Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HEAVEN FOREFEND  (Read 26210 times)

MrMarkBakalor

Re:HEAVEN FOREFEND
« Reply #210 on: November 26, 2003, 04:07:05 PM »

Harem?!  I think not!  I am not a part of any guy's harem.  I am the sultana.

Baby you can call it whatever you want... sultana, harem, concubine, mistress...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: November 26, 2003, 04:10:23 PM »

I'm fairly detailed if asked to give notes.  I think I have my Wicked comments somewhere - they're fairly long.  But it's never about lines or anything, it's about story and structure and clarity always.

Meltz and Ernest's producers' funding fell out when the war happened.  I immediately found about half the money but haven't been able to lock in the other half.  We'll see what happens.  I have had two Broadway producers flake on Nudie and it's currently with a third.  We'll see what happens.  

Kritzerland, the label, will have its own business model and be just what I wish it to be.  In certain ways it will be what I wanted another of my labels to be, but no one had the guts to do it.  I'm going to do this exactly the way it makes me comfortable.

Yes, I'd do more co-productions.  Yes, I'll be picking up things that were available on other labels.  

No, I don't have the rights to any of the Varese material.  I do have a couple of Bay Cities things left, though.

No, I never heard of those nudie films.  My inspirations (as I say on the commentary tracks) were specifically the terrible movies known as The Lustful Turk and She Came on the Bus.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2003, 04:11:52 PM »

Emily asked:  what roles would I like to play regardless of talent (I add:  regardless of age or gender)?

Georges/George in Sunday in the Park With...

Daphne/Josie (I don't remember which)...the Jack Lemon/Robert Morse part in Sugar a.k.a. Some Like It Hot and Jed, I'm with you:  Edna Turnblad is the role to have!

Either one of the stepsisters in Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella would be a hoot!

Rose (yes!) in Gypsy

I've always wanted to play Henrick in A Little Night Music, and since we're talking about fantasy roles, the fantasy would have to include being able to play the cello for real!

There are always more that I just can't remember off the top of my head.  

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Vibes, Good Karma and Best wishes to Colin from Oz for a Speedy Recovery![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2003, 04:14:10 PM »

Good evening all.  Sorry for my hasty post but I woke up late and had to hurry, yet again, or miss the bus.

Talking about various shows closing.  I can only imagine how heartbreaking and sad it must be for all involved to see something they all so believed in to close or be rejected by the public.  I know that one takes ones chances but it leave one to wonder at what point do things go wrong?

Someone comes up with a story.  They think it’s pretty good.  They show to someone and they say, “Hey, I want to produce that story”.  Then more and more people come onboard from the set designers to the actors/actresses, etc, etc.  They must believe in the play/musical to some extent or why would they waste their time doing it.  At what point does someone say, “This is awful.  No one is going to come see this trash!”  And even if they did, at what point is it to late to try to fix it?  Or is it a case of can’t see the forest for the trees?  The people involved are so wrapped up in the story and the work of getting it ready that they can’t see that something is horribly wrong.  

You see, BK, you are not the only one who can ramble on about a subject.

JoseSPiano said:

What Thanksgiving side-dish do you absolutely refuse to eat, cannot eat, will not eat, makes you sick at just the sight and smell of it?
 Cranberry sauce.  YUCK!

Ben said:

Giblets make me cringe.

I have to agree with that but can’t agree with calling brussel sprouts

“Those awful little vegetables”.

I LOVE’EM.  

Cookies:  Chocolate Chip, Sugar and Maple cookies are my favorites. To nibble on-I’m not much of a baker.  Something always happens to the cookie dough before I can bake it.  It disappears.  Same thing with raw pie dough.  

Congrats Ann for finishing your paper!  Yay!

Best wishes to Colin and a very speedy recovery.

I took the test–I am. (According to the test, anyway)....

Hestia.  Goddess of the Hearth.  She never married, but only because too many people like her and she didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.  She was the most gentle of the Greek Pantheon and she was way cool.  Like her, you make people around you feel content and loved.  Go You!

Well, that’s off.  I’m nothing like that.  I’ve always thought of myself as more of a Artemis–Goddess of the Hunt.  

Speaking of harems, I was part of one at one time.  When I used to go to Sci Fi cons the group I belonged to had a habit of stuffing as many people into a hotel room as possible to save money.  People slept on the floor, in the bath tub, etc.  My personal preference was the closet.  Don’t knock it - it was like a private room.  Being short can work to an advantage sometimes.

Where was I?  Part of a harem–ahh yes.  Anyway there was this really, really, really shy guy we all knew who we called, “Dan, the Ghost”.  He couldn't say two words to a female.

