Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: I CAN'T BE BOTHERED NOW  (Read 44735 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I CAN'T BE BOTHERED NOW
« on: May 16, 2007, 12:20:40 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had a little this'a and a little that'a with an emphasis on the latter, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - frankly, as the Gershwins put it, they can't be bothered now.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 12:09:01 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I CAN'T BE BOTHERED NOW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 12:22:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: AMELIORATE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:23:34 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 12:35:14 AM »

TMZ Obit:

Jerry Falwell 1933 - 2007

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 12:38:34 AM »

As it was on October 3.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 12:41:26 AM »

And as Elmore wished he'd said:

'I wish there was a hell for Falwell'

der brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 01:17:46 AM »

Wouldn't this stir up the pot!

NEWSMAX

Bloomberg Ready to Spend $1 Billion on Presidential Run, Say Friends

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is prepared to spend an unprecedented $1 billion of his personal fortune to seek the White House as a third-party candidate, say sources close to Bloomberg.

Another friend said Bloomberg has "lowered the bar” for a final decision on joining the campaign.
Bloomberg has now told close sources that he will make a third-party run if he believes he can influence the national debate and would spend up to $1 billion.
Earlier he was telling friends he would run only if he thought he could win a plurality in a three-way race and would spend $500 million – less than 10 percent of his $5.5 billion fortune.

Well, one things for sure - he couldn't be accused of being in some other special interests' pocket!

Now, who else to put on the ticket:

Some one from the Southwest for geographic balance?
A women for divesity?
An academic with Foreign Policy credentials?

A self-funded Independent ticket could be the ultimate "None Of The Above" solution.

If the major parties nominate polarizing candidates like Hillary or Romney, this kind of Independent ticket could win!

der Brucer

And the ticket would not be burdened with a Party Platform!

Generally I do not support the concept of third party candidates at a national level, but a true independent, on the otherhand....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 04:54:43 AM »

AMELIORATE the MEALIER OAT she found in her bowl, and then she gave the bowl a good washing.

Here's hoping Ben and Ant are having a wonderful time.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 05:41:08 AM »

I am only sorry that we lost Betty this year, because a 2008 Hottentot Ticket of Betty Hutton for President and Gale Storm for Vice President would be a sure thing!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 05:41:22 AM »

~^~^~^~^~^  HUGS AND VIBES AND PRAYERS FOR DR DANISE AND HER MOTHER TODAY  ^~^~^~^~^~
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 05:48:16 AM »

George W. says he's trying to AMELIORATE the plight of common folk, while the common folk simply have IRE AT LAME-O.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 05:51:06 AM »

Re:  Jerry Falwell:

I think we should all send vibes out to the little gay baby who will be born to poor Mormon parents in Utah in the next day or two (depending upon the length of processing time in Heaven.)  Let's all hope that he'll manage to learn to love and be compassionate in this time around.  He could turn out to be fabulous!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 05:52:07 AM »

Dear DR Jose:

Thanks for the link to the International Association of Culinary Professionals.  Their awards certainly are an alternative to the Beards.

It will take me a while to go through their archives, of course.  But, looking at this year's award winners, I'm surprised that they didn't even nominate The Omnivore's Dilemma for their Literary Food Writing category.  I found their winner for the category, My Life in France (Julia Child), enjoyable, but nowhere near the quality of Michael Pollan's book.

(Of their other two nominees, I've read and enjoyed The United States of Arugula, a very good modern history of the food industry, but haven't yet tried Slater's The Kitchen Diaries.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 05:53:13 AM »

Question for BK:

In television fall seasons past, what show did you most looking forward to that turned out to be the biggest disappointment?
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 05:54:27 AM »

Oh me, oh my.  It's time for me to get ready for work yet again.

Maybe I can break the self-check lanes once more!   ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 05:56:03 AM »

Dear Dan the Man:

I don't think our esteemed BK watches much broadcast television.  DVDs, yes, but not much that comes over the airwaves.

Modification: Now, if you were to expand the question to the DRs in general, I'm certain we'll get some very interesting opinions.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 05:57:04 AM by S. Woody White »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 06:02:10 AM »

Dear Dan the Man:

I don't think our esteemed BK watches much broadcast television.  DVDs, yes, but not much that comes over the airwaves.

Modification: Now, if you were to expand the question to the DRs in general, I'm certain we'll get some very interesting opinions.

Well, I'm sure that BK watched broadcast years back.  My question did say seasons past.

