Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: UP-TO-THE-MINUTE  (Read 23016 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:UP-TO-THE-MINUTE
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2004, 11:57:48 AM »

And one for Don Knotts!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2004, 11:58:03 AM »

Short day at work.  We were supposed to be getting a large truckload of goodies for the store, but the truck broke down.  Hence, no goodies.  Hence, no need for the extra staff to stay on all day.

Since my boss also had to discipline one of my co-workers today, it was just as well that I took off early.  Said boss appreciated all, and will be making up to me re the lost hours later on.

So I get to kick back and relax until dinnertime!  Hoo and Rah!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2004, 12:59:49 PM »

I didn’t know “Miss Rose White” was from a play.  I do know I liked the movie very much.  We haven’t watched it since it first aired.  Hmm, maybe we should again if it is now available on DVD.

Tomovoz do you still have the Jimmy Rogers 45?  I’m sure I also had an album of his.  I don’t know what happened to my records from when I was young.  All I know is I wasn’t the one to dispose of them.  >:(

Ann as far as I know it isn’t bad to eat after you work out.  I believe it is good for your muscles to drink lots of water.

Bruce you get the feeling from the photos that everyone in the cast likes each other and they are all having a good time.  It is nice to know it’s true. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2004, 01:15:56 PM »

Well my internet service has been hit and miss today....it may be the heat, I don't know!

ANYWAY....congrats to MR BK and JOSE and all those involved with What If? on your mention at Playbill.com   And boo to those naysayers on the other email site.  

DiT - my quote comes from that classic film ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN....it is somewhat truncated and I will correct it on my birthday when my name changes to Jrand54.....the actual deathless line uttered by Miss Allison Hayes to William Hudson (and written by Mark Hanna):

"I saw a satellite tonight."

"Everyone's seeing satellites these days."

"Right in the middle of the road?  Harry, I almost hit it!"
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2004, 01:17:09 PM »

She looked this way when she said it:

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2004, 01:18:59 PM »

My question for ASK BK day:

I didn't see an answer the other day.....isn't your theatre on Sunset Blvd near where the old ZIV Television studios used to be?  They were used as American International for the movie HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER.....

AND....do you have a proscenium or thrust stage?  And which do you prefer to direct on?

Jane

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »

A question right back at the DRs:

What are your favorite songs about food?

THE CANDY MAN

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2004, 01:26:27 PM »

Have you ever, DR Jane, said his name three times in succession?

"Candy Man, Candy Man, Candy Man."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2004, 01:31:26 PM »

JRand... it was only one naysayer and I put a stop to that.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2004, 01:32:36 PM »

My question for ASK BK day:

I didn't see an answer the other day.....isn't your theatre on Sunset Blvd near where the old ZIV Television studios used to be?  They were used as American International for the movie HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER.....

AND....do you have a proscenium or thrust stage?  And which do you prefer to direct on?

I don't remember where ZIV was - we're on Santa Monica Blvd. between Highland and Vine, right at the corner of Hudson.

It's kind of a proscenium thrust.  I like proscenium stages and always have.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2004, 01:36:45 PM »

Jane - ROSE W. is not available on DVD.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2004, 01:38:01 PM »

Hmmmmmmmm....I will have to see if I can find the ZIV street number.

I like a thrust stage as well.

Good job, WEL.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2004, 01:42:24 PM »

High maintenance or not, it appears that your publicist, Dear BK, is doing his job well!

Yes  :) and thank you Ben for posting the link.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2004, 01:46:32 PM »

Ah ZIV was at 7950 Santa Monica Blvd...you are at 6539 Santa Monica Blvd.....so it's several blocks west....it's cross street is North Hayward Av.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2004, 01:49:05 PM »

I just wanted to take a minute to say I'll be E&T for the rest of the week. This is my trip to NYC week, and I'll be leaving mid-afternoon today. Will be back sometime Sunday evening. Looking forward to the shows, the food, and the sights and sounds of the city.

See you back here on Sunday.

Matt H.  I missed your birthday?  When was it.  I don't see it on the calendar.  Your profile says you are a Virgo, which is August 23 - September 22.  Please claify.  

Looks like I missed Matt.  Can any other DR answer my question?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2004, 01:50:10 PM »

Jane - MATTH was talking about some DVD's that will be released around the time of his birthday in September....  I almost made the same mistake.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2004, 01:50:46 PM »

I've taken down The DVD Place - after three months of being promised that the switch to our new look and name would happen, the person who was to do it finally sent me an e-mail saying he was too busy, as was the person who was going to design it.  Three months ago had I had that info I might have been able to do something about it and find others to do the switchover.  But now, I'm too busy myself and we'll just continue to do our DVD thing right here.  So, as of today, I've had them remove The DVD Place.  I've asked that all the content be saved in case I want to do it at some point.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2004, 01:51:03 PM »

That's right!  I can't believe I didn't mention that also!  

Hey, today is Don Knots' birthday!  He's 80 years old!  So, what's your favorite Don Knotts movie?  

