Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: I HEREBY DECREE  (Read 17586 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:I HEREBY DECREE
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2004, 10:06:08 PM »

One more part of today's story to tell.

Also at the shelter were a teen-aged girl and her mother, the mother with her leg in a cast.  They were trying to find a dog that had been picked up by mistake.  It seems that the grandmother had called in a stray, and the SPCA had come to the grandmother's home to pick the animal up.  Unfortunately, the grandmother's own dog had broken free of it's chain, so the SPCA, without checking, decided to take in two dogs on the one trip.

The grandmother had come in to the shelter herself, trying to get her dog back.  "Oh, we don't have that dog," she was told.  But the SPCA was very glad to collect twenty dollars from distraught Grandma for some unspecified reason.

So here's Ma and her daughter, trying to locate Grandma's pet.  "We don't have any dog by that description here," they were told.  They were allowed to see the dogs in the adoption area, but were not allowed to see any of the other dogs the way der Brucer and I had been.  In fact, the reaction to Ma and Daughter edged on hostile, as though they and their request were a waste of time and unreasonable.

Fortunately, der B and I had heard the description of their dog before we were taken back to see Manny, so we were able to take a look for ourselves.  There was no dog matching the description, sad to say.  But would it have hurt anything to let the mother and daughter see for themselves?  

Or maybe, if the dog had already been distroyed, even letting them check the area would be an admission of guilt.

Der Brucer and I went to a local restaurant after leaving the pound, where he did something I rarely see him do, he got on the mobile phone to talk with one of his Animal Rescue contacts.  Odds are no one will be allowed to do anything, but he's at least offered to give the dog with the broken leg a temporary home.  If that poor animal does get to live with us for a while, I'm thinking of calling our pack "The Magnificent Seven."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2004, 10:06:59 PM »

That's the wrong kind of post to start a page.  Sorry, but I don't feel like dancing.

:P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2004, 11:07:45 PM »

I'm back and must eat.  Notes will probably be a few minutes late.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2004, 11:10:59 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from Meteor... if you want to check out the place, it has a website:

Meteor

-And if you click on the link for "Mondays", you can see a pic of the very cute and funny host for tonight, Greg Gorden.  -And he even kissed me when I left!... More later...

I had a good time.  A couple of the guys from the cast showed up, and the musical director came along too to play for our Diana Morales, Cindy Marchionda.  They performed "Nothing" and "What I Did For Love" (with back-up vocals from the cast).

The crowd was small due to the continuing rains here today.  We were even notified of an official flood watch by some officials that were driving around the neighborhoods checking on clogged storm drains.  But even with the small crowd, there was plenty of fun to be had.  I give Greg major "props" for being able to keep the evening going despite the somewhat paltry turnout.  -Even some of the regulars were surprised at how many people did not show up tonight.  In any case...

The evening was in two acts.  The first act was devoted to A Chorus Line, and the second act was musical theatre in general.  Each act consisted of various video clips, trivia questions, and "Finish that lyric..." contests.  *I won a couple of shot glasses and an "Ed Wood" DVD for identifying Karen Ziemba and Bill Irwin in the clip of "Sooner or Later" from the Sondheim Carnegie Hall tribute!

And in another small world incident, when I went up to collect my prizes, the girl who was playing "Vanna" for the evening, asked she would be seeing me in the Spring.  For what?  Turns out she's an aspiring actress/singer, and I've played for her a couple times at SETCs and UPTAs.

Now as for Greg kissing me... And this story could have actually had a very different ending...  On my way out, I wanted to say Bye to Greg, and thank him again for being such a great and funny(!) host.  He was talking to some regulars, and as he was talking he was moving his arms around demonstrating what he was talking about.  Well, while moving his arms around one time, his elbow happened to make contact with the two glass I was holding in my left hand.  I heard the glass break, and fall to the floor.  I even think I closed my eyes for a second before looking at my hands.  Whew!  The broken glass missed my hands.  Then the profuse apologizing started.  Thus, the kiss.  Awww....  However, if I happen to head back to Meteor later in the week, and Greg happens to be there, the drinks will be on him.  :)

There was also a photographer there tonight, so I'm guessing my pic will be in one of the local gay papers later this week.  "Look, Ma!"

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2004, 11:16:35 PM »

-And if you click on the link for "Mondays", you can see a pic of the very cute and funny host for tonight, Greg Gorden.  -And he even kissed me when I left!... More later...
Yep.  Sucking face, what did I tell ya!

8)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2004, 11:17:50 PM »

OH! OH! OH!

One of the highlights of the evening was a video clip of Julie Andrews performing "At the Ballet".  All three parts as one monologue/song.   She even had a dance break where she was lifted up and around by two male dancers!  The musical arrangement literally had our musical director's jaw on the floor!  It was just too too too too too too too too too too too too too too too too too too much!  -And that's still not enough "too's".  No one in the cast had ever seen it before, and, the owner of the bar had dug it out of his private collection.

Well... Does anyone know where this came from?  It looks like it came from some TV special.  And, apparently, the special from which it was from also included Cher doing "West Side Story"!  So, do any H/Ks know about this creature?  And, if so, can they possibly get me a copy?  The conductor really wants a copy too!  -We asked the owner, but he wasn't willing to part with it or dub it for us.  Hmmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2004, 11:19:31 PM »

Yep.  Sucking face, what did I tell ya!

8)

Well, I didn't say I kissed him back, but...

:-*
 8)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2004, 11:21:04 PM »

...And it was in ON GOLDEN POND that I first heard the the phrase, "Suck face".  And thus ended my youthful innocence. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2004, 11:49:11 PM »

I remember the Cher "West Side Story" from a Cher TV special  but don't recall the Dame Julie effort. Check with François next Friday - odds are he will know.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Laura II

« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2004, 11:52:01 PM »

Uncle Woody,

Thank you so much for all of your advice. I really appreciate it, and I will definitely keep it in mind. I actually just returned from a study session with Joe at the Daily Grind, a coffee shop on campus. He seems to be in brighter spirits, thank God. We'll take each day as it comes. Thank you so much again!

Love,
Laura
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2004, 12:29:16 AM »

OH! OH! OH!

One of the highlights of the evening was a video clip of Julie Andrews performing "At the Ballet".  All three parts as one monologue/song.   She even had a dance break where she was lifted up and around by two male dancers!  The musical arrangement literally had our musical director's jaw on the floor!  It was just too too too too too too too too too too too too too too too too too too much!  -And that's still not enough "too's".  No one in the cast had ever seen it before, and, the owner of the bar had dug it out of his private collection.

Well... Does anyone know where this came from?  It looks like it came from some TV special.  And, apparently, the special from which it was from also included Cher doing "West Side Story"!  So, do any H/Ks know about this creature?  And, if so, can they possibly get me a copy?  The conductor really wants a copy too!  -We asked the owner, but he wasn't willing to part with it or dub it for us.  Hmmm...

Yes, if anyone knows from whence these come, please post.  I'd love to know, also!  

Umm...BK, I shouldn't be able to post on this day's topic (what with Tuesday's notes posted and all), so how can I??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up