Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: I CAN'T BE BOTHERED NOW  (Read 44740 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:I CAN'T BE BOTHERED NOW
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2007, 07:07:46 AM »

[size=8]PAGE TWO[/size]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2007, 07:09:25 AM »

Peace Vibes for Danise and her dear mother...

and a ((( hug )))
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 07:11:19 AM »

DR DakotaCelt:  So sorry I wasn't around last night to back you up.

Cover me; I'm going in.

:)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 07:18:40 AM »

Per DTM's question....

Since I have moved to Fargo, I do not watch a lot of broadcast telly due to my work hours during the school year and not being able to afford cable in which they want a king's ransom for mere basic. I tend to watch tapes, dvds or listen to music.

In the past.... let me see....

THE COLBYS
SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS - nothing like the movie... bad acting killed it and lame stories
PACIFIC BLUE - a rip off of Baywatch - even worse!

Here are to soaps I NEVER EVER want to see the light of day again...

Passions -- lame stories, bad acting and they need to remove the typewriter, word processer and other writing implements from this writer. I watched it once and was not impressed.
Sunset Beach

I may think of a few more later on. Interesting question DtM
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2007, 07:20:00 AM »

DR DakotaCelt:  So sorry I wasn't around last night to back you up.

Cover me; I'm going in.

:)

You are covered good sir!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2007, 07:37:09 AM »

I have a question for BK and all the Dear Readers:

Why is it that when one paints, the little flying bugs come and affix themselves to the new paint?

The paint manufacturers add female bug pheromones that attract the male bugs and they screw up your paint job and you then go buy more paint. The government has known about this, but significant campaign contributions to the "right people" have kept the practice secret.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2007, 07:41:55 AM »

And another question: Why are there SO MANY grasshoppers around in Phoenix lately?

They are NOT grasshoppers - they are alien hatchlings!

Hopping, jumping, leaping! (A Five Million Years to Earth reference)

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2007, 07:47:25 AM »

I didn't see SA in the theatre but I have seen an ootlegbay video.  But even beforehand, I developed an intense dislike for this show.  I find it incredibly fake.  The authors have taken a play written over a hundred years ago that is about strict teen-age sexual repression in 1880s Germany and attached modern day American adolescent angst on it.  Whatever issues today's kids have with sex, repression is definitely not one of them.  I don't think that lack of information has been an issue since the 60's.  I think it's hilarious that the authors are trying to pass off the problems of their old Europe characters as the same of today's teens.

"trying to pass off"?--heck, what am I saying?--they have obviously succeeded!  And why?  Because the characters sing through very modern, catchy alt-rock idioms and are overall cute boys and girls?  I'm not sure--I would have hoped that audiences would be able to see through such a scam.  But I guess not...

Anyway, thus concludes my rant for the day...

I agree with your rant. There is a lot more I could say, but I don't want to spoil the show for those who haven't seen it and don't know the plot.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 07:48:54 AM by Cillaliz »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2007, 07:48:24 AM »

An exchange from last night's debate:

The candidates also were asked to respond to a hypothetical scenario — homicide bombings at three shopping centers near major U.S. cities. With hundreds dead and thousands injured, a fourth attack is averted when the attackers are captured off the Florida coast and taken to Guantanamo Bay to be questioned. U.S. intelligence believes another, larger attack is planned and could come at any time. How aggressively should the detainees be interrogated about the where the next attack might be?

First to answer was Candidate A:

"We could never gain as much we would gain from that torture as we lose in world opinion. We do not torture people," he said. "It's not about the terrorists, it's about us. It's about what kind of country we are. And a fact: The more physical pain you inflict on someone, the more they're going to tell you what they think you want to know."

Candidate B replied:

"You said the person is going to be in Guantanamo. I'm glad they're at Guantanamo. I don't want them on our soil. I want them in Guantanamo where they don't get the access to lawyers they get when they're on our soil. I don't want them in our prisons. I want them there. Some people have said we ought to close Guantanamo. My view is, we ought to double Guantanamo.

Candidate A reflects my hopes of what we still could be, Candidate B my fears of what we have become.

der Brucer

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2007, 07:48:45 AM »

RE: AMERICAN IDOL.

I am really curious to see who will get voted out tonight. I thought it would be blake. but now i'm not sure.  I always thought it would be melinda and jordin in the finals. Then i thought jordin was in for sure. But after what simon said last night i think that will be enough to get melinda in the finals.

I really want blake to be there. But i have no idea who should go.

Oh and i did not like some of the judges/producers choices. "Roxanne"? "She works hard for her money"?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2007, 07:50:24 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

We're there now!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Michael

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2007, 07:51:53 AM »

ASK BK DAY

When will the DVD of The Creature Wasn't Nice be released?

Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2007, 07:52:12 AM »

RE: last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS results

I was happy with who left (he was my least favorite of those remaining). But i did not like that they didn't do a bottom 2. Not sure why they did that. Maybe they did not want laila to know it was her.  But making apolo (who is apparently the most popular) think he was going was a little mean.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2007, 07:52:42 AM »

Good morning!

A pretty day and cool morning, but it's going to het up to the mid-80s by the afternoon. Still, with the mornings remaining cool, I can open windows and doors and air the house out before the heat arrives.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2007, 07:54:59 AM »

I disagree with you, DR DakotaCelt, about THE KNIGHTS OF PROSPERITY fizzling in quality as its season progressed. Indeed, some of the later episodes were much funnier than the early ones and once they were bounced out of Mick Jagger's apartment as a possible robbery site, the search for a new place became fun all over again. (Among the episodes that ABC didn't air was a new story arc with Ray Romano's townhouse to be burgled.)