NONE-sorry :D

Jane

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2004, 01:53:13 PM »

Thank you JRand.  What day in September?  We need to get him on the calendar.  

Jane

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2004, 01:57:39 PM »

MBarnum I believe I saw LITTLE SHEPHERD OF KINGDOM COME but I don’t recall much about it.  Is it on DVD?  Now I’m listening to him again.  I only have three songs.  I think I should get more.

Jennifer  :)

Emily Enjoy your time alone.

Baskin Robins makes my three favorite flavors, chocolate chip, chocolate, English toffee.  These are only my favorites if they are made by Baskin Robins.  Carvel’s soft vanilla is my all time favorite.  

Elmore click here for a link to all the Carvel locations in NY.   http://carvel.know-where.com/carvel/cgi/selection?option=&mapid=USs&lang=en&design=default&addr=&city=New+York&region=NY%2CUS&zip=&phone=

Oh my g-d.  How did I not know there was a store in Thousand Oaks.  We go there almost every time we visit L.A.  The Carvel’s site also says there will be one in Santa Monica soon.  If this is true I will cry tears of joy. :D

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2004, 02:02:43 PM »

MBarnum I believe I saw LITTLE SHEPHERD OF KINGDOM COME but I don’t recall much about it.  Is it on DVD?  Now I’m listening to him again.  I only have three songs.  I think I should get more.

Not on DVD. It was released by 20th Century Fox so I keep hoping it will turn up on Fox Movie channel one of these days. I have a copy that Diana Darrin sent to me. It has a wonderful cast and is a very nice film...and in color too!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2004, 02:02:55 PM »

One day while I was at Goodspeed, during waits between charts, I used the Mac in the Music Office to go through all the recordings I did with Bruce that were available on the Amazon.com site.  I wanted to see what reviews the recordings got.  On UNSUNG MUSICALS I fond a pan by someone calling him(her?)self MISSGYDER, who claimed that the recording might have been all right except for the sleazy synthesized orchestrations!  So, last night I rebutted this person with a blurb "Missgyder is Misguided."  Now I'm ready to tell off the jerk on whatever other post is slandering my Dear Friend BK.  So, will someone please tell me how to find this "other" site?
Let's kick ass!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 02:03:17 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2004, 02:04:34 PM »

So, will someone please tell me how to find this "other" site?
Let's kick ass!

Just don't forget about your injured back! LOL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2004, 02:06:46 PM »

It's not a site, it's an e-mail group.  From what I understand, several people have already come to my defense and told the "person" they were both incorrect and out of line.  I have no doubt that the "person" has not come back to apologize.  This particular e-mail group has a long history of two or three acolytes of Mr. Sher slamming me - it's what they do, but people come after them so fast they slowed down on the attacks.  You can only do agenda-laden things for so long before everyone catches on.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2004, 02:07:06 PM »

SWW I don’t suppose you wanted to be around when your boss disciplined your co-worker.  

RLP I just said candy man nine times, flubbed the 10th.  Don’t ask me to do it again.

Panni, one day maybe.  I have seen Rose on since then so I expect it will air again.  I could TIVO it.

MBarnum, another movie to TIVO.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2004, 02:08:07 PM »

Elmore click here for a link to all the Carvel locations in NY.   http://carvel.know-where.com/carvel/cgi/selection?option=&mapid=USs&lang=en&design=default&addr=&city=New+York&region=NY%2CUS&zip=&phone=

DRJane, I would go anywhere in Manhattan to locate a Carvel with you.  The two closest to me are the one at Penn Station and the one in midtown.  Hopefully by the time of your visit, my back will be fine and we can roam hither and yon for cinnamin hearts and ice cream.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2004, 02:12:39 PM »

It's not a site, it's an e-mail group.  From what I understand, several people have already come to my defense and told the "person" they were both incorrect and out of line.  I have no doubt that the "person" has not come back to apologize.  This particular e-mail group has a long history of two or three acolytes of Mr. Sher slamming me - it's what they do, but people come after them so fast they slowed down on the attacks.  You can only do agenda-laden things for so long before everyone catches on.

Mr Sher?  The famous Mr Sher?  
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 02:13:30 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2004, 02:15:46 PM »

RLP I just said candy man nine times, flubbed the 10th.  Don’t ask me to do it again.

DRJane, you clearly never saw the film or you'd know better!  DRRLP, apologize to DRJane.  At once!

Robin

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2004, 02:19:36 PM »

What are your favorite songs about food?

"Eat It!" by Weird Al Yankovic.
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Robin

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2004, 02:26:18 PM »

Hey, today is Don Knots' birthday!  He's 80 years old!  So, what's your favorite Don Knotts movie?

I adored seeing him in Pleasantville.  Didn't really care for the movie (I think it's in the dictionary under the word "heavyhanded"), but it's always great to see an old favorite show up in a contemporary movie.

Favorite Don Knotts movie: The Incredible Mr. Limpet.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up