Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: IF YOU ASK ME  (Read 23910 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:IF YOU ASK ME
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2004, 10:12:54 PM »

Charles, the chef at Cafe Zeus, gave me the following suggestion:

Place a roasted or candied chestnut in the bottom of a martini glass (preferably one with a sturdy stem).  Add a large scoop of vanilla ice cream and top with a berry  puree.  The chestnut is a wonderful bonus surprise after the sweet ice cream and fruit!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2004, 10:13:48 PM »

I honestly can't think of an ice cream dance.  Sorry.   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2004, 10:17:19 PM »

DRJOSE...did the clerk also give you a telephone number?

Um...No, she did not.

The store was basically empty by the time I got there.  However, I could not understand why there were only two cash registers open.  Yes, I know the clerks probably had one heckuva of a day, but still..  The customers who were currently at both registers each had two carts of stuff to be rung up.  Why isn't one of the Express lanes not open?!?!  Well... My "staring" down was not "cruising".  -Besides, there was "nothing" there to cruise. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2004, 10:42:15 PM »

I honestly can't think of an ice cream dance.  Sorry.   :-\

Well, there's always those "Twisted" flavors that Ben & Jerry's makes.  Close...

Although, I know some people who start dancing at the thought of ice cream, so...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2004, 11:14:50 PM »

Now playing...

When I first gave this disc a listen earlier this year, it sort of scared me.  Well, it did scare me.  But now that I've given it another chance, I'm rather liking it.  I'm still not too "comfortable" with his rendition of "My Shining Hour", but it's growing on me.  And even his rendition of "A Quiet Thing" is not as "shocking" as it was earlier this year.

Live and learn.

I need to search out his most recent disc of French chansons and mélodies which includes the first complete recorded performance of Berlioz's Les Nuits D'Été by a countertenor.  I'll have to set aside my "memories" of Dame Janet Baker and Regine Crespin.

...And for more information on this continually rising star of the opera world - who also happens to be a very nice guy too!  And openly gay!  -And quite "woofy" if I may say so...  Here's his website:

http://www.danielssings.com

« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 11:19:28 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up