Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOOTING THE BREEZE  (Read 20721 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SHOOTING THE BREEZE
« on: July 22, 2004, 12:02:10 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've filled the breeze with buckshot, you've gotten the topic and now it is time to post until the breezy cows come home. ;D :o 8) ::)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 12:09:23 AM by bk »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:SHOOTING THE BREEZE
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 12:17:40 AM »

I'm meeting with David Levy too?

Was that something I was supposed to write down? ;)

Oh, I meant to mention it was nice to finally meet Donald Feltham.  What a nice guy.  -Cute too, if I may add.  -which I just did, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 12:19:11 AM »

And as for eggs... I like them almost anyway except for raw.  -Although, I do like my "morning eggs" over-easy.  I'll post more details in the morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 01:06:20 AM »

I shall be truant tomorrow/today. We shall have no power for most of the day.  We will visit someone with heating!

MBarnum. Just read your Jimmie Rodgers post from yesterday. I didn't ever see the movie "Little Shepherd..". Jimmie was also in "Back Door to Hell".(1964)

Special vibes to DR Danise.

Hopefully!!! Welcome back DR François.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 01:15:28 AM »

Oops (spoo, spelled backwards), I meant Donald was seeing David with me.

Danise

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 02:22:05 AM »

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the healing vibes and for thinking of me.  

I didn't sleep very much at all but I'm up and already dressed, just waiting on the cab to pick us up at six.  Wouldn't you know that I woke up so thirsty, (hoping that it was still early enough to have a drink) only to roll over, look at the clock and find it was 12:03AM!  Just 3 minutes past my cut off time. Sigh!  I thought of lemons and every other thing I could think of to make my mouth water.  

I'll try to post when this is all over.  Till then take care of yourselves.  Be happy and safe.

As for me:
Half a league, Half a league, Half a league forward……   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 04:22:13 AM »

I'd rather have eggs for dinner than for breakfast. A favorite is an omelet made with eggs mixed with fried potato slices and lots of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Served with a green salad, it's a fast and satisfying meal - perfect for a day like today: hot (30 degrees C), humid, and very hazy.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 04:47:37 AM »

I can't stand eggs.
Don't like the taste of them, the look of them, the color of 'em.
I love ham, but with eggs?  Call me Sam I Am.
I'm repulsed by their entrance into this world through the backside of a chicken.

If, however, you mix eggs with enough flour, sugar, and maybe some baking powder and bake ... you then have a cookie.  And I like a cookie.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Noel

• Musings on musicals
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 04:52:47 AM »

As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as a list of good audition songs, and I'll tell you why...
(There is such thing as a list of bad audition songs, but we don't want to get into our Wildhorn and JRBrown controversies again.)
...A good audition song brings out what's individual and particular about YOU.  The trouble with auditions is that too many people are the same, and the people on the other side of the table never want people who are the same.
     I can't recommend an audition song to anybody until I've gotten to know them pretty well.  Until I've heard them sing a few things.  Until I've discerned what's special about them.
      Then, and only then, it's fun to match up material with performer (something akin to what BK has just gone through in finding songs for What If cast members after they'd been cast).
     So, I hope I've made clear why I can't list good audition songs.  You gotta know the auditioner.

Noel

• Musings on musicals
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 05:01:30 AM »

Did I mention I don't like eggs?

Ben

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2004, 05:37:05 AM »

Composer Jerry Goldsmith died.

By ROBERT JABLON, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES - Academy Award-winning composer Jerry Goldsmith, who created the memorable music for scores of classic movies and television shows from the "Star Trek" and "Planet of the Apes" series to "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." and "Perry Mason," has died, his personal assistant said. He was 75.

Love eggs. Adore deviled eggs. There was a restaurant in the Village on Christopher Street for many years called David's Pot Belly (owned by Kaye Ballard's brother so she was a frequent customer) and they specialized in egg dishes. Hundreds of different ways to make eggs, baked, curried, fried, poached. It closed a few years ago and has been a few different things but it has not achieved the success of DPB.

Ben

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 05:45:38 AM »

François, François, come out, come out wherever you are.

It's Thursday - Circus Day. the day after Anything Can Happen Day. So François, don't Begin the Beguine, just get into the Circus!

Ben

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2004, 05:46:08 AM »

I am my own frenzy.

Ben

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2004, 05:58:56 AM »

Sutton Foster will be back on Broadway in Little Women

Broadway Has a Date With Little Women, the Musical, Opening Jan. 20, 2005

By Kenneth Jones
21 Jul 2004

Broadway dates for Little Women, the musical, were confirmed by the show's spokesman as Dec. 10 (first preview) and Jan. 20, 2005 (opening), but the theatre has not yet been announced.

Here is the link to the full article

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/87476.html

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2004, 06:06:03 AM »

What about thousand-year-old eggs? Just make sure they're fresh.

Jennifer

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2004, 06:06:30 AM »

Good morning all!

