Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: PASSING GAS  (Read 31219 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:PASSING GAS
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2008, 06:13:41 PM »

[size=12]PAGE 11[/size]
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2008, 06:16:16 PM »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2008, 06:17:32 PM »

The WSMA (Brent Barrett) has announced that June 6 will be his last performance as The Phantom in Las Vegas.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2008, 06:20:47 PM »

Might I suggest a musical version of The Agony & the Ecstacy with Kilmer as Pope Julius & Hasselhoff as Michelangelo.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 06:22:16 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #304 on: April 23, 2008, 06:23:39 PM »

Might I suggest a musical version of The Agony & the Ecstacy with Kilmer as Pope Julius & Hasselhoff as Michelangelo.

From your lips, to God's ears.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2008, 06:24:47 PM »

Don't they both think they're God?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »

Perhaps Mr. Kilmer would be available for PHANTOM.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2008, 07:00:10 PM »

Mr Kilmer would not need to cross the underground lake by boat.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2008, 07:06:47 PM »

Last night, I couldn't get into my work e-mail to check it before I left.  This morning, there were a couple of messages on our Intranet:

Email is down, 4-23-08, 7:55a.m. - Email has been down since 5pm Tues. night. Computer Services worked on it all night and is still working on it. Thanks for your patience.

and:

Email Update: [11:55am, 4/23/08] : Due to a major hardware failure that corrupted the email database yesterday evening, Computer Services staff continue with repair procedures to reconstruct the email system. Based on how long these procedures have already taken, it could take as long as Thursday afternoon to have email completely restored.

:o

It's been weird today with no e-mail.  Not that I get very much for work, but still...it's just been weird.  I just hope that nothing that I've been saving (or that anyone has saved) has been lost. :-\
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 07:07:51 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2008, 07:08:12 PM »

Anyway, I'm leaving work now.  Have a good rest of the evening, all. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2008, 07:19:10 PM »

'night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2008, 07:25:45 PM »

Good Evening!

Today was a good day.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2008, 07:28:42 PM »

Anyone wanting a hilarious recap of Lost, go here and watch the 4 1/2 minute video (I think you have to watch the other 2 first):

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=index
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2008, 07:29:41 PM »

So, what are any of the New York contingent up to on Saturday May 3?   I'm doing the birdwatching thing in Central Park in the morning and will be going to August:Osage County at night, but have all afternoon and dinner time free. I'd love to see whoever is around.  Keep it in mind.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2008, 07:30:32 PM »

Sunday AM May 4, would be fun for breakfast.  I do have plans for lunch at 1:00 PM, but the am is free

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2008, 07:44:41 PM »

So...

Since it was warm outside today, and since I was playing an audition at the casting office, I went ahead and dressed down: shorts, t-shirt, light jacket.  Normally, we just do "pre-screens" at the office, so it's a very informal process and setting, well...

Due to a slight stall on the A-line this morning, I did not step foot into the casting office until right at 11:30.  And upon stepping into the small studio, I was "greeted" by the musical director/conductor, the book writer, the lyricist, the composer, the director (who happened to be Richard Maltby, Jr.!), two (well-known) producers, the lead casting director and the casting associate.  -Good Morning, To Me!  Well...

"The guys coming in today will be singing two songs from the show.  Why don't we go over them with you."

Of course, I was not sent the music in advance, neither was I advised to come in a couple of minutes early to go over the (new) music.  I sit down at the piano, look at the music, the composer comes over to sing along, I start playing...

"That's great!" says the composer.
"Were you really just reading that for the first time?" asks the director.
The lead producer - whom I've worked for before - gives me a knowing wink and a smile - then says, "Hey, I think we've found our pit pianist!"

Whew!

And then came the veritable parade of Broadway actors/stars.  They all started off with their own selections, then read two scenes, then sang the two songs (which I was still basically sight-reading).  I did end up playing the up-tempo song a bit fast for the first actor, but, all in all, I had a very good audition session.  And playing for those amazing actors with their amazing voices was a true joy!

Best of all, I get to do it all again tomorrow.

*And, you can bet that I'm going to keep the producer to his 'word' about me in the pit!  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #316 on: April 23, 2008, 07:45:09 PM »

RE: tonight's AMERICAN IDOL RESULTS

SPOILERS

jdafkjdjafds jfkldj safdajdafdafljdfljdasf lafjd ldjafjdsfl;jsa flsjdflfj
I can't say that i was happy with who went home (carly). But I was really happy that brooke was not in the b2. I don't think she is the best singer. But i just find her so endearing. I was disappointed that 2 people who got good reviews (syesha and carly) were B2. And very very disappointed that long haired boy who stunk up the night last night, was not in B2. Does he really have that many fans? I have found him good at times (not really lately). but last night i just really really hated everything about the performance. Maybe if he had acted like he knew what he was talking about, it might not have made it as bad for me.
I actually wanted syesha to go tonight (since i like her less). Although now i think the 2 davids are F2 for sure.
ajfdlajfl;djafkl;jsafl d;jafl kjdfa fljlaf jals fjddaf ljsa fljs;fjdf

Jennifer

« Reply #317 on: April 23, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »

Congrats DR Jose!