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2007, 07:57:15 AM »

I saw those comparison screen captures between TO CATCH A THIEF's old and new transfer, and honestly, I thought the old transfer (which is the one I've got) was better. The newer captures looked a tad soft to me. So I determined then and there not to spend money on the new one.

If it comes out on Blu-ray (and I've read nothing about ANY Hitchcock being given a Blu-ray or HD-DVD transfer), I may consider ungrading. For now, what I have is perfectly fine.

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2007, 07:57:20 AM »

I cried thoughout the last half of last night's GILMORE GIRLS.  I can't remember the last time a show ending made me cry (never?).

It was a really nice ending for the most part.  Filled with lots of great moments.

I watched it at 10pm (when it's  on here). And i totally forgot that most people get it at 8pm. When i went on the televisionwithoutpity forum at 11pm the recap was already up (along with many pages of comments).

The key one (which i agree with) is that we wanted more of the lorelai/luke reunion.  All we had was him planning a superparty for rory (her daughter). And when he found out it was going to rain during the party, he stayed up all night sewing tarps together!  When lorelai found out she ran over and they kissed. But instead of professing their love, they merely turned the camera to the town. And that was it!

The last scene was sweet!  and it ended with mother and daugher having coffee at luke's diner.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2007, 07:57:45 AM »

...Whatever issues today's kids have with sex, repression is definitely not one of them.  I don't think that lack of information has been an issue since the 60's.

An obervation (which does not impact on your conclusions):

there is still a segment of American youth not only sexually repressed, but kept in sexual ignorance - you'll find lots of them being home schooled.

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2007, 07:58:43 AM »

Since I spent a good deal of time yesterday watching SANSHO THE BAILIFF and its bonus features, I've got a lot of TV from the last few nights stored up to watch: SOPRANOS, CSI: MIAMI, BOSTON LEGAL, L&O:SVU, and VERONICA MARS. I'd like to get those watched today before more shows get added to the DVR tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2007, 08:00:29 AM »

Always sad when a well made,. long-running show comes to an end. It's like friends who you're going to be separated from.

I'm sure I'm going to have a similar feeling tonight at the end of CROSSING JORDAN, its last-ever episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2007, 08:02:23 AM »

I agree that the DEBBIE REYNOLDS SHOW was a disappointment. I was also disappointed in THE PRUITTS OF SOUTHHAMPTON, a funny premise but the show went nowhere.

I had no hope for LIFE WITH LUCY because I thought her last series made years before, HERE"S LUCY, was very poor.

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2007, 08:04:18 AM »

RE: last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS results

I was happy with who left (he was my least favorite of those remaining). But i did not like that they didn't do a bottom 2. Not sure why they did that. Maybe they did not want laila to know it was her.  But making apolo (who is apparently the most popular) think he was going was a little mean.

I really hope the final two are Apollo and Laila.  I really don't like Joey. I'm not sure why, but I really don't like him.  And it isnt' the big butt thing. I have one too

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2007, 08:11:10 AM »

RE: DANCING WITH THE STARS.

DR Cillaliz, there isn't really a final two for DANCING WITH THE STARS.  Next week is the finale.

Granted they will most likely tell someone they are third. But all three performers will perform in the finals.

I actually always thought that joey would win.  I don't see laila winning. I think it is between apolo and joey.  But it also really depends who ian and cheryl's votes go to.  I would not think they would go to laila. I sort of wonder if they might go to joey.  I really want apolo to win. He has been my favorite since the first night.

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2007, 08:12:18 AM »

Does anyone here know of any IDOL sites that predict who will go tonight?  Dialidol (which is not been at all good for this season since i guess it is very close) has nothing.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007, 08:12:27 AM »

RE: AMERICAN IDOL.

Oh and i did not like some of the judges/producers choices. "Roxanne"? "She works hard for her money"?

I could be worse - 2005 Academy Award winner "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp"

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007, 08:14:43 AM »

Good morning!

A pretty day and cool morning, but it's going to het up to the mid-80s by the afternoon. Still, with the mornings remaining cool, I can open windows and doors and air the house out before the heat arrives.

Sounds like North Carolina gets "Real Nice Clambake" weather a month early.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007, 08:18:38 AM »

Does anyone here know of any IDOL sites that predict who will go tonight?  Dialidol (which is not been at all good for this season since i guess it is very close) has nothing.

Aren't you the one who doesn't like spoilers ::)

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2007, 08:20:02 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up.

Alas, no oatmeal for me this morning since I seem to be continuing my turkey bacon, egg, and mutli-grain English muffin kick.  Very South Beach.  Almost.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2007, 08:20:36 AM »

Sherlock's Mom is in the house!!!!!

der Brucer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2007, 08:20:36 AM »

Hi.  I did attempt to post from DC.  After signing in multiple times with no results I finally gave up and went to bed.  That was the last time I had access to a computer.

The dog broke out of his crate on the way to the airport.  Craig had to wait 5 hours for a new crate and a new flight.  Needless to say we did not make it to Pittsburgh in on day.  At least I didn’t have to drive it all at once, and we did need to stop at a PetCo for food (Yogi’s was confiscated at customs) and he desperately needed a bath & the crate cleaned.   We were very lucky the nice groomers accommodated us so late in the evening.

Craig & I were busy from morning until late, mostly only eating one meal a day-a late dinner at the hotel.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up