Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WACKADOO!  (Read 28818 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:WACKADOO!
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2006, 10:18:57 AM »

What does that mean?  Since I usually see "prep" in medical terms, I just wonder:  are you inserting catheters in cans of soup, shaving a ham, taking the temperature of a loaf of bread?

It mean's he's fixing to "fix" somethin'.

(Prep = prepare, preparation, fixin'-to-fix...)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2006, 10:19:20 AM »

Ooooooooh!

I started a NEW PAGE!

WOO-HOO!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 10:19:56 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2006, 10:24:36 AM »

I don't think I've owned a pair of pajamas since 1975.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2006, 10:25:04 AM »

It mean's he's fixing to "fix" somethin'.

(Prep = prepare, preparation, fixin'-to-fix...)

How kind of you to enlighten me.  I've only heard "prep" used in medical situations.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2006, 10:27:59 AM »

Can someone name some I Want songs other than Corner of The Sky.
Sticking with Stephen Schwartz:

Lion Tamer
Just Around the Riverbend
Out There

Sondheim's characters, with their typical ambivalence, don't have a clue about what they want.

Matchmaker Matchmaker (Fiddler)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2006, 10:30:09 AM »

DR MattH, tonight not only has American Idol but also new episodes of Boston Legal and The Amazing Race.

Oh and re: the CBS renewals you mentioned yesterday. The one I am most happy about is Ghost Whisperer. I just love this show, and was very teary eyed last friday watching.  As for Criminal Minds, I stopped watching after there were a few episodes that i found boring. i may watch again during reruns.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2006, 10:33:09 AM »

DR JRand - THAT is Tarek from the latest round of "The Apprentice".
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2006, 10:35:39 AM »

Re: Amazon.com and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" -- this time yesterday, they had not shipped and I could still have cancelled the pre-order.

Last night, I saw on a TV ad that Circuit City would have the DVDs today for the special price of $13.99.

That's a savings of $7 over Amazon's price.  So, I went in this morning (don't ask me why I waited til today 'cause I don't have a good answer) and was unable to cancel.  It was being "prepared for shipping."

Still no "shipping notification"...but que sera, sera...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 10:38:43 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2006, 10:36:31 AM »

On a happier DVD note, my final two DVDs from the Deep Discount DVD sale on Criterion titles finally arrived.  "A Night to Remember" came last Thursday, and I got "The Last Temptation of Christ" in yesterday's mail.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2006, 10:37:01 AM »

How kind of you to enlighten me.  I've only heard "prep" used in medical situations.

My pleasure...

;)

Jennifer

« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2006, 10:37:11 AM »

I feel so sad about Dana Reeve.  That is such terrible news. :(

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2006, 10:38:09 AM »

Then you truly should avoid jump splits, shouldn't you!

;D

Jennifer

« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2006, 10:40:37 AM »

I also watched the Apprentice last night.

Btw, DR jose (who loves Tarek so much). Did you see him as project manager last week?  I cannot stand him!  He is cute, but very smug and was fairly inept last week. He would have been fired if the girl (summer) had not interupted Mr. Trump and annoyed him.

I am sort of stunned at this cast. Are these really the brightest smartest people they could find?  Most of them are obnoxious and not that competent.  The lawyer stacy (from last night) was so bitchy and obnoxious towards the sweet funny brent that i wanted to hit her. I'm sure he (brent) must be a handful. But the fact that they would not even try to work with him (when he had lots of good ideas) was really making me mad.  Plus to blame the defeat on him when he seemed to be the only one generating text messages (the tasks) seemed mean.  Maybe they should have blamed THE TEAM LEADER WHO HAD THE WHOLE TEAM OVERSLEEPING ON THE MORNING OF THE CHALLENGE!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2006, 10:46:03 AM »

A question for HARRY POTTER fans out there. With the remaining films in the series, since the books are so involved, would you rather see those novels filmed in two parts each or would you rather see the condensation or elimination of subplots to make the movie a single 2 1/2 hour version of the story?
I'd rather see the elimination of the subplots and subcharacters, as they did with Goblet.  None of the films have been the worse for the elimination of Peeves, for example, a character who has appeared in every book.

The only problem is that astute viewers/readers can perform some reverse engineering, because of what has been eliminated, figuring out which plot threads are important and which are not.  For example, Percy Weasley played what most would think was an important part in Goblet, the novel.  He was missing from the film, but not missed.  So, too, was the house elf Winky not included in the film (and thus was also eliminated Hermione's creation of S.P.E.W.).

I'd list more that was missing in the film, but that would create spoilers for the future films, not something I care to do here.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2006, 10:48:33 AM »

DR Jennifer - Yes, I witnessed Tarek's ineptitude last week.  But he's still nice to look at.

-As for this season's crop of Apprentice wanna-be's... The whole international make-up of the group is interesting.  I also just read some of the background bios on the show's site, and it seems like most of them are already leading successful companies on their own.  In other words, I think most of them are past the point of being team players.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2006, 10:50:46 AM »

Well, time for an e-break...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2006, 10:55:32 AM »

DR Jennifer - Yes, I witnessed Tarek's ineptitude last week.  But he's still nice to look at.