Now if i don't fall asleep i may watch AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #318 on: April 23, 2008, 07:51:15 PM »

After I left the casting office, I headed down to Ripley-Grier to coach a friend for an audition he has tomorrow.  It turns out that they - whoever "they" are - are planning on bringing back "The Electric Company".  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #319 on: April 23, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »

You're the pits DR Jose!  

OK You're the Tops.    What a great post.  I'm smiling broadly. Must now go and share that information with DP Colin and with Magnus!
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #320 on: April 23, 2008, 07:54:24 PM »

So...

Since it was warm outside today, and since I was playing an audition at the casting office, I went ahead and dressed down: shorts, t-shirt, light jacket.  Normally, we just do "pre-screens" at the office, so it's a very informal process and setting, well...

Due to a slight stall on the A-line this morning, I did not step foot into the casting office until right at 11:30.  And upon stepping into the small studio, I was "greeted" by the musical director/conductor, the book writer, the lyricist, the composer, the director (who happened to be Richard Maltby, Jr.!), two (well-known) producers, the lead casting director and the casting associate.  -Good Morning, To Me!  Well...

"The guys coming in today will be singing two songs from the show.  Why don't we go over them with you."

Of course, I was not sent the music in advance, neither was I advised to come in a couple of minutes early to go over the (new) music.  I sit down at the piano, look at the music, the composer comes over to sing along, I start playing...

"That's great!" says the composer.
"Were you really just reading that for the first time?" asks the director.
The lead producer - whom I've worked for before - gives me a knowing wink and a smile - then says, "Hey, I think we've found our pit pianist!"

Whew!

And then came the veritable parade of Broadway actors/stars.  They all started off with their own selections, then read two scenes, then sang the two songs (which I was still basically sight-reading).  I did end up playing the up-tempo song a bit fast for the first actor, but, all in all, I had a very good audition session.  And playing for those amazing actors with their amazing voices was a true joy!

Best of all, I get to do it all again tomorrow.

*And, you can bet that I'm going to keep the producer to his 'word' about me in the pit!  ;D

WOO HOO!!! Yeah Jose!Sounds like a great day

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #321 on: April 23, 2008, 08:00:53 PM »

Sounds promising, Jose!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #322 on: April 23, 2008, 08:01:43 PM »

Then I headed over to Fifth Avenue to get an eye examination and to start picking out a new set of frames, well...

I got there at my appointed time: 4:30.  The guy at the desk said there was someone else in front of me.  -OK, I can wait a few minutes.  Well... There was a woman who was sitting on the "waiting bench", and she kept looking toward the exam room, and muttering, "What's taking him so long?"  It was her husband getting his eyes examined.  Well... About half an hour later, the husband and the doctor came out of the room, the doctor talked to the wife, and then.... The wife walked into the examination room.  Well... By that point, I was getting a bit frustrated trying to find a "right" pair of frames, and I really did not want to wait any more for my eye exam, so I asked to reschedule for tomorrow... Then headed across the street to another eyeglass shop to browse. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #323 on: April 23, 2008, 08:04:31 PM »

bk - Should I pass on your greetings to Mr. Maltby tomorrow?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #324 on: April 23, 2008, 08:04:57 PM »

DR td - Jim Stanek sends his love.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #325 on: April 23, 2008, 08:13:39 PM »

DR JRand - Should I say hello to fellow Hoosier, Luther Creek, for you tomorrow?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #326 on: April 23, 2008, 08:14:32 PM »

Jose, do you ever feel like you are at an episode of "American Idol?"

In a word...

[size=10]YES.[/size]
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #327 on: April 23, 2008, 08:15:32 PM »

I choose to interpret the moral to be:  Premature is never good.     8)

Well... Sometimes that does help bring a mercifully early ending to a not-so-wonderful evening.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #328 on: April 23, 2008, 08:16:58 PM »

But, as of May 2, these every day drives will cease and I will be a happy camper.

Hmm... Although, I guess since they only run Friday-Sunday, you'll still be driving out there three times a week.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #329 on: April 23, 2008, 08:18:11 PM »

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up