Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROLLING STONE GATHERS NO MOSS  (Read 34399 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE ROLLING STONE GATHERS NO MOSS
« Reply #240 on: July 10, 2007, 08:56:40 PM »

Continued vibes of success for Cilla!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2007, 08:56:58 PM »

Page 9 dance...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2007, 08:58:20 PM »

I read somewhere at one time that in London they adapted Doctor Who for the stage...

I have seen a bad movie version of Doctor Who with Peter Cushing and I must admit I even have a copy of it

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2007, 08:59:03 PM »

td,

I recommend Mira Nair's film THE NAMESAKE. It is excellent. She is fast becoming one of my favorite directors.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #244 on: July 10, 2007, 09:01:01 PM »

I read somewhere at one time that in London they adapted Doctor Who for the stage...

I have seen a bad movie version of Doctor Who with Peter Cushing and I must admit I even have a copy of it

Yes...I've never seen it and have no desire to, though I do like Peter Cushing.

Tom Baker's the Doctor for me, followed by Jon Pertwee. Eccleston wasn't that bad...I haven't seen enough of the new guy to judge...
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: July 10, 2007, 09:02:46 PM »

I like David Tennant better with Martha than with Rose.

I have all three seasons.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2007, 09:03:39 PM »

Love Tom and Peter (Doctors 4 and 5)! I have seen stories of Pertwee and I like him also. I was not a fan of Colin Baker. He annoyed me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2007, 09:04:57 PM »

The acting was not bad in the movie, just hte production values. It was actually taken from an actual episode and the script was adapted from screen. I have both the original eppie and the movie. Funny when you watch both and you can almost predict the scene and the dialogue in the movie.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2007, 09:05:29 PM »

DR Edisaurus, weren't you the one who posted about a friend whose mother disappeared? Is there any news?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 09:07:45 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2007, 09:05:51 PM »

Love Tom and Peter (Doctors 4 and 5)! I have seen stories of Pertwee and I like him also. I was not a fan of Colin Baker. He annoyed me.

I never cared for Peter Davison...rather wimpy for my tastes.

Well...midnight my time.

Night, all!
---Edna Mode

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2007, 09:06:26 PM »

I did not mind Eccleston... Rather liked him with Billie Piper. I loved Billie as Rose but she did not click with David Tennant. Freema Agyeman and David Tennant really click on screen.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2007, 09:07:20 PM »

I never cared for Peter Davison...rather wimpy for my tastes.

Well...midnight my time.

Night, all!

I did like him as Tris on All Creatures.

Nighters 3D and pleasant dreams!

3DDiffusion

« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2007, 09:07:20 PM »

The acting was not bad in the movie, just hte production values. It was actually taken from an actual episode and the script was adapted from screen. I have both the original eppie and the movie. Funny when you watch both and you can almost predict the scene and the dialogue in the movie.

Really? From what I had read they'd changed everything around - he wasn't an alien, just an eccentric old man... interesting!

Well, night again!
---Edna Mode

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2007, 09:09:09 PM »

Really? From what I had read they'd changed everything around - he wasn't an alien, just an eccentric old man... interesting!

Well, night again!

It is very much based on the eppie.  THey did change some around but if you are a dedicated Who fan you pick up what episode it is from. It is that obvious. For a person who is completely unfamiliar with the show they will not notice it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #254 on: July 10, 2007, 09:10:03 PM »

I have all three seasons. Donna is coming back as a companion in season 4.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2007, 09:11:25 PM »

I was thinking ....

with all the travel and arrangements bk has to do, perhaps the doctor will loan him his tardis to travel back and forth in an instant.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 09:13:28 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2007, 09:14:10 PM »

Kylie Minogue is appearing in Season 4

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2007, 09:29:03 PM »

Charles Lane = Homer Bedloe.

He was also the accountant that put Lucy Ricardo on a budget.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2007, 09:33:42 PM »

Very warm here, too.

I received an email from the director of THE FANTASTICKS today about 5:15 pm telling me that one cast member would be away from rehearsal tonight, and that the pianist would not be in until 8.....we will just work on a couple of dances....bring my CD player and music.

Which would have been fine, except I have choreographed from the score and hadn't really worked with the movement AND the music together....

So....I cleaned up NEVER SAY NO and took it in.  I didn't feel good NOT being prepared....I hate that.

But we did get it staged.  Of course everyone else was there watching and giving suggestions, since they hadn't been informed that the rehearsal was....not as scheduled....which isn't quite right...since we don't have a rehearsal schedule anyway.

So we started the ACT TWO run thru at 8:20.  El Gallo has decided that he needs to give everyone directions, sing along with ALL the songs, and conduct the score, too.  

So Henry and I finally climbed out of the box and took Matt away.  But when we got to ROUND AND ROUND, El Gallo said...."Do we have to do this song?  I don't know it....let's just skip it."  And the director said "Okay".....which of course means that Henry and I were cut out of the rest of the evening.....

Oh, and it was hot!

td

• td
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2007, 09:40:12 PM »

I bought the soundtrack upon my visit this time.

my dil goes. . . .
I love this soundtrack, too!  bought it online.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2007, 09:40:29 PM »

I guess i am desensitized to it... I see it too often among the college students

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2007, 09:42:04 PM »

Tonights question....

What female actress from a Ron Howard film sang backup and appeared in the subsequent video of a hit single featuring Clarence Clemens and Jackson Browne in the 1980s?

td

• td
« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2007, 09:43:56 PM »

By the way TD, where do you normally purchase your Bollywoods?
I buy on line; ebay, eros entertainment, etc. . . .

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #263 on: July 10, 2007, 09:50:40 PM »

DR DAKOTA CELT is making my brain hurt.

td

• td
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2007, 09:53:27 PM »

Tonights question....

What female actress from a Ron Howard film sang backup and appeared in the subsequent video of a hit single featuring Clarence Clemens and Jackson Browne in the 1980s?
It would be truly funny if the answer were WILLOW's Jean Marsh. . .

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2007, 09:54:58 PM »

nope...

I just heard the song recently and saw the vid on the net again...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #266 on: July 10, 2007, 09:55:33 PM »

no, but Jean Marsh was on Doctor Who back in the 1960s

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #267 on: July 10, 2007, 09:56:13 PM »

Her sister was on Search for Tomorrow in the 1980s

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #268 on: July 10, 2007, 09:57:55 PM »

One of the evils of a DBF that is a trivia fanatic. He goes up to Stevens Point, WI in April where htey have a huge trivia tournament that has over 300 teams competing.

I am proud to say I have stumped him a few times...

td

• td
« Reply #269 on: July 10, 2007, 10:04:54 PM »

Actually, Dakota - you don't mind if I call you Dakota - it's not that difficult of a trivia question for me for TWO reason:
1.  I'm the biggest Springsteen queen on this here site, so, I know me some Big Man music.
2.  My trivial mind holds information as to who was dating whom and when. . .

Ergo, since Mr. Browne was romantically linked to the star of Mr. Howard's SPLASH, the actress in question would be one of the stars of that justifiably maligned film STEEL MAGNOLIAS, Miss Daryl Hannah - who also is featured in Ridley Scott's BLADE RUNNER. . .

Oh, and the song?
It's from Mr. Clemons' HERO album, and titled "You're a Friend of Mine."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up