Well, the ladies decided this had to change.  The next convention, the seven (all different ages and some married already) of us got Dan to think he was going to room in with the guys. Surprise!  Not only was he in the room with the seven of us, but we hung all over him everywhere he went.  We fought over who got to walk on the left or right side and at dinner, we all slipped him a $20 so when the bill came, he whipped out a roll about an inch thick.  NO ONE knew it wasn't his money and we played the whole thing as real.  

He was the envy of every guy in the place.  *chuckle*

Now, don’t get me wrong, nothing happened but here’s the payoff of the story.  After that weekend, Dan wasn’t a ghost anymore.  In fact, it was only a few months later that he found his lady love and got married.  Alas, it was not me.   :)

D

« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 06:32:44 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2003, 04:21:01 PM »

BK you mentioned that you were not sure if you wanted to continue putting the notes up at midnight. I have a question. What time would they be up at if you do it the next morning?  I think if you could do it at 7am/10am ET  that would be okay. But I would hate to see the days notes only go up only at noon ET.

Michael

« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2003, 04:25:20 PM »

No, I never heard of those nudie films.  My inspirations (as I say on the commentary tracks) were specifically the terrible movies known as The Lustful Turk and She Came on the Bus.

I forgot about those films and they do exist here is a poster for both of them

« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 04:29:04 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Kerry

« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2003, 04:31:57 PM »

There are so many of you to add to the hottie list, but it WAS early when I typed my post, and there are so many of you I haven't met in person.  Of course, Guy Haines himself would probably top the hottie list.
I like boat races.

MBarnum

« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2003, 04:33:18 PM »

Like this, TCB?  ;D

That is a yummilicious picture JRand53! Hmmm, will have to find THAT episode! LOL.  When I interviewed Carolyn Kearney she had some choice words regarding the experience of working with Vince Edwards on BEN CASEY!

I have to admit though, that I have enjoyed the show..the very few episodes that I have seen.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #218 on: November 26, 2003, 04:33:32 PM »

Time for Rangers vs Panthers Hockey!!!!

Everyone have a great holiday!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2003, 04:34:41 PM »

OMG DR MDS....that Something Weird Video releases ALL the classics.

MBarnum

« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2003, 04:34:42 PM »

Ok, the giant shirtless photo of Vince Edwards was supposed to show up in the quote in my last post. But it didn't.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2003, 04:35:19 PM »

Oh I got it from Brian's Drive In Theatre.....

George

« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2003, 04:37:44 PM »

Jose asked:  What Thanksgiving side-dish do you absolutely refuse to eat, cannot eat, will not eat, makes you sick at just the sight and smell of it?

Does it have to be a side dish?  I hate turkey.  Actually, the idea of eating anything that looks like it used to be alive is just disgusting to me.  That's my eating disorder--I'm a picky eater!  Anyway, I love sub sandwiches where the meat is sliced very thinly and it's all on a bun.  Quizno's, Subway, Blimpie's, Port of Subs, The Sub Shop, etc....  They're all pretty good.  But a turkey carcass with the bones and giblets and starting out raw and all that is pretty icky to me!  Always has been, always will be.  :P

Woody aksed what cookies do I like?  To make:  Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies are always very good, especially with walnuts.  MMM!!  :)  To buy:  I love Oreos (trans fat be damned).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2003, 04:53:52 PM »

I hope that no one is offended by this, but a friend of mine e-mailed me this (fake) Sesame Street Thanksgiving picture.  I was ROTFLMAO!  ;D

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2003, 05:25:03 PM »

Baby you can call it whatever you want... sultana, harem, concubine, mistress...

Dude!

Tomovoz

« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2003, 05:28:21 PM »

Patient patient Colin is home and thanks you for your wishes. DR Danise: Colin & I are with you on the Brussel sprouts. Love them. The ones from Antwerp are not as tasty. The Brussel Sprouts are wonderful with a lemon sauce.
"Calling Dr Casey, can you mend a broken heart?" (J D Loudermilk). Who cares about the heart I am sure he could cure more than that for some DRs.)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2003, 05:38:14 PM »

What a load...of lovely posts!  I'll be leaving work in about twenty minutes.  And then I shall post when I get to the home environment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2003, 05:41:58 PM »

Like this, TCB?  ;D

JRand:  You are saint, as well as a God!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2003, 06:30:45 PM »

Was just surfing the net when I found that Meat Loaf  has been in the hospital after he collapsed on stage.   I didn’t even know about it until now!  Thank goodness he’s ok.   I read that he has Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome.  

Lord, my heart skipped a beat when I first read he was in the hospital.

Extra special healing vibes for him to get well soon.