Had a really fun night night last night at Caroline Rhea's one woman show.

It was quite funny, even though I'd heard her do some of the jokes before.

The funnest part though was from an unexpected source.

The entire audience was made up of adults, with one child (a 12 yr old boy).  Well some of Caroline's material is not for kids.  So I think she left out quite a few crude jokes.  Plus when she needed to she would ask the boy to block his ears (or ask his parents to).

Anyhow at one point she told him to go the bathroom. And when he did shortly after, she had another man holding the door shut from the inside.

So she starts her adult jokes, and then she's doing one about viagara, when all of a sudden the 12 yr old shows up through the back door (which you aren't really able to enter). But somehow he did.  

It was so funny, because here she is in the middle of her joke, the guy is holding the door shut so the little boy cannot enter, and here comes said boy through a back door.

Well she went hysterical, as did the audience.

She included the kid in a lot of her act, and made him take a bow with her after the show.  I also saw she had someone give him an autographed photo.  And she asked him to wait for her so she could talk to him.

Very funny.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 06:09:15 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2004, 06:07:22 AM »

Good surgery vibes to DR Danise ~~~~~~~~~~.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2004, 06:12:08 AM »

Did anyone see last night's Jeopardy?

Answer: Musical for which actress Sutton Foster won the best-actress Tony Award, based on the movie starring Julie Andrews.

Question: What is Victor, Victoria, Alex.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2004, 06:25:42 AM »

Francois should be back from vacation this week.

I like scrambled eggs with l0ox and onions; I also like egg salad with bacon bits (real bacon crumbled, not artigicial).
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

mrkdl73

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2004, 06:28:42 AM »

I enjoy the occasional egg dish for breakfast, but usually I'm just too lazy to want to have to scrub a frying pan that early in the morning,  so I settle for cereal.  Unless I eat out, which is rare for me to do for breakfast.

DR Jose - I'm so bummed you won't be playing fall setc's; I thought I was finally going to meet you.  But I think you may have played for me at UPTA's ('98 and '00?)

Ben

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2004, 06:42:54 AM »

D-I-T-, yes I saw Jeopardy last night. Very funny. I was suprised Ken Jennings didn't answer that Musical Roles question because he answered all the others until that one.

I'll watch Jeopardy tonight but also tape it so Anthony can watch it whenever he gets home from the shoot. He's leaving at 7pm this evening for a shoot scheduled from 9pm-5am so he won't be home until 7 or 8 tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 06:45:31 AM by Ben »

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2004, 06:44:28 AM »

Has anyone heard from Dan (the Man)?

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2004, 06:48:14 AM »

D-I-T-, yes I saw Jeopardy last night. Very funny. I was surprised Ken Jennings didn't answer that Musical Roles question because he answered all the others until that one.

I, too, wondered about that. One of my fears is that I find myself on Jeopardy and draw a blank on a Broadway Musical question (answer).

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2004, 07:01:16 AM »

Sad news about Jerry Goldsmith.

I might be E&T for part of the day. Adelphia is coming by this morning to see if they can do something about my internet.
And, as I mentioned last night, I've finished my script and must give it one last typo/"I have a new idea here" pass. Then, this afternoon, I turn it in. After that, I may be free for a day or two. (Free from working on this script. I have other writing to do and I'm looking forward to getting back to it.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 07:03:40 AM by Panni »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2004, 07:07:13 AM »

I've been invited to a screening of the new MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE at Paramount. Should I go? I so hate the idea of remaking a perfect film. On the other hand, I'm curious. And there will be free food. What to do! :P

Ben

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2004, 07:08:47 AM »

Free food! No question, you go girl :-)

Ben

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2004, 07:10:06 AM »

That would be my worst nightmare, appearing on Jeopardy and getting some kind of Broadway or musical comedy or theatre category and then giving the wrong answer, thus humiliating myself in front of the entire viewing public.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 07:10:49 AM »

The reunion is over. The car broke down, so we'll be here in Wichita for a while. Last night, we went to my very favorite Chinese restaurant, Lee's ("A good place  for taste and choice"). We went there two years ago after the last reunion, and two years before that. They remembered us.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ben

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 07:12:31 AM »

Who could not remember the floop loving Swedish chef???

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 07:23:47 AM »

The passing of Jerry Goldsmith is one of those poignant milestones that close chapters in film history.

For those not familiar with this titan's body of work, recall the martial music from "Patton" and the seductive strains from "Basic Instinct"; think of the jazzy "L.A. ConfidentiaL" and the majestic "Star Trek: The Next Generation" theme (written for "Star Trek: The Motion Picture"); try to recall the stark modernism of "Planet of the Apes" and contrast it with the soaring romanticism of "The Blue Max"; recall the thrilling "The Wind and the Lion" and the ominous "The Omen"; do all of these things and you'd only touch the surface of his contributions to the art of music composition for motion pictures.

This is an achingly grievous loss!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up