But, yes, indeedy--I would like to open this up to all HHW'ers.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 06:06:59 AM »

Good morning, all!  I'm wandering rather aimlessly about the apartment this morning.  I originally thought that I would go into the office but nowI believe I shall work on the editorial guidelines for a while here and then head to the NYPL for a round with the historic newspapers online.  I can also check out a few things in the New Mozart Editions of Don Giovanni and Le Nozze di Figaro and photocopy the pages I need for reference.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 06:07:18 AM »

I guess one of my biggest disappointments, TV wise, was The Debbie Reynolds Show....which wasn't very funny.

My BIGGEST disappointment of all time was LIFE WITH LUCY....ugh
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 06:21:44 AM »

I have a question for BK and all the Dear Readers:

Why is it that when one paints, the little flying bugs come and affix themselves to the new paint?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 06:23:50 AM »

And another question: Why are there SO MANY grasshoppers around in Phoenix lately?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 06:26:06 AM »

A sure sign of the approaching apocalypse...

singdaw

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 06:28:39 AM »

Why is it that when one paints, the little flying bugs come and affix themselves to the new paint?

Maybe they like the new color?

FJL

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 06:29:29 AM »

Loved that theme song for The Debbie Reynolds Show ("With a little love, just a little love") which was also used so well for the Attila the Hun Show on the Monty Python series.  (And the Monty Python DVD was the only place I could get even a partial copy of the Debbie Reynolds theme song!)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 06:30:41 AM »

~~~~~Megavibes of love and strength to Danise today.~~~~~~~
I will be thinking of you today at this sad time, Danise, and hope that there is a peaceful resolution.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Danise

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 06:44:27 AM »

Good morning all.

Mom is still with me.   :)

They offered to have her transfered back to the other Hospice House but she is in such pain that I didn't want them to move her and cause her even more.

I had them call a priest in to give her the last rites.  I wasn't sure if she would want that or not but I thought it would be ok.  

They are giving her heavy drugs for the pain so she is sleeping and looks peaceful--for which I am grateful.  

I don't know how much longer it will be but I know that it is very close. They say she could fool us and be better but I don't think that is going to happen.  I don't really think they think that either.

Thank you all for the prayers and vibes.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

singdaw

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 06:46:57 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***PEACE VIBES***[/size][/move]
to DR Danise and her DM[/color]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:48:45 AM by singdaw »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 06:48:47 AM »

Last night DR Cillaliz asked:
Is there anyone here besides me who has seen Spring Awakening and not liked it?  

I didn't see SA in the theatre but I have seen an ootlegbay video.  But even beforehand, I developed an intense dislike for this show.  I find it incredibly fake.  The authors have taken a play written over a hundred years ago that is about strict teen-age sexual repression in 1880s Germany and attached modern day American adolescent angst on it.  Whatever issues today's kids have with sex, repression is definitely not one of them.  I don't think that lack of information has been an issue since the 60's.  I think it's hilarious that the authors are trying to pass off the problems of their old Europe characters as the same of today's teens.

"trying to pass off"?--heck, what am I saying?--they have obviously succeeded!  And why?  Because the characters sing through very modern, catchy alt-rock idioms and are overall cute boys and girls?  I'm not sure--I would have hoped that audiences would be able to see through such a scam.  But I guess not...

Anyway, thus concludes my rant for the day...
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 07:05:12 AM »

And another question: Why are there SO MANY grasshoppers around in Phoenix lately?

Strange...

as for the bugs and the paint... The smell perhaps
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 07:07:02 AM »

I don’t know much about plots and conspiracies and such.  Of course, I do know, for a fact, that Woody Harrelson’s father single-handedly shot and killed Lee Harvey Oswald and then got himself sent to prison so that he could inject Jack Ruby with a new cancer-causing virus.  The virus was borrowed from the CIA who at the time was trying to develop a new deadly serum that could wipe-out all the queers, druggies, and heterosexual African women throughout the world.

Still, it seems to me that if I was going to be involved in a major gasoline conspiracy intended to defraud the American people; I would begin my plan just at the start of the summer holiday season when prices were always expected to climb.  Not only would it fool a lot of the population, but I would also have, to my advantage, all the usual pundits rambling on endlessly about supply and demand…increased daylight hours for driving…. vacations…. etc.    

In addition, if I was really smart, I would make sure that the Eastern Seaboard was the last area to experience the increased gasoline prices; since obviously the principle seats of government and commerce are located in that area of the country and those individuals would react far more quickly were it to affect their own personal lives and pocketbooks.  

Just something to ponder…

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up