian.  Sebastian and Violet!   And the the great dark birds!

I once saw a C grade drive-in movie callled "The Big Doll House" that was so incredibly bad, it was wonderful.

Now, where's that chocolate?!?!?!?!?!?!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2008, 09:24:26 AM »

TOD

Prison film - Fortune in Men's Eyes

der Brucer

Still good.  And still shocking-- even in 2008!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2008, 09:26:12 AM »

DRs Kerry and Laura - wish I could go for a walk with you!!  The quotes at the bottom of your posts are always so hilariously goofy!  :)
You are welcome anytime!   Spring has really hit, and all the trees are in bloom.
I like boat races.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »

TOD

Prison film - Fortune in Men's Eyes

der Brucer

I believe that's "Fortune and Men's Eyes"...

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2008, 09:33:06 AM »

In the last batch of Fox's "Marquee Musicals", we got a nice Amazon price of $14.99 on "With A Song in My Heart" and "Bloodhounds of Broadway" but for some odd reason, "The Girl Next Door" was a few dollars more at $17-plus.

I have pondered this ever since the release. I did not buy the June Haver musical film (that I had never heard of until its release) simply because the price was NOT right.

Today, it's a Gold Box offering.  Today, it's $9.97.  The other two titles are now listed at $10.49.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:30:51 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »

From TCB:
I have never had anything work as well as Protonix.

Boy, do I agree-the stuff is great.  The only downside to these medications is they can interfere with the absorption of vitamins.  I am waiting for the results of a test to see if I'm absorbing calcium.

I figured out why I might be paying more, my prescription is for 45 pills a month, for those times I need an extra one at night.  I rarely have to renew them every month.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »

This day is already flying by, like a gazelle eating kishka.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2008, 10:17:35 AM »

Just a few short years after The Caretakers was shot, our very own Jane would be working at the Bruin.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2008, 10:19:05 AM »

I've been wanting to revisit both the Village and the Bruin in Westwood, but I swear the movies they play are just things I would never want to see.  Last time I was in the Village was for the premiere of The Faculty, and I honestly can't remember the last time I was in the Bruin, but it was either Victor/Victoria or The Dead Zone.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »

Ginny-Thanks for the Jacqueline Winspear report.  I thought she might be a delightful speaker.  I’m sorry the bookstore treated her, and you, so poorly.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2008, 10:21:19 AM »

Some thoughts about "American Idol" (No SPOILERS)

1.  Am I the only one who cringes each time they bring back an AI winner/finalist for a "special performance"?  Last week's Blake Lewis number was a travesty.  It's inconceivable to me, at this remove, that he ever made it into the top 12.  And last night's Katherine McPhee song -- I believe Simon would say, "predictable and boring."  Poor thing. She needs to concentrate on an acting or TV-host career and leave "singing" alone.  Perhaps a church choir needs a middling soprano somewhere.

2.  Big WOO on the "new stage".  Lots of wasted energy/green-unfriendly lighting.  

3.  What's up with all this arm waving during numbers?  I know it started at rock concerts, along with the flicking of BICs.  But must EVERY routine AI song be accompanied by camera shots of the now-obligatory arm waving?  It's simply nausea-inducing, given the lack of any "appropriate" reason for it.

4.  Do we really have to wait 10 more weeks for Carly Smithson to walk away with the title?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:24:45 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2008, 10:22:39 AM »

Just a few short years after The Caretakers was shot, our very own Jane would be working at the Bruin.

Gee, BK....this sounds like  Jane was an aspiring actress who went from a movie set one day to working as an usherette the next!

;D

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:25:40 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2008, 10:31:07 AM »

George, glad to hear the run-through went well.   HAVE A GREAT SHOW TONIGHT!

Jose, thanks for the Playbill link.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2008, 10:36:22 AM »

I've been wanting to revisit both the Village and the Bruin in Westwood, but I swear the movies they play are just things I would never want to see.  Last time I was in the Village was for the premiere of The Faculty, and I honestly can't remember the last time I was in the Bruin, but it was either Victor/Victoria or The Dead Zone.

;D  It has been awhile.  We like to walk by & look at the theaters when we are in town.  We keep saying it would be fun to go see a movie at the Bruin.  So far it hasn't happened.

We did want to see Spiderman when it premiered at the Village, instead we took photos of Spiderman on the marque. ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2008, 10:44:55 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Practicing has been accomplished, and I'm gonna head on down a little early since I need to drop off some stuff at the theatre before going to the audition space.  I may be meeting a few friends for dinner and drinks afterwards, so, if I happen to be errant and truant for the next couple of hours, so be it. ;)

Laters.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2008, 10:45:41 AM »

From SWW:
Word is, J.J. has probably found a good home.  At least there has been no negative feedback.

GREAT NEWS ABOUT JJ!  I’m glad they got the news back to you.

Best of luck with these two new dogs!  VIBES to the woman!  I hope she gets her life back, and her dogs.

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2008, 11:08:03 AM »

Ginny-Thanks for the Jacqueline Winspear report.  I thought she might be a delightful speaker.  I’m sorry the bookstore treated her, and you, so poorly.

I'm going to hear her again, 2 weeks from tonight at the Audio Publishers Association dinner in Minneapolis.  There will be, potentially, 500 people at that event, so I'm glad I saw her up close and personal last night.

The other speakers at the dinner are audiobook narrator Scott Brick and audiobook producer Dan Musselman.

And I have reason to believe that attendees will receive "goodie bags"  ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:09:59 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2008, 11:08:41 AM »

Speaking of dogs...I stopped at the Humane Society last night and met Wallace

He is a Great Pyrenees mix.......10 months old and 90 lbs of love!

If I did not already have a dog already, Wallace would have come home with me!!! He was such a cutie pie, and very calm for such a youngun!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2008, 11:18:52 AM »

Glad your run-through went well, DR George!  I still can't believe how quickly your show got up on its feet.   Break a leg!!!!

It's been a very quick process!  But all of the people are experienced actors and singers.  They have their core group of people they cast over and over (for good or bad ::)), and they all know how to put up a show very quickly.  I have experience, but not with putting up a show that quickly.  But overall, I've been thoroughly enjoying the experience. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up