Tom From OZ: Brussel sprouts.  They were something I hated as a kid.  Now I can’t get enough of them.  Funny how your tastes can change as you get older.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 06:31:53 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2003, 06:49:29 PM »

Hey, what happened to everyone?  Whar'd everybody go?  Whar's Mark Hormones Bakalor and his bountiful bevy of babes?  Whar's the plethora of posters?  We started out so incredibly I thought we might be breaking some records today - of course, broken records are very difficult to play so maybe we should break something else, like Mr. Bakalor's hormones run amok.

Tomovoz

« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2003, 06:57:06 PM »

Perhaps the holiday has struck already! There may be only François and myself to post for the next 4 days if everyone is out of town. I bought (cheap of course!) a copy of "Star 80" on DVD today. I have long wanted to see it despite the harsh words written about it and Mr Fosse's look at the unseemly side of show business.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Emily

« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2003, 06:58:54 PM »

I'll tell you this BK, Mark and his harem aren't on MSN so you don't have anything to worry about regarding a certain "other" mode of communication. :)

I am putting the finale touches on my Mahdi paper and doggone it is great - if I do say so myself.  Maybe I should consider taking more Middle Eastern related classes.  I started off in CANPOL (Canadian Politics in acronym form) but have pretty much exhausted the interesting courses in that field... what do you all think?  Should I make the jump?
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2003, 06:59:46 PM »

Tom: Jennifer, Andrea and I - as well as Dan in TO - will be making up while the Yankee Hainsies and Kimlets are stuffing themselves with... er... stuffing :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Tomovoz

« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2003, 07:14:25 PM »

Good indeed to know that no-one is alone. 50 posts each per day should just about get us there!
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2003, 07:17:23 PM »

Okay we must not spoil. But Emily did you see Survivor? Wow, wow, and double wow!

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2003, 07:24:23 PM »

Craig says he won't marry me until I'm 18. Only a year and 4 months to go!

Sorry about being errant and truant, but we decided to go out to dinner. Well, my parents decided, and where, of all places, do they want to go? The restaurant where I work. It's just...weiiirrrrd. But I got my first paycheck for $145, which, along with the tips I've earned, puts me at about $300 so far. Kind of neat.

My computer keeps shutting down on me, or freezing, or taking 5 year to load things. I need a new one.

Did anyone else watch the "Saving Brandon" special on Dr. Phil today? It had me in tears when he was talking about his parents...reminds me so much of my brother. I really like Dr. Phil...

I'm thinking about trying out for a Cabaret night at McCormick and Schmick's, a local retaurant. A community theatre program is putting on a show, and they're holding auditions for singers, ages 14 and older. There are only 11 spots, but even if I don't get one, I think it would be good to get the audition in. I auditioned for The Sound of Music with the same program 2 years ago, and out of 700 kids who auditioned, they chose 3  to come to a callback for each part. I made the callback for Louisa, but I didn't make the cast (I was too tall...it's such a stupid burden, but I was taller than all of the Leisels!) Anyway, I get emails and snail mail from them all of the time now because I "made it that far". I think the audition might be a good way of getting my name in there, if that makes sense. Their shows are always really well put together.

The only problem would be that one of the performances is the same night that I'm supposed to see Mamma Mia! at the National Theatre in DC. I reeeeeally want to see the show, but I also want to be IN the cabaret night show. I suppose we shall see...

This was an incredibly long and pointless post. Oh well.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Tomovoz

« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2003, 07:29:09 PM »

Long and pointless posts at HHW and that hasn't been done before! Go for the audition. Nothing would be worse than regrets later on.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #237 on: November 26, 2003, 07:57:07 PM »

Thanksgiving eve. Surely a time for Gunter to celebrate and make that first break through post.
James Thurber 1957

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #238 on: November 26, 2003, 07:57:39 PM »

Here's an old, old joke, dedicated to Dear Reader JRand:

Did you hear about the boxing match last night?

No.

A hockey game broke out.

(Remember, there is no groaning at Haines His Way dot com.)
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #239 on: November 26, 2003, 08:08:50 PM »

I saw two movies this afternoon, Dear Readers.  (Ah, the advantages of unemployment plus having no company or cooking to do for the holiday.)

You'll enjoy Bad Santa if you get a kick out of seeing a foul-mouthed drunkard crook, in the form of Mr. Billy Bob Thornton, playing St. Nick.  The filmmakers try to blend in a redemption-by-taking-on-some-fatherly-aspects-with-a-totally-unsympathetic-kid story, but it didn't work for me.

The Haunted Mansion is not bad.  Though I am not a big fan of Mr. Eddie Murphy, he is tolerable enough in this picture.  The special effects--and there are many--are quite well done.  Terrence Stamp is fun to watch as a ghostly butler, and Wallace Shawn and Jennifer Tilly are both wonderful in their supporting roles.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 08:10:01 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up