-As for this season's crop of Apprentice wanna-be's... The whole international make-up of the group is interesting.  I also just read some of the background bios on the show's site, and it seems like most of them are already leading successful companies on their own.  In other words, I think most of them are past the point of being team players.

It is funny how these people can be so successful, yet look so inept on tv!

And while I liked Tarek before I heard him speak, watching him last week did not make me like him at all.  I am sure he is very smart. But he did not come across well last week, no matter how cute he is.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2006, 11:00:37 AM »

The lawyer stacy (from last night) was so bitchy and obnoxious towards the sweet funny brent that i wanted to hit her. I'm sure he (brent) must be a handful. But the fact that they would not even try to work with him (when he had lots of good ideas) was really making me mad.  Plus to blame the defeat on him when he seemed to be the only one generating text messages (the tasks) seemed mean.  Maybe they should have blamed THE TEAM LEADER WHO HAD THE WHOLE TEAM OVERSLEEPING ON THE MORNING OF THE CHALLENGE!

I was very pissed off that she accused him of "threatening" her...then changed her story and said she didn't consider it a "threat"...and then told Trump the original version, that he "threatened her".  Obviously it was a ploy to make Brent look as bad as possible.  In truth, Brent looked pretty bad in the board room, but nowhere near as bad as Pepi and Stacy.

Lying like that -- and impugning Brent's character -- was unforgivable.  I was pleased to see both those creeps go.

Would LOVE to ahve seen the looks on the faces of the team when Brent walked back into the suite!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2006, 11:02:45 AM »

I own 3 pairs of pajamas and a kurta.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »

Then you truly should avoid jump splits, shouldn't you!

;D

I think that goes without saying!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2006, 11:10:38 AM »

I was very pissed off that she accused him of "threatening" her...then changed her story and said she didn't consider it a "threat"...and then told Trump the original version, that he "threatened her".  Obviously it was a ploy to make Brent look as bad as possible.  In truth, Brent looked pretty bad in the board room, but nowhere near as bad as Pepi and Stacy.

Lying like that -- and impugning Brent's character -- was unforgivable.  I was pleased to see both those creeps go.

Would LOVE to ahve seen the looks on the faces of the team when Brent walked back into the suite!!!

Yes it bothered me a lot that she kept changing her story.

And while I don't think Brent comes across fantastically, it really bugs me that his whole team turned on him before the task even got underway. They even wanted to vote him out. He made it on the show, so the heck do they think they are to vote him out?  I think part of being on the show is learning to work together.  Brent may be different but he had lots of ideas, and he was the only one who when he saw the text messaging was not going well, actually tried to turn things around.

Btw, it will be hilarious to see the team's reaction. That will be the first thing they show next monday. Always one of my favorite parts.  

MBarnum

« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2006, 11:12:56 AM »

I just read that actor Myron Healy passed away...way back in December! I can't believe it is just now making the news! Poor Myron.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2006, 11:24:27 AM »

I own 3 pairs of pajamas and a kurta.

You are so Myrna Loy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2006, 11:31:01 AM »

I must admit I never heard of Myron Healy. I found this copy of a lobby card which provided a picture. He's the one in the green shirt, correct Mr. Barnum?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 11:31:39 AM by Ben »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2006, 11:31:48 AM »

Back from a fun class - everyone enjoyed the little "history" lesson.  Must now ship some packages.

There's definitely a problem with accessing this board through the shortcut of haineshisway.com/community, the way I normally do.  Works fine if you go through the site itself, but if you don't you get

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.haineshisway.com/community/” because it could not load any data from this location.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2006, 11:34:11 AM »

I've had trouble getting here, too.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ben

« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2006, 11:38:20 AM »

I don't want to jinx myself but I've had no problem getting here. I've been using my bookmarked favorite all day and I'm in and out with no problem. Hmmm, I guess I'm special  ;D

Jennifer

« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2006, 11:43:03 AM »

There is a really interesting online diary at metoperafamily by Audra McDonald about her Houston Opera event:

http://www.metoperafamily.org/operanews/issue/article.aspx?id=1540&issueID=57

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

Sondheim's characters, with their typical ambivalence, don't have a clue about what they want.

Matchmaker Matchmaker (Fiddler)

So?  What about I-Don't-Know-What-I-Want songs?

"On the Steps of the Palace"
"Marry Me a Little"
"Being Alive"
"By the Sea"
"Free"
"Now/Soon/Later"

oh, back to Schwartz, what about "The Wizard and I"?

I noticed someone mentioned "Rose's Turn".  Interesting, since an I Want song usually occurs early in the show, not as a 23:00 number.  (We're on 24-hour time in our house.)
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2006, 11:49:02 AM »

I don't want to jinx myself but I've had no problem getting here. I've been using my bookmarked favorite all day and I'm in and out with no problem. Hmmm, I guess I'm special  ;D

You're special, DR Ben, just special.  Tell Anthony I have a 1905 theatre scrapbook at the office to show